Time for Taylor Made Fanatics! :) R7 460 pic added!!!

Please chime in and comments on their new products.
Hi guys,
I need to know how are we doing for you guys a Taylor Made equipments junkies doing and I need to see and read about your comments about this great golf company.

We are all know that this company has been producing products that dominate the PGA tour, Euro tour, and the rest.

Yes, I do recognize and respect that not all are in TM products but we can't deny that they are # 1 right now. So come on guys, i need to hear from you.

R7 425, R7 460, New 2006 Rac MB, and so on. They are all going to make a debut in 2006 and some are already out there.

I want to see some real TM nuts! :cheesy: :)

I will try to post a technical spec and pictures as much as possible when I can get a hold of them here in my shop.

Thanks guys!

Joe Kwok

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the pictures starter.

I had a chance to work on this beauty w/ the up rising tour player.

This is a tour issue R7 425 TP:

IMO, It has a profile of R7 HT w/ a deeper face. I've hit this driver into the net in my shop and i can feel that this is one of the hottest face driver from TM. It doesn't sounds to metalic but it's there. I've put a rubber band around the 2 grams screws to mute the sound some more....There ya go, a more solid sound is definitely there now.

Sit slightly open ( TP version ), D3 sw at 44.75" w/ Rombax 75 gr X flex 9.5*.

I've noticed from the reading, I could go w/ a 10.5* to maximise my potential.

Joe

I like the looks of the R7 460cc, and the new TP MBs. I have the TP wedges in the bag, and I've heard they may release them in a satin finish as well, which would be fantastic.

I dont necessarily like the looks of the new r7 fairway woods. IMGWRXO they aren't designed for the low capper, so the old r7 TP would still be my choice.

Rossa putters have come with the AGSI insert, which I found gets the ball rolling. I could feel the face grip the ball longer. They will introduce it on the Mezza model which is one of my favourite mallets out there.

I have no comment on the new r7 irons, since they aren't geared towards a player like myself, but I'm sure they're packed with lots of technology to help those who they would cater to.

Aerojet LS 9*

0311 Gen5 15*

0311 Gen5 19*

223 4-PW 

T5 50*

RTX4 56*

RTX4 60* 

Phantom X 12.5

Dont make me try another TM driver... I always end up benching them....

AGSI is not good for me... I dont like inserts

2006 Rac MB's on the other hand I might try... I need to short iron blades to go with my Cally X-tours.. it will be Rac MB's or 695 MB's..

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Dont make me try another TM driver... I always end up benching them....

AGSI is not good for me... I dont like inserts

2006 Rac MB's on the other hand I might try... I need to short iron blades to go with my Cally X-tours.. it will be Rac MB's or 695 MB's..

Don't speak to soon Johnny!

I know you to well:) You are not gonna be happy until you tried everything out there. That is in your blood bro! :) :cheesy:

I'm a Taylormade fan, I love my Rac LT2's, soft, great distance, and greate trajectory!

Rac wedges are great, though I may drop the duckettes and get me some Y cutters :)

And to top it all off, I just won a R7 HT 8.5* off of eBay brand new with all the weights and head cover for $183, it has the stock MAS shaft in X Flex, let me play it for a bit before I decide to change it or not...

Gee... now I'm just debating betweeb getting a V-Steel or a R5 Fairway :cheesy:

TM's taking all my money :pimp:

I am a huge TM fan but, I am not too excited about the new line. I have tried the AGSI putters and don't like the feel vs. other putters with inserts. I hit the R7TP into a Simulator and it felt great! I don't think I could give up my R7TP though. The New MB's look great but, nothing will beat the feel of the RAC MB from Miura. The TP Wedges are really good and have a great feel. I am trying to decide between the TP's and the CG10's.

Im a huge TM fan!!! i am interested in a lot of there new stuff for 2006! i cant wait to get hold of the new R7 425 and the R7 steel!!!!

TaylorMade M6 10.5 GD-IZ 6
TaylorMade M1 15 GD-Di 7
TaylorMade PSi 3 Modus 120
TaylorMade P790 4-PW Modus 120
TaylorMade MG 52 Modus 120
TaylorMade HI-TOE 58 Modus 120
TaylorMade Spider Tour L-Neck

I've been a TM fan in the Past(sold my last R5, 7 months ago..)...but I can;t seem to find any love for the current stuff...IMO- they no longer rule the roost in certain dept.s and the other OEM have slingshoted forward..in spite of new offerings from TM every 6 months....Granted I still have some TM in the bag...but just some Old Out of Date Irons....300 lehmans :cheesy::)

In terms of FW's/hybrids/wedges/drivers.. there are lots and lots of new candy to choose from.

I've gone screwless! more or less..lol!

They should re-think their driver offering and marketing strategy.

Look at Callaway - you can get a 460 X tour for $300 with your choice of open face (tour) and standard closed. No price point difference.

$800 for an open faced driver is just a bit too much especially if you are not too crazy about the shaft offerings. I love my R7 TP but I had to wait for a pretty long time to get a great deal on the head.

Sure they are the #1 driver on the PGA tour but I believe they pay a price for that.

