Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Second person to put one like this in play. Definitely want to hear more info on it. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° (testing Ventus + Red, Blue, Black)

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7

Wilson Dynapower Forged 4-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-06° 

Artisan 0124 KBS CT

51 minutes ago, TM golf guy said:

Second person to put one like this in play. Definitely want to hear more info on it. 

I guess it's like a LAB but doesnt look like trash.

• Like 3

AITDMAX  10.5 + XC6 BLKOPS 4W + UB7 BLKOPS 7W + LINQ/ PRDYM 9W + UBFRGDTEC5-P + MDUS115 / JWS + MDUS120-8i / PHNTM 7.5

2 hours ago, StoutKing said:

Copying L.A.B. now?

C'mon ... everybody knew this was coming.

• Haha 4

Driver: Titleist TS3, 8.5°

2 Wood: Taylormade M3, 10.5°

5 Wood: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Cleveland UHX, 20°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

SW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°M
Putter: Ping Anser 2 Stainless, 35"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

21 minutes ago, taylor2325 said:

Don't you know that LAB invented center-shafted putters?

Lie angle balancing not center shafted.  Look, if SC wants to copy another company it is what it is.  He builds solid copies.  I like his products minus the cherry bombs.  LAB did pioneer the technology however.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StoutKing said:

Lie angle balancing not center shafted.  Look, if SC wants to copy another company it is what it is.  He builds solid copies.  I like his products minus the cherry bombs.  LAB did pioneer the technology however.

I don't think anyone has said whether it was meant to be balanced? Has Scotty, Camillo, Higo, anyone using this putter, said that explicitly? 

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tour AD-DI 6S
Titleist TSR3 16.5* - HZRDUS 4G 80S
Titleist T200 3 Iron - Tour AD-DI 85S
Titleist T100S 4 - Project X 6.0

Titleist T100 5-9 - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 46* - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 52*M - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 Raw 58*T - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless NP 2

Titleist Pro V1

1 minute ago, taylor2325 said:

I don't think anyone has said whether it was meant to be balanced? Has Scotty, Camillo, Higo, anyone using this putter, said that explicitly? 

Look, I would just be speculating.  It would make sense however that the putter would have less torque based on copying the shaft placement, and the fact that Camillo and Higgo were using LAB this year.  If it was a regular center shafted putter then I'd say it's not a copy, but it looks to be a copy of LAB's main technology.

28 minutes ago, StoutKing said:

Look, I would just be speculating.  It would make sense however that the putter would have less torque based on copying the shaft placement, and the fact that Camillo and Higgo were using LAB this year.  If it was a regular center shafted putter then I'd say it's not a copy, but it looks to be a copy of LAB's main technology.

Is this not the same 'tech' (shaft onset?) that plenty of other putter manufactures use or have used though? Axis, Odyssey Backstryke, Byron Morgan, etc.?

I won't disagree that it's likely modeled after LAB and their tech, but this is nothing new. 

Edited by taylor2325

Titleist Pro V1

37 minutes ago, StoutKing said:

I'm not an anti-labber, but I see so many rushing to defend the honor of LAB and Sam Hahn when in reality the concept predates LAB.  J.L. Lewis and Greg Norman both played "gravity balanced" putters designed by Bobby Grace long before.  These were prototypes and extremely rare, Greg sold his at a charity auction a few years back.  

I do not dispute that LAB is doing a novel thing with customizable lie angles, their own head shape designs, and weighting system, but they are far from the first to think of balancing a putter this way.  

8 hours ago, taylor2325 said:

Is this not the same 'tech' (shaft onset?) that plenty of other putter manufactures use or have used though? Axis, Odyssey Backstryke, Byron Morgan, etc.?

I won't disagree that it's likely modeled after LAB and their tech, but this is nothing new. 

Scotty Cameron is great at copying.  Credit due.  First PING, now L.A.B.

8 hours ago, RangeBaller said:

I'm not an anti-labber, but I see so many rushing to defend the honor of LAB and Sam Hahn when in reality the concept predates LAB.  J.L. Lewis and Greg Norman both played "gravity balanced" putters designed by Bobby Grace long before.  These were prototypes and extremely rare, Greg sold his at a charity auction a few years back.  

I do not dispute that LAB is doing a novel thing with customizable lie angles, their own head shape designs, and weighting system, but they are far from the first to think of balancing a putter this way.  

While the concept of having a shaft drilled into the center of gravity of the putter isn't new, the concept of properly weighting the putter so that it remains square towards the target is owned by Lab golf and their patents.  I have one of the Bobby Grace gravity balanced putters and it's awesome for sure, but it doesn't align towards the target and in fact, rotates completely away from the target.  The torque however is still much less than a regular putter for sure.

20240716_100303.jpg.e0c76c45598716aa7b2cbb845b8c6627.jpg

20240716_100151.jpg.0f41a7f8e92d933dcf734bc63e654221.jpg

I'm in the camp of enjoying what all companies try and do with their putter designs but stay disappointed in Scotty Cameron in really not taking any sort of charge in really innovating anything.  He (they) wait to see what other companies are doing and what becomes popular, and then make a version of their own much later on.  It's easy to come out with something that looks a little better or changes some of the things that some people don't like after you've had a chance to see what others have already done to become successful.  The Scotty Xerox reputation lives on.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

While the concept of having a shaft drilled into the center of gravity of the putter isn't new, the concept of properly weighting the putter so that it remains square towards the target is owned by Lab golf and their patents.  I have one of the Bobby Grace gravity balanced putters and it's awesome for sure, but it doesn't align towards the target and in fact, rotates completely away from the target.  The torque however is still much less than a regular putter for sure.

