2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

APPLY NOW: KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft Member Testing! 5 Testers Needed!

KBSMemberTesting_MEMBERTESTING_APPLY.png.5fa23e0007898589b169f7835e6f10dd.png

GolfWRX and KBS Golf Shafts are looking five of our members to test and review their new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft! The KBS Players Graphite Hybrid is based on the KBS Players Graphite Iron Platform & family, is a shaft that offers golfers of all abilities an easier launch shaft with better spin - from junior to elite level tangible performance benefits and features enabling playability beyond the universal standard for graphite hybrid shafts. Apply now for your chance to be a tester!

About the KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft 

KBS enlisted its Research & Development Team to create a lighter weight(s) Graphite Hybrid than the KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype, and adding in characteristics such as Lower CG, thus creating a swing weight that creates an easier to strike Hybrid shaft that compliments your game. Offered in Parallel Tip options - the new KBS PGH comes in weights ranging in 10-gram increments from 45 to 105 grams with coinciding differentiating flex patterns.

“The new graphite wrap technology incorporated in the KBS PGH shaft eliminates the variables for more consistency and shot control, while providing the same optimal tight tolerances and dispersion as the pioneering KBS Tour Steel shafts have done in the past in a lighter weight that makes it easier to swing,” said Director of R&D and master shaft-maker Kim Braly.

How To Apply

1. City, State?
2. Handicap?
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft?

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test?
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

KBSTECHNICAL.png.d762600b4fdc12fb1c3206f860c164de.png

1. City, State? Berwyn, PA
2. Handicap? 6.1
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? PXG 311 Gen2, Aldila Tour Green 85 G Stiff

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85 Gram Stiff

I have KBS Tour light iron shafts and would like to see how KBS transitions into the hybrids

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?

Yes

1. City, State? Elgin, IL
2. Handicap? 18
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 3H w/ Project X EvenFlow Riptide MX S-Flex

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85g S-Flex
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I use the TD shaft in my driver/woods and really enjoy the feel. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? Naples, FL
2. Handicap? 10.5
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? TEE 722 KBS TGI Tour Graphite Stiff

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85G Stiff
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft. I have been using the TGI shaft for a while now and love it. Upgrading to a newer, better shaft would be great. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes

1. City, State? - Lima, Ohio
2. Handicap? - 6.9
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? - Cobra King Tec Hybrid with MMT 80S 

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? -  I Would love to test the PGH 95 Stiff+ Shaft please! 
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft - KBS Makes some of the best shafts I have ever played (I currently have the wedge shafts and they are incredible), so I want to be able to try a hybrid shaft. My current shaft just seems to spin up too much and launch too high, so I want something with more weight! 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? - Yes, absolutely! 

1. City, State?

Sunnyvale CA

2. Handicap?

Callaway UT 21 driving iron, KBS Prototype 95x

Callaway UT 21 driving iron, KBS Prototype 95s (Yes I do have two of the same iron to try different shaft)

Callaway Rogue ST Pro Hybrid, Tensei White  85x HB

Want to try the 95 S+ on the UT 21 I have

I loved the feeling with the two KBS Prototypes I have. Yet for some reason (could very much be mental) that the 95x feels too stout, and 95s feels too soft. It develops to a point that I gave up that club and went back to my hybrid lately.

Seeing that now we finally have a 95 S+ option, I would love to check them out and see if it can help me to put the club back into my bag (I used to play KBS C-Taper S+ 125 and completely love the S+ concept from KBS)

Yes absolutely

Paradym 9 + Vanquish

Stealth 2+ 3w + Ventus Blue

Callaway UT 2024 Tour Issue 18 + KBS PGH

Mizuno 923 Tour 4-P + ProjectX LZ

Cleveland RTX 6 50 55 60

Toulon Design Vista + BGT Tour Stability

1. Providence Ri

2. 19.5

3. Titleist 915H 21°, Diamana S+ 70g R-flex

4. Would love to try the 75g R+ flex

5. I already play KBS Tour Lites, and would like to see if this new offering can measure up to a tried-and-true shaft like a Diamana. 
6. Absolutely. I’m a big numbers guys so would be looking at launch and spin and would gladly share my findings. 

1. City, State? Fresno, California 
2. Handicap? 3.5
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Titleist TSr2 21°, Tensei Blue 85 stiff

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85 stiff
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft Looking for tighter dispersion and some more stability at the tip. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely. 

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM10 54° D, 60° D, Mitsubishi MMT 80s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

1. City, State? Lancaster, PA
2. Handicap? 4
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Callaway Apex with Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95X, Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi with Ventus Blue HB 9X

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 105 X Flex
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I have KBS steel in my irons, wedges and putters, which I really like. I am now very interested in trying KBS graphite.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Definitely. I have access to a launch monitor and would be happy to provide feedback from use on the course.

