2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Do you think any of the TOUR guys read golfwrx?

TheBUNKY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that myself the other day. Good question, better start apologizing now! :cheesy: There's gotta be a few celebs or tour players, or club manufacturers that have been on here. I use to be on a roller coaster forum site, and I posted a topic on how I ripped a shirt I got at a Six Flags park , and I wanted to find out where I could buy one. Two days later I get an email from the PR director of Six Flags Great Adventure saying she would be happy to replace the shirt for me, which she did. Companies watch over forums corresponding to what they sell in order to get unbiased feedback and see what people are really saying "behind their backs." They can use this info to plan out their next product or what rides they will install in a park. It's a great strategy, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were some higher powers watching over us, maybe even some small guy who wants to start a company, and is looking for ideas may come here to see what we want as a consumer. It all makes sense.

To SC if you are here...I'm sorry I don't use one of your fine products. I've tried many of them and I like them, but the $$$ isn't flowin right now. Maybe later I'll buy somethin from ya! lol

[sign here]

Is golfwrx monitored by every major OEM? Yes.

Do reps check out Golfwrx? Yes.

Do players check out golfwrx? Yes and no. Most top professionals are too busy but, they may have some friends or relatives that do. There are alot of good players on this board that play mini or lesser tours that check in every so often.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Very interesting topic and it would be really cool to know that tour players are reading what is being said on the boards

I also think this is a very interesting topic!

I also think it's best to assume that tour players, OEM's and the like are either reading what is being said here or are at least hearing about it.

:cheesy:

I know of a Taylor Made Rep that visits and checks out what is being said about product and what not. I mean h$lll they would be stupid not to after all this is a free survey!!

You know what, you're right...

I'm thinking we should get some freaking kickbacks from the OEM's :)

Or at least cut us members some deals :cheesy:

I play on the Nationwide tour and come on here from time to time just to look around :cheesy:

Hey Chris,

Just wondering if you spell your name intentionally wrong just for this website or have you changed the spelling from Baryla for some reason? :)

And as for players looking on this site, I know of a top 70 PGA Tour player who spent a bit of time lurking here this winter. They are human afterall!

Best of Luck to you as well Chris, as soon as you make the PGA cut, we will then have a Tour player as a Member.

Seriously, best of luck to you.

I would like to know how you got to the Nationwide, I am shooting to join someday and I would like to know what it took for you to get where you are? Drop me a PM

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Even if they were here, I doubt they'd speak up.. Because they don't want to deal with a million posts of HEY TIGER LOOK AT THIS, HEY TIGER CHECK MY SWING, HEY TIGER WHAT SHAFT SHOULD I USE, HEY TIGER DO YOU LIKE THESE SHOE LACES IN THESE SHOES? As well as the thousands of pm's they'd get. If there WERE any pga touring pros here, I'm sure they'd want to remain anonymous and just another face in the crowd.

Saying that, I doubt there are too many of them around, especially during the season. As far as being a club ho, I would say most of them probably don't care. They find something they like and stick to it, for the most part. We change clubs a LOT more than touring pros.

my 2 cents.

Jeff

just my .02, but TJ's responses were great when he was on. Nice guy, wish him the best of luck

TJ is a cool guy here. He wants to share his experiences. Now after the BB4, he's more on the inside than most, so what he has to say is interesting.

There may be a tour pro that stops in once in a while, or none at all. But, I'd bank on the fact that OEMs are looking around here. Look at the sponsors, UST just climbed aboard, so that means they were lurking before they decided to sponsor. If theres one, theres more.

[sign here]

just my .02, but TJ's responses were great when he was on. Nice guy, wish him the best of luck

TJ is a cool guy here. He wants to share his experiences. Now after the BB4, he's more on the inside than anyone else, so what he has to say is interesting.

There may be a tour pro that stops in once in a while, or none at all. But, I'd bank on the fact that OEMs are looking around here. Look at the sponsors, UST just climbed aboard, so that means they were lurking before they decided to sponsor. If theres one, theres more.

exactly, why would they pass up the opportunity to see unbiased reviews and feelings etc???u can bet there are reps and OEM's lurkin all round the place,so no better place to share your feelings[good or bad!!]than this website :pimp: :cheesy: who knows you might even get them to change something or influence them in their future designs.....how cool :) !!!

I can tell you all now that Peter Lonard, Paul Gow, Rod Pampling, Gary Edwin, Peter senior, Peter O"malley, and many OZ Touring pros know of and may very well visit Golfwrx. Every one of these guy's I know and have at one time or another spoke about here. I have asked them if any of them have the time to come on as a Guest and every one said the first chance that they have they will.

