Scotty Cameron Classic Mini

nickpoz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also question why discussions like this (with more civility and respect) cannot be conducted at TCC. I wonder why a insignificant comment made can get a member banned at TCC.

The easy answer to that is: It's a corportate web site owned by Acushnet.

They pay for everything and use it to promote their products, which includes adding to the ownership experience by creating a fun and positive community of global Cameron owners. They don't want fighting, they don't want negativity, they don't want criticism. They have strict rules and enforce them accordingly.

Some people don't like that and claim that the "truth" is hidden and everything is too positive. Fine, everyone has other choices, they can come here or any number of independent golf forums and say whatever they want within the rules of each forum.

The moderators that got kicked off TCC were let go because they wanted to discuss other brands of putters. And they wanted to be able to call a Cameron head cover ugly. They wanted to be able to say the latest Cameron putter was a joke, it sucks, hate it, would never buy it, you're crazy to buy it, don't buy it, buy a Bettinardi instead, Scotty doesn't make the putters, Scotty doesn't make the shirts etc etc.

Well guess what, Acushnet and Scotty didn't want that. Feelings got hurt, privileged insider accounts were cut off, posts were deleted, COAs were rejected, law suits were threatened. So they started their own Puttertalk forum and added a private Scotty section that is hidden unless you're a member. They're pretty bitter about the whole Scotty Cameron experience. They back another brand of putters, and they're certainly going to be heavily biased in that direction. They play god with their moderator privileges, ban people who disagree with them, delete posts, they don't allow both sides of the argument to be heard. Sound familiar?

That's why I deleted my Puttertalk account, that's why I've never posted on TCC.

I am sure they would really like your style of posting, you know the non contributory, complain about everyone that has anything but glowing praises to say about Cameron, insult every putter maker there is, .....

So it's an insult to say I don't like the look of Bettinardi putters? Somehow it's a huge slam to say that I've never been a big fan of TP Mills since I saw them as Spalding putters in the 70's?

If this was an automobile forum I would say I don't like Volkswagons because I've had service problems with them in the past, Mercedes have a little too old of an image for me but I might buy one when I'm 65, Volvo's don't do much for me, the styling of Jaguars is too curvy. But I like BMWs because of the sporty image. Bugatti, no way I would ever pay $1 million for a car.

To me those are honest opinions that would NEVER cause me to be banned from the forum. Those aren't insults.

I also question why discussions like this (with more civility and respect) cannot be conducted at TCC. I wonder why a insignificant comment made can get a member banned at TCC.

The easy answer to that is: It's a corportate web site owned by Acushnet.

They pay for everything and use it to promote their products, which includes adding to the ownership experience by creating a fun and positive community of global Cameron owners. They don't want fighting, they don't want negativity, they don't want criticism. They have strict rules and enforce them accordingly.

Some people don't like that and claim that the "truth" is hidden and everything is too positive. Fine, everyone has other choices, they can come here or any number of independent golf forums and say whatever they want within the rules of each forum.

The moderators that got kicked off TCC were let go because they wanted to discuss other brands of putters. And they wanted to be able to call a Cameron head cover ugly. They wanted to be able to say the latest Cameron putter was a joke, it sucks, hate it, would never buy it, you're crazy to buy it, don't buy it, buy a Bettinardi instead, Scotty doesn't make the putters, Scotty doesn't make the shirts, Scotty is gay etc etc.

Well guess what, Acushnet and Scotty didn't want that. Feelings got hurt, privileged insider accounts were cut off, posts were deleted, COAs were rejected, law suits were threatened. So they started their own Puttertalk forum and added a private Scotty section that is hidden unless you're a member. They're pretty bitter about the whole Scotty Cameron experience. They back another brand of putters, and they're certainly going to be heavily biased in that direction. They play god with their moderator privileges, ban people who disagree with them, delete posts, they don't allow both sides of the argument to be heard. Sound familiar?

That's why I deleted my Puttertalk account, that's why I've never posted on TCC.

IMO, you got some of this correct. As to whether Acushnet owns TCC now or not is not known to me. It has been denied by Vog that Cameron has input into the direction that TCC takes, and Vog was adamant about that when I asked him.