Now I am looking to move to a 460 driver and I really doubt that it will be a TM anytime soon.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][i][i][img]https://static.golfonline.co.uk/media/logos/taylormade_small_logo_blk.png[/img][/i] [size=4][sub][color=#000000][b]2016 M2 10.5 Aldila Silver 70S[/b][/color][/sub][/size][/i][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/ksfSEag.png[/img][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font][/size][/i][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][i][b][color=#000000]915 F2 16.5[/color][/b] [/i][color=#000000][b][i]Diamana Blue Board 70[/i][/b][/color][/font][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][size=3][color=#000000][img]https://i.imgur.com/ksfSEag.png[/img][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]H1 3 - Aldila Rogue[/font][/color][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][size=2][left][background=transparent][size=4][sub][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/iDRdfVu.png[/img][/i] [size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]900 Forged 4-GW Project XLZ 5.5[/color][/font][/size][/i][/sub][/size][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/jWakdRa.png[/img][/i] [/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b]54S & 60M X100 [/b][/font][/size][b]SS1[/b][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font]
[font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZSoHrb9.png[/img][/i][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font][font=helvetica,arial,sans-serif][size=4][left][background=transparent][sub][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i]AOP Newport 2[/i][/i][/font][/sub][/background][/left][/size][/font]

Yeah, big fan here, Joe!! Have only had a few rounds with the 425, but just love the hot yet solid feel you were eluding to. I think I am more comfortable with 425cc vs 460cc, which I felt was just too big.

Still not sure as to whether I prefer the old rescue vs the new duals, for me the dual flies a bit higher and seems larger at address; this is not neccesarily a bad thing when hitting into greens tho. The MWT does seem to make a difference, for me at least reducing the hooks which I sometimes suffered from with the original.

Now the TP wedges have extremely impressed me. I have read for a long time how good the Y grooves are; great spin yet don't chew premium balls, and have to say this is spot on. The C grind is also a nice change from the original RAC series which I felt tended to be a bit clumsy around the green. My only gripe is the finish has started to wear off on the sole, but this is to be expected. Hoping to get some satin TP's if and when they come out...

And finally the corza. I like the weight of it with 2x 14's in the back, and the roll is as smooth as touted by TM. As some have said it sounds quite 'tinky' at impact with a fairly hollow feel. I also feel that, coming from a 2-ball, mis-hits are more severely punished. I suppose this could be due to the fact that the 2-ball had more weight positioned in the two 'wings' at the periphery, wheras the corza's weight seems to be concentrated at the rear, thus offering less resistance to twisting.

Irons- wise, I honestly wish I had the game to play blades becuase the new TP MB's look sublime. I would play them in a heartbeat purely based on looks, and expect them to be a hit with single figure cappers.

Finally, I am anticipating the release of the r7 st FW, as it looks very stealthy and will hopefully be at a more affordable price range than the TP version. I don't like the sound of the r7 ti due to it's larger address profile (although I haven't seen one, I never got along with an r580 FW which I believe to be a similar size). Will definately give it a try- be rude not to...

Yeh, I'm a member of the Cult of Taylormade... like the gear plus it matches my surname... :cheesy:

I currently play an R7 400cc... the "old" one.. and a Rescue Mid.

IMHO...

Maybe too many drivers on the market.. especially since the 400 R7 is still market leader, geez I still have a 510 I still hit regularly...

Retail here, (Tasmania, Australia) is HORRENDOUS for Taylormade stuff. $700.00 for an off the shelf stock standard driver is too much, especially since the latest from Callaway and Titleist at my local Pro shop is around a couple of hundred bucks less...

Speaking of the Pro shop... they won't deal with Taylormade, too many products to support and the support FROM Taylormade is not good, or so I was told...

Even though their products are first class I get the feeling there is more buzz about 1 driver from Titleist than 2 from Taylormade, speaks for itself really... :) :pimp:

Cheers,

Potts

I just got the Corza. I like how I didn't really have to change my putting style to go to this thing from my ancient Ping Anser. The AGSI insert is less of a concern than I thought it would be, it has a nice metallic 'click' to it, but is softer than I'm used to. It's very forgiving and has enough feedback to tell me what I'm doing.

I had a R7 425 for a couple of weeks to test. The Asian spec has a 55 gram RE-AX in it. Although too light for my taste, it was a very solid shaft that withstood all but my hardest swings; at which point the ball just went LEFT! Didn't mess with it much after that, but I should've set the thing to 'fade' and just hit the heck out of it.

Sadly, the TP won't make it to our market; if I want one, it'll be coming out of Singapore.

I keep finding myself coming back to the TM drivers, everytime I put something else in the bag I see my scores start to go up and thats mainly what I go by.

I found their drivers to be the most consistent and I really like the LT iron series as well.

I will probably get some more of them as well, although i'm doing pretty well with the 735's as I like titleist irons as well.

I'm still on the bubble with not being sure if the 9.5 was the best one for me or the 10.5 but the tour van will be here in a few weeks and I will get checked to see which is better for me.

Right now I'm see very good results with the R7 tp 425cc and really like the shaft, you can really feel it staying there in the swing.

Love the r500 series TP drivers, currently playing a 9.5* 540xd TP w/ Diamana 83 and have a 10.5* 510tp w/ Iverx as a backup, personally not so hot on MWT series, just feel that the r500 series drivers have not been improved upon by TM yet. Of course other opinions may vary :cheesy:

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

I too am a big fan of TM. They straight converted me on their drivers, and could be fairly happy with a whole bag of TM (I doubt the putter would stay too, too long—but what putter really does? :cheesy: ). I didn’t see any reason to change to the R7 when it first came out as my R510TP did everything I wanted. Sadly, the driver’s been in the bag for better than 2 years, so might be time to put ‘er out to pasture, good thing TM’s got a steady supply of drivers to pick from!

beruo

:hi:

Joe, what do you and others think of the Re*ax shafts? Over the years, TM has put some good TM-spec shafts in their drivers, some real sleepers.

I'll tell you all why I like Taylor Made drivers, beside their being a good product with up-to-date technology and nice head shapes that fit my eye. I like them because they use the good old fashioned standard-bore hosel design, that can be bent if you need to have it done, by the best clubmakers with the most advanced equipment. I don't know how anybody can bend or adjust bore-thru or blind bore heads...