Purchase Not Shipped?

lynxster

So maybe premature, but I always communicate on my sales. I purchased a putter on BST mid week. Tracking number was provided and I was notified of delivery Friday. Then tracking all of a sudden says no information available? Today out of concern I reached out to seller with my concern anl he said "he didn't know". Then later in the day he claimed he had to work and would ship today...as of 10:25 EST no tracking updates! 

At what point should I file a claim with PP?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lynxster said:

So maybe premature, but I always communicate on my sales. I purchased a putter on BST mid week. Tracking number was provided and I was notified of delivery Friday. Then tracking all of a sudden says no information available? Today out of concern I reached out to seller with my concern anl he said "he didn't know". Then later in the day he claimed he had to work and would ship today...as of 10:25 EST no tracking updates! 

At what point should I file a claim with PP?

I’d say very premature. Sounds like they’re communicating ,just not in the way you’d like , but not radio silent. 
Mid week = WED/THURS, I’d chill. Not everyone ships next day. Possibly two business days and it’s not shipped , I certainly wouldn’t have opened a DND about it. 

• Like 3

Way premature....Shipping something nowadays is a crap shoot with any of the services. You said a tracking number was provided. If it is with a shipper and you are getting poor tracking I am not sure what the seller can do or say to you at this point. You only bought it mid week. I always wait a full 7 days before I contact any seller with a tracking number issue or I don't see the package moving. 

I wouldn't consider filing a claim until first giving the seller a chance to rectify the situation. You have done that. Then if it goes past two weeks and I am not happy with the seller's willingness to help I will file a claim.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BYK said:

Guess I’m kinda confused 

seller didn’t know whether he shipped it out yet?  And then said he’d ship today? 

I am assuming here.

I took it as seller shipped, gave shipping number and the tracking said delivery Friday. Then something happened with the tracking and delivery. Buyer contacts seller and seller replies he didn't know referring to the issue with the tracking. Then the seller says I'll ship it today either to buy some time for the issue to take care of itself , maybe he has something else sold that he hasn't shipped yet and got the buyers mixed up or he hasn't actually shipped the club yet. 

Hopefully the buyer will update us and we get the real story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BYK said:

Guess I’m kinda confused 

seller didn’t know whether he shipped it out yet?  And then said he’d ship today? 

Also find this very confusing...

Tracking showed a delivery date, then the tracking info "disappeared", then they seller said they would ship it out that day??

How could there have been tracking info and a delivery date if it hadn't been shipped?

1 hour ago, Abh159 said:

Also find this very confusing...

Tracking showed a delivery date, then the tracking info "disappeared", then they seller said they would ship it out that day??

How could there have been tracking info and a delivery date if it hadn't been shipped?

When this happened to me.

I had a similar situation. Tracking number, out for delivery, then bang no information available, no package. I expected it the next day and nothing. I talked to my mail person the next day and they said they had a sub that day. She said they probably didn't deliver it and it was most likely at the PO. The next day I received my package. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BYK said:

Guess I’m kinda confused 

I don't believe until it's been scanned in at the shipping company , does it give an estimated delivery date. You can "estimate" yourself based on where you bought it and if you been down that road before , but a lot guesses in OP opening statement to not comeback with anything since. Maybe he/she received it or tracking has movement and they realized they jumped the gun. 

10 minutes ago, Greenie said:

I had a similar situation. Tracking number, out for delivery, then bang no information available, no package. I expected it the next day and nothing. I talked to my mail person the next day and they said they had a sub that day. She said they probably didn't deliver it and it was most likely at the PO. The next day I received my package. 

USPS is terrible about this here too. I've seen the lady drive right past my house with my purchase out for delivery at 7am, but due to it slightly misting rain ,  it doesn't get delivered because they didn't want to get out and walk 25 yards to my front door. I just wait until the next day and it usually shows up at my house or my neighbors 🙄 Apparently , a 2 and a 7 bare very close resemblance for her. At least the zip code is accurate. 

16 minutes ago, Greenie said:

That makes sense. It's happened to all of us at one point probably.

However, that isn't the situation according to what the OP stated. He (or she) said tracking was there, then disappeared, and the seller claimed they had not even shipped yet.

How can there be tracking if the package didn't ship?

18 hours ago, Abh159 said:

That makes sense. It's happened to all of us at one point probably.

However, that isn't the situation according to what the OP stated. He (or she) said tracking was there, then disappeared, and the seller claimed they had not even shipped yet.

How can there be tracking if the package didn't ship?

Printing your own label provides tracking "info" right then ,  but no movement would be shown. 

Edited by golffeen007
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lynxster said:

So update putter received yesterday. I am convinced he didn't ship until Tuesday. I guess when the label was created it triggered a "false" delivery date?

If you go to USPS tracking it will tell you.  It'll show a delivery date, but, at the same time show something like "label created, awaiting package."

23 minutes ago, lynxster said:

The thing that bugged me the most is why didn't he just say I haven't dropped it off yet instead of feigning ignorance?!

Yeah, not cool :(

16 hours ago, lynxster said:

So update putter received yesterday. I am convinced he didn't ship until Tuesday. I guess when the label was created it triggered a "false" delivery date? The thing that bugged me the most is why didn't he just say I haven't dropped it off yet instead of feigning ignorance?!

Some people play what I call "acting stupid" when they know they are in the wrong and they can't man up. One of the guys I play golf with is famous for doing that. 

I'm glad you received your club. Thanks for the update. I hope you leave proper feedback.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greenie said:

Some people play what I call "acting stupid" when they know they are in the wrong and they can't man up. One of the guys I play golf with is famous for doing that. 