PutterTalk was created when the original owner of TCC still owned it. Both sites were run concurrently. Some moderators that initially left TCC did so due to their own reasons, which I am not going to discuss. When ownership was transferred from the original owner to Vog, the moderators that had resigned returned while other moderators resigned their moderator positions at TCC. Some PT members were subsequently banned and no reasons were given. That is Vog's prerogative I suppose.

Yes, PutterTalk was created to discuss all putters, including Cameron putters since that board was created at the very beginning. Many of the original members of PutterTalk were already members of TCC. We all discussed Cameron putters mainly on TCC because none of the PT members were yet banned and TCC was, after all, a great place to discuss Cameron putters and items. However, under the new leadership the open discussion of Cameron products began to wane and a more controlled tone was set. As for PT, the Cameron board was always open to guests. That was until a recent thread a few months back when a very high number of guests were viewing the Cameron board and several TCC members chimed in causing a ruckus. PT is generally a very peaceful site and very little conflict arises there. However, the Cameron topic seems to spark conflict and has done so at PT, as well as here at GolfWRX.

Getting back to PT, membership is free so what is the harm in joining? There is little bitterness exhibited on PT but the truth is told, more-so than at TCC and people can chime in without fear of repercussions from the PT moderators. I know I watched what I said about Cameron products and Cameron on PT and GolfWRX when I was a member of TCC because I did not want to get banned for making a comment on another board. I definitely believe that the moderators and Administrator of TCC harbor bad feelings to anyone that speaks their mind that goes against the accepted rhetoric endorsed by Cameron. As for the moderators at PT, I have talked to some of them personally and do not agree with them on everything but I will say that the owner of PT and the moderators I have spoken with have treated me with the utmost respect and have befriended me. These gentlemen have been most kind to me and I appreciate that. They know I am not a putter collector and watch my spending. That does not matter to them. They have invited me to outings (of which I could not attend due to either work or other issues). Did they have to do that? No. They just did.

So paint your own picture of the owner of PT and the moderators and I will counter that in how I have been treated by them. People can paint some of the former TCC moderators who are now PT moderators in a negative light and I will counter that these gentlemen have treated me, a non-collector, as a family member. I know that I was not given the time of day by the moderators at TCC when I was a member, although I have had some interaction with a couple of TCC moderators since I was banned. One of the TCC moderators regularly posts here at GolfWRX and gets his fair share of "interesting" dialog. He gave me some advice on a personal issue I asked about a few months back and I appreciate his communication. While we may not see eye to eye regarding Cameron putters (in general) or how TCC operates, he has been kind to me during my post TCC days so I will continue friendly dialog with him,

That said, make sure you get your information correct regarding how PT was started and when. It is not my place to detail the history between TCC/PT and other things I have come to know. I will let the parties involved speak for themselves if they choose to do so. There are always two sides to every story and this is no different. Maybe there is a bit of truth to each side and maybe there is some distortion. All I know is that I am glad I am not in the center of issues pertaining to Cameron Collecting and Cameron goods. While the income may be great, the price to get there is too steep for me.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I think you know I was kidding about the Anser comment. I wanted to say "Newport copy" but thought that might be too much. :)

I really like the look of your putters and the adjustability. I've checked out your web sites a few times and almost pulled the trigger when you were having the Fathers Day promotion. I've just never had one in my hand to try out the feel, otherwise I'd probably own one right now.

OUCH! Thanks for throwing me under the bus, backing up, and running me over, blowing me up, flaming and torching me, all to make a point, on what would be ridiculous, IF you had done it. Thanks!

-Dave (married to my high school sweetheart with three wonderful kids)! Billings. LOL!

Sorry Dave, PM me and I'll buy one of your Anser copies.

Sorry, Biscuity, but I don't make anser copies! But, please do PM me if you are interested in a MACHINE! There are literally millions of unique custom options and combinations that you just can't get with any old copy, or even an original anser2 (or a newport2).....

Cheers,

-Dave

I am sure they would really like your style of posting, you know the non contributory, complain about everyone that has anything but glowing praises to say about Cameron, insult every putter maker there is, .....

So it's an insult to say I don't like the look of Bettinardi putters? Somehow it's a huge slam to say that I've never been a big fan of TP Mills since I saw them as Spalding putters in the 70's?

