Are Vessel and Titleist Linksmaster/Legend bags "worth it"?

Been looking at bags and popped into my local store to check out some out in person. Looked off to the side and they had an entire pallet of the Titleist Linkmaster/Links Legend bags and Vessels too. I've never seen them in person and they seem way higher quality than any of the other bags. The Titleist ones look borderline a little flashy, but I won't deny they're beautiful bags.

So... are they worth it? I know they're like $150-200 more. How are they for carrying? They seem heavy. The Vessel VLS seemed like a great middle ground with more "performance" materials, lighter weight, but still high quality finishing and construction.

Would love to hear peoples' thoughts!

unnamed.jpg.ac1b8bec5148e2425aec34c4709e7242.jpg

I have a Vessel Players 3, have only had it about 2 months but so far love it. It looks great, has a little more space than my Linksmaster. I use it either for walking rounds with a push cart or for cart rounds.

The Linksmaster is my go to for trips where we will be using caddies. I have never thought of the word "flashy" to describe it. I think it looks pretty understated?

I’ve got a Vessel Player III and a Linksmaster:  

1.  both are great when it rains, they are both really water resistant.

2.  the Linksmaster is a more durable build but both are solid.

3.  Neither one has what I consider a great water bottle pouch

4.  You get what you pay for.  

FWIW, I had contacted Vessel’s customer service regarding a couple of problems with my bag, they resolved the problem and sent a replacement out to me overnight.  

I’ve been playing for 45 years now, I’ve used everything and probably wouldn’t use anything other than a Linksmaster/Linkslegend or Vessel for my main bags.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ND2005 said:

I have a Vessel Players 3, have only had it about 2 months but so far love it. It looks great, has a little more space than my Linksmaster. I use it either for walking rounds with a push cart or for cart rounds.

The Linksmaster is my go to for trips where we will be using caddies. I have never thought of the word "flashy" to describe it. I think it looks pretty understated?

I think it's just the more premium materials and buckles on the Titleist bag. The Linksmaster felt a little bit higher quality than the Vessel, but I'm concerned about weight with both of them walking. 

1 hour ago, Florida Gator said:

I’ve been playing for 45 years now, I’ve used everything and probably wouldn’t use anything other than a Linksmaster/Linkslegend or Vessel for my main bags.

Do you primarily walk, push, or ride? I'm concerned about the weight, but I love the looks of the bags. They're in a completely different bracket compared to your traditional "performance material" golf bags.

Linksmaster/Legend - have one of each. Love them. If I could change anything I’d make it 1” wider. I use standard grips but get more tangles than I’d prefer. Bags are basically perfect to me otherwise. Edge given to the legend for the 4 way top, slightly better center flap pocket, and much more comfortable straps. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AdExec said:

Linksmaster/Legend - have one of each. Love them. If I could change anything I’d make it 1” wider. I use standard grips but get more tangles than I’d prefer. Bags are basically perfect to me otherwise. Edge given to the legend for the 4 way top, slightly better center flap pocket, and much more comfortable straps. 

Is it heavy to walk or push with?

I've had a Linksmaster for a year.  It's a high quality bag that still looks like new and has all the room I need.  The water bottle pocket is lousy and it's a little heavy for its size.  Those are my only 2 gripes.  Otherwise, it's a great bag.  I'll probably go back to a Ping Hoofer Lite when I wear the Titleist out though.

They are made of "nicer" materials and look more expensively made than normal mass-market bags. Only you can say if the premium look and feel is worth paying twice as much and dealing with a slightly heavier weight and (depending on taste) possibly less user-friendly features than you can find in basic bags. 

Some people are find having the same old golf bag as a million other people. Others prefer owning a fancier model, something a little special. You probably are in the latter category if you're asking this question in the first place!

• Like 4

I initially got a Vessel Player 4 bag, but it was a little too flashy, wasn’t loving the metal accents, also way too bulky, so I returned it.

Exchanged it for the VLX 2.0, and it’s soo much better! Very minimal yet has all the right pockets and more than enough space, and it’s great for walking or riding.

The only thing I wish it had was a hip pad on the side for walking, but the material seems strong enough to not be an issue

053E602F-F723-4FBB-8278-68BFE30E8091.jpeg

F136A705-F63A-405B-A867-968455A85446.jpeg

39958680-BBF8-439F-B950-6E70B60CABE6.jpeg

Edited by SFloridaGolf954
  • Like 4

I walk 99% of the time and have recently ordered the Player 4, VLX 2.0 and VLS Lux now they are available in the UK.

I’m returning the Player 4 (too heavy / bulky to carry regularly) and the VLX 2.0 (lacks a full length pocket and hip pad) and keeping my perforated grey VLS Lux.

I love well made / thought out bags and the VLS is incredible. Quality excellent and details like magnetic pocket for my rangefinder fantastic. Fits 14 clubs, beautiful to carry. No regrets whatsoever.

