2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Myrtle Beach area pricing

Mw1991

I'm going to MB the last week of March. I am aware this is the busy season but I was starting to browse out rates as I will only be able to play a few times and could only find them via on the book a tee time page on the course sites. I am seeing 175-200 for Caledonia, TPC etc. Are these prices normal for that time of year?

11 hours ago, Mw1991 said:

I'm going to MB the last week of March. I am aware this is the busy season but I was starting to browse out rates as I will only be able to play a few times and could only find them via on the book a tee time page on the course sites. I am seeing 175-200 for Caledonia, TPC etc. Are these prices normal for that time of year?

The new normal pretty much. Unless you’re doing multi round package rates that’s about what it will cost. 

Edited by Drwoods2017

2 hours ago, Drwoods2017 said:

The new normal pretty much. Unless you’re doing multi round package rates that’s about what it will cost. 

Damn. I play down there yearly but usually only summertime or late fall so prices are never that bad. Think TPC and Caledonia were like 100-115 last thanksgiving. 

15 hours ago, Mw1991 said:

Damn. I play down there yearly but usually only summertime or late fall so prices are never that bad. Think TPC and Caledonia were like 100-115 last thanksgiving. 

You can always try https://www.teeuptomorrow.com they sometimes have good last minute deals on tee times. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mw1991 said:

Playing in the last week of March and around Thanksgiving are two completely different things in Myrtle. End of March is beginning of peak season while Thanksgiving is out of peak. Difference in price right there. Believe me, I have a lot of experience working there. 

• Thanks 1

Ping g430 LST 9* - HZRDUS Hulk 6.5 65g
Ping g430 LST 14.5* - Project X Smoke Black 70x
Ping g430 17* - Project X Smoke Black 6.5 or TM P70UDI 2 with same shaft
Ping i59 4-PW - DG AMT White X100
Callaway Jaws Raw Black 50*, 54*, 60*- DG TI S400
Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini w/ Stability Tour
Taylor Made TP5 PIX

Peak Spring rates in MB start around mid March.   If you look at online rates you 
can see when the rates change.   Playing Mon-Wed and after 1pm can save some 
$$ at a lot of courses.  

Not only did rates go up after CV, MB also started dynamic rates, so rates increase 
as tee times get booked.   If you know your dates and courses, it helps to book early.   

If you don't need to play the very top courses, you can still play good courses.    

On 11/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, Mw1991 said:

You should see the prices they are charging at the Dunes Club this spring. 😀

On 11/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, ArtMBgolf said:

Peak Spring rates in MB start around mid March.   If you look at online rates you 
can see when the rates change.   Playing Mon-Wed and after 1pm can save some 
$$ at a lot of courses.  

Not only did rates go up after CV, MB also started dynamic rates, so rates increase 
as tee times get booked.   If you know your dates and courses, it helps to book early.   

If you don't need to play the very top courses, you can still play good courses.    

I usually only play Blackmoor because my parents live on the course but now that I've started to appreciate better layouts and designs I'd like to play Stranz course or possibly TPC because it's so close to where I'll be staying. I think True Blue is like 165 which isn't terrible I guess. Hell my munis in MD are 75-90 dollars Th-Sun mornings. 

appreciate the response. 

On 12/3/2023 at 5:09 AM, Mw1991 said:

I usually only play Blackmoor because my parents live on the course but now that I've started to appreciate better layouts and designs I'd like to play Stranz course or possibly TPC because it's so close to where I'll be staying. I think True Blue is like 165 which isn't terrible I guess. Hell my munis in MD are 75-90 dollars Th-Sun mornings. 

appreciate the response. 

If your parents are golfers, they should have the Passport card or similar.   
You would get a discount on certain courses, IF you are their guest, but booking is
at 48 hours and TPC or True Blue are probably not included in March.   

Near Blackmoor is International Club, which is at about the same level + rate as 
Blackmoor.  Indigo Creek is rated below those 2.      