If this was an automobile forum I would say I don't like Volkswagons because I've had service problems with them in the past, Mercedes have a little too old of an image for me but I might buy one when I'm 65, Volvo's don't do much for me, the styling of Jaguars is too curvy. But I like BMWs because of the sporty image. Bugatti, no way I would ever pay $1 million for a car.

To me those are honest opinions that would NEVER cause me to be banned from the forum. Those aren't insults.

There is nothing wrong with you offering your opinion. So you think $100 is more than what a Mini is worth. So you do not like the looks of a Bettinardi putter or are not a fan of TP Mills. You like certain cars while not others. Yes, your honest opinion should never cause you from getting banned in any forum. However, how an opinion is conveyed definitely is worth looking into, especially when your opinion is stated as a retort to another opinion.

We have had our differences before, of all things a TP Mills putter. :D While I may not have agreed with you and vice-versa, we got past that issue. I support the fact that you should believe what you do, I also support that people have their beliefs as well. In the case of this thread, there is a person who has posted a lot of information that was learned when he was one of the largest collectors of Cameron putters and items. He was an insider, and I mean insider. He was in the inner circle then something changed. Maybe the question here is why the change. If people were to learn that then maybe that would change their opinion. However, as stated earlier, this is not my place to speak of these things. All I know is that his account, as well as several other people's account has change my view of the Cameron world.

End of blather. :)

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

I highly doubt that TCC is an Acushnet site. The only one that I know of is ScottyCameron.com and his blog. Last time I looked, I didn't see the Achusnet credit for the website and I can tell you from first hand experience how conservative they are. I have also seen the golfweb days when Puttermakers would fight themselves online. That never occurs now and they have supporters who carry on their causes. Its not a good or bad thing, its just how things are done to protect themselves and their image. I also was talking with Rand and Doug during the TCC move and history does become embellished over time.

Yahoo Scotty Cameron Fan Club

The Real Scotty Cameron Fan Club

TheCameronCollector

CameronCollector

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I was told that Scotty and Acushnet were interested in taking over the TCC site during that time. Whether VOG runs it without any Acushnet backing I don't know. But the bottom line is that TCC is dedicated to Cameron putters. Nothing else. That's fine with me. If Bob Bettinardi hosted his own forum I would completely understand it if he wanted it to be 100% about his putters with no drama and no petty arguments. I wouldn't bash him for his decision.

I was told that Scotty and Acushnet were interested in taking over the TCC site during that time. Whether VOG runs it without any Acushnet backing I don't know. But the bottom line is that TCC is dedicated to Cameron putters. Nothing else. That's fine with me. If Bob Bettinardi hosted his own forum I would completely understand it if he wanted it to be 100% about his putters with no drama and no petty arguments. I wouldn't bash him for his decision.

TCC was always going to remain a Cameron site. It was a disagreement between the parties in terms of vested interest. You are either with Scotty or Not.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

TCC was always going to remain a Cameron site. It was a disagreement between the parties in terms of vested interest. You are either with Scotty or Not.

Yes, that is definitely a correct assessment.

However, how an opinion is conveyed definitely is worth looking into, especially when your opinion is stated as a retort to another opinion.

True, but as I recall, my comments about those putters were an honest reply to a forceful question by one of the moderators about why I was posting exclusively in the Cameron forum. As if nobody would ever come to a forum and only be interested in one brand. They thought I was a TCC member coming in to stir things up. That was the wrong assumption on their part.

Ultimately, the attitude of the PT moderators and members was too biased and confrontational for my tastes, so I deleted my account. They subsequently banned my IP address (and the entire proxy IP range of everyone in the city where I live :) ) so they can technically say I was banned. I don't really care. Like you, I'm actually glad that I can't go back there.

He sent me his "insider" version of the TCC/PT story. I could see many instances where he had unrealistic expections and responded in ways that I would never do. If you've had experience in the corporate world you know the liabilty of having someone on your team who starts a conversation with the words "Complete BS". He appears to be heavily biased, which always raises a red flag for me.