I will only use it in summer however. It’s too small for lots of cold / wet weather gear and I play through 12 months. I’d also be concerned how it would hold up against our elements.

I have a Motocaddy Hydroflex hybrid stand bag that’s bigger, fully waterproof and great whether I carry or use it with my Cube trolley. My winter set up.

I believe this combination to be pretty perfect for me (my wife would also leave me if I buy any more bags).

In short, if you can afford Vessel, play mostly in good weather and select the right bag for your needs, I’m confident you won’t have any regrets!

• Like 2

I waited three months to get my black linkslegend bag - and it was very worth it for me. The bag just looks very good and like a bag should look, in my view.  It’s a bit heavier than some comparable models, but if you watch how you load it up, it’s an easy carry. As mentioned, the strap systems (double and single version) are really very good. On day one I was caught in 45 minutes of crazy rain, and the bag more or less laughed at it - the only noticeable aspect was the magnetic pocket above the ball pocket. It’s not a waterproof seal by any definition so some water worked its way in there. Dried quickly but that’s maybe the biggest miss for me. The water bottle / cooler slot is not overly big and my bottle has fallen out a couple of times, but I think that was more to user error and me being lazy. The bag gets constant comments of wow, cool, elegant, and it makes me look like a much better golfer than I am 🤭 I’m a huge fan.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I decided to go with the Vessel VLS bag. The pleather bags both Titleist and Vessel are beautiful, but they felt a little too much for me and I wasn't sure about the weight. I almost went with a navy Titleist Players 4 or Players 5, but the store had a navy VLS and I really liked it. It feels like an upgraded/higher quality version of the Players 4/5 bags, subtle branding, and just really well made all around. I'm not one to carry a lot of stuff when I play (~4-6 balls, small bag of tees, few ball marks, glove, rangefinder), and the VLS was slightly on the smaller side of bags and I really like that about it. The Players 4/5 also have massive "Titleist" logos on both sides, so the minimal branding of the Vessel bag is a big win.

I also got the Vessel VLS for $278 out the door, so not even that much more than the Titleist bags. Can't complain at all there!

Thanks again all!

Edited by tgoodspe1991
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. I decided to go with the Vessel VLS bag. The pleather bags both Titleist and Vessel are beautiful, but they felt a little too much for me and I wasn't sure about the weight. I almost went with a navy Titleist Players 4 or Players 5, but the store had a navy VLS and I really liked it. It feels like an upgraded/higher quality version of the Players 4/5 bags, subtle branding, and just really well made all around. I'm not one to carry a lot of stuff when I play (~4-6 balls, small bag of tees, few ball marks, glove, rangefinder), and the VLS was slightly on the smaller side of bags and I really like that about it. The Players 4/5 also have massive "Titleist" logos on both sides, so the minimal branding of the Vessel bag is a big win.

I also got the Vessel VLS for $278 out the door, so not even that much more than the Titleist bags. Can't complain at all there!

Thanks again all!

You will be very happy with that bag. It’s a very good choice…. 

just be aware that vessel seems to be revamping their stand mechanism to cut out the tangle issue … like they did on the players 4…. If this is successful, I have my eye on a redesigned VLS this coming fall spring…. If that’s when they actually pull off the redesign. 

with that said, I currently love my VLS … just a great all around bag. I carry every round too. But is works well when riding in the rate occasion … and is very weather durable. 

enjoy it. 

Edited by T_Golf_23
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 11:01 PM, tgoodspe1991 said:

I think it's just the more premium materials and buckles on the Titleist bag. The Linksmaster felt a little bit higher quality than the Vessel, but I'm concerned about weight with both of them walking. 

Do you primarily walk, push, or ride? I'm concerned about the weight, but I love the looks of the bags. They're in a completely different bracket compared to your traditional "performance material" golf bags.

You’re not going to like my answer but here goes:  Linksmaster bag with Vessell straps!  Seriously, I walk with a Alphard V2 cart so that really doesnt count for carrying.  My suggestion is to look at the Vessel VLS, the top size is the same as the Player III according to Vessel’s site, but its a touch lighter but the same straps.  

I was hopeful that the Linkslegend would be a better refresh than it is, the 4 way top is too small for me, I use the jumbo NDMC grips and the 3 way top is pushing it for room.  I’ve walked and carried the Player III multiple times and its a tad heavy but the straps make it less of a chore.

Hope this helps.

22 hours ago, T_Golf_23 said:

just be aware that vessel seems to be revamping their stand mechanism to cut out the tangle issue … like they did on the players 4…. If this is successful, I have my eye on a redesigned VLS this coming fall spring…. If that’s when they actually pull off the redesign. 

with that said, I currently love my VLS … just a great all around bag. I carry every round too. But is works well when riding in the rate occasion … and is very weather durable. 

enjoy it. 

Also eagerly waiting . . . 

