2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

All Things Ohio Golf

hazebronso

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391707724' post='8609985']

haha sounds good to me.

Anyone going to the Golf Show here in Columbus in a couple weeks? I haven't been in a couple years because last time I went it was pretty disappointing. Wondering if it's changed at all.
[/quote]

Cleveland golf show is sometime this month too....gets a little worse every year. Probably still go.

I'm going to try to go on Friday afternoon. I don't think there are that many good deals except sometimes you can find good deals on shirts or shoes but that's about it. It's something to do with golf this time of year. I need this snow to clear my streak is at 34 straight months playing a round and it doesn't look good for this month even though it's still early in the month.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 3W, 3 Hybrid
TM Rocketballz Stage 1 4 Hybrid
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana
Titleist Vokey SM5 54 & 60

[quote name='lov2golf4' timestamp='1391722337' post='8611547']
I'm going to try to go on Friday afternoon. I don't think there are that many good deals except sometimes you can find good deals on shirts or shoes but that's about it. It's something to do with golf this time of year. I need this snow to clear my streak is at 34 straight months playing a round and it doesn't look good for this month even though it's still early in the month.
[/quote]

I'm sure you will be good around the end of the month

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Seems like the Cleveland golf show at IX has gotten progressively worse. Not really sure why, just seems like I always find less and less deals and things I'm actually interested in. Still something fun to do golf related in the winter. Not sure how it compares to Columbus one. Probably pales pretty badly.

[quote name='rrkman' timestamp='1391714553' post='8610659']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391707724' post='8609985']

haha sounds good to me.

Anyone going to the Golf Show here in Columbus in a couple weeks? I haven't been in a couple years because last time I went it was pretty disappointing. Wondering if it's changed at all.
[/quote]

Cleveland golf show is sometime this month too....gets a little worse every year. Probably still go.
[/quote]

Lol just saw this, couldn't agree more.

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1391738371' post='8613163']
Seems like the Cleveland golf show at IX has gotten progressively worse. Not really sure why, just seems like I always find less and less deals and things I'm actually interested in. Still something fun to do golf related in the winter. Not sure how it compares to Columbus one. Probably pales pretty badly.
[/quote]

The Columbus one kind of sucks too.. The shows are put in by the same company (I think) so I would assume they suck equally

There are two golf shows in Columbus, this weekend is the "Carny Show" at Fairgrounds, some new but lots of used gear, lots of good deals on older stuff but buyer beware of missing clubs/mis-matched sets, etc...
The show next weekend is the North Coast show, new gear, usually too crowded, $10 admission gets you Golf Magazine...I wasn't too impressed with the prices last year.

I'm going to the Carny show Friday (tomorrow) after work, think I might pass on the other show this year.

[quote name='johnnydman' timestamp='1391741642' post='8613587']
There are two golf shows in Columbus, this weekend is the "Carny Show" at Fairgrounds, some new but lots of used gear, lots of good deals on older stuff but buyer beware of missing clubs/mis-matched sets, etc...
The show next weekend is the North Coast show, new gear, usually too crowded, $10 admission gets you Golf Magazine...I wasn't too impressed with the prices last year.

I'm going to the Carny show Friday (tomorrow) after work, think I might pass on the other show this year.
[/quote]
Ah I didn't know there were two shows... I think the only one I have been to was at Vet's Memorial.. I believe that's the North Coast show. All my buddies buy bags of used golf balls there.. I just wish there would be local OEM reps there. For the most part it felt like it was just local vendors trying to sell whatever stock they had.