In the case of this thread, there is a person who has posted a lot of information that was learned when he was one of the largest collectors of Cameron putters and items. He was an insider, and I mean insider. He was in the inner circle then something changed. Maybe the question here is why the change. If people were to learn that then maybe that would change their opinion. However, as stated earlier, this is not my place to speak of these things. All I know is that his account, as well as several other people's account has change my view of the Cameron world.

Actually this is the best thread I've read so far on anything about Scotty. True or untrue I am glad I have not bought into the Cameron collection B/S I am very happy with my yes putter Callie and at half the price of a Cameron it stil does the job. But by all means keep it rolling.

By the way I had a Circa #3 2005 model stamped with Sales Sample one of only 100 and still laugh at the person who bought it for double the RRP what posses grown men to collector $40,000 putters is beyond me.

What cracks me up is that it's perfectly OK for you guys (the Scotty Haters, not just you) to call a Newport a blatant copy of an Anser. You say it has no creativity and offer no improvements over the original design. But if anyone says the same thing about a Bettinardi/Mill/Machine then it becomes a "low blow".

I've really tried my best not to post in this thread, which, as anyone who knows me can attest, is not easy for me. LOL

Speaking for us though, I know even on our site, Dave state where he gets his inspirations from.

http://doglegright.com/letter.html

And now, in my putter design, I still study, practice and emulate the techniques and designs of our masters, including my industry heroes such as Karsten Solheim, T.P. Mills, Ray Cook, Scotty Cameron and many others. I want to pay homage to these pioneers in our special part of the game; I also always strive to put my own creative twists on my work, and hopefully add something to the art. I hope my passion for my work shows in each and every putter we make, whether a production model crafted at our Shop, to a personal hand finished ART putter that I make in my Garage.

However, how an opinion is conveyed definitely is worth looking into, especially when your opinion is stated as a retort to another opinion.

Ultimately, the attitude of the PT moderators and members was too biased and confrontational for my tastes, so I deleted my account. They subsequently banned my IP address (and the entire proxy IP range of everyone in the city where I live :) ) so they can technically say I was banned. I don't really care. Like you, I'm actually glad that I can't go back there.

Care to elaborate?

I joined GolfWRX sometime back when I was in bed for about six weeks recovering from surgery. I had read that it was a fun site and a much more positive site than another site called Bombsquad. And I had a lot of fun reading GolfWRX while I was healing. Later I joined BombSquad and found that it was really not all that negative of a site. Just recently I joined The Cameron Collector and have really had a blast leaning about the various Scotty Cameron putters, headcovers, etc. All and all I have had a really great experience learning from all three sites more about golf and golf clubs than I ever imagined......until this evening. Specifically, I came across this thread regarding a Cameron putter called the "Mini", and as I read this thread, I have concluded that I have never read more vicious and vindictive, and downright hateful comments made by a number of GolfWRX members. Until tonight, I thought this was a fun loving and relaxed site that operated in the spirit of the game and the gentlemen who play it. Not anymore. I am very disappointed in all of you who have posted such negative comments in this thread about fellow golfers. You should be ashamed. If golf is a gentleman's game, then a number of you on this thread don't need to be playing it.

I joined GolfWRX sometime back when I was in bed for about six weeks recovering from surgery. I had read that it was a fun site and a much more positive site than another site called Bombsquad. And I had a lot of fun reading GolfWRX while I was healing. Later I joined BombSquad and found that it was really not all that negative of a site. Just recently I joined The Cameron Collector and have really had a blast leaning about the various Scotty Cameron putters, headcovers, etc. All and all I have had a really great experience learning from all three sites more about golf and golf clubs than I ever imagined......until this evening. Specifically, I came across this thread regarding a Cameron putter called the "Mini", and as I read this thread, I have concluded that I have never read more vicious and vindictive, and downright hateful comments made by a number of GolfWRX members. Until tonight, I thought this was a fun loving and relaxed site that operated in the spirit of the game and the gentlemen who play it. Not anymore. I am very disappointed in all of you who have posted such negative comments in this thread about fellow golfers. You should be ashamed. If golf is a gentleman's game, then a number of you on this thread don't need to be playing it.

+1

I think the owners and marshalls should be complimented on letting the subject be explored. But it seems all the facts that are to be known are known, everyones opinions are posted and now the thread has become a mudslinging contest not about the original post at all, but about attacking individuals.

