2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Titleist 2023 irons

Wonderboy

Apologies if this was already discussed, but do we know the std loft differences between the 2023 T200 utility v standard 3 and 4 irons?  

Driver: 10* Titleist TSi3 w/Ventus Black 6

3-Wood: 15* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

5-Wood: 18* Titleist TSi2 w/Ventus Blue 8

Hybrid: 21* Titleist 818H2 w/Graphite Design HY-95

Irons (3-P): Titleist 2021 T100 w/KBS Tour

Wedges (50*, 54*, 60*): Vokey WedgeWorks SM8 w/KBS Tour

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 9.5 Triple Black

**14-club set-up course/conditions dependent

Also, are there any other differences between the utility and standard T200s outside of loft and shaft material (head weight, etc)?

Do you know the lofts for the 3 and 4 irons then?  Same as 2021?

On 7/26/2023 at 10:07 AM, kintap said:

Agree.  I love the LZ.  I don't find them even remotely boardy.  I have heard quite a few people say that they like the 6.0 but not the 5.5.  They're almost like different shafts.  I'm in 6.0 and have never hit the 5.5 though, so I can't comment on that.

I also love the LZ and have played 5.5 in my titleist (and any brand set) forever. Tried 6.0 this year since it’s more stock and don’t like it as much.  They honestly perform the same for me but feel on 5.5 is just that little bit better for my speed and tempo. I feel like it’s working for me where the 6.0 requires a max effort and can handle it. I don’t think 5.5 is loose but it’s just a little bit more feel with no ballooning or extra side spin. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCC1898 said:

Lofts are the same...only difference is shaft availibility and build.

I always assumed it was a .370 tip on the utility build instead of .355

TSi3 10* Ventus Black 6X 45"

TM BRNR 13.5* hzrdus gen4 black 6.5 70g 43.75"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 42"

25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Cobra Snakebite Raw 48,52,56,60 w/ KBS Hi-Rev 135x (56/60)
L.A.B. Golf DF3 35"/ 69* Press Pistol, Accra Shaft G align

Ambassador @truelinkswear

1 hour ago, dlovage said:

Anybody do or doing a Titleist fitting at San Jose Golf Complex? I'm booked for Monday evening - can't wait!

That is where I've done all of my staff fittings.  The facility is not "open to the public" and is really nice.  The bermuda turf there is always in great shape.  You'll probably also be hitting ProV1's too, so the fitting will be top notch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyJames212 said:

Can we safely assume that all Titleist fitting locations (not big box stores) will have the 2023 irons now? I was looking at doing one next week on the 2nd. A day before the orders can actually be placed online. 

Yes, if it's a fitting event that is listed on the Titleist website.  If it's the traditional "demo day" that some courses put on with their own fitting equipment, I would call the course to confirm if they have the new fitting irons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, globetrottingdad said:

Hi everybody!

this will be my first post on the forum. I am from the Netherlands, 3.5 hcp. I have been playing the t100s and as they are worn was looking for the new titleist line. Did the complete fitting and I was really surprised. Here is the summary:

T100 : the head of the t100 is smaller from toe to heel than the old one. The bounce on the toe is marginally larger and the bounce on the heel is slightly decreased. Feel was good, not much in compared to the old t100, launch is still nice and for me personally somewhat towering. (I play AMT black S300 with a 7i swing speed of 126). 
verdict: for me there is not much in it compared to the old t100. Optically the old t100 has a slimmer top line and feels more blade like. 

t150: now this was interesting. In short, I really did NOT like this iron. It has hardly any resemblance to the t100s in either feel or looks. Much thicker top line, thicker sole. It is more forging perhaps but the downside overall is that there is noticeably less feel with this iron than the t100s or the t100. For me the iron and no finesse. Turf interaction was good but not as good as the t100s (or the t100). Ball flight was high launching but again, not much in it compared tot he t100. My strikes were not as pure with the t150 as with the t100.

verdict: i was disappointed. It plays okay in the longer irons but for me in the shorter ones it is not good at all. It is a brand new line and has something in it or a T770 (which felt the same kinda). Forging but no finesse and less feel.

t200: felt like it supposed to feel. Really hot off the face , but felt as i expected it to feel . In all fairness the feel of the t200 and t150 for me was similar. Good blend between the two irons. 
verdict: this iron is not for me. However, in the 3 iron utility with a hazrds smoke black shaft if fel amazing! It was a bullet. Carey’s 235 yards and dead straight . 

