Milled TaylorMade Putters

johnnylongballz72

12 hours ago, johnnylongballz72 said:

I was able to see the whole new lineup in person. They look, sound, and feel really good. 

Stainless steel, fully milled, small grooves in the face. 

I'm very excited to see if one of these can knock my Betti out of the bag!

These better be freakin beautiful, otherwise I don’t really see the point of TM entering the milled putter market. Already established themselves as a great insert/multi-material putter OEM (depending on the year that is, since they release a new lineup every 6 months it feels like)

But i’ll take as many options as I can get, so I’m not complaining. Maybe an effort from TM to try and persuade staffers like Scheffler to lose the SC 😂

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

I watched a Micah Morris video this morning on YouTube, and he was putting with a Taylormade putter that was black and looked like it had a silver insert. It’s no longer up, so I’m thinking maybe it was the new model but TM made him take it down until the release. 

• Like 1

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

27 minutes ago, LoopySwing13 said:

Hopefully we get some pics soon. Have to imagine TM will be pushing to get it some PR by the Us open.

Am I the only one that’s a bit skeptical that this is a legitimate release? lol

I’ve seen enough people say that it’s been confirmed by TM reps, so I do believe it, but i’m still skeptical. You’d think they would have released it by now; anyone in the market for a new putter this season probably made a purchase already

They already released the new Blue TP’s, the black Truss’, updated Spider GT/GTR’s etc. A whole new lineup coming after all of these new releases would be…surprising

Edited by mjo23
  • Like 1

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

1 hour ago, mjo23 said:

Am I the only one that’s a bit skeptical that this is a legitimate release? lol

I’ve seen enough people say that it’s been confirmed by TM reps, so I do believe it, but i’m still skeptical. You’d think they would have released it by now; anyone in the market for a new putter this season probably made a purchase already

They already released the new Blue TP’s, the black Truss’, updated Spider GT/GTR’s etc. A whole new lineup coming after all of these new releases would be…surprising

It is coming, it is as good looking and feeling 🧈as the reports are saying, and I’m hearing late August, not June (but I’m hoping I heard wrong about the date, because I will be first in line for the flow neck blade).

I can’t believe no staffer is playing one yet. You’d think you’d see them testing them Mondays and Tuesdays at the tournaments. Plus I don’t understand why TM would want to keep theses under wraps? I think they would want all the spy photos out in the wild to build up a big buzz. 

• Like 3
Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

2 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

It is coming, it is as good looking and feeling 🧈as the reports are saying, and I’m hearing late August, not June (but I’m hoping I heard wrong about the date, because I will be first in line for the flow neck blade).

So what access does one need to see these putters? A decent amount of people seem to have it, but an image is yet to exist

What i gotta give to see one of these things? 😂

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

3 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

That timeframe wouldn’t surprise me. August/September would be in line for an update to the MG wedges too.

8 hours ago, hammergolf said:

I watched a Micah Morris video this morning on YouTube, and he was putting with a Taylormade putter that was black and looked like it had a silver insert. It’s no longer up, so I’m thinking maybe it was the new model but TM made him take it down until the release. 

Yeah i noticed that. Can't find one exactly like the plumbers neck he was using - though there's a bunch similar to what he's using in various models. Not cheap though - going for upwards of $~2900 AUD... That slantneck Spider GT with blacked out alignment looks particularly good to my eye...

See below:

i-img1200x900-1669632133zy80yl13696.jpg

i-img1200x900-1653729766icj4h1585343.jpg

i-img1200x900-1653729784mdhmeb251215.jpg

i-img1200x900-1669115383kmyz4z61556.jpg

i-img1200x1198-1678966858eq0ehe203016.jpg

i-img640x480-1682601440mk8eju130579.jpg

i-img640x480-1685625927ajmurr37.jpg

• Like 4

Driver - Ping G430 LST 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60X

3 Wood - TaylorMade Stealth 15* Ventus Blue 80X

Hybrid - Nike VR_S Covert Tour 19* Kuro Kage Silver 80X

Irons 3 to PW - Kyeoi KK CB KBS $-Taper 125X / Black Gloss

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 48/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Raw Finish 52/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 56/12 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl 60/12 DG Wedge

Putter - Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Long Neck Custom Copper Finish              

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

3 hours ago, mitchie180 said:

Yeah i noticed that. Can't find one exactly like the plumbers neck he was using - though there's a bunch similar to what he's using in various models. Not cheap though - going for upwards of $~2900 AUD... That slantneck Spider GT with blacked out alignment looks particularly good to my eye...

See below:

i-img1200x900-1669632133zy80yl13696.jpg

thanks @mitchie180. Have seen a similar Bandon1 with GSS insert (or #7 fang design) on yahoo JP auction pages (starting bid at JPY210,000? posted Aug/Sept 2022?) .  https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u1062589930 

..https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller/xcvfz47258 

...https://www.ebay.com/itm/404267735299 

Given these photos all appear with similar/identical backgrounds (another example per recent forum post = Linked below)  ... buyer beware?

taylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168695nwtnc7201512_2.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168753q6mlnj188787_2.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168748gghqe3192847.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168743dtj4fa201579.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168734m8yb8e185666.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168720mnoual185452.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168712gpmymo192239.jpgtaylormade-GSS_Bandon1_i-img1200x900-1662168700h6uxea187309.jpg

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, hammergolf said:

That’s not the new TP Reserve line. Not black and no insert. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

The thing that bugs me is the fact the TM reps already have them in hands. 