To the mods do you really want golfwrx's to become this new battleground?

You have a great site but maybe you let this go a little far.

Mr. Biscuity,

I hate to inform you, that your distaste for Mills putters has been compromised.

I'm not really interested in TP Mills, Bettinardi, Sunset Beach, Byron. I own several Pings, maybe I should post in there? I have an original Zebra from the 70's, a few Wilson 8813, and a few original Reuter Bullseyes,

T.P. was one of the designers of the Bullseye.

Jay Green

T.P. Mills Co.

OUCH! Thanks for throwing me under the bus, backing up, and running me over, blowing me up, flaming and torching me, all to make a point, on what would be ridiculous, IF you had done it. Thanks!

-Dave (married to my high school sweetheart with three wonderful kids)! Billings. LOL!

Sorry, Biscuity, but I don't make anser copies! But, please do PM me if you are interested in a MACHINE! There are literally millions of unique custom options and combinations that you just can't get with any old copy, or even an original anser2 (or a newport2).....

Cheers,

-Dave

WOW.

Dave, I applaud you for taking the high road. Well played. :good:

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

Dang dude that is a low blow. Why don't you invite Dave over to your house so you can drive over him some more in your car. How insulting I will buy one of your Anser copies, if I were Dave I wouldn't sell you one for twice the amount it costs. Sorry Dave that you have been trashed by this guy.

What cracks me up is that it's perfectly OK for you guys (the Scotty Haters, not just you) to call a Newport a blatant copy of an Anser. You say it has no creativity and offer no improvements over the original design. But if anyone says the same thing about a Bettinardi/Mill/Machine then it becomes a "low blow".

That double standard is why I'm posting on this thread. Not because I'm a blind Scotty fanatic. I have never posted on the TCC forum. I have never bought a new Cameron putter. I have a few SC beaters that are part of my collection of dozens of other putters that I've aquired while enjoying golf for the past 40 years. I own Pings, Bullseyes, Rife, Wilsons, Zebra, MacGregor, Odyssey. My last 6 rounds have been in the low/mid 70's. I have shot under par several times. I enjoy golf. I don't enjoy seeing people with obvious agendas attack a manufacturer using lies and rumors.

Double standard let’s see please find a post that I wrote where I said the Newport is a copy of the anser and not an original design and then proceeded to trash SC. You won't, what you will find is my disgust in the business practice, changing stories of SC and his market manipulation to keep up his collectors over priced putters. You will also see that I am disgusted as many are at the treatment of others on TCC. If SC was a stand up guy then I think that TCC would not have the problems it does, because it does it's plain to see that he doesn't care and obviously accepts it.

Ironically, you are not too far from the truth. If all this thread contained was photos of the mini, along with a history of it's development, a discussion of the actual quantities milled, and the feel/performance of the putter, it would be one of the greatest threads ever.

Unfortunately, what this thread also shows is how the purity of the game has been tainted by the almighty dollar. It shows that certain people could care less about the game, the equipment, and the traditions. They are consumed with money and don't care what the effect is to the game that we are all supposed to love.

It's a testament that this site has allowed this thread to stay open because it is providing information, despite some people's best attempts to squelch it. Even site sponsors are getting attacked and have to post in their defense because a few Word not allowedclowns don't want to hear information that may lower the value of their "investment." The greed shown from certain people in this thread disgusts me and TRULY represents everything that is wrong with the modern game.

Think about this: the story goes that these putters were GIFTS from Cameron to close friends to mark the celebration of their children. As a story, that is very heartfelt and touching. Were I to receive such a gift, I would truly appreciate such a unique present and cherish it second only to the child that it was made for. How could some heartless SOB take a personal gift like that and sell it? How did a putter like this ever make it into the open. Selling a gift is absolutely tacky. I wonder what someone was thinking when they sold something that represented a gift celebrating their family. All this because of the money. What should be a wonderful story is dirtied by monetary aspect.

I appreciate the additional knowledge that I have gained from this thread. I try to be a student of history and love to hear stories about how things were in "the good old days." As a result, I also enjoy a good mystery when a story just doesn't add up. Were only 5 really made? Were more intended to be given as future gifts? How can there be less than 5 when a putter is stamped 1/5?