What’s in the bag: you all might be laughing, but I did not order the new line. The t100s is just simply a perfect iron (for me) and the new t100 has not resembled it. You could go with the t100and string loft it one degree and that would get close. I ordered the t100s from PW to 4 and a new t200U 3 iron.

for my gapping I use a 49 degree gap wedge (48 weakened 1 degree). A 54 degree sand wedge and a 59 degree lob wedge (I have two. A T Grind and a K grind).

I hope this all helps. 

thanks for the report. I assume you mean 7i ballspeed of 126, not swing speed though?!

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

1 hour ago, Seidinho said:

thanks for the report. I assume you mean 7i ballspeed of 126, not swing speed though?!

yes my bad. Was typing quickly. So, my 7I ball speed is 126 and my swing speed is around 91. And no, not Km/H 😄😄.. mph.

I wanted to add also that I felt as the titleist fitter did want to push me into the T150. But my numbers we the 2 degree weaker lofted t100 were probably even better than with the t150.

when the T150 compared to my own T100s (same shaft in both), the T100s had a higher peak height, better descent angle, a touch less spin, but a 4-5 mp/h higher ball speed and a tighter dispersion. I just did not seem to get the T150 working. Again, that is just me, but in my opinion the 2021 T100/T100s were just simply almost perfect! 

lastly, the reason I play titleist is because of the feel! Again, personal preference and therefore subjective, Taylormade I do not like because I have less feel and feels harsher (t770/790). Unfortunately the T150 moved that way in feel but also the way the iron looks from the top at address.

I was quite surprised to be honest 😄 

25 minutes ago, globetrottingdad said:

yes my bad. Was typing quickly. So, my 7I ball speed is 126 and my swing speed is around 91. And no, not Km/H 😄😄.. mph.

I wanted to add also that I felt as the titleist fitter did want to push me into the T150. But my numbers we the 2 degree weaker lofted t100 were probably even better than with the t150.

when the T150 compared to my own T100s (same shaft in both), the T100s had a higher peak height, better descent angle, a touch less spin, but a 4-5 mp/h higher ball speed and a tighter dispersion. I just did not seem to get the T150 working. Again, that is just me, but in my opinion the 2021 T100/T100s were just simply almost perfect! 

lastly, the reason I play titleist is because of the feel! Again, personal preference and therefore subjective, Taylormade I do not like because I have less feel and feels harsher (t770/790). Unfortunately the T150 moved that way in feel but also the way the iron looks from the top at address.

I was quite surprised to be honest 😄 

ha, yeah that makes more sense 🙂  Interesting on the rep pushing the T150, I feel like we've heard the same in some other posts. Almost seems like them wanting to position the T100 as a true PGA / low-cap iron, and T150 as 'regular" player's iron. 

Interesting you say you play Titleist because of feel. I like the feel, but there are definitely better feeling player's irons out there (e.g. JPX Tour or ZX7). 

Titleist TSR2 10° Ventus TR Red | Titleist TSI2 3 wood 15° | Callaway UW 19° | Titleist T100 | Taylormade MG3 | Toulon Design Portland

17 minutes ago, Seidinho said:

ha, yeah that makes more sense 🙂  Interesting on the rep pushing the T150, I feel like we've heard the same in some other posts. Almost seems like them wanting to position the T100 as a true PGA / low-cap iron, and T150 as 'regular" player's iron. 

Interesting you say you play Titleist because of feel. I like the feel, but there are definitely better feeling player's irons out there (e.g. JPX Tour or ZX7). 

I agree. The zx7 did not work with my turf interaction. (T100 in my experience way better). And the reason I went with the titleist vs de mizuno is availability in the area where I live. I agree that mizuno irons have always been amazing! 

I do not know what fitters hear from titleist of course. I do know that titleist is clearly adjusting its line. Any idea where the CB fits in now?

A local fitter here in town got the T350 heads on Wednesday, so I am hoping to get into there and hit them soon.

After my last few rounds w my 2021 T100's - the bar is HIGH. 

