so if you had to choose 3 WRX'ers...

I don't even know who I would pick. Only been on here since November, but I would probably go with Jersey (GetmeouttaJersey), Golfbum9 since he gave me the entire history of my RAMs I was clueless about lol. And Chappie possibly, considering we were part of the reason a thread was locked for having a Sheen off in the middle of it haha. Spin (SpinMill75) would be in there also, he's filled me in on some shafts and club advice several times in the past. Honestly I would play with most people on here just because 4 WRX'ers getting together would be 18 holes of talking about clubs with some golf thrown in lol.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know too much about any WRX'ers by name, just mostly their avatar.

I'd probably have to go with whoever locked my elite thread, I'd like to play a match to have it unlocked.
MtlJeff cause he was nice enough to give me some unspoken guidelines on what to post, and help me out with damage control following one of my first few posts.
kekoa, cause I'd pay him a few bucks a hole to let me roll his del mar bb.

I forgot about this thread.

After having some great conversations with a few guys :

Huntingchris0000
GatorNate11
Kekoa

That would be my 3. Had some nice chats with all of them. Down to earth and great guys. Could be a very enjoyable round of golf.

G400 9* Motore Speeder 7.2 TS
G400 14.5* Ping Tour 70s
G400 17* Fuji Fuel 80s
iBlade 3-9 Nippon Modus 3 105x
Glide 2.0 STEALTH 46*, 52* 58*
Ping Vault 2.0 ZB

3 guys that don't take life too seriously, like a cigar and play decent golf....

i always like a firery old fart in my group....

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

• 3 months later...

Wow...how did I miss this thread? I'm going to revive it. First things first...there are a ton of people on this site that I would love to play a few rounds of golf with...but there are always a few that stand out.

If the purpose was just to have a fun round with some interesting personalities and discussions:

mat562
tembolo1284
Pepperturbo
TheDarkOne (would be an alternate)
Thrillhouse (2nd alternate)

If the purpose was to gain insights on my swing for improvement, work on my fundamentals, etc:

iteachgolf
slicefixer
MonteScheinblum
sevam1 (alternate)

[size="3"]Monte: I think it would be a great match and I'd probably learn a lot about the golf swing.[/size]
[size="3"]
[/size]
[color=#1C2837][size="3"]mat562: He's almost as funny as Peep Show and a good player too.[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size="3"]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size="3"]Thrillhouse: Fellow Canadian, he's a good player and I generally like his posts.[/size][/color]

910D3 9.25* PX 6.5
910F 16.5* PX 6.5
910H 20.5* PX 6.5
T-MB 4, 5 TI X100
716 AP2 6-9 TI X100
SM5 46* Chrome TI X100
SM5 Raw 52*, 56*, 60* Raw TI S400
Wilson Staff 1

Who wants to take on a junior golfer ;)

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

RookieBlue7, MonteScheinblum and Cmartingolf....Just all seem like my kind of peoples... If I couldn't take the two instructors, Kekoa and IUBBall probably make the list. or Bucky....he's a good ole club Ho too.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

Aitch is a quality guy that I've had a little correspondence with. Then probably Sustain, and the illustrious PepperTurbo

Or maybe myself and another not-so-conservative wrx'er in a match vs Pepper and 502totheright

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='Marrrk' timestamp='1302030874' post='3122787']
as someone who plays regularly with Tembolo1284, i can say that he is a super nice dude and a joy to play with. so you guys are spot on with picking him (and now i feel like i'm dating a celebrity or something).

as for me, honestly, i want to play with the 3 most consistently antagonistic and immature posters on WRX because it would be refreshing when i find out they actually aren't anywhere near as ridiculous in real life as they are online.

my faith in humanity restored.
[/quote]

Best post in this thread!

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1326908525' post='4105915']
Lol thankfully nobody said JW.
[/quote]

when i started this thread your name was Dizz! and i said Dizz!

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Okay i've been here for 9 ish months. I would want to play a round with:

-Thrillhouse..... I originally thought this guy was a dbag but now I have realized he is really funny, and always gives good facts to back up his statement
-easyyy.... man I need to play with this guy there is sooooo much i'd have to ask him about golf
-pure 745... have you seen his bag?!

obviously there are many more people I'd want to play a round with, and I'm surre I will play rounds with Wrx'ers in the future..

[quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1326932711' post='4111875']
[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1326908525' post='4105915']
Lol thankfully nobody said JW.
[/quote]

when i started this thread your name was Dizz! and i said Dizz!
[/quote]

Haha, I know, I know.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

I stand by my original picks. But it's so hard to pick only 3

some thoughts:

-J.W is an easy choice, though he doesn't seem to think so. Seriously does anyone on the forum consistently respond with smart useful info more then him? You're probably thinking "yes, Jeff, actually you do and are even more awesome". But even i get drunk at least 2 nights a week and just joke post all night. I guarantee if you played a round with J.W he'd probably play in 2 1/2 hours, have a ton of stories from working in golf stores and shoot 71

-Thrillhouse, if me and him played together we'd both shoot 85 because we'd spend our whole round talking about our favorite simpsons lines and speaking in chief wiggum voices...or something like that

-I gotta go with TCMP and Minhjn just because i talk to those guys more then anyone else here

-Mat562 is another great choice, but i'd be hesitant to ask him any questions because he'd probably respond with a perfectly worded answer that takes 1 hour to say and is impenetrable to any argument. It would be like Will Ferrell's debate against James Carville in Old School. I'd just be like....[i]OK Matt[/i], sorry i asked! I would also tell him Lee Westwood sucks after every shot he takes and then giggle. Yes, Matt would hate me.

-KGeorge is the man, another guy basically my age who played football and baseball and etc....we would no doubt trade sports stories and try and pretend we aren't trying to out-alpha-male each other.

-I'm going to add Madgolfer76 to my list too. Another guy whose posts always seem to make a lot of sense. So much so that i basically emailed him that the other day and said as much. I think i literally wrote that verbatim.

-Easyyy would be fun, but he'd hate me because i'd just ask for contacts at different OEM's and try to get a job out of it. I'd also try and steal one of his keys and duplicate it so i could steal clubs from him Danny Ocean style

-Pure745 because i'm convinced no one can hit the blades he plays. Plus i would tell him how much i hate the Lakers for 4 straight hours.

-Sergizmo because the man has made me 3 of the finest putters i've ever seen

-Asleep and Beruo would be cool. Todd seems like a really nice guy, and i'm convinced George is one of the funniest people on the site but is restricted by his marshall duties. Deep within Beruo is a mtljeff-like agitator just waiting to get out!

^^^and Mackdaddy, you are in too. Because as an 18 year old guy, you probably know a lot of 18 year old girls....bong! (also you are OK in my books, but really? Thrillhouse over me? [i]REALLY?[/i])

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'm 14... does it say 18 in my profile?.. yeah I know the 18 year olds though We can come up with a statagy and i'll help you get them. I act all innocent to get them sweetened up and then you go in for the kill!

Jeff, you can tag along too, we can tear up the course as a fivesome. Nobody will kick us off cause they know if the mess with you you will smash them upside the head with your lead-loaded driver. [quote name='MtlJeff' timestamp='1326935744' post='4112549']
I stand by my original picks. But it's so hard to pick only 3

some thoughts:

-J.W is an easy choice, though he doesn't seem to think so. Seriously does anyone on the forum consistently respond with smart useful info more then him? You're probably thinking "yes, Jeff, actually you do and are even more awesome". But even i get drunk at least 2 nights a week and just joke post all night. I guarantee if you played a round with J.W he'd probably play in 2 1/2 hours, have a ton of stories from working in golf stores and shoot 71

-Thrillhouse, if me and him played together we'd both shoot 85 because we'd spend our whole round talking about our favorite simpsons lines and speaking in chief wiggum voices...or something like that

-I gotta go with TCMP and Minhjn just because i talk to those guys more then anyone else here

-Mat562 is another great choice, but i'd be hesitant to ask him any questions because he'd probably respond with a perfectly worded answer that takes 1 hour to say and is impenetrable to any argument. It would be like Will Ferrell's debate against James Carville in Old School. I'd just be like....[i]OK Matt[/i], sorry i asked! I would also tell him Lee Westwood sucks after every shot he takes and then giggle. Yes, Matt would hate me.

-KGeorge is the man, another guy basically my age who played football and baseball and etc....we would no doubt trade sports stories and try and pretend we aren't trying to out-alpha-male each other.

-I'm going to add Madgolfer76 to my list too. Another guy whose posts always seem to make a lot of sense. So much so that i basically emailed him that the other day and said as much. I think i literally wrote that verbatim.

-Easyyy would be fun, but he'd hate me because i'd just ask for contacts at different OEM's and try to get a job out of it. I'd also try and steal one of his keys and duplicate it so i could steal clubs from him Danny Ocean style

-Pure745 because i'm convinced no one can hit the blades he plays. Plus i would tell him how much i hate the Lakers for 4 straight hours.

-Sergizmo because the man has made me 3 of the finest putters i've ever seen

-Asleep and Beruo would be cool. Todd seems like a really nice guy, and i'm convinced George is one of the funniest people on the site but is restricted by his marshall duties. Deep within Beruo is a mtljeff-like agitator just waiting to get out!

