New Voice Caddie SC4 Launch Monitor

isitour

On 2/2/2023 at 10:03 PM, beatarmy02 said:

Does anyone know a release date for the SC4? There doesn't seem to be any information on their web site. 

I emailed Voice Caddie last week and they informed me they do not have that information. Makes me wonder if it will be a Q2/Q3 release and or there are still working out bugs/features.

Taylor Made BRNR 11.5*

Taylor Made Stealth 2 + 5 wood

Honma TR21 7 wood

Honma TW-X 5-11

Edel SMS 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

17 minutes ago, pdxhak said:

I emailed Voice Caddie last week and they informed me they do not have that information. Makes me wonder if it will be a Q2/Q3 release and or there are still working out bugs/features.

It's vaporware.  No working unit demonstrated at the PGA show, no info available from the company or its website.  It's an attempt to freeze customers who might buy a Garmin or Rapsodo instead.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

If still in prototype mode, I wish they would add x yards left or right as a display metric. I tested the SC300i and the thing I liked most was being able to turn it on and start hitting into my net. Knowing distance is great, but now that they’re adding spin and launch direction, if they could show how far left or right of target, I’d still be able to use the device by itself without the need for a phone. That was the downside of the SC300i - distance alone isn’t all that helpful.

11 hours ago, pdxhak said:

Thanks for the update. That prospective timeline kinda stinks... I was hoping for something that was a little more imminent like the new Rapsodo. 

11 hours ago, dwboston said:

It's vaporware.  No working unit demonstrated at the PGA show, no info available from the company or its website.  It's an attempt to freeze customers who might buy a Garmin or Rapsodo instead.

I didn't realize that there wasn't actually a working unit at the PGA show. Based on the YouTube videos about it, I got the impression that there was a real working unit... but perhaps not... 

If they want me to wait for it instead of a Garmin or Rapsodo, they need to at least give me a timeline on when it might be available. 

12 minutes ago, beatarmy02 said:

I didn't realize that there wasn't actually a working unit at the PGA show. Based on the YouTube videos about it, I got the impression that there was a real working unit... but perhaps not... 

If they want me to wait for it instead of a Garmin or Rapsodo, they need to at least give me a timeline on when it might be available. 

There was a display unit sitting on a table with numbers on the screen (which begs the question of how those numbers came to be on the screen), but no unit set up to demonstrate how/if it actually works.  Watch those YouTube videos again - no one actually hitting balls with the unit.

Update**

-Release date early March-late April. 
-Has larger and more radars to detect horizontal ball flight. Empty top area is for radars.(needed more room)
-Will supposedly measure ball spin without marked balls. 

-Will have clubface and clubpath and more readings in app. (Screen obviously can’t fit it all on.)

-Unit is now backlit so you can easily see it especially at night!

-Will not cost much more/barely than SC300i.(so far)

This is looking awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, golfun said:

Update**

-Has larger and more radars to detect horizontal ball flight. Empty top area is for radars.(needed more room)

-Will have clubface and clubpath and more readings in app. (Screen obviously can’t fit it all on.)

This is looking awesome!

Thanks for the update. Where did you get the info on the release date?

2 hours ago, golfun said:

Update**

This is looking awesome!

That makes this much more interesting. I would be interested to find out how far it's able to track the ball. If it's reporting club face then it must be either measuring, or at least estimating, spin axis as well. I'm more tempted now to pick one of these up to use for outdoor range sessions if it ends up being reasonably accurate. The BLP is just too bulky to really carry around to the range before a round.

Edited by whumber

5 hours ago, golfun said:

Update**

This is looking awesome!

Do you think it will be able to run like a simulator? Any possibility of being able to download courses like the other units in this price range?

1 hour ago, JermWRX said:

Do you think it will be able to run like a simulator? Any possibility of being able to download courses like the other units in this price range?

From a post on the previous page:

• It has simulatior app integration for both iOS and Android. In simulator mode, the SC4 connects with the included MySwingCaddie app, providing a complete virtual display along with metrics and stats. 
  • To further enhance the simulator experience, the SC4 is fully compatible with E6 Connect and its suite of photorealistic courses (optional subscription).
  • It comes with a Free Simulator Driving Range Demo
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dwboston said:

From a post on the previous page:

• It has simulatior app integration for both iOS and Android. In simulator mode, the SC4 connects with the included MySwingCaddie app, providing a complete virtual display along with metrics and stats. 
  • To further enhance the simulator experience, the SC4 is fully compatible with E6 Connect and its suite of photorealistic courses (optional subscription).
  • It comes with a Free Simulator Driving Range Demo

Thank you! Sorry I missed that post.