I would hope that this thread continues to see contributions, as the information is excellent. It's a shame that people with ulterior motives are working to end it.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Mr. Biscuity,

I hate to inform you, that your distaste for Mills putters has been compromised.

I'm not really interested in TP Mills, Bettinardi, Sunset Beach, Byron. I own several Pings, maybe I should post in there? I have an original Zebra from the 70's, a few Wilson 8813, and a few original Reuter Bullseyes,

T.P. was one of the designers of the Bullseye.

Jay Green

T.P. Mills Co.

I now have an imagine of biscuity re-inacting the shower scene from "the Crying Game."

Very well said, Stage! This is one of the best posts of the thread!

Ironically, you are not too far from the truth. If all this thread contained was photos of the mini, along with a history of it's development, a discussion of the actual quantities milled, and the feel/performance of the putter, it would be one of the greatest threads ever.

Unfortunately, what this thread also shows is how the purity of the game has been tainted by the almighty dollar. It shows that certain people could care less about the game, the equipment, and the traditions. They are consumed with money and don't care what the effect is to the game that we are all supposed to love.

It's a testament that this site has allowed this thread to stay open because it is providing information, despite some people's best attempts to squelch it. Even site sponsors are getting attacked and have to post in their defense because a few Word not allowedclowns don't want to hear information that may lower the value of their "investment." The greed shown from certain people in this thread disgusts me and TRULY represents everything that is wrong with the modern game.

Think about this: the story goes that these putters were GIFTS from Cameron to close friends to mark the celebration of their children. As a story, that is very heartfelt and touching. Were I to receive such a gift, I would truly appreciate such a unique present and cherish it second only to the child that it was made for. How could some heartless SOB take a personal gift like that and sell it? How did a putter like this ever make it into the open. Selling a gift is absolutely tacky. I wonder what someone was thinking when they sold something that represented a gift celebrating their family. All this because of the money. What should be a wonderful story is dirtied by monetary aspect.

I appreciate the additional knowledge that I have gained from this thread. I try to be a student of history and love to hear stories about how things were in "the good old days." As a result, I also enjoy a good mystery when a story just doesn't add up. Were only 5 really made? Were more intended to be given as future gifts? How can there be less than 5 when a putter is stamped 1/5?

I would hope that this thread continues to see contributions, as the information is excellent. It's a shame that people with ulterior motives are working to end it.

Its great that you were able to get some enjoyment from WRX and other sites during your surgery, but I think you are maybe just getting a little emotional about this thread. People argue and kick and scream about all types of things.....not just putters and that is never really going to change. It is just the way it is going to always be. So I really think it is pretty easy....if you see a thread that starts to make you feel uneasy......DON'T READ IT ANYMORE.

I highly doubt that TCC is an Acushnet site. The only one that I know of is ScottyCameron.com and his blog. Last time I looked, I didn't see the Achusnet credit for the website and I can tell you from first hand experience how conservative they are. I have also seen the golfweb days when Puttermakers would fight themselves online. That never occurs now and they have supporters who carry on their causes. Its not a good or bad thing, its just how things are done to protect themselves and their image. I also was talking with Rand and Doug during the TCC move and history does become embellished over time.

TheCameronCollector

CameronCollector

You can see for yourself who registered the site...

http://whois.domaintools.com/thecameroncollector.com

TheCameronCollector

CameronCollector

You can see for yourself who registered the site...

http://whois.domaintools.com/thecameroncollector.com

And IIRC, Rand Pallis, an SC authorized distributor (AOP), provides the server space. At least that's the way it was at one time after the site was transferred from Doug to Vog.

Kevin

stage, You are often the voice of reason in many of these debates and once again you got it right with this reply.

foregasim, Thank you for continuing to bring so many of the cold hard facts to the surface for all of us to digest for ourselves. The truth must be told and we should all be happy guys like you that know the truth, are willing to pass it along.

I just wanted to echo these comments and thank stage and foregasim for their contributions to one of the best threads ever anywhere.

I also wanted to added that if it isn't already foregasim's avatar neededs to be made into a head cover...

:good: