Discount Dan's Golf - what an excellent golf shop :)

I must recommend it highly to fellow GolfWRX'ers!!
Just bought some Taylor Made and Callaway driver, woods and hybrids from Discount Dan's Golf - and feel I have to write a post about my experience dealing with them.

First rate communication via email, first rate transaction, great prices - everything came wrapped and sealed in plastic from the OEM, just like I wanted :cheesy:

Definitely will do business with them again, and must recommend their golf shop to other GolfWRX'ers.

Euro guys can safely do business with them also - they ship everything safely packed, so all your clubs will show up in perfect condition :cheesy:

They even helped me with shipping address and other stuff ( :drinks: ) - and shipped me a free Ahead Golf Cap in high quality fabric :lol:

Especially a thanks to Jason, from Discount Dan's Golf, for his excellent and kind service towards me :lol:

Link: Discount Dan's Golf shop

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought some Taylor Made and Callaway driver, woods and hybrids from Discount Dan's Golf - and feel I have to write a post about my experience dealing with them.

First rate communication via email, first rate transaction, great prices - everything came wrapped and sealed in plastic from the OEM, just like I wanted :cheesy:

Definitely will do business with them again, and must recommend their golf shop to other GolfWRX'ers.

Euro guys can safely do business with them also - they ship everything safely packed, so all your clubs will show up in perfect condition :cheesy:

They even helped me with shipping address and other stuff ( :drinks: ) - and shipped me a free Ahead Golf Cap in high quality fabric :lol:

Especially a thanks to Jason, from Discount Dan's Golf, for his excellent and kind service towards me :lol:

I highly recommend Discount Dans. A first class operation with great prices.

I'll be visiting family in Denmark this summer. None play golf - can you recommend any courses?

I'll be visiting family in Denmark this summer. None play golf - can you recommend any courses?

Yeahhhhhh.......where will you be staying ?

Denmark is basically sliced into 3 parts - Fyn, Sealand/Sjæalldn & Jutland/Jylland. I live on Sealand/Sjælland :beach:

Jutland/Jylland: Esbjerg Golfklub, Silkebrog Golfklub and Holsterbro Golfklub are 3 great golf courses - don't know that many on Jutland/Jylland, as I live on Sealand/Sjælland.

Sealand/Sjælland: Københavns Golfklub, Furesø Golfklub, Rungsted Golfklub, Simon's Golfklub, Helsingør Golfklub, Gilleleje Golfklub, Asserbo Golfklub and Skjoldenæsholm golfklub.

Yeahhhhhh.......where will you be staying ?

Denmark is basically sliced into 3 parts - Fyn, Sealand/Sjæalldn & Jutland/Jylland. I live on Sealand/Sjælland :beach:

Jutland/Jylland: Esbjerg Golfklub, Silkebrog Golfklub and Holsterbro Golfklub are 3 great golf courses - don't know that many on Jutland/Jylland, as I live on Sealand/Sjælland.

Sealand/Sjælland: Københavns Golfklub, Furesø Golfklub, Rungsted Golfklub, Simon's Golfklub, Helsingør Golfklub, Gilleleje Golfklub, Asserbo Golfklub and Skjoldenæsholm golfklub.

Yes, it would help if I was more specific. I'll be staying in Nord Jylland (Aalborg/Arhus), Fyn (Odense) and Sjaelland(Kobenhavn). My last two visits allowed no time for golf. This will be a longer trip and I plan on brining my clubs.

Tak!

Dealt with Matt a few days ago about an issue with some Ping Rapture irons I had purchased for my father-in-law.

FedEx had dropped the package at my house and left a note saying "we left your package on the doorstep". Well, I get home, and no package is there. I asked my wife where it was and she said I don't know what you're talking about. I asked her where her father was and she said he was in Seattle.

I went to the FedEx office and asked where my package was and got the driver on the line and he specifically recalled the package and said "I left it on your front door step".

So I called Matt at DD's and explained the situation to him and he said "No problem, I'll call Ping and get another set rush ordered for you."

Then I called my father-in-law to give him the bad news and to tell him it would be a few more days. He said that he had stopped by my house and took the clubs without telling anyone and left the note so that "I would know".

Bottom line to this little story is that during the past few days, my dealings with Matt at Discount Dan's was nothing but professional. He was very understanding and willing to go the extra mile to get me another set of irons even though it wasn't their fault. Once I called him to cancel the order and told him the story, we had a good laugh and then I told him I'd take out my frustration with my father-in-law on the course.

Bottom line - If you have to purchase new clubs in the future, at least give 'em the opportunity first to make a sale. 1st class all the way. Thanks Matt!

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since anyone has commented on Discount Dan's Golf and I feel I deserve to leave comments about my experience.

After posting a thread about ordering a customs set of J36 irons, I was told to contact Discount Dans. Since they are not a large dealer, I was a little skeptical, but I took everyones word for it and contacted them. They gave me and excellent price than nobody could come close to. I was able to order them bent to my specs with an extra roll of tape and with the grips I wanted.

I placed the order on a Saturday. They told me they would call me on Monday to verify when the order would ship. Well, I got fitted again on Sun. morning and found out I needed to have them bent 2*, not 1* as I had initially ordered. I called Sunday, no problems.

I got a call on Monday, as promised, letting me know the clubs would ship from Bridgstone on either Friday or Monday. Well, Wednesday afternoon UPS showed up with my new clubs.