A rep explained to me that now they usually get the new clubs only a couple of weeks before the public release.

Showing something 4 months before the release is a long time.

2 hours ago, Golfer_1993 said:

The thing that bugs me is the fact the TM reps already have them in hands. 

A rep explained to me that now they usually get the new clubs only a couple of weeks before the public release.

Showing something 4 months before the release is a long time.

Agreed. I’m guessing:

(a) TM is expecting one of their Tour Pros to game a TP Reserve soon and they want their reps to be able to answer questions/show the products to retailers; or

(b) they think they have something special and want extra time to build demand without having an additional product release date that dilutes their Fall releases (i.e., release ‘23 P-790, MG4, and TP Reserve all at the same time)

But I’m hoping TP Reserve is a June release. Because I’m selfish. And I want one. Now. (It really did have a phenomenal feel.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

Agreed. I’m guessing:

(a) TM is expecting one of their Tour Pros to game a TP Reserve soon and they want their reps to be able to answer questions/show the products to retailers; or

(b) they think they have something special and want extra time to build demand without having an additional product release date that dilutes their Fall releases (i.e., release ‘23 P-790, MG4, and TP Reserve all at the same time)

But I’m hoping TP Reserve is a June release. Because I’m selfish. And I want one. Now. (It really did have a phenomenal feel.)

Yeah I’m guessing the release is a few months further away than we expect, or else we’d be seeing pictures. I don’t fully understand why reps are taking them around to pro shops, and apparently guarding them from cameras. What’s their goal with that? Are they just trying to collect feedback on their product before they launch?

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

I asked my local rep yesterday about these and he seemed very surprised I knew about them.  He did echo a lot of the previous comments. It looks and feel premium.  He said he thought he was told early July by their TaylorMade rep.  So it feels like the release date is all over the place.

Edited by JeRD

TaylorMade SIM2 9.5°
TaylorMade SIM Ti 15°

TaylorMade SIM Max 18°
TaylorMade P760 4-9
TaylorMade Milled Grind 48° & 52°

TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 56° & 60°

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34"

Titleist Pro V1

7 hours ago, mjo23 said:

I don’t fully understand why reps are taking them around to pro shops, and apparently guarding them from cameras. What’s their goal with that?

They are trying to get the shops/stores to order them to sell. It’s a lot easier to do that with a physical sample vs. a photo. 

As for prohibiting photos, it’s because they have invested significant dollars in an advertising campaign and unveiling.  

Edited by EricWGolf
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, EricWGolf said:

They are trying to get the shops/stores to order them to sell. It’s a lot easier to do that with a physical sample vs. a photo. 

As for prohibiting photos, it’s because they have invested significant dollars in an advertising campaign and unveiling.  

Gotcha. I get the prohibiting photos, but I guess I didn’t expect such a traditional sales process like that from a massive brand like TM

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

Gotta say - TP Reserve '23 sounds more like one of Napa Valley's finest than a new putter release. 

Perhaps a complimentary bottle of cab sav with purchase wouldn't go astray...

Driver - Ping G430 LST 9* HZRDUS Smoke Black 60X

3 Wood - TaylorMade Stealth 15* Ventus Blue 80X

Hybrid - Nike VR_S Covert Tour 19* Kuro Kage Silver 80X

Irons 3 to PW - Kyeoi KK CB KBS $-Taper 125X / Black Gloss

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 48/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Raw Finish 52/10 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore Black Satin 56/12 DG Spinner

Wedge - Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl 60/12 DG Wedge

Putter - Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport Long Neck Custom Copper Finish              

Ball - Bridgestone Tour B X

On 5/24/2023 at 10:43 PM, tarrantian said:

Will be interesting to see if this comes to fruition as TM has always been 'all in' on inserts...

That said, I love their inserts, but will be curious how they position these in their overall lineup. I hope they go 'all in' on various accessories including easily orderable weights, shaft options, lengths and customized lofts/lies, etc. 

The latter point has always been a curiousity as to why have weight ports if it's almost impossible (in Canada) to get heavier weights to fully customize your flat stick.

We shall see what transpires!

TaylorMade has been all in on the benefits provided by their use of inserts (e.g., improved roll), not necessarily the use of inserts themselves. If they've been able to replicate that performance via milled grooves, it makes perfect sense that they'd go with that in a premium putter line. They know the folks in the target market wouldn't pay for a fully milled putter with an insert.

Edited by jll62
  • Like 3

TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.75"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (2024)

My WITB Post

2 hours ago, jll62 said:

TaylorMade has been all in on the benefits provided by their use of inserts (e.g., improved roll), not necessarily the use of inserts themselves. If they've been able to replicate that performance via milled grooves, it makes perfect sense that they'd go with that in a premium putter line. They know the folks in the target market wouldn't pay for a fully milled putter with an insert.