[quote name='johnnydman' timestamp='1391741642' post='8613587']

[/quote]

I remember that show I bought a bag there like 3 years ago but haven't been back since. Do they have any good deals in clothes and shoes or is it just clubs? If I remember it was mostly old clubs not much if anything else. If could reply to this after you go today I would appreciate it. Also do you they have rain gear there? Thanks.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana

I'll reply again after I go but last year there was at least one vendor that had clothing. Large corner area but I didn't buy anything, I can't remember the brands sold. There were a few that sold shoes. One vendor had good deals on Sun Mountain stand bags (3.5's for $79).
Many older and vintage clubs, along with some new or almost new stuff. I almost bought a Mizuno MP-001 driver (I used to have two!) but it wasn't quite cheap enough.
A friend bought 3 clubs for something crazy like $8, one of which was a Bridgestone J-33 3 wood.

[quote name='rrkman' timestamp='1391633127' post='8605209']
All things ohio golf? And I'm even an OSU grad and would rather see some golf talk in here. Lol.
[/quote]
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391697807' post='8609011']
[quote name='rrkman' timestamp='1391633127' post='8605209']
All things ohio golf? And I'm even an OSU grad and would rather see some golf talk in here. Lol.
[/quote]

I fully agree, but, given there is 7 inches of snow/ice in my front yard right now, there really isn't much to talk about. More or less just keeping the thread alive and sort of bonding with the other Ohio guys until there is even a thought of being able to play golf.
[/quote]

trust me, you don't want this thread devolving into only "I shot 69 on Muirfield Village with 3 3-putts somebody kill me now!" posts. You guys want other topics to come up. the Michigan thread is one of the biggest on the site, and it's half thingsotherthangolf. and it's actually pretty cool. Plus, it keeps things from getting nasty like some forums.

"I shot 69 on Muirfield Village with 3 3-putts somebody kill me now!"

I remember that post you are referring too.....and he caught a little flack for it. He likes to throw out those subtle brags quite frequently.

Speaking of Muirfield....I was fortunate to play there this past season...but I can promise you.....there wasn't anything close to a 69 shot in our group. :)

Can anyone tell me if the Heritage club in Hilliard, or Little Turtle are worth the 200 mile roundtrip drive to play?

How about the Blue Jackets? They are going to enter the Olympic break right in the hunt for a playoff spot (either will be sitting in it or will be a point or so out). Won eight in a row recently and now are on a west coast swing with 3 games against very good teams. Took 2 points from Anaheim and got 1 last night. I said going into the trip if they could manage 3 points it would be a successful trip. Well they have done that and still have one more game left (tonight). If they managed another point (or heck even 2) it would be huge for momentum going into the break. Given how the team started and where they are now, this team could be setting up for a playoff run.

[quote name='Tarantula18t' timestamp='1391781581' post='8615287']

I remember that post you are referring too.....and he caught a little flack for it. He likes to throw out those subtle brags quite frequently.

Speaking of Muirfield....I was fortunate to play there this past season...but I can promise you.....there wasn't anything close to a 69 shot in our group. :)

Can anyone tell me if the Heritage club in Hilliard, or Little Turtle are worth the 200 mile roundtrip drive to play?
[/quote]

haha yeah I have never been close to a 69 out there (I have seen it a few times as I used to caddy out there and there certainly are some good players.. a family friend of mine is scratch and has teetered between a +2 and 2 for the last 10 years or so and is a member out there... I caddied for him when he shot something around 68-70). Last time I played there I felt like I hit the ball great and managed to shoot 42-42-42 (we played 27). Guess I'm consistent.

As for Little Turtle and Heritage. Little Turtle certainly isn't worth a 200 mile drive. It's a small, older private course. It's well maintained but it's not a upper tier private course in Columbus. It more or less has that 'small local private club' feel to it. It's a cheaper membership, gets a lot more play than other private tracks in town and isn't much to write home about. Don't get me wrong it's a nice course and it's pretty well maintained but it's nothing special.

Heritage is very nice track. It's immaculately maintained. Personally, I can't stand the layout of the course, but many people really like it (trying to objective here). For me, it's not worth a 200 mile drive but I think it will depend on your standard of a golf course. If you rarely play private courses or really nice public courses than it's probably worth it. If you, however, play a lot of golf at private courses or some of those really nice public courses (I'm thinking like a Longaberger style public course) than it's not worth it.