I have the TM Vessel Lite Lux bag and the Jones Trouper R, and really like them both.  I'll use the Vessel more during the summer because I don't carry much and it fits fine on my push cart.  

If I'm carrying, I'll use the Jones bag because of the cooler pocket.  I can put 2 Gatorade squeeze bottles and they don't add much weight when carrying.  The side pocket is also a bit bigger when I'm carrying more layers during the fall and winter.

The Vessel water bottle holder isn't good at all, so I rarely carry with it, but it's not an uncomfortable bag to carry.  Since I use it in the summer to walk on my push cart, I don't need that water bottle holder because I'll have a few large double insulated water bottles that my cart can carry.  I also got some strap sleeve covers from Amazon to protect the bag from rubbing when riding on a cart or on my push cart.  

Quality wise, I think the Vessel that I have is worth the money.  It's good quality and holds up well, and it just looks different on the course.  I also like the smaller size of the bag, so it's not cumbersome to move in and out of the car.  

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

On 5/7/2023 at 12:52 AM, T_Golf_23 said:

enjoy it. 

Does the current Vessel VLS struggle with club tangle compared to the newer Players 4 and Players 5?

Depends what your priorities are.  I have a new model linkslegend.

Is it the best carry bag with the best features? No..not by a long shot.

However - the best carry bags by feature and comfort are, IMO, hideous, so the physical appearance of the LL for me outweighs its shortcomings.

I'm using the LL coming from a sunmountain 2.5 which is by far a better bag aside from being ugly.

42 minutes ago, tgoodspe1991 said:

Does the current Vessel VLS struggle with club tangle compared to the newer Players 4 and Players 5?

I have not compared them. I have always had Hoofer …. Going back to the hoofer 2. Still have it and it’s in awesome condition. Currently have a new hoofer and craze lite along with my VLS.

The club tangle is far less than the hoofers….but it never really bothers me on any of them…. It’s so second nature to stand the bag up…. 

the quality of the carry with each of these bags far outweighs the tangle issue…. But if vessel has truly fixed this, my next bag will be a vessel VLS DXR with the new stand mechanism. 

RE: club tangle.

I’ve had Sun Mountain, Ping Hoofer, Titleist, Motocaddy, Callaway, Ogio stand bags (yes I have a bag problem) and to a certain extent - ALL 4, 5, 6-way carry stand bags will cause some degree of club tangle. 

I’ve got used to it, I stand the bag upright or pull the 3/4 clubs in the divider out to get the one back in or vice versa. 

I average less than 3 hours per round walking 18 so it doesn’t add noticeable time to the round or any frustration.

Does the VLS Lux suffer occasionally from tangle? Yes. Do my 14 clubs, 10 with midsize grips and an oversized putter make things a little worse? Probably.

But not so much as to annoy me or spoil my round - and it’s still the best carry bag I’ve ever owned.

21 minutes ago, JamesUK said:

RE: club tangle.

I’ve had Sun Mountain, Ping Hoofer, Titleist, Motocaddy, Callaway, Ogio stand bags (yes I have a bag problem) and to a certain extent - ALL 4, 5, 6-way carry stand bags will cause some degree of club tangle. 

I’ve got used to it, I stand the bag upright or pull the 3/4 clubs in the divider out to get the one back in or vice versa. 

I average less than 3 hours per round walking 18 so it doesn’t add noticeable time to the round or any frustration.

Does the VLS Lux suffer occasionally from tangle? Yes. Do my 14 clubs, 10 with midsize grips and an oversized putter make things a little worse? Probably.

But not so much as to annoy me or spoil my round - and it’s still the best carry bag I’ve ever owned.

Exactly 

Nice decision. I have the VLX (black) and put about 60 rounds on it in ‘22. It’s amazing — somewhat minimal (a feature to me), wipes clean and stay fresh looking, and is stupid-light. Have really loved it. My only beef with it is the occasional thread that I need to snip to prevent any runs, in the club area. I love the valuables pocket, the rangefinder pocket, the quality of material, and the extremely clean water bottle pocket that magnets away shut (for clean aesthetic) when there’s nothing in it. Enjoy dude.

BBAD3217-80E3-46E4-9B67-4BE689224814.jpeg

• Like 2

TSR3 8 15 18, Ventus TR Black 6x 7x 8x

20 P7MC 4-p, Axiom 125x

SM10 raw 50 54 60, TI S400 onyx

AOP Oil Can Newport 33 350

Vessels look absolutely gorgeous... But I'd be terrified to use one.  Cart strap rubbing on that nice material, going in and out of my trunk, sometime my bag has to go in the back of a friend's truck.

As much as I'd love to justify the cost, in the end I know I would cringe at every little wear spot, scratch, scuff, or whatever.  Maybe I'd get over it as time went on and it got worn in, but I would never want it to get worn in, is the problem.

Edited by KGrinols
  • Like 1