There are many premium putter lines w/inserts... Just say'in. 

That said, to some of the other posts, I'm too just a touch skeptical about all of this. I'm surprised that no one of those that have seen the actual examples, has even surreptitiously attempted to sneak a photo here...

TM knows where their 'bread is buttered' and it generally starts w/their drivers. How come we get leaked photos of their most strategically important products literally months before, whereas a significant/important addition to their putter offerings can't be seen anywhere, supposedly weeks before launch? (arguably putters may be one of their least strategically important offerings, especially based on the bashing they take here on an important forum such as this). 

I'm not doubting those on this forum that have seen some prototypes, but will TM go 'all in' on these and actually release them?? Especially considering the continous decline in blade formats vs. mallets??? - I for one hope they do as I'm a TM fan (I know you're surprised), and a fan of their current MyTP custom blades so my fingers are crossed.

Cheers,

- Ian

Edited by tarrantian
  • Like 2
:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

56 minutes ago, tarrantian said:

There are many premium putter lines w/inserts... Just say'in. 

That said, to some of the other posts, I'm too just a touch skeptical about all of this. I'm surprised that no one of those that have seen the actual examples, has even surreptitiously attempted to sneak a photo here...

TM knows where their 'bread is buttered' and it generally starts w/their drivers. How come we get leaked photos of their most strategically important products literally months before, whereas a significant/important addition to their putter offerings can't be seen anywhere, supposedly weeks before launch? (arguably putters may be one of their least strategically important offerings, especially based on the bashing they take here on an important forum such as this). 

I'm not doubting those on this forum that have seen some prototypes, but will TM go 'all in' on these and actually release them?? Especially considering the continous decline in blade formats vs. mallets??? - I for one hope they do as I'm a TM fan (I know you're surprised), and a fan of their current MyTP custom blades so my fingers are crossed.

Cheers,

- Ian

Why the skepticism? There is plenty of smoke in these reports to assume there is a fire here.

TM doesn't intentionally leak photos of unreleased product. They want to control the launch narrative as much as they can. From their perspective, bad photos just cause people to freak out about things that are non-issues. How many times have we seen it on these forums, on Instagram, etc.

Unfortunately for TM, big ticket items like drivers and fairways need to be shown to reps and retailers well ahead of launch. TM knows it's inevitable that leaks will occur. With a line of premium putters, it's far easier for them to try and keep things more hush hush. Just the word of mouth alone is enough to get people excited.

I've been under signed NDA with TM before for a driver launch and have a little knowledge into how things go.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2+ 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.75"

TaylorMade 300 Mini Blackout 13.5, Ventus Black 7X, 43"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5, 42.5"

TaylorMade P770 3 (2023), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG Raw 52, DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T, DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (2024)

My WITB Post

8 hours ago, tarrantian said:

I'm too just a touch skeptical about all of this.

Skeptical in what way? That they are real? That they are that good?

(Yes, and yes)

I'm surprised that no one of those that have seen the actual examples, has even surreptitiously attempted to sneak a photo here...

The people who have seen them so far, either: (a) have relationships with TM or the industry as a whole, and value those relationships more that a few “likes”; and/or (b) were being watched as they viewed the product with no opportunity to take photos.

TM knows where their 'bread is buttered' and it generally starts w/their drivers. How come we get leaked photos of their most strategically important products literally months before, whereas a significant/important addition to their putter offerings can't be seen anywhere, supposedly weeks before launch?

You just answered your own question: except for the Spider, putters aren’t what the general public knows from TaylorMade. Drivers are. These putters are a small, mid-season release; not the flagship of a new season product campaign. 

Moreover, the reps just received their samples. Leaks will show up at some point, just like the drivers. 

I'm not doubting those on this forum that have seen some prototypes, but will TM go 'all in' on these and actually release them??

They aren’t prototypes. The are production samples. These are happening.

Especially considering the continous decline in blade formats vs. mallets???

The TP Reserve line includes several mallets and mid-mallets. 

10 hours ago, jll62 said:

TaylorMade has been all in on the benefits provided by their use of inserts (e.g., improved roll), not necessarily the use of inserts themselves. If they've been able to replicate that performance via milled grooves, it makes perfect sense that they'd go with that in a premium putter line.

They have. 👍🏼

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricWGolf said:

Skeptical in what way? That they are real? That they are that good?

(Yes, and yes)

The people who have seen them so far, either: (a) have relationships with TM or the industry as a whole, and value those relationships more that a few “likes”; and/or (b) were being watched as they viewed the product with no opportunity to take photos.

You just answered your own question: except for the Spider, putters aren’t what the general public knows from TaylorMade. Drivers are. These putters are a small, mid-season release; not the flagship of a new season product campaign. 

Moreover, the reps just received their samples. Leaks will show up at some point, just like the drivers. 

They aren’t prototypes. The are production samples. These are happening.

The TP Reserve line includes several mallets and mid-mallets. 

I really take offence to the logic in you remarks @EricWGolf 🙂...

Seriously, as much as my wife feels the exact opposite, I really hope this happens!!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)