My biggest problem with Heritage is the greens. They are sadistic. The course was designed by P.B. Dye (Pete's son) and I think he was trying to make a statement that he is more sadistic than his father. The greens, in many cases, are down right stupid and unfair. There are also a couple of very quirky, down right annoying holes (thinking specifically of the 9th hole).

Putting my issues with the design/layout aside, if I'm ranking the 15 best courses in Columbus, it probably lands around the bottom of that list.

^^^ this Heritage went down in conditions about 5-6years ago and the greens were awful, monster patches of poa made putting terrible. They pumped $$ into it 2 years ago including re-grassing greens and the place has made a complete 180. They claim P.B softened some green contours but i sure didn't see it. Fun/maddening course to play but not worth a 200 mile hike.

Ditto on the C-bus golf show at Vets. It gets worse and smaller every year, but good deals on clothes and shoes can be found. It's a good way to kill a few hrs. on a snowy February saturday. Plus you get Golf Magazine for a year with admission

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391782184' post='8615329']
How about the Blue Jackets? They are going to enter the Olympic break right in the hunt for a playoff spot (either will be sitting in it or will be a point or so out). Won eight in a row recently and now are on a west coast swing with 3 games against very good teams. Took 2 points from Anaheim and got 1 last night. I said going into the trip if they could manage 3 points it would be a successful trip. Well they have done that and still have one more game left (tonight). If they managed another point (or heck even 2) it would be huge for momentum going into the break. Given how the team started and where they are now, this team could be setting up for a playoff run.
[/quote]

The Jackets are hot now. I was thinking the same thing, if they get 3 points on this road trip it's a success. The race for the playoffs are going to very tight the rest of the way out. They have been between 3rd in the division to out of the wild card this whole week. I hope they don't do what they always do and make a playoff push and fall short every year. I don't think they will, it's seems like with the new players and new upper management they will make the playoffs this year and start to turn this franchise around. That would be good for attendance. I remember my father use to have season tickets and all the games were sold out every night. The past couple years the crowd is not the same but it's turning around too.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana

Question for you C-bus guys. What's the deal with Golf Club of Dublin? I played it early on, maybe 8 or 9 years ago….was in town for a tournament at Darby Creek. I thought GC of D was a great course….great condition, layout, amenities, etc….and that Darby was the exact opposite. Now I see people recommending Darby and hear nothing about GC of D…what happened?

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391782948' post='8615407']

[/quote]

haha yeah I have never been close to a 69 out there (I have seen it a few times as I used to caddy out there and there certainly are some good players.. a family friend of mine is scratch and has teetered between a +2 and 2 for the last 10 years or so and is a member out there... I caddied for him when he shot something around 68-70). Last time I played there I felt like I hit the ball great and managed to shoot 42-42-42 (we played 27). Guess I'm consistent.

As for Little Turtle and Heritage. Little Turtle certainly isn't worth a 200 mile drive. It's a small, older private course. It's well maintained but it's not a upper tier private course in Columbus. It more or less has that 'small local private club' feel to it. It's a cheaper membership, gets a lot more play than other private tracks in town and isn't much to write home about. Don't get me wrong it's a nice course and it's pretty well maintained but it's nothing special.

Heritage is very nice track. It's immaculately maintained. Personally, I can't stand the layout of the course, but many people really like it (trying to objective here). For me, it's not worth a 200 mile drive but I think it will depend on your standard of a golf course. If you rarely play private courses or really nice public courses than it's probably worth it. If you, however, play a lot of golf at private courses or some of those really nice public courses (I'm thinking like a Longaberger style public course) than it's not worth it.

My biggest problem with Heritage is the greens. They are sadistic. The course was designed by P.B. Dye (Pete's son) and I think he was trying to make a statement that he is more sadistic than his father. The greens, in many cases, are down right stupid and unfair. There are also a couple of very quirky, down right annoying holes (thinking specifically of the 9th hole).

