2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Puppetmaster WITB & Course Pictures

The TEE 3iis the deadliest club in my bag. Beat stick off the tee, great second shot club on par fives, and will even come in high and hold greens.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1406502416' post='9797285']
The TEE 3iis the deadliest club in my bag. Beat stick off the tee, great second shot club on par fives, and will even come in high and hold greens.
[/quote]

Agree with this for sure. The TEE 3-iron is so good off the tee and deck, I can now just carry an 18* DHy for tee use only if I need to squeeze out a few more yards without hitting driver or 3W. The 3-iron was one of the clubs I re-gripped today, put in a GP Z Cord with two extra layers of tape, which means it has earned more time in the bag. :D

On another note, I put a midsize Tacki Mac wrap on the ATV wedge, just to change the way it feels a little and will see if that improves things.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='RPVL' timestamp='1406495056' post='9796535']
Ha ha, I always use the kitchen ;) So familiar.
[/quote]

I would prefer to use the kitchen, but our counters don't have anywhere for me to clamp the vise down. I'd have done it in the garage if it wasn't so hot here in the summer. Either way, I took care not to make too big of a mess with the solvent, and cleaned up pretty well after I was done.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1406505621' post='9797643']
[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1406502416' post='9797285']
[/quote]

Agree with this for sure. The TEE 3-iron is so good off the tee and deck, I can now just carry an 18* DHy for tee use only if I need to squeeze out a few more yards without hitting driver or 3W. The 3-iron was one of the clubs I re-gripped today, put in a GP Z Cord with two extra layers of tape, which means it has earned more time in the bag. :D

On another note, I put a midsize Tacki Mac wrap on the ATV wedge, just to change the way it feels a little and will see if that improves things.
[/quote]

Straying from #datcord. I am dissapoint.

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1406548902' post='9799937']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1406505621' post='9797643']
[/quote]

Straying from #datcord. I am dissapoint.
[/quote]

I know, but I didn't want to waste a good cord grip on a club that may be reshafted or sold. The Z Cords I have in the DHy, and now TEE 3i, are pretty solid grips, even if they're no Tour Wrap Cords. :)

Toulon Palm Beach

After a few rounds of absolutely awful golf (on nice courses too), some equipment updates:[list=1]
[*]DI-7x in the driver, but Tour Blue, Fubuki K, Matrix 6Q3 out.
[*]CB5 3W unchanged.
[*]DHy is out (for now) but I was able to bring the trusty Adams A12 with Diamana Thump back in to salvage a few good shots.
[*]TEE Pro-H 3-iron is so in right now. Heck, I should buy the whole darn set of these.
[*]J40 DPC unchanged.
[*]Wedges were the bane of my golf trip, but I just need to knuckle down, practice, and see a shrink. However, the TM ATV 60* is likely heading for the BST/eBay, the old Jaws 60* just suits me better.
[*]Putting was horrendous outside 10 feet, but due my inability to adjust to fast(er) greens, even over 4 rounds. I really need practice time on fast greens more than anything.
[/list]

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1407172571' post='9854541']
TEE Pro-H 3-iron is so in right now. Heck, I should buy the whole darn set of these.
[/quote]
+1

I've considered ...

Taylormade TP5

[quote name='QMany' timestamp='1407187650' post='9856781']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1407172571' post='9854541']
TEE Pro-H 3-iron is so in right now. Heck, I should buy the whole darn set of these.
[/quote]
+1

I've considered ...
[/quote]

I think I'm at least getting either the 2- or 4-iron now... and the EyeLine mirror.

Toulon Palm Beach

• 2 weeks later...

Going to take some old friends out for a round or two for a change. These X-Protos were built for me and still feel "right". Hope to get the same done with the DPC over the winter, unless I get tempted by something else, which isn't out of the question, i.e. B'stone J15, Mizuno 850 Forged, TM MC (2014), Srixon 545/745, etc.

14729146187_8d6a1c107f_b.jpg

Cobra BC Pro 8.5*, Graphite Design DI-7x

TEE CB5 15*, Fujikura Rombax P95 X

TEE CB Pro-h 21*, KBS Tour S

Callaway X-Proto 4-PW, DG X100

Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, X Jaws 60*, DG S400

Odyssey Tank Cruiser 330M

Toulon Palm Beach

love it man
never played those but a good buddy did and hammered them
they look amazing

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

I've always loved the look of those, but I've never had the chance to stripe them.

