Best Blade Irons Ever

TheSecondZ

Of those on your list:

(I wouldn't choose any of those shafts, but for argument sake I'd do S300/100)

I currently game the Miura TBs. Very workable, easily can dial in any flight/spin. I've tried 2 different sets of KBS Tours in em, but gave up on them. The KBS ain't all that and a bag of chips. After pulling out that junk I was fixin to put in a set of Apex 4s 'til I found Nippon 1150 Tours.

'05 TM TPs are nice, but nothing special. Still got a set with TC S3s, but prolly gonna get rid of em.

MP100s (if you can get over that top line), the 33/100s were the last of the good ones. Once they began screwin around with the muscle, they started to suck. S 300s in mine, better than KBS but that's about it. They are a very, very solid iron. I need to play them more, but they're 3rd behind the Redlines.

Of the other blades I have:

Hogan Redlines are the easiest to hit, they oughta be classified as CBs. I just like the Apex 4 shaft.

Apex II Cameos, have the most rewarding but most difficult sweet spot to hit.

Golden Ram Tour Grinds are the sexiest and coupled with the Brunswick FM 6.5 shafts......just a delight. Played my best golf with them back in the balata days. Why I still have a brand new set.

Of those on your list I once had/hit:

Vegas are absolute cannons, but not as workable. Scratch, look like Vegas, ok clubs.

Don't do the other OEMs on your list.

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

[quote name='glfpunk' timestamp='1306794538' post='3273178']
[quote name='jimjc' timestamp='1306792830' post='3273134']
Wilsons or Hogans of the 60/70`s [b]of coarse the new guys don`t have the game to play them....[/b]Best to stick with Muzos...........Jim
[/quote]

Lol. The new guys put the old guys to shame in regards to ability.
[/quote]

You`re in dreamland...buy thats ok...you need that....I took a set of Hogan Apex2`s to the club sometime back and 2 fellas who played...blades couldn't hit the 5 iron or longer worth a s----they couldn't believe people played them....Lets see you play courses that are easier to play [ just a bit longer] blades that are as forgiving as GI irons used to be.... super duper custom made balls....Toasters sized drivers and woods and putters that look like Star Trek....the highest MOI in every club....unbelievable shafts and the handis of tour players and elite players haven`t improved.....AND YOU SAY WHAT... YOU HAVE MORE ABILITY...GIVE ME A BREAK ....Of coarse you you failed to tell me that you MUST BE TALKING about having more ability on the Internet...RIGHT...:cheesy: Jim

Mizuno's 29's and 33's were my favorites from your list....... However, Callaway's X Prototypes [not listed] are easily the most enjoyable and playable muscle back [3 thru PW] to hit the market in the last 15 years.

As far a shafts go, I prefer the Royal Precision Rifles over the others you've listed.

[quote name='Ionsachop' timestamp='1273122239' post='2424448']
No love for the Callaway X-Prototypes? I have heard a lot of good things about them.

My personal favorite is the Mizuno MP-32, the true modern blade iron imo.
[/quote]
+1 on the MP32s. I just got a set and threw some Nippon 950GH shafts in them. They feel amazing and are very accurate.

Taylormade M1 10.5* with Diamana Whiteboard S 70g shaft
Titleist 917 D2 3 wood with a Diamana 70 5ct S shaft
Ping Anser 20* hybrid,
Ping Anser 23* hybrid,
Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW with KBS Tour 120 stiff shafts
50*, 54* & 60* Titleist SM6 wedges
Byron Morgan DH89 SS with Super Stroke 1.0 grip

[quote name='jimjc' timestamp='1306802501' post='3273432']
Wilsons or Hogans of the 60/70`s [b]of coarse the new guys don`t have the game to play them....[/b]Best to stick with Muzos...........Jim
[/quote]

[/quote]

You`re in dreamland...buy thats ok...you need that....I took a set of Hogan Apex2`s to the club sometime back and 2 fellas who played...blades couldn't hit the 5 iron or longer worth a s----they couldn't believe people played them....Lets see you play courses that are easier to play [ just a bit longer] blades that are as forgiving as GI irons used to be.... super duper custom made balls....Toasters sized drivers and woods and putters that look like Star Trek....the highest MOI in every club....unbelievable shafts and the handis of tour players and elite players haven`t improved.....AND YOU SAY WHAT... YOU HAVE MORE ABILITY...GIVE ME A BREAK ....Of coarse you you failed to tell me that you MUST BE TALKING about having more ability on the Internet...RIGHT...:cheesy: Jim
[/quote]

TFF. You forgot to mention that the (wooden) 3w we used to play were the size of todays hybrids. I still have a couple-three S2H2s and have been tempted to use them as hybrids.....

JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R // Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow. Let's just ignore the fact that the human body today is a higher performing machine than it was in the 60's and 70's and ignore the fact that today's players are more athletic, flexible, in better shape, and take much better care of their bodies than guys back then. What today's players have is access to an unlimited stream of information from this crazy thing called the internet and also much much easier avenues to be able to play and practice with more regularity. Whenever there's a question in any sport of yesterday or today, the answer is undoubtedly always today. People always want to reminisce about the good ol' days, they just fail to remember that they were never that good. I'm so glad you did your little experiment with two guys at your club. I'm sure they're an accurate representation of the entire modern golf world as was the single club you brought to the decade it came from.

I'm only 31, but back when I was 15 I stayed at my uncle's place down in NC with my dad for a week that summer. I had only been playing for less than two years at that point and didn't bring my clubs. They wanted to play one day so I had to borrow a set of Hogan Apex blades that were in his garage that were very old. I shot 91 which for me was awesome at the time.

It's a pretty ridiculous proposition to say that in a tougher time and much less ideal time to be a golfer, that golfers were better equipped at being able to groove a more repetitive swing than today's player but for some reason that knowledge was never passed along and thus yesterdays golfer is always better. It's a golf swing. It starts at the ground, turns around your body, and meets back and through the golf ball. There weren't any secrets of it that died with yesterday's generation. Lol. Doesn't that sound ridiculous. I mean, I get it, people always want to think that their time was the best time for some reason but it wasn't. Today's guy is better. Tomorrow's guy is going to be better than today's. That's just the way it is.

[quote name='Swoosh-Thud' timestamp='1306806625' post='3273619']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

TFF. You forgot to mention that the (wooden) 3w we used to play were the size of todays hybrids. I still have a couple-three S2H2s and have been tempted to use them as hybrids.....
[/quote]

Your right...not only were they wooden and small they had steel shafts no graphite back then...one set I used to play a set of Hogans....I played them for years remember when you had to send them off to get refinished or rewipped.... They talk about how these new drivers feel now.....None of them have hit..... a good persimmon with a balata ball...what a wonderful feel and sound.....The wooden heads had more bulge and roll and would help but to get a good drive you had to hit it right on the screws....I love to see some of these guys hit those drivers with the old balls...they would never be in the fairway...never....And these new courses wide open....I played the old treee linrd clubs and if you didn`t hit it straight you had no shot out but a chip out....Oh well that was then...Jim

glfpunk....says....
Wow. Let's just ignore the fact that the human body today is a higher performing machine than it was in the 60's and 70's and ignore the fact that today's players are more athletic, flexible, in better shape, and take much better care of their bodies than guys back then.[b]And as we are now seeing regularly they are "taking drugs to do it"...plus the food today is full of every known chemical and steroids...with cancer souring ....huh better health..as Isaid you guys are in dreamland ...Jim[/b]
What today's players have is access to an unlimited stream of information from this crazy thing called the internet and also much much easier avenues to be able to play and practice with more regularity. Whenever there's a question in any sport of yesterday or today, the answer is undoubtedly always today. People always want to reminisce about the good ol' days, they just fail to remember that they were never that good.
[b]Your right the times were tougher to play back then in every measure...but guess what the SCORES TODAY HAVEN`T IMPROVED not for the TOUR or the amateur...even in light of all your so called advancments...Jim[/b]
I'm so glad you did your little experiment with two guys at your club. I'm sure they're an accurate representation of the entire modern golf world as was the single club you brought to the decade it came from....[b]I just said that because everyone here likes these anecdotal examples....as dumb as they are in this case it`s TRUE representation of todays young golfer..Jim