I'm glad you received your club. Thanks for the update. I hope you leave proper feedback.

What am I missing here?? OP had the putter in hand within 1 week of payment, what feedback would that deserve? Everything from OP here is an assumption. If you want next day or same day , stick to your brick and mortar. 
Ever thought , the seller may have had something going on in his life that was more important? 
You got the putter in a week or less of payment , this thread shouldn’t exist. 

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

What am I missing here?? OP had the putter in hand within 1 week of payment, what feedback would that deserve? Everything from OP here is an assumption. If you want next day or same day , stick to your brick and mortar. 
Ever thought , the seller may have had something going on in his life that was more important? 
You got the putter in a week or less of payment , this thread shouldn’t exist. 

I believe the OP stated The thing that bugged me the most is why didn't he just say I haven't dropped it off yet instead of feigning ignorance?!

As a seller I try and do three things. Ship same day or next day. Accurately describe the condition. And give great communication! I believe the sale isn't complete until the buyer receives the item and they are happy. Staying in communication along the way is part of the sale to me if the buyer needs that. There may be something more important going in my life but it only takes a min to respond to something I sold. 

I agree receiving it in a week is great. OP doesn't mention condition. OP was concerned about the tracking and reached out to the seller. OP became concerned about the sellers reply and came on here for advice.

The replies were "way to premature"

We see quite a few similar posts like this on here and it comes down to communication is key. I know not every buyer I deal with is a seasoned online buyer. I communicate with every buyer. I am also a straight shooter. 

Feedback: I am not the buyer in this case. It seems the buyer had a problem with their communication. That is part of the sale IMO.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Greenie said:

I believe the OP stated The thing that bugged me the most is why didn't he just say I haven't dropped it off yet instead of feigning ignorance?!

As a seller I try and do three things. Ship same day or next day. Accurately describe the condition. And give great communication! I believe the sale isn't complete until the buyer receives the item and they are happy. Staying in communication along the way is part of the sale to me if the buyer needs that. There may be something more important going in my life but it only takes a min to respond to something I sold. 

I agree receiving it in a week is great. OP doesn't mention condition. OP was concerned about the tracking and reached out to the seller. OP became concerned about the sellers reply and came on here for advice.

The replies were "way to premature"

We see quite a few similar posts like this on here and it comes down to communication is key. I know not every buyer I deal with is a seasoned online buyer. I communicate with every buyer. I am also a straight shooter. 

Feedback: I am not the buyer in this case. It seems the buyer had a problem with their communication. That is part of the sale IMO.

I understand how you would deal with shipping and selling , as I’m the same way , here and eBay.  BUT the fact of the matter is ,  the seller was responding to the buyer the entire time , maybe not in the direction he should have if he hadn’t dropped it off yet, but OP is “making an assumption the buyer was lying” the entire time.  OP got the item less than 7 days after the purchase date. I agree communication is key in every situation in life , not just here, so I’m with you there. 
OP has the same feedback of them delaying shipments with no communication is all I’m saying, things happen sometimes and to open a thread after a couple of days is jumping the gun. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, golffeen007 said:

I understand how you would deal with shipping and selling , as I’m the same way , here and eBay.  BUT the fact of the matter is ,  the seller was responding to the buyer the entire time , maybe not in the direction he should have if he hadn’t dropped it off yet, but OP is “making an assumption the buyer was lying” the entire time.  OP got the item less than 7 days after the purchase date. I agree communication is key in every situation in life , not just here, so I’m with you there. 
OP has the same feedback of them delaying shipments with no communication is all I’m saying, things happen sometimes and to open a thread after a couple of days is jumping the gun. 

You know you are right and I apologize. I never took notice of the OP having a fair amount of feedback rating. Going by the post I was thinking a brand new first time buyer jumping the gun. The OP being a seasoned seller/buyer their post is a bit much.

Edited by Greenie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Greenie said:

You know you are right and I apologize. I never took notice of the OP having a fair amount of feedback rating. Going by the post I was thinking a brand new first time buyer jumping the gun. The OP being a seasoned seller/buyer their post is a bit much.

No worries for apologies man. I wasn’t wanting to be confrontational and hated to come off that way, just trying to grasp the concept of what appropriate feedback was meaning with the OP getting what they paid for within a week from purchase, although the seller could have taken a little more responsibility in communication for the sale. Glad it was a happy ending for everyone

• Like 1

I just want to weigh in to things on my post!!! One I was NEVER complaining about delivery time!! A week is absolutely acceptable. What I was concerned about was the "false positive" shipping info. I actually got a delivery date message, which then changed to no information for this tracking number.

Secondly, I am the OP and for those of you checking feedback and commenting negatively that is erroneous info!! I have 10 years of 100% positive feedback here and a 100% on the bay (not Back Bay, for those in NoCa).

Edited by lynxster
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, lynxster said:

I just want to weigh in to things on my post!!! One I was NEVER complaining about delivery time!! A week is absolutely acceptable. What I was concerned about was the "false positive" shipping info. I actually got a delivery date message, which then changed to no information for this tracking number.

Secondly, I am the OP and for those of you checking feedback and commenting negatively that is erroneous info!! I have 10 years of 100% positive feedback here and a 100% on the bay (not Back Bay, for those in NoCa).

Since you went there 🙄

Maybe you can’t see your own feedback… but I see this.. from what my comment was specifically on. 

IMG_5448.jpeg.447d23e7f3ff18dfd9e9a55ce4be7d9e.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1