Putting my issues with the design/layout aside, if I'm ranking the 15 best courses in Columbus, it probably lands around the bottom of that list.
[/quote]

Based on what I saw and read online in a matter of a few minutes, you're right, Little Turtle looks pretty good, but certainly not worth the drive.

Heritage on the other hand I "think" I might like. The first thing you said about it is always our main concern.....conditions...and when the word immaculate is used, normally that's a good thing :) We play plenty of private courses in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, and some surrounding areas, but we are always up for trying new things. I actually live about 5 miles from the Heritage club in Mason Ohio, which coincidentally was also designed by PB Dye. It is a fantastic private course that we really enjoy playing when we get the opportunity. That course is also immaculate, but does have some very tough greens. In looking at the course on google earth, it is similar to the Heritage down here in that there is a lot of water hazards. Maybe PB Dye likes water and undulating greens...who knows. We played a course in Northern Michigan last year (and will play it again this year) that has the most hideous/difficult/unfair greens you can imagine, but we still enjoy it.

I will definitely pass on Little Turtle, but may give Heritage a go.

The other few that I think I will make the effort to play this year up there are Pinnacle, Wedgewood, Jefferson and Tartan Fields. From what I hear, those are very good courses...especially Tartan. How would you rate those?

Also, I went to the Cincinnati golf show a few weeks ago. It was actually the first one I have ever decided to attend. It was pretty bad also. A buddy of mine who I went with said this was the worst one that he has gone to the past 4 years. I guess they are going downhill here also

[quote name='rrkman' timestamp='1391785848' post='8615629']
Question for you C-bus guys. What's the deal with Golf Club of Dublin? I played it early on, maybe 8 or 9 years ago….was in town for a tournament at Darby Creek. I thought GC of D was a great course….great condition, layout, amenities, etc….and that Darby was the exact opposite. Now I see people recommending Darby and hear nothing about GC of D…what happened?
[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of the Golf Club of Dublin. I think the conditions are starting to get worse. It's a good layout though. There's something that just rubs me the wrong way about the place. I think they overcharge you for the quality and price for that course.

On the other hand I love Darby Creek. I didn't play it last year because I won a membership somewhere but the course is always in good shape and if you play in the afternoon you can get around the course fast. The 2 nines are different with the front nine more open, links style and the back has more trees on it, it's definitely the tougher of the two. I think Darby Creek is one the best public courses on that side of town.

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana

[quote name='Tarantula18t' timestamp='1391785874' post='8615633']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Based on what I saw and read online in a matter of a few minutes, you're right, Little Turtle looks pretty good, but certainly not worth the drive.

Heritage on the other hand I "think" I might like. The first thing you said about it is always our main concern.....conditions...and when the word immaculate is used, normally that's a good thing :) We play plenty of private courses in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, and some surrounding areas, but we are always up for trying new things. I actually live about 5 miles from the Heritage club in Mason Ohio, which coincidentally was also designed by PB Dye. It is a fantastic private course that we really enjoy playing when we get the opportunity. That course is also immaculate, but does have some very tough greens. In looking at the course on google earth, it is similar to the Heritage down here in that there is a lot of water hazards. Maybe PB Dye likes water and undulating greens...who knows. We played a course in Northern Michigan last year (and will play it again this year) that has the most hideous/difficult/unfair greens you can imagine, but we still enjoy it.

The other few that I think I will make the effort to play this year up there are Pinnacle, Wedgewood, Jefferson and Tartan Fields. From what I hear, those are very good courses...especially Tartan. How would you rate those?

Also, I went to the Cincinnati golf show a few weeks ago. It was actually the first one I have ever decided to attend. It was pretty bad also. A buddy of mine who I went with said this was the worst one that he has gone to the past 4 years. I guess they are going downhill here also
[/quote]

Was the Cincinnati show put on by North Coast Golf Shows?