Your`re in better shape... tell that to the increasing numbers of tour players in their 20/30`s that are injured on and off all the time and can`t play...or are they just saying it because they are playing lousy and don`t want it on the record....Jim[/b]

I'm only 31, but back when I was 15 I stayed at my uncle's place down in NC with my dad for a week that summer. I had only been playing for less than two years at that point and didn't bring my clubs. They wanted to play one day so I had to borrow a set of Hogan Apex blades that were in his garage that were very old. I shot 91 which for me was awesome at the time. [b]Oh I see it`s all right for you to use anecdotal examples huh...Jim[/b]

It's a pretty ridiculous proposition to say that in a tougher time and much less ideal time to be a golfer, that golfers were better equipped at being able to groove a more repetitive swing than today's player
[b]It takes a very grooved swing to play the TRUE BLADES OF THE 60`s and play 1 and 2 irons....these new guys dont have the grooved swing you keep talking about....they play hybrids for long irons....they cant hit GI irons any more so your arguement is BS Everyone one of them are going thru swing changes all the time....who says they have grooved swings....you dreamers do...Jim
[/b]but for some reason that knowledge was never passed along and thus yesterdays golfer is always better. It's a golf swing. It starts at the ground, turns around your body, and meets back and through the golf ball. There weren't any secrets of it that died with yesterday's generation. Lol. Doesn't that sound ridiculous.
[b]No.... secrets didn`t die...[/b] [b]you now have a bunch that didn`t learn... they want GI clubs and balls to replace that something that has been lost...Jim[/b]
I mean, I get it, people always want to think that their time was the best time for some reason but it wasn't. Today's guy is better. Tomorrow's guy is going to be better than today's.[b]Yep there will probably be some new drugs to use....Jim[/b] That's just the way it is.

[b]In closing:....Lets see... you say the players of today are[/b] [b]healthier yet every disease is on a very big rise and our bodies are full of chemicals and steroids of every kind...and you say that today's body is a better performing machine but we now know the guys are using drugs to do it in EVERY SPORT...And since tiger is falling out of grace there's going to be a big bomb dropping... performance enhancing drugs....OH I`m not the first to say it...Jim

So if what you say is correct then those old players that played with no tech clubs and balls... on old ruff tougher courses compared to todays courses.... with no support other than their swing coaches making and whopping $4000 to win a event...ON AND ON AND ON......If all you say is correct ..................................
Then why haven`t the "AVERAGE SCORE IMPROVED" OF THESE FABALOUS NEW SUPER DUPER SUPERMAN GOLFERS OVER THOSE OLD FLAWED GUYS OF THE 50/60`S...........I`ll tell you because you are dreaming and what you say is simply not true and BS made up to pamper the millionaire athletics of today....Baseball ' drugs...Football and drugs....Basketball and drugs...Running and drugs.....Cycling and drugs...and soon we will find out golf and drugs....So take away the drugs..take away..hi tech clubs...and manicured courses....take the millions out of sports and what do you have...a bunch of pampered sissy's that can`t play to the standards set back in the 60`s....it`s just that simple....Jim

PS...remember.. just because something keeps being repeated doesn't make it true....You guys need to come up with something else the BS just doesn`t work once you stop the hype...Jim[/b]

[/quote

Wow. That is pretty horrendous.

[color=#1C2837][size=2][quote][b]In closing:....Lets see... you say the players of today are[/b] [b]healthier yet every disease is on a very big rise and our bodies are full of chemicals and steroids of every kind...and you say that today's body is a better performing machine but we now know the guys are using drugs to do it in EVERY SPORT...And since tiger is falling out of grace there's going to be a big bomb dropping... performance enhancing drugs....OH I`m not the first to say it...Jim[/b][/quote][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]This is the most awesome response ever. I've never seen someone argue so steadfast against cold hard facts before. Facts could slap you over the head and you're apparently still going to argue with them. Today's human is bigger(not an opinion, we are taller), faster(also not an opinion, look at the world records), and stronger(see the previous two). You want to bring up disease, chemicals, and steroids as some sort of argument in your favor. You're arguing with facts. Today's human lives longer, you can't argue with it. And lol at the disease thing. People back then had to worry about friggin polio and smallpox. [/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]So "in closing" lol, it's obvious that you're hanging onto the glory days by the thinnest of threads. When you talk about handicaps and why today's players don't have lower handicaps etc., you fail to mention the completely different world that exists today. Do you think golf is a little bit bigger than it used to be? And maybe a little easier and streamlined in getting an official USGA handicap? I'd say so. Forty or fifty years ago you either played golf or you didn't. Today, there's the opportunity for so many more people to easily play the game whether they want to play competitively and constantly improve or just to go out for 18 holes a handful of times a year to drink with their buddies. And you also like to mention advancements in technology while failing to mention the drastic increase in course length and difficulty. I honestly don't know why I replied because you didn't make any valid points whatsoever and I have a feeling that regardless of whatever facts might be in front of you, you're just going to hold onto those good ol days with all your might. [/size][/color]