The clubs are exactly to my specs, exactly how I ordered them and can't be more happy. I've told my golfing buddies about Discount Dans.

Discount Dan's is the real deal. Don't be discouraged because their prices aren't on the internet, as others have said, they can't post their prices. The prices are that good, and the service is even better.

THANKS DISCOUNT DANS, I am a 100% satisfied customer and will tell my golfing friends about my experience.

Mizuno st190 9.5* Kuro Kage 60 stiff
TEE CBX 15* Kuro Kage 70 stiff
Titleist 910h 19* Kuro Kage 80 stiff
Mizuno MP-18 FliHi 3-5  MP-18 SC 6-pm,  +.5",  KBS C-Taper R
Titleist SM7 Raw 50*, 54*, 58*, KBS 610 Wedge 110
Bettinardi SS16, SS Slim 3.0

I have to add my "great" experience to the list. Called up Adam at Discount Dan's to order a set of G5's. Ordered them on Thurs. and had specific lie, shaft, and swingweight specifications. Box was on my doorstep on Tues. morning. Irons were dead on spec and I can guarantee nobody could beat the price + no shipping and no tax. By far my best online transaction.

Thanks DD!

First experience with Discount Dan's:

Called up to get some prices for a custom wedge or two. Quoted $99 for a Z TP wedge with Rifle Spinner shaft.

E-mailed to try and get the spec-options written out for me... quick response the first time... then no response for a few days. Quoted $10 more for the Spinner shaft than told earlier. And told the grip I wanted was unavailable. (most places charge more for the Spinner shaft so this is more what I was expecting.... sad at the price increase though)

Called to place the order a handful of days later. Spinner shaft... turns out my grip actually is still available. And I forgot to ask the price before charging my card. (oops!) Turns out it was only $99 for everything afterall. And I received my custom wedge in a week's time.

Awesome job discount dans and taylormade!

These guys will fo out of there way to assist you; excellent for custom orders. I've had nothing but good experience with Matt; Jason and the rest of the team...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a Sun Mountain V1 from Adam from Discount Dan's Golf Shop for 169 including shipping and tax.

The customer service was great. When I called, I was between a Clicgear and a SMV1 and we talked about all of my needs and the positives and

negatives of each model. He was very helpful. Also helped me track package to my door with phone and email correspondance.

The customer service at DD is unmatched. Will buy again!

Based on reviews and recommendations on this forum here in addition to my friends experiences, I contacted Discountdansgolf.com via emails but I'm not sure what to make out of my experience. Since I'm busy most of time during the day, hindering me from calling them but looking at computer monitor all day, I've sent an email to them([email protected]) several days ago. However, no response what so ever so far. So, I've re-sent my last email to both [email protected] and [email protected] this time, wondering if [email protected] is not monitored. I'll post my experience with them in a day or two. Thanks.

UPDATE: Did receive a response finally only to find out that items I wanted were not available. Maybe, that explains why they did not bother to repond to my email in the first place. However, to be fair, they were willing to custom order them for me if I wanted.

I'm not sure the reason, but from my experience, I either receive VERY PROMPT email replies or VERY DELAYED (and sometimes no reply at all.)

I've only left a voicemail once, but did not get a call back.

I can sum up my experiences like this: once I know what I want and have someone on the phone, the process is a pleasure. Very friendly, knowledgable, and speedy. Received all my custom items promptly.

However, the process before that is really hit or miss as mentioned at the top of my post. Not sure what the deal is...

I have yet to have any sort of incident after the order, so I don't know how their service is when things go wrong.

Just purchased a new R9 TP 4 wood from DD. $50 cheaper than anywhere else. Same with their R9 drivers. Will buy that there also.

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

Vaires from OEM to OEM and where it's going to, I'd wager. I ordered a pair of Nike VR Wedges a couple weeks ago, followed up on it a week later and two days later my wedges were at my doorstep. Oregon to MD in... 3 days? Not bad, IMO. Also it would vary with demand and how much customization you want done to club might be a determining factor with the varied OEMs.

Titleist TS2, 9.5, Tensei AV Series Blue 55
Titleist 917 F2, 16.5, Diamana LTD M+ Red 60
Titleist 818 H1, 23, Tensei Red AMC
Titleist 718 AP2's, 5-PW, AMT White S300
Vokey SM7, Tour Chrome, 50 (F), 54 (M), and 58 (D)
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5
Ball choice: ProV1x

Hey, I also stream! Check it out if you want! https://www.twitch.tv/scottwsmith

I usually ask if the item is in stock and if so, if ordered in the morning, my order usually arrives the next day by 4pm. I live only one state away, but still, I've always had my clubs the next day after I order something.

As far as why they're cheaper, I don't care. I don't ask now will I ever ask. :) I just know that there is no tax and free shipping on all orders placed.

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

I ordered a Clicgear 2.0 cart. Their prices matched or beat ebay prices on ones with "shop wear". It was shipped directly to me from Clicgear with free shipping via UPS. They respond quickly to email and via phone. They have earned my future business. Next, a custom 9015D! Now if only they could camouflage the box so my wife wouldn't find it when it delivers, they would have a customer for life!

In all seriousness, Discount Dan's is a class act. They even mailed me a copy of the receipt since the cart shipped direct. Now that is service.