Taylormade TP5

Well, it seems I forgot how sweet these X-Protos are, it was definitely nice giving them a spin again. Except the few times I hit them a little thin, LOL. Those shots reminded me why I switched to CB/DPC type irons.

In terms of putting, the Eyeline mirror has noticeably helped my putting; I hit most of my putts flush with great roll yesterday and made some solid ones inside 8 feet. The misses weren't far off or were just nasty pulls that no training aid would have been able to help. Practicing with my eyes over the ball really helped my alignment and just setting up with the ball in the middle of the face. I know, DUH, but my eyes were inside the ball and I was addressing with the ball above the sweet spot, toward the toe a touch, partly because the toe sits off the ground. Now it looks to me like I'm addressing it off the heel a little but the ball is in between the dual lines of the 330M when viewed from both in front and behind the putter head (had my son snap some pictures for me), so I still need to get used to that. And maybe bend the putter flat a couple degrees. Huge thank you to QMany who recommended trying the mirror and who has also posted several comments about it on here.

Wedge play was still iffy inside 50 yards and around the greens, but the 50-100 range was better with a slight change in technique, basically reducing my tendency to be overly wristy. It was also eye-opening how much spin these non-conforming X-Forged wedges have compared to my CC Vokeys. I guess I didn't notice the spin difference as much rotating between a conforming and non-conforming 60 deg wedge because I don't really take big swings with the 60* and there's not that big a difference around the greens. But on long wedge shots, all I can say is [i]dayum[/i], those OG MD grooves really put a hurting on that ball. Guess I never really appreciated that the years I played with them until I switched to the Vokeys, which I thought spun plenty still. I might have to keep these in the bag for a bit longer now.

Toulon Palm Beach

my buddy still plays those and can spin it out of the rough like 6feet
its no wonder they changed the rules!!! LOL!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='enis750' timestamp='1408108011' post='9939985']
my buddy still plays those and can spin it out of the rough like 6feet
its no wonder they changed the rules!!! LOL!
[/quote]

I meant to post this a while ago but I had a great round with the old X-Forged wedges back in the bag, and not solely because of the spin, they just felt right and familiar. As much as I prefer the look of my 200 Series Vokeys, there's something about the weight and balance of these I love, even though the Vokeys have the same S400 shafts. The issue now is distance gaps, because by carrying a 52*, I need a PW or something between my 9-iron and 52*. Might consider bending the 52* to 50* and the 56* to 55*. My 250.06 and 254.10 were the perfect distance gaps from the 9-iron down. I'd rather not have to carry four wedges if possible. Or I'll just deal and carry a PW so as to not mess with the X-Forged at all. First world golf nerd problems right?

Toulon Palm Beach

Sorry to hear about the quick death of the TM ATV 60*! It seemed you were optimistic at the start. Glad you had some back ups wait to come to the rescue!!

I have to get one of the putting mirrors. I noticed as the summer has progressed, all of my alignments, though the bag, are off a bit. Putting is no exception. Have to get back to some basics.

Great looking bag as always

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1410016347' post='10074985']
Sorry to hear about the quick death of the TM ATV 60*! It seemed you were optimistic at the start. Glad you had some back ups wait to come to the rescue!!

I have to get one of the putting mirrors. I noticed as the summer has progressed, all of my alignments, though the bag, are off a bit. Putting is no exception. Have to get back to some basics.

Great looking bag as always
[/quote]

Thanks, Ed. Actually, the ATV 60* is alive and well. I only switched the other two wedges out, the ATV and the Jaws have been splitting time. There is something about the ATV that I really like, and I can use it effectively around the greens, I just need more practice with it further out from 30-60 yards.

The Eyeline mirror has made a huge difference, I cannot stress how much more comfortable and well-aligned I feel now. I've basically practiced with the mirror and picked some reference points to help me set up when the mirror isn't there. For example, when I'm standing over the ball, I can see the bottom of the putter grip at the same spot, or as close to it, "inside" my left instep. From there it's just a matter of hitting the putt, and it's been working really well.

Toulon Palm Beach

Great to hear the ATV is hanging in there.