In the 60's and 70's people smoked cigarettes and didn't think they did any harm to themselves. Different times and a silly argument on both ends. Both sides have valid points.

Mp32's have my vote.

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[b]Too much free time[/b]-- the apparent cause of some threads on wrx.

Today's blades are relatively easy to hit. They are fun. Once you match your swing to the COG and low offset, you'll find yourself swinging better.

My MP68s are easier to hit than your Armour 845s.

Now turn off the [b]BOLD[/b] and go hit some balls!

If you evaluate designs from the last 100 years....and try to find a club that has roots similar to designs in each individual decade....you will have a MP-14 in your left hand and a MP-33 in your right. Without question MIZUNO deserves the award for the best irons golfers have ever been privelaged to swing. If you've never "become one" with a set of MIZUNO irons....you will have no idea what I'm talking about.

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

funny, I am 52 and have a set of Hogan Apex II in apex 3 shafts on the way. I bet they are as lovely as I believe and as impossible to hit as some have said. HA! I can't wait. I played both redlines and still have my PCs and used them all for many many years, others hogans as well. mostly loved the hogan sweet spot.

I also love mizunos sweet spot. i find I hit the mp67s better than the mp32s, and I may be the only guy in the world who says that it seems. could be the shaft difference.
mp32s are dgs300, mp67s are rifle 5.0...

I also love most of the blade titleist offerings Ive hit, just great most of the time.

lastly, wilson played a role for me in the 70s. I dont think I was good enough then to appreciate them. they were hard to hit on that sweet spot. fluid feel. but i think when you talk about blades and 'best' they have to be right at the top of the list as they dominated pro golf for decades..

as far as old guys being better than the newer guys, one thing...they always talk about the new equipment, but remember too, the greens are faster - much faster...but that may not be such a huindrence as I do putt alot better on fast hard greens than the lumpy, slow soft ones I saw in the 60's (tv) and 70's...

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

[quote name='Jack Pearsall' timestamp='1306889023' post='3276102']
funny, I am 52 and have a set of Hogan Apex II in apex 3 shafts on the way. I bet they are as lovely as I believe and as impossible to hit as some have said. HA! I can't wait. I played both redlines and still have my PCs and used them all for many many years, others hogans as well. mostly loved the hogan sweet spot.

I also love mizunos sweet spot. i find I hit the mp67s better than the mp32s, and I may be the only guy in the world who says that it seems. could be the shaft difference.
mp32s are dgs300, mp67s are rifle 5.0...

I also love most of the blade titleist offerings Ive hit, just great most of the time.

lastly, wilson played a role for me in the 70s. I dont think I was good enough then to appreciate them. they were hard to hit on that sweet spot. fluid feel. but i think when you talk about blades and 'best' they have to be right at the top of the list as they dominated pro golf for decades..

as far as old guys being better than the newer guys, one thing...they always talk about the new equipment, but remember too, the greens are faster - much faster...but that may not be such a huindrence as I do putt alot better on fast hard greens than the lumpy, slow soft ones I saw in the 60's (tv) and 70's...
[/quote]
Hogan Apex Redlines would be my pick. :drinks:

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

[quote name='glfpunk' timestamp='1306883588' post='3275908']

[color="#1c2837"][size="2"][quote][b]In closing:....Lets see... you say the players of today are[/b] [b]healthier yet every disease is on a very big rise and our bodies are full of chemicals and steroids of every kind...and you say that today's body is a better performing machine but we now know the guys are using drugs to do it in EVERY SPORT...And since tiger is falling out of grace there's going to be a big bomb dropping... performance enhancing drugs....OH I`m not the first to say it...Jim[/b][/quote][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#1c2837"] [/color]
[color="#1c2837"][size="2"]This is the most awesome response ever. I've never seen someone argue so steadfast against cold hard facts before. Facts could slap you over the head and you're apparently still going to argue with them. Today's human is bigger(not an opinion, we are taller), faster(also not an opinion, look at the world records[b])First very few records are being broken by Americans and many of the ones broken are taken back for drug use...look for L. Armstrong to lose his also....yes you are taller and you guys use drugs to break the few records you break because you`re not capable of doing it without drugs...[/b] stronger(see the previous two[b])Power lifting records are almost solely steroid and growth Hormone induced there not worth talking about so much for your strength arguement.......[/b]You want to bring up disease, chemicals, and steroids as some sort of argument in your favor. You're arguing with facts. Today's human lives longer, you can't argue with it. [b]A PERSON BORN IN 1991 lives 3 1/2 years longer than one born in 1951...Social Security has all the facts on life expectancy[/b] And lol at the disease thing. People back then had to worry about friggin polio and smallpox.[b]Your the guy that says how healthy you guys are...You live a few years longer...whippy dippy do...your generation are all about drugs making up for you inability to perform...jim[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#1c2837"] [/color]
[color="#1c2837"][size="2"]So "in closing" lol, it's obvious that you're hanging onto the glory days by the thinnest of threads. When you talk about handicaps and why today's players don't have lower handicaps etc., you fail to mention the completely different world that exists today.[b]No I know what exists... drugs to perform...easy to hit clubs and balls...and no decrease in[/b] [b]the average tour and amateur scores...those ARE THE FACTS[/b] Do you think golf is a little bit bigger than it used to be? [b]Who cares how big it is that has nothing to do with what this is about [/b]And maybe a little easier and streamlined in getting an official USGA handicap? I'd say so. Forty or fifty years ago you either played golf or you didn't.[b]Whats changed now you either you play or you don`t[/b] Today, there's the opportunity for so many more people to easily play the game whether they want to play competitively and constantly improve or just to go out for 18 holes a handful of times a year to drink with their buddies. [b]So exactly what does that have to do with anything[/b] And you also like to mention advancements in technology while failing to mention the drastic increase in course length and difficulty.[b]Bologna on difficulty...The added length of new drivers and balls far out strip any added distance to the courses[/b] I honestly don't know why I replied because you didn't make any valid points whatsoever and I have a feeling that regardless of whatever facts might be in front of you, you're just going to hold onto those good ol days with all your might. [b]I have no idea why you replied either because everything you have said is proved to be wrong or fabricated....Jim[/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[quote name='J-Tyme' timestamp='1306886419' post='3275998']
If you evaluate designs from the last 100 years....and try to find a club that has roots similar to designs in each individual decade....you will have a MP-14 in your left hand and a MP-33 in your right. Without question MIZUNO deserves the award for the best irons golfers have ever been privelaged to swing. If you've never "become one" with a set of MIZUNO irons....you will have no idea what I'm talking about.
[/quote]

I played mp14`s and MP29`S no doubt very good clubs but are much more forgiving than the true blades of the 60`s...Jim

the only iron I felt was softer than the mp68 is the titleist 710mb...I adore both equally. just awesome clubs.

Taylormade M5 Tour 10.5* 

Taylormade 300 Series 15*

Taylormade Sim2 Max 18*

Titleist 818H2  21*

Titleist 718 TMB 4 24*

Titleist 718 AP2  5-PW

Mizuno T20  54*   58*

Taylormade Spider GT  #3

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1306885857' post='3275985']
In the 60's and 70's people smoked cigarettes and didn't think they did any harm to themselves. Different times and a silly argument on both ends. Both sides have valid points.

Mp32's have my vote.
[/quote]

In the 60`s the FIRST reports of smoking MAY BE HAZDOURS TO YOU HEALTH came out...The key word is MAY BE by the surgon general...Since then it has been proved that there is NO QUESTION it will kill hundreds of thousands of people a year....In 1960...50 million smoked and in 2011 48.5 million smoked...In the 60`s/70`s we didn`t know for sure if smoking was harmful...but for the last 30 years there`s been NO DOUBT it kills...and the fools still smoke and smoking is rising in teens especially women...Jim

[quote name='jimjc' timestamp='1306890723' post='3276192']
[quote name='glfpunk' timestamp='1306883588' post='3275908']

[color="#1c2837"][size="2"][quote][b]In closing:....Lets see... you say the players of today are[/b] [b]healthier yet every disease is on a very big rise and our bodies are full of chemicals and steroids of every kind...and you say that today's body is a better performing machine but we now know the guys are using drugs to do it in EVERY SPORT...And since tiger is falling out of grace there's going to be a big bomb dropping... performance enhancing drugs....OH I`m not the first to say it...Jim[/b][/quote][b]
[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][size="2"]This is the most awesome response ever. I've never seen someone argue so steadfast against cold hard facts before. Facts could slap you over the head and you're apparently still going to argue with them. Today's human is bigger(not an opinion, we are taller), faster(also not an opinion, look at the world records[b])First very few records are being broken by Americans and many of the ones broken are taken back for drug use...look for L. Armstrong to lose his also....yes you are taller and you guys use drugs to break the few records you break because you`re not capable of doing it without drugs...[/b] stronger(see the previous two[b])Power lifting records are almost solely steroid and growth Hormone induced there not worth talking about so much for your strength arguement.......[/b]You want to bring up disease, chemicals, and steroids as some sort of argument in your favor. You're arguing with facts. Today's human lives longer, you can't argue with it. [b]A PERSON BORN IN 1991 lives 3 1/2 years longer than one born in 1951...Social Security has all the facts on life expectancy[/b] And lol at the disease thing. People back then had to worry about friggin polio and smallpox.[b]Your the guy that says how healthy you guys are...You live a few years longer...whippy dippy do...your generation are all about drugs making up for you inability to perform...jim[/b][/size][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][/color]
[color="#1c2837"][size="2"]So "in closing" lol, it's obvious that you're hanging onto the glory days by the thinnest of threads. When you talk about handicaps and why today's players don't have lower handicaps etc., you fail to mention the completely different world that exists today.[b]No I know what exists... drugs to perform...easy to hit clubs and balls...and no decrease in[/b] [b]the average tour and amateur scores...those ARE THE FACTS[/b] Do you think golf is a little bit bigger than it used to be? [b]Who cares how big it is that has nothing to do with what this is about [/b]And maybe a little easier and streamlined in getting an official USGA handicap? I'd say so. Forty or fifty years ago you either played golf or you didn't.[b]Whats changed now you either you play or you don`t[/b] Today, there's the opportunity for so many more people to easily play the game whether they want to play competitively and constantly improve or just to go out for 18 holes a handful of times a year to drink with their buddies. [b]So exactly what does that have to do with anything[/b] And you also like to mention advancements in technology while failing to mention the drastic increase in course length and difficulty.[b]Bologna on difficulty...The added length of new drivers and balls far out strip any added distance to the courses[/b] I honestly don't know why I replied because you didn't make any valid points whatsoever and I have a feeling that regardless of whatever facts might be in front of you, you're just going to hold onto those good ol days with all your might. [b]I have no idea why you replied either because everything you have said is proved to be wrong or fabricated....Jim[/b][/size][/color]
[/quote]

[/quote]

IT'S BECAUSE OF THE DRUGS!

hahahahahahahahaha

What in the world has happened to my thread??? :russian_roulette: Haha it's interesting to read though.

TaylorMade SLDR 10.5˚, Kuro Kage Proto TiNi 70X
TaylorMade R7 TP 17.5˚, GD Prototype Model 902X OR TaylorMade SLDR 17˚ Kuro Kage Black Proto 80X
Titleist 712U 3i, Nippon Modus3 120X
Miura CB-501 (4, 5) & Miura MB-001 (6-PW), Nippon Modus3 120X
Miura Wedge Series 51˚, Nippon Modus3 120X
Fourteen RM-12 56˚, 60˚
Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-Line, Garsen Max

• 1 month later...