^^^and Mackdaddy, you are in too. Because as an 18 year old guy, you probably know a lot of 18 year old girls....bong! (also you are OK in my books, but really? Thrillhouse over me? [i]REALLY?[/i])
[/quote]

My three picks:

Jack Pearsall - In the 1st person

Jack Pearsall - In the 2nd person

Jack Pearsall - In the 3rd person

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Mat562-Simply the most eloquent WRXer. He has a head full of golf, and I'm guessing a lot of game too.

Choeppner-I'm thinking he would bring a bag full of Machines!

The Gachet-This guy knows everything there is to know about classic clubs.

Cleveland Classic 290 9*Miyazaki C.Kua S
Callaway S2H2 BBWB Deuce & X 4W
Adams Idea A7 PNT 19* 3H & 22* 4H
Adams A4 Forged 5-PW
Adams A4 Forged GW,SW,LW
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 34"

Crikey. There are lots of people on here with whom I'd relish the chance of having a knock.

Chris (littlepingman) doesn't pop up too often now, sadly, but he's a man with whom I've had many a good conversation and who I know would be a good man to play a round with. And he's a handy knocker, to boot. There are more than a few people on here who have a good dry sense of humour, too. Always a good thing. I'm sure they would have me chuckling away before long, and I always play better when there's a bit of banter. Stage1350 and HCEG1 immediately spring to mind. With HCEG1, we could talk about great performances of the Scottish national football side in the World Cup. And then, when I've finished lacing up my shoes, we could move on to something else.

Paul (known to GolfWRX members by the slightly Gallic-sounding [i]nom de plume[/i] The Gachet) would have to be in the group. We could waffle on about the good old days, the 80s and 90s, when I was half decent, and kill time between shots reminiscing about which grips Nick Faldo was using in the third round of the 1988 French Open, the position of the lead tape on Woosie's early '90s Maruman irons and Sandy Lyle's Adidas jumpers. Freddiec would be out with us too. Our scores wouldn't count, of course, because we'd each have 19 clubs in the bag with the extra Wood Brothers, MacGregor and Joe Powell persimmon drivers that we were carrying, but I'm sure we'd get on well and have the juniors in the group behind us wondering what all those funny cracking sounds were. Justaman5 would be in the group too. A genuinely nice chap from the Bluegrass State with whom I've shared many a PM about golf and a plethora of other subjects. He'd be outdriving me with a Hogan Apex PC 3-iron, but he's going to be one of the very few people who doesn't laugh at my titanium-shafted 1-iron when they see it poking out of my little pencil bag.

There are plenty of others, too, whom I've neglected to mention. Sorry about that, but you know who you are boys. Panic not, though. You're all in. If we play at my place and leave it until the early evening we can get away with a twelveball. Just keep down, close to the deck, as you pass the windows of the gents' bar...

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

I think I'd go with BigRed90gt, Mr Divots, and RedHawkGolf. It would be the all jeans foursome. With all of us being redneck, hillbilly trash we probably won't be able to get on a good course, so we'll have to find some goat-track muni to put up with us.:drinks:

Actually there are a bunch of people on here who sound like they would be good to play with, and really good players too. Hopefully I'll be able to get down to Phoenix soon and hook up with some of that group, and maybe with Kekoa this spring out on the Monterey Penninsula.

Wow, well I would love to play a round of golf with any member from this site as anyone and everyone on here has a serious interest in the game which would always be a pleasure and a priviledge to play alongside.

I have a keen interest in the early nineties as this was the period that I was working at a local golf club as a green keeper and therefore was playing my most and best golf which is why you have all probably seen that I have a nostalgic connection to Nick Faldo and a number of other pros from that era such as Ian Woosnam, José María Olazábal and Sandy Lyle.

This is also where I need to apologise as I only really post in a handful of threads unless they are just photos as my overall knowledge of the game and equipment is nowhere near a lot of you guys as since leaving that job around eighteen years ago my interest and opportunity to play this wonderful game virtually evaporated although in the past couple of years my appetite has developed and come back again due to various changes in my personal circumstances.

So based on that my ideal choice of playing partner is going to be biased towards fellow members who have a key interest in the same specific topics as myself which is why mat562, okesa, Iggypop, chip75, MoaningM and lead to name but a few are all going to be up there as it would be great to play a round. chat and reminisce afterwards about the aforementioned 'old skool' pro golfers.

Hopefully one day this might become a reality although there are also a number of guys on the other side of the pond who would be great to grab a round with including freddiec, kevcarter and Thrillhouse but there are of course just too many to mention.

It would even be great just to attend a pro tournament with any of you guys and talk about what is going on around us as I'm sure that would also be a very fascinating and educational experience too ! :)