I have to get something that gives me those reference points. Something that I can go back to if I don't feel comfortable. For the putting stroke and full swing. I sometimes get to faraway and too wide in my stance. One thing to be stable, another thing to hinder weight shift.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Well this happened, haha. I still love the original X Forged wedges and found this vintage finish 60 in great shape for a killer deal. I feel bad for the ATV, it's not getting a fair chance for how good of a wedge it is.

Toulon Palm Beach

That 60.10 c grind in the raw finish is the best lob wedge I've had. The grind was perfect and the spin was unmatched. I've been trying to work in the conforming wedges though. The SM5 60.04 is the closest thing I've found that's conforming to the spin and versatility of the Xforged 60.10. I haven't tried the new T grind MD2's though. All the original grinds had too much bounce for me.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1410636159' post='10112353']
Puppet, I'm gonna buy that PM PT-82 off you one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

The PT-82 was sold years ago, I think you mean the replica PM putter right? No chance of that happening for a while. I'm still dreaming I might be able to meet Phil one day and have him autograph the putter somehow to make things complete. :)

Toulon Palm Beach

• 4 weeks later...

Puppet,
I'm a fan of your WITB. Love to see the older models like the RHT Driver & DET 3 wood.
But you have to help me out here. In your pic of "The Mallets" (Odyssey) on the first page, I can't figure out which model the first one in line is.
I know the Protype #7 & the V-Line, .... is it the White Damaskus ix 330M ?

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

Thanks!

That's a Japanese market White Ice IX #5 CH (crank hosel). Really nice putter that was 33", 355 or 360 gram head weight, with the Odyssey paddle grip. I just didn't like the feel of the White Ice insert. Wish it came in a White Hot or even just milled face.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1413384219' post='10291813']
Thanks!

That's a Japanese market White Ice IX #5 CH (crank hosel). Really nice putter that was 33", 355 or 360 gram head weight, with the Odyssey paddle grip. I just didn't like the feel of the White Ice insert. Wish it came in a White Hot or even just milled face.
[/quote]

Lovin the Protos and your bag, are you looking at the new bridgestone line up?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Thanks!

[/quote]

I knew it must have been something like that. Because I looked at all the lines over and over and could not find that head style with that hosel.
All the number #5's I've seen had the bended shaft. I'm a Callaway/Odyssey fan. I've been using the WHP V-Line for the most part, but have a Protype #2
when I want to change up a bit. Just picked up a pristine Protype # 7....just came in today actually. Looking forward to giving it a roll.

Callaway Paradym 9* (N/+1) GD Tour AD DI 5/ Epic Speed 9* (N/+1) Ventus Red VeloCore 5
Callaway Epic Speed 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65 

Callaway Epic Max 18* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75  
Callaway Rogue ST Pro hybrid 23* KBS Prototype 75 or Apex UT 24* KBS Prototype 85
Callaway Mavrik Pro KBS TGI 6-PW 
Callaway MD3 46*/8* & 50*/10* 
Callaway Jaws Raw 54*/10*S & 58*/8*Z grind 
Odyssey Two Ball Ten Tour Lined Limited Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Flatso 1.0 or

Odyssey 5k Tri Hot #2 Stroke Lab SS Zenergy Pistol Tour

[quote name='drbonesvt' timestamp='1413438125' post='10297709']
Thanks!

[/quote]

Lovin the Protos and your bag, are you looking at the new bridgestone line up?
[/quote]

Thanks. Between the X-Protos and J40 DPC, I think I have more than enough to keep me busy deciding, but I do really like the 2014 TM MC in terms of how forgiving they are. If I get anything "new" I would dump the J40 for those, maybe with some MB short irons.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='jgolf215' timestamp='1413509306' post='10302693']
Thanks!

[/quote]

I knew it must have been something like that. Because I looked at all the lines over and over and could not find that head style with that hosel.
All the number #5's I've seen had the bended shaft. I'm a Callaway/Odyssey fan. I've been using the WHP V-Line for the most part, but have a Protype #3
when I want to change up a bit. Just picked up a pristine Protype # 7....just came in today actually. Looking forward to giving it a roll.
[/quote]

The ProType 7 is excellent, hope it works out well for you. I had a V-Line last year and for me, it is one of the easiest putters to line up ever.

Toulon Palm Beach

Do you have a place to hit in the winter? After I get back from Bandon, I would be happy to send an 8i MB and 7iMC for you to test.

Taylormade TP5