Edited by cw1209

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Tensei AV White 65X / BRNR 13.5 - Black RDX 6.5 / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / ZX7 Modus 115 X 5-P, SM9 52.12 Modus 115X / SM9 56.10 - PX 6.0 / SM9 60.08 PX Wedge 6.0/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

1. City, State? Madison, AL
2. Handicap? 7.0
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Taylormade stealth plus 4 rescue. Ventus blue HB 9x

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test?  95g S+
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft. I love the idea of a hybrid and need one for gapping in my bag. But I haven’t been able to find a shaft I love yet. I’ve had success with KBS shafts in other clubs so I’d love to try one in a hybrid. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely! I have a bushnell launch pro and access to a trackman as well. I can compare the shaft directly with others with data. 

City, State? Scottsdale, AZ
2. Handicap? 12
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Ping g425, Tensei Orange and Paradym X Hazardous silver

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85 gm, stiff 
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft I play $ tapers in my irons and given the performance of the steel shafts, and possible optimal spin and launch, I’m intrigued 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Yes!!

1. City, State? Hayward, CA
2. Handicap? 18
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Tour Edge C721 w/ KBS PGH Tour 80s, Nickent with aldila nv

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85S
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I like the PGH tour shaft in my tour edge, would like to try this one in my other hybrid

On 8/15/2023 at 7:55 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

1. City, State? Ventura, California
2. Handicap? 3.7
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Fujikura Motore F3 7S

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85 Stiff
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft Interested to try updated shaft technology in a hybrid to see if there are any gains

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely!

WITB 2023
- Srixon Zx5 mkII 10.5*, Tensei AV Blue 55s
-TSi2 16.5* Accra FX 2.0
-TSi2 18* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-TSi2 21* hybrid, Fuji Motore F3
-ZX7 5-PW, Fuji Pro 85
-50/54/58 Cleveland Zipcore TR, Fuji Pro 95 TS
-Sik Pro-C
-2023 Z-Star Diamond

1. City, State? Rome, Georgia
2. Handicap? 7.5
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Titleist U-505 2 iron, Tensei 1k Black 85 stiff

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85 stiff
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft I'd like to see if I can add consistency of strike pattern paired with a more penetrating ball flight suited to shots from the tee

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely, id be glad to.

WITB:
*Taylormade Stealth+ 8.25, Fujikura Ventus Black S
*Taylormade Stealth 2 3&5
*Titleist T350 4 Iron, T200 5/6, T150 7-pw (bent 1 strong) Modus 120s
*Vokey SM8 Jet Black Limited 52/56/60
*Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2+
*Titleist ProV1x
*Nike hybrid cart bag.

Hoping this is open to the Canadians.

1. City, State? Ottawa, ON
2. Handicap? 4.8
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Mizuno CLK, Ventus Blue 8H

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85g S
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft: Total shaft hoe here. Love trying new things looking for the magic.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes.

• Like 1

Ping G430 LST 10.5* : Ventus Red TR 7S

Titleist TSR2 4W : Tensei 1K Black 85-S

Mizuno CLK 19*: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Srixon ZX Utility #4: Nippon Modus3 125-S

Wilson Staff CB 5-PW : Nippon Modus3 125-S

Cleveland Zipcore 50, 54, 58: Nippon Modus3 125-S 

Piretti Potenza 370g : Breakthrough Technology Stability Shaft - 34"

1. City, State? Santa Monica, CA
2. Handicap? 5.8
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Taylormade UDI DHy 3 iron w/ Ventus Black HB 9TX

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 95S+ or 105x
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft Yes, always looking for ways to improve off the tee. 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes, of course.

Titleist TSr3 10.0* (B1) | Ventus TR Black 6x

Titleist TSr2 16.5* (C1) | Ventus Black 8x

Titleist TSr2 21.0* (C1) | Ventus Black 9x

TaylorMade DHy 3i | Ventus Black HB 9tx 

Miura TC-201 4-PW | Project X LS 6.5

Vokey SM9 50* F, 54* F, 60* V | DG TI S400 Black Onyx

Scotty Cameron Future X7M Dual Balance or Phantom X 5.5 or Byron Morgan DH89

1. Richmond, VA
2. 4.7 Index
3. Mizuno Pro Fly-Hi 3 Iron - Project X U 6.0

4. 95 S+ or 105 X "Soft Stepped"/Untipped
5. Project X U Launches a litter too High and Spins a little too much into wind for me.

6. Absolutely!!!

Titleist TSi3 - 10 Degree - C1 - T1 - XC-6 S 44.75"

Titleist TSR3 - 15 Degree - C1 - T1 - Tensei 1K Black 75S 

Titleist TSR3 - 18 Degree - C1 - T1 - Tensei 1K Black 85S 

FliHi Pro 3 - 20 Degrees - ProjectXU 6.0

MP-18 - 4, 5 MMC FliHi, 6 SC, 7, 8, 9 Blade - Oban CT-125 S

Mack Daddy Forged 50, 54 @ 55 and 60 DG S200's

All Irons and Wedges 4 Degrees Flat

Golf Pride Victory Cords on all the above - IYKYK!!!

Ping Cadence Ketsch - 34" w/ SuperStroke Wrist Lock

1. City, State? Morrison Colorado
2. Handicap? +2
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? New level 18* and a Cobra 18* hybrid

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 95x
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft- Currently have the 105x tour prototype and would like to compare the two.  Wishing I had gone a little lighter in the KBS tour prototype

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates?  Absolutely I am.

Cobra Aerojet 9* - LAGP A Series X Mid 

Cobra LTDX 3W - Tensei 1K 75 TX 

New Level 18* KBS Tour Prototype 105X / Cobra LTDX 5w - Tensei Black 85 TX

Artisan HM's / Custom Nike VR Pro Blades - 6.5 Project X Blackouts

Mizuno T22 Copper 50/54 - Project X Blackout 7.0 Spinners

Vokey 58 T Grind - Project X 6.5 Blackout

Artisan 0521 w/ LAGP 135  / Compass G.O.A.T  w/ LAGP135 / LegacyGoods Widebody w/ KBS One Step / Byron DH89 w/ LAGP135 / Cameron Studio 1.5 w/ UST All in

Bridgestone Tour BXS 

1. City, State?

Louisville, KY
2. Handicap?

+1

tour spec speeder

85 stiff

I tinker with a lot of shafts and this is one I haven’t tried

yes absolutely 

1. Stanford, CA
2. 5
3. Stealth 2 with 10tx velocore and Titelist U510 with 9tx velocore

4. Lowest torque option
5. Would like to see if it can beat out the velocore hybrid shaft

6. absolutely. I have my PhD and have written plenty

Driver: Stealth 2 Plus 8* @ 6* w/ Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X Tipped 1"

Fairway Wood: Stealth 2 Plus 15* @ 13* w/ Fujikura Ventus TR Black 8X Tipped 1"

Hybrids: Stealth 2 Plus 3-Hybrid 19.5* @ 18* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Irons: Titleist U510 4i 22* w/ Fujikura Ventus Black 10x; P7TW 5-P (looking for the right shaft)

Wedges: Miura QPC Tour Milled (No Bounce) 52* @ 50*, 56* @ 54*, 58*

Putter: Yamada Handmade Limited Edition Samurai Burnt Copper 34"

1. City, State? Denver, CO
2. Handicap? 6
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Cobra King Oversize Hybrid w/ UST Mamiya RECOIL ES 780 F5 X-Flex

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85g stiff
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I would like to see if it provides more consistency over my current shaft along with tighter dispersion

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Always

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

1. City, State? Houston, TX
2. Handicap? +1.9
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Ventus Black (Hyb) / MMT (Driving Iron)

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 105X
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft I have been looking for a shaft to give me consistency with my driving iron both off the tee and into Par 5s/long par 3s, I've seen the proto getting a lot of play on tour and in recent competitions and would like to see what KBS's hybrid line offers.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

1. Mesa, AZ
2. Handicap - 19
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft?  Ping G410 22  Alta CB 70 R

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 75g R+ flex
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft -  To see how it stacks up as to consistency, (dispersion) and length.  And to understand how it affects the feel of the club.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Absolutely.

1. City, State? Tulsa, OK
2. Handicap? 5
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? AD-DI 85x on a Titleist U505 2ir.

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 95g S+
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I would like the opportunity to try to a new to the market shaft vs one of the industry leaders for comparison sake and to see how the number stack up.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? I am. I have a launch monitor to provide real world numbers to make an accurate comparison.

• Titleist TSR2 9* AD-VF 6x
  • Titleist TSR2 15* Ventus Red 7x
  • Titleist T200 3-5 Modus 105T X
  • Titleist 620MB 6-9  Modus 105T X
  • Titleist Vokey- Sm9 Raw 46*/10 50*/12 54*/12  58*/08 DG TI 400
  • Scotty Cameron Monoblock 6.5

1. City, State? San Diego, CA
2. Handicap? 12.3
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Callaway Rogue ST Pro Hybrid with KBS Tour Graphite Prototype

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 95g S+
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? Interested to try this new shaft against the TG Prototype I have used for past few seasons. Also want to test this with a utility iron and determine what is the better club for my game. Was fit at the KBS Fitting Experience in Carlsbad.

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes of course!

1. City, State? San Jose, CA
2. Handicap? 1
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Titleist 913HD 18* Atmos Tour Spec Blue

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? X 105G
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? It seems difficult to find variety of hybrid shafts that work. Would love to try the newest offerings

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

Callaway Padadym Triple D 8* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

On 8/18/2023 at 6:55 AM, GolfWRX_Official said:

APPLY NOW!

. City, State? Salt Lake City, Utah 
2. Handicap? +2.2
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Titleist 913HD 19* Graphite Design Tour AD-95 

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? S
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? It seems difficult to find variety of hybrid shafts that I don’t hook, love KBS

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Yes!

1. City, State? Columbus, OH
2. Handicap? 0.2
3. Current hybrid or utility iron and shaft? Diamana Blueboard S+ 85g

4. What weight and flex PGH Shaft do you want to test? 85g S
5. Why would you like to test the new KBS PGH Players Graphite Hybrid Shaft? I’d like to tighten the dispersion on my hybrid and see if changing the shaft out takes out some of the left miss. Like most better players I fear the ball screaming right to left and would be interested to see if the KBS shafts help eliminate that fear 

6. Are you willing to do an in-depth written review, with high quality photos, and future updates? Of course!