I'm in the camp of enjoying what all companies try and do with their putter designs but stay disappointed in Scotty Cameron in really not taking any sort of charge in really innovating anything.  He (they) wait to see what other companies are doing and what becomes popular, and then make a version of their own much later on.  It's easy to come out with something that looks a little better or changes some of the things that some people don't like after you've had a chance to see what others have already done to become successful.  The Scotty Xerox reputation lives on.

Absolutely spot on. Everyone else innovates and releases original designs constantly. I cannot believe that Titleist and Acushnet put up with this sort of complacency from Scotty. 

Almost forgot....../s

Edited by taylor2325
  • Like 1

Titleist Pro V1

52 minutes ago, taylor2325 said:

Absolutely spot on. Everyone else innovates and releases original designs constantly. I cannot believe that Titleist and Acushnet put up with this sort of complacency from Scotty. 

Almost forgot....../s

Agree 100%.  If Titleist would put out some Titleist branded putters I'd be all in.  I just don't want a SC putter that's over branded with cherry bombs.  No thanks

16 minutes ago, StoutKing said:

Agree 100%.  If Titleist would put out some Titleist branded putters I'd be all in.  I just don't want a SC putter that's over branded with cherry bombs.  No thanks

There hasn't been Cherry Bombs for the last few iterations. I will say SC putters have lacked the same character they had when he started, since about 2012

Driver: Titleist TSI3 + Kai’Li White 60G X (Z-Grip Cord Midsize)

3 Wood: Taylormade RBZ2+ HZRDUS Blue 70G 6.5 (Tour Velvet Cord)

3 Iron: Taylormade UDI + Mitsubishi Chemical Kai'li White 90X (MCC New Decade White/Black)

4-PW: Titleist T100S (2021) + True Temper AMT White S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

GW: Vokey SM9 48*F + True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

SW: Vokey SM9 54*S + True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 (Tour Velvet Cord)

LW: Vokey SM9 58*T + True Temper Dynamic Gold TI S400 (Tour Velvet Cord)

Putter: Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport 2 (Pistolini)

17 minutes ago, bertsbogeys said:

There hasn't been Cherry Bombs for the last few iterations. I will say SC putters have lacked the same character they had when he started, since about 2012

When I say cherry bombs I mean three holes in the cavity.  Seems like they've gotten even bigger.  All I'm asking for is Titleist branded putters with no SC branding.

13 hours ago, StoutKing said:

Look, I would just be speculating.  It would make sense however that the putter would have less torque based on copying the shaft placement, and the fact that Camillo and Higgo were using LAB this year.  If it was a regular center shafted putter then I'd say it's not a copy, but *it looks to be a copy of LAB's main technology.

So what?! EVERY single OEM has “copied” the Anser and MANY other putter designs. Only one CONSTANTLY gets called out for it.  

Take a design, refine it and arguably improve it. Been going on in all of design/manufacturing forever. Period 

And do I like SC putters? Absolutely. I also like and appreciate many other putter manufacturers. It’s just the predictable responses in almost every SC thread is just so tired IMO.
But hey, whatever. I’ve said my peace. Ppl can obviously comment how they so desire 😊

IMG_6879.gif

Edited by TiScape
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Actually that's not the design I was referring to.  To be transparent, I have a Mezz and one of the BG prototypes and I can tell you they are both absolutely lie angle balanced.  If I ever get my hands on a revealer I'd be happy to demonstrate 🙂

Let's be real, having a patent does not mean you came up with the idea, it just means you have a patent.  The U.S. Patent system is riddled with examples of unoriginal ideas being credited to someone who got there first (see Thomas Edison).

My point is not to knock or make any claims against LAB (I own their products), I'm just saying the idea of lie angle balancing on a putter pre-dates them and all those heralding LAB as the inventors of such a concept are misinformed.

1 hour ago, TiScape said:

So what?! EVERY single OEM has “copied” the Anser and MANY other putter designs. Only one CONSTANTLY gets called out for it.  

Take a design, refine it and arguably improve it. Been going on in all of design/manufacturing forever. Period 

And do I like SC putters? Absolutely. I also like and appreciate many other putter manufacturers. It’s just the predictable responses in almost every SC thread is just so tired IMO.
But hey, whatever. I’ve said my peace. Ppl can obviously comment how they so desire 😊

With all due respect Ti, and you're one of the best posters on here, PING did not copy most of their designs.  In fact, from Scotty Cameron's special release today, every single one of those designs are copies of Karsten Solheim's work.  It is what it is.  Just the facts

33 minutes ago, StoutKing said:

With all due respect Ti, and you're one of the best posters on here, PING did not copy most of their designs.  In fact, from Scotty Cameron's special release today, every single one of those designs are copies of Karsten Solheim's work.  It is what it is.  Just the facts

Ping no (well the Tyne 4/Odyssey 7 does come to mind as an exception! 😜), but essentially every other OEM has and does. And only SC gets 💩 for it. Obviously bcs ppl like to hate on the most successful as they make the biggest 🎯! When it comes to SC I like to say…

IMG_6883.jpeg

Edited by TiScape

27 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Ping no (well the Tyne 4/Odyssey 7 does come to mind as an exception! 😜), but essentially every other OEM has and does. And only SC gets 💩 for it. Obviously bcs ppl like to hate on the most successful as they make the biggest 🎯! When it comes to SC I like to say…

IMG_6883.jpeg

Copying Karsten was a good business strategy.  Props for getting rich off Karsten's ideas.  Hope Scotty can win more tour events and majors again like the old days.