Driver - G425 Max w a AltaCB S 55

3 Wood - TSI2 Tensei Blue 65 S

5 Wood - TSi2 Tensei Blue 64 S

Hybrid - Cobra RadSpeed 21º ES Recoil S

Irons - 5-PW Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo Modus105 S

Wedges - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52/10 + Full Face RTX Zipcore 58/9

Putter - Odyssey Versa White Hot One

Bag: Cobra Ultralight Stand

Ball : Titieist ProV1 - Demoing the Callaway Chrome Tour for 2024 

1 hour ago, Pure716 said:

I had the opportunity to try out the new 2023 T-Series irons yesterday as part of an iron fitting at my local Club Champion. 

My Background
Before we get into the fitting I wanted to share a little bit about myself.

I was a PGA Professional for a number of years. In full disclosure, I was on staff with Titleist throughout my career.  I mention this to speak to the quality of fittings I have had access to. Throughout my years playing golf I have had fittings done through sales reps at Demo Days, independent fittings through Club Champion, and during my time on staff with Titleist, I was even fit at Manchester Lane. Yesterday was my first fitting since I have left the Golf Industry. This meant I had the ability to play whatever brand ultimately worked best for my game.

I have been playing the 2019 T100 irons since their release on August 30th, 2019. Additionally, I have always been fit, and played, KBS C-Tapers at an extra ½” long since the release of Ping i20 irons (However long ago that was?). This was mainly due to poor swing mechanics which left me unable to keep my spin rate down.

My goals for the fitting
1) To see what the best irons were for me, irrespective of brand.
2)  See if I really need to play an X-Stiff, 130-gram iron shaft to keep my spin rate down

The Fitting Process
I tried to go into the fitting with as little bias as possible. However, I was really, really excited about the 2023 T100 & T150 irons. Additionally, my time as a PGA Professional makes it very hard to be completely unbiased/unaware during the fitting process. For example: I can look away as the “tags” are being entered on Trackman and do my best to not see what it is that I am hitting. However, even if I commit to not looking at a shaft label I can still recognize a KBS C-Taper vs a Project X IO. My point in sharing this is that even though I tried to be as unaware of the fitting process as possible, some things I couldn’t keep hidden.

My fitting was done at Club Champion indoors using Trackman and Titleist ProV1 RCT golf balls. Before we continue, I want to say that I was really hoping Club Champion would utilize the new ProV1 RCT golf balls for my fitting. I’ve been playing a ProV1 golf ball for years and liked the idea of the RCT being one extra check to confirm the data was accurate.

The Fitting
I warmed up with my 2019 T100 6-iron with +1/2” KBS C-Taper X. Once I was loose, my fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. 

image.png.8a9087e4081da508b073afde430ff063.png

I consider this to be a very accurate representation of what I see on the course. I typically play a slight draw - so long as the ball doesn’t go right, I’m good with it. My typical swing speed with a 6-iron is around 90 mph which I expect to go 180 yards. Unfortunately, due to poor mechanics, I typically do not reach the optional 1.38 smash factor with my irons. I was aware that this leaves some room on the table for distance gains. However, I honestly didn’t think I could get there. 

My fitter suggested that we first try to nail down the best shaft for me. Once we had that variable figured out, we would compare all the major OEM’s starting with Titleist. A 90 mph 6-iron put me right on the line between X-stiff and Stiff. However, I do not play and practice nearly as much as a I used to. On top of that, I am certainly not getting any younger. This led us to focus on stiff flex shafts. We started by using a 2023 T-100 6-iron and KBS C-Taper S as a new baseline. 

image.png.012784bd6305baa729c124bee38cb5f4.png

From there, we tested:

• Project X LZ 6.0
  • Nippon NS Pro 1050GH
  • Dynamic Gold Mid 115
  • Accra 115
  • Project X IO 6.0
  • KBS Tour V

image.png.f51bcba8c0a928b7207f229fc624f707.png

It was quickly apparent that KBS shafts work and feel the best for my swing.  As we progressed from my 6-iron, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS C-Taper S, to the 2023 T-100 with KBS Tour V S, my ball speed, smash factor, carry, and total progressively got better. We knew we were onto something. 

Now that we had the shaft selected, we worked our way through every major OEM. Starting with the new 2023 T-100 and T-150.  I really appreciated that the fitter remembered my interest in the 2023 T-Series irons and started with the two heads I was most interested in. Early on, he identified that a stronger lofted players iron was likely going to be the ticket. 