I talked to the company. The Garmin R10 I thought was a lot better than the SC300 at correct reads. Maybe the SC300(i) is better? If this new unit can even just match the R10 on accuracy I think it’ll be a knock out. It will have a ton of flexibility from a simple stand alone range monitor, to more informative IPad mode, to full blown simulator golf. No other device does that in this price range. 

Edited by golfun
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, golfun said:

Update**

This is looking awesome!

Very nice, the initial pics wowed me and leaving wanting more. 

1 hour ago, golfun said:

This looks great but now I’m wondering about the Golfjoy Waver. It doesn’t have a screen on unit but seems like maybe it will track more stats for only $399. If true. If true. 

I hadn't even heard of the Golfjoy Waver. It looks pretty interesting and like a great option... but does it do simulation? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

I think the simulation is what makes the Garmin R10 and the Voice Caddie SC4 interesting... they give you the data but you can also do simulation for a bargain price (that's assuming that the SC4 actually exists)

1 hour ago, beatarmy02 said:

I hadn't even heard of the Golfjoy Waver. It looks pretty interesting and like a great option... but does it do simulation? I couldn't find that info anywhere.

I think the simulation is what makes the Garmin R10 and the Voice Caddie SC4 interesting... they give you the data but you can also do simulation for a bargain price (that's assuming that the SC4 actually exists)

I feel like the Waver no one ever heard of it. No info anywhere but it actually looks like a polished ready to go monitor! If it does do sim amazing. Still need to see how the SC4 and Waver compare in accuracy to even the R10. Many options right around the corner. 

11 hours ago, K3ith said:

Just found this. Looks interesting. I think they have some new products being launched on 1st March.

https://online.anyflip.com/mmsi/iuwe/mobile/index.html

Thanks for posting. It definitely looks interesting and I'll be curious how it compares to the R10 when the YouTube reviews start coming in. 

1 hour ago, golfun said:

I thought the R-10 was fantastic for what it is at that price point. If this can deliver similar accuracy with just using the beautiful built-in screen without a phone it will be an easy buy for me. The range at night would rock with this unit.

I used the SC300i this season and I thought it was pretty good. I know my distances using Shot Scope and the 300i was pretty accurate. The only issue I noticed was it would miss driver shots. I just recently got a R10(sold the Sc300i). I originally wanted the R10 but it was sold out for a long time. I have only used the R10 indoors so far and its been pretty good. I like the awesome golf app and E6. The Garmin app is my least favorite.

I must say , I like the look of the SC4. Not having to use a phone was nice.

It would be really cool if like Garmin, they included free E6 connect courses. Waiting for some reviews.

Titleist TSR2  10*

TaylorMade Burner Mini 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 16.5*

Ping G425 Hybrid 21*

Wilson Staff Utility 24*

Wilson D9 Forged 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50 F 54* S 58* M

Evnroll ER11v Midlock

Titleist ProV1

The Garmin R10 and The Mevo Plus come with the E6 Connect that has 6 courses and practice ranges. It has pretty nice graphics for the courses and ranges. You can view your data and scores at the E6 Portal on their website.

You can purchase more content with E6. For example, a 39+ course package is $400 CAD for 12 months. Awesome Golf which is a very nice App is $499 CAD for "lifetime" subscription.

Currently E6 does not have any options for Voice Caddie on their website.

Titleist TSR2  10*

TaylorMade Burner Mini 13.5*

Titleist TSR2 16.5*

Ping G425 Hybrid 21*

Wilson Staff Utility 24*

Wilson D9 Forged 6-PW

Titleist SM9 50 F 54* S 58* M

Evnroll ER11v Midlock

Titleist ProV1

On 2/27/2023 at 6:44 PM, golfun said:

Hopefully it comes with at least a few courses for free in E6 like R10. That would be enough for a lot of people.

I hope it comes with something like that as well. Right now, the Garmin is hard to beat at that price point and it gives a taste of sim golf as well, not just the range. If the SC4 does that, it could be a winner. If it doesn't, it still might be great, but might lose a bunch of sales to the R10. I'm honestly torn between the two and plan on purchasing something soon-ish. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beatarmy02 said:

I hope it comes with something like that as well. Right now, the Garmin is hard to beat at that price point and it gives a taste of sim golf as well, not just the range. If the SC4 does that, it could be a winner. If it doesn't, it still might be great, but might lose a bunch of sales to the R10. I'm honestly torn between the two and plan on purchasing something soon-ish. 

Yea I'm up in the air between this, mlm 2 and r10.