Whatever the rate shows now, it will increase as tee times get booked.          

Curious if anyone is close enough to the pricing dynamics in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area to know when summer shoulder season starts?  It seems that most of the sites I have visited for pricing at most of the top tier courses in the area (True Blue, Caledonia, Tidewater etc.) have dynamic pricing, but I've struggled to find any posted rack rates to determine when would be the best time to try to take advantage of a seasonal price drop.

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter

2 hours ago, Gdane said:

Curious if anyone is close enough to the pricing dynamics in Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area to know when summer shoulder season starts?  It seems that most of the sites I have visited for pricing at most of the top tier courses in the area (True Blue, Caledonia, Tidewater etc.) have dynamic pricing, but I've struggled to find any posted rack rates to determine when would be the best time to try to take advantage of a seasonal price drop.

There's a big section on caledonia's website with summer pricing information. https://caledoniagolfandfishclub.com/rates-specials/

That's for 2023 so 2024 will be updated in a month or so i'm sure but it gives you a general timeline.

13 hours ago, Gdane said:

Most of the MB courses rely on the online booking software to give golf rates.  
You can pick a day each week around the dates you are looking.  
Concentrate on days that don't look busy, for a closure look at the starting rate.    

In the Spring, rates start dropping in early May and again in early June.   
In the Fall, rates rise some around Sept 1, then again around Oct 1 to the Fall peak. 
In early Nov rates drop some, then Dec winter rates until around Feb 1, then March 15 
peak rates.   It's not the same for all courses, but those are general dates.    

Find a day during your dates that hasn't gotten bumped up by dynamic rates.  

19 hours ago, Gdane said:

Just beware…a lot of courses do summer maintenance (course aeration) in early June. And courses that overseed sometimes struggle with Bermuda coming out of dormancy until late June. There are bargains during those times, but you get what you pay for. Look closely at any published maintenance schedules…

• 1 month later...

Your best bet for quality to cost is probably getting the teetimegolfpass book (it will also come in handy in MD)

Legends courses are in there for $59 March-May. In order of preference I would do: Heritage (a bit of a drive south, but worth it), Mooreland (Dye course), Oyster Bay (a little into NC), Parkland, and then Heathland but that's just me.

Ocean ridge courses (a little into NC) are in the book as well, but I've heard really bad reports on conditions for the past couple years and I don't know if that's changed, which is a shame because Tigers Eye and Leopards Chase are very nice tracks imo.

9 hours ago, ll.umpire said:

Your best bet for quality to cost is probably getting the teetimegolfpass book (it will also come in handy in MD)

Legends courses are in there for $59 March-May. In order of preference I would do: Heritage (a bit of a drive south, but worth it), Mooreland (Dye course), Oyster Bay (a little into NC), Parkland, and then Heathland but that's just me.

Ocean ridge courses (a little into NC) are in the book as well, but I've heard really bad reports on conditions for the past couple years and I don't know if that's changed, which is a shame because Tigers Eye and Leopards Chase are very nice tracks imo.

I played Tiger's eye back in October and it was in fine shape then. They redid the greens at Leopards Chase last summer but I haven't played it yet since.

12 hours ago, islesmb said:

I played Tiger's eye back in October and it was in fine shape then. They redid the greens at Leopards Chase last summer but I haven't played it yet since.

That's great to hear! I'm going in April and was planning on playing Legends, but I'll probably play Ocean Ridge after hearing this. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 4:19 AM, Mw1991 said:

I am also coming in the last week of March. This thread is talking me out of bringing my sticks. My home courses will be opening the next week and a season pass for our muni is $625. Hard to stomach paying $200 for one round, $625 for the rest of the year. 

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

GP Side Saddle Broomstick, 45"

FWIW I did quite a bit of research for my upcoming trip and reached out to a couple of trip planners for quotes and have found that it is more affordable to book everything individually when tying together courses from across Myrtle (TB/Caledina/Tidewater, etc).  Most everywhere I have looked at has free cancellation as well.  