Above, I mentioned that the fitter asked me to give a grade rating (from A to F) for every swing I took. Anything below a C would be tossed. The below chart depicts the first four swings with the 2023 T-150 head. This was the only head where I did not toss out a single shot.

image.png.1cf4bfef82e2a7a520dc6d5bad5bf953.png

As you can see, compared to my gamer my swing speed went down negligibly (from 89.6 to 89.3) yet my ball speed increased (from 118.7 to 123.6). This was largely due to my smash factor increasing (from 1.33 to 1.38).  It is important to note that every iron was compared using the exact same loft & lie - regardless of manufacturer specifications. The end result was a gain of 9.1 yards in carry and 8.9 yards overall. Additionally, the tightest dispersion by far came from this set up. Unfortunately, I cannot get the dispersion graph to upload. 

Even though we knew this would be tough to beat, we continued to test a players cavity head from every OEM. 

For those wondering, the iron heads we tested were:

• Mizuno Pro 223
  • Callaway Apex
  • Srixzon ZX 5
  • Ping i230
  • Cobra King Tour
  • Taylormade P770
  • Homa TW757P

Ultimately, the 2023 T-150 irons won hands down. Finishing runner up was the Srizxon ZX5 followed by the Callaway Apex. A big surprise was finding out that my best shots were with the KBS Tour V iron shafts at only +1/4”. This was a surprise for me since I have played +1/2” irons since 2010. However, I can’t argue with the performance from this fitting. 

I ended up ordering from Club Champion immediately following my fitting. I know there is a lot of negative press regarding the price they charge for clubs. Some may not know that Club Champion offers what they call “OEM Plus.” That means they order the clubs directly from Titleist and check the lengths, lofts, lies, and swing weights once they are delivered to the store. Additionally, if you play a grip that isn’t offered via Titleist (like I do) they will order those sperate and install them for you. The only additional fee as compared to ordering directly from Titleist came from the grips & labor which totaled roughly $50.

Overall, I’m more excited than I’ve ever been to get a set of irons. If anyone has additional questions please feel free to reach out.

Great stuff! 

I'm curious if you could share a little on how the T150s compared to the other irons? I play i230s and have tested Cobra King Tours extensively, so I'm especially intrested in those two. What were some of the key differences you noticed? Both in terms of the numbers, and any feel/looks type intangibles you picked up on. Thanks!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9* | Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

3W: Ping G430 Max @14* | Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 70X

7W: Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Max 21* | Project X Denali Blue 80TX

Hybrids: Ping G430 5H @25*, 6H @29 | Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Ping i230 6-UW | Fujikura AXIOM 105X

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 54/12W@55/13W, 60/12X | Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Putter: Bettinardi 2024 BB1 Wide 

On 7/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, AKub said:

Oh man… I also ordered on 7/17 and keep waiting for the shipping email! Hopefully it comes tomorrow.

Have you gotten a shipping update?  I ordered on 7/27, today got email that my order is "in progress" with an estimated ship date of 9/1. Fitter said "about 3 weeks" so I wonder if the 9/1 is just the default until the order gets further along in the que?

On 7/21/2023 at 5:55 AM, Warrick said:

Ordered the T150 6/7 earlier this week, going to combo in with T100s, 8-G.

Have you gotten a shipping update?  I ordered on 7/27, today got email that my order is "in progress" with an estimated ship date of 9/1. Fitter said "about 3 weeks" so I wonder if the 9/1 is just the default until the order gets further along in the que?

42 minutes ago, erichake said:

I ordered the T150 5-G on 7/17.  My order went to "in progress" with an estimated ship date of 8/22.  I called Titleist to ask about this, they said to ignore the ship date, they are still hoping to get orders sent out in 2-3 weeks.  My clubs have not shipped yet for what it's worth.

• Like 1

My buddy had a fitting two weeks ago and got his irons yesterday. Wrong shaft and lie for me, but hit new T200 7iron and was very impressed. They look stunning in the bag and at address, and feel is much improved. Titleist has a winner on their hands. 

WITB:

Ai Smoke Max 9* Tensei 1k Blue

Ai Smoke Max 5w Ventus Blue +

'24 APEX UW 21* AD IZ 8S

Ping Blueprints S 5-P Modus 105S

Ping S159 50S / 54S/ 58H

Custom PLD Anser 2D Carbon Steel / Stability Tour

Chrome Tour X