Also I am best friends with Robert Elkington , Steve's brother and when I was talking to him about here, he said steve often at home check's out web sites to see what is said about him and other tour guy's. I have also asked him to speak to steve on my behalf as a guest speaker.

When comment's where made about Greg norman from Mark Hensby I know that he checked out one site here in Australia because many personal attacks wher made at Mark Hensby over the incident.

Just remember tour pro's and celeb's are just human.

So do Pro's and Celeb's visit golfwrx's ?I hope so and when you do say hello.

Best wishes

Addam smith

I don't see why some people feel that there is a 0% chance of a PGA tour player visiting this site. Some of them must bring laptops on the road, and instead of watching TV before going to bed they may surf and run into this site. I'm not saying there are a bunch of top tier PGA players on here all the time, but there are probably a couple of PGA players who lurk.

This could be similar to what we see in the bike racing world. Lots of forums, and some Pros actually do come on and lurk occasionally. The manufacturers have more of an interest, from a marketing viewpoint.

Hopefully, it's not toooo much like biking, though, in the sense that a lot of the lurking pros are laughing thie butts off at the recreational riders that insist on having $10,000 bikes that eclipse anythignt he pros race on. :cheesy: (Not bashing anyone here, just saying what its like the cycling industry).

I would be surprised if a touring pro (no matter what tour, since they are all tours) has not stopped in or is even a member here.

They would not use there real name like a lot of us here allready. Whos to say that one of the posters in this thread is not a pro.

The thing about the internet is you really never know who you are chatting with.

Terry

I've been sending out "welcome notes" to pretty much every new member since Septmeber. I've been getting numerous replies to these notes and have developed "relationships" with some of the respondents. You would be amazed by the variety of people on this board. TJ is not the only guy from the Big Break that has been on the Golfwrx Pages. :cheesy: Also, from speaking to the club reps and also some of the club makers...they have all heard of Golfwrx. I don't know if they're addicted to coming here everyday like many of us but they know who we are. They have also praised the unbiased nature of our site which has led them to sharing stuff like the Cleveland Hi Bore driver I photographed at the Sony. No other site had them....not even Cleveland. :)

As someone said above...they would be stupid not to keep an eye on these boards. They can find out immediately what's hot and what the consumer is looking for without paying a dime.

I've been sending out "welcome notes" to pretty much every new member since Septmeber. I've been getting numerous replies to these notes and have developed "relationships" with some of the respondents. You would be amazed by the variety of people on this board. TJ is not the only guy from the Big Break that has been on the Golfwrx Pages. :cheesy: Also, from speaking to the club reps and also some of the club makers...they have all heard of Golfwrx. I don't know if they're addicted to coming here everyday like many of us but they know who we are. They have also praised the unbiased nature of our site which has led them to sharing stuff like the Cleveland Hi Bore driver I photographed at the Sony. No other site had them....not even Cleveland. :)

As someone said above...they would be stupid not to keep an eye on these boards. They can find out immediately what's hot and what the consumer is looking for without paying a dime.

(dramatic slam of a large book on the defendant's table) CASE CLOSED!

[sign here]

For what it's worth, you guys don't really know who I am. :pimp: Most think I'm a 62 year old guy with a 13.6 Index who lives a quiet life and is addicted to the Golfwrx site and drives the ball 235 yards and spend quite a bit of time in the Chatroom. :cheesy:

For you information, I hit the ball closer to 237 yards, I am 63, and my Index is closer to 14 and I don't spend over 8 hours a day in the Chatroom, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night too.

For the life of me, I can't see what's so hard to believe of guys who are pros spending time on Golfwrx. I mean they are people too, they enjoy a good laugh once in awhile too, why is it so hard to believe that all types of people from all aspects of life spend their time over here doing the exact same things we do over here. Just hanging out, having a few laughs, looking at what all others are doing, what they are playing and "BRAGGING" about it, I mean, that's the fun of Golfwrx, to have fun and relax, AND! to learn a few things in the process. :)

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I don't see why some people feel that there is a 0% chance of a PGA tour player visiting this site. Some of them must bring laptops on the road, and instead of watching TV before going to bed they may surf and run into this site. I'm not saying there are a bunch of top tier PGA players on here all the time, but there are probably a couple of PGA players who lurk.

On your point about laptops, virtually every pro that has been asked "What must go with you on the road?" has answered "my laptop" - so you ar dead on point.