It looks like there are deals to be had if you book through a resort and stick with the resort courses (Barefoot, Legends, etc).

TaylorMade M2 9° Fujikuri Pro Stiff
Ping I3 2-PW Blue
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 52°
Cleveland 588 RTX Tour Satin 56°
Ping Karsten Ally i Putter

On 2/5/2024 at 10:06 PM, sm_watts said:

I am also coming in the last week of March. This thread is talking me out of bringing my sticks. My home courses will be opening the next week and a season pass for our muni is $625. Hard to stomach paying $200 for one round, $625 for the rest of the year. 

All aren't $200+, just the top courses.  Most of the now $200+ courses were $125 a few years ago. 

There are  still $60-100 courses, especially at 1PM, if you just want to get a round in. 
There is also Topgolf.  🙂   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NJgolfer11 said:

I am going to be in MB Feb 16-18th. Staying by TPC.

First day, looking somewhere close i.e. Blackmoor, International Club, Wacheshaw East.

2nd day - Caledonia, True Blue, Pawleys, River Club or Founders.

How are the conditions looking?

Thank you.

BM, IC, WE are about equal, middle of the road for MB.   

Cal + TB are top rated and higher priced, although not crazy in Feb. 
Pawleys + RC are next level.   
Founders is interesting and challenging, not getting a lot of love, due to no range, 
road crossings and waste area cart paths on many holes.    

I haven't heard any bad condition reports.  Feb isn't the time of year when 
there are condition problems, unless the wrong chemical got sprayed.    

• Like 1

We are playing Feb 18th and 19th. I am waiting to make sure the weather is nice before we book. 

Thinking of playing two of Kings North, Grande Dunes Resort, Tidewater  or Pine Lakes. Any opinions on these or would you consider another course? We are going to stay in the middle to North end. We are good with the $100 a round range

Edited by Faucette

On 2/7/2024 at 12:27 AM, ArtMBgolf said:

BM, IC, WE are about equal, middle of the road for MB.   

Cal + TB are top rated and higher priced, although not crazy in Feb. 
Pawleys + RC are next level.   
Founders is interesting and challenging, not getting a lot of love, due to no range, 
road crossings and waste area cart paths on many holes.    

I haven't heard any bad condition reports.  Feb isn't the time of year when 
there are condition problems, unless the wrong chemical got sprayed.    

Pawleys and River are next level over Caledonia and True Blue?

16 hours ago, Faucette said:

We are playing Feb 18th and 19th. I am waiting to make sure the weather is nice before we book. 

Thinking of playing two of Kings North, Grande Dunes Resort, Tidewater  or Pine Lakes. Any opinions on these or would you consider another course? We are going to stay in the middle to North end. We are good with the $100 a round range

Kings North, Grande Dunes Resort, Tidewater are a lot more interesting than Pine Lakes.     
TW is the most scenic if that matters.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:06 PM, sm_watts said:

You can definitely play other courses for 60-80 bucks. It's just the more premium courses have gone crazy with pricing. 

1 hour ago, Mw1991 said:

You can definitely play other courses for 60-80 bucks. It's just the more premium courses have gone crazy with pricing. 

So what courses in the $60-80 range are worth dragging my clubs on a plane for?

Tour Edge c721/HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX

Cleveland Launcher XL Halo 3 wood/UST Elements MK
Ping g410 4h Tensei blue

Maltby TS3 6-Gap w/Nippon N.S. Pro 1050GH

SnakeEyes 685BX 52*/Callaway Jaws Raw 58Z

TP Mills Sycamore Hakd Made, flow neck pencil shaft, 342 grams, Grip Master Roo FL27

Carbon Ringo wide-flange, slant neck, 330 grams

GP Side Saddle Broomstick, 45"