By the way how are you getting on all of these private courses?

TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
Rossa CGB Fontana

[quote name='TMadigolf' timestamp='1391784807' post='8615535']
^^^ this Heritage went down in conditions about 5-6years ago and the greens were awful, monster patches of poa made putting terrible. They pumped $$ into it 2 years ago including re-grassing greens and the place has made a complete 180. They claim P.B softened some green contours but i sure didn't see it. Fun/maddening course to play but not worth a 200 mile hike.

Ditto on the C-bus golf show at Vets. It gets worse and smaller every year, but good deals on clothes and shoes can be found. It's a good way to kill a few hrs. on a snowy February saturday. Plus you get Golf Magazine for a year with admission
[/quote]

Yeah I played Heritage last year and it was in fantastic shape. Just not a fan of course. I played the course like 8 years ago but didn't remember much about it other than the fact that the greens were ridiculous. I thought they were still ridiculous when I played it last year. Actually, I was looking to join a private course about a year ago that one was affordable with their Jr. Rates and it's like 10 minutes from my house. I had to rule it out though as I just don't enjoy having to play a foot of break on every 3 foot putt.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven't played Pinnacle yet so I can't comment on that but I have nothing but great things about the track. My buddy is building a house out there right now so I am sure I will get on it this spring. I've been itching to play it as from everything I have heard its up there with the best courses in town (outside of the Big 4 courses which are all top 100 us tracks).

Tartan, Wedgewood and Jefferson are all great tracks. I think Tartan and Wedgewood are definitely a step above Jefferson, but, Jefferson is still very good. I personally like Wedgewood more than Tartan (I'm probably a bit biased because my family had a membership there when I was in college) but both are great. From what I've played, I consider Wedgewood the best private club in town behind the Big 4 (Muirfield Village, Scioto, Double Eagle and The Golf Club) and than I would put Tartan right there behind Wedgewood. Tartan is probably a more fun layout, but, I like the variety of holes and shots that you face at Wedgewood. Both courses are among the best maintained in town. I believe the WW super had some ties to Muirfield Village and the rumors for a while around the club were that Muirfield was trying desperately to get him back. Who knows if that's true. Both courses are great.

I played Jefferson for the first time this past year. I liked it a lot. Very nice course, well conditioned. Very solid layout. In my opinion it didn't have that 'wow' factor from a layout perspective but all in all its a great track.

If you like that Heritage club in Cincy than you will probably like the one here. I haven't played the one in Cincy but from what you describe it sounds very similar.

[quote name='lov2golf4' timestamp='1391787625' post='8615865']
[quote name='rrkman' timestamp='1391785848' post='8615629']
[/quote]

I'm not a big fan of the Golf Club of Dublin. I think the conditions are starting to get worse. It's a good layout though. There's something that just rubs me the wrong way about the place. I think they overcharge you for the quality and price for that course.

On the other hand I love Darby Creek. I didn't play it last year because I won a membership somewhere but the course is always in good shape and if you play in the afternoon you can get around the course fast. The 2 nines are different with the front nine more open, links style and the back has more trees on it, it's definitely the tougher of the two. I think Darby Creek is one the best public courses on that side of town.
[/quote]

Im just gonna make a slew of posts in a row lol. Sorry. I agree with this assessment. I've played GCoD a couple of times and always walked away thinking for the price of the course it's just not worth it. The conditions the last couple times I played it were lacking for the price point. I haven't played Darby Creek in a number of years (mostly because of the drive) but it's a very solid public track. The fact that its like half the price of GCoD makes it worth it IMO. Personally, I would rather play Blacklick Woods for $30 than either of those courses though. It's not as well maintained but it's still in solid shape and there is something about that layout that I just enjoy playing. It's not the prettiest course, not the best designed course, but I like it a lot. I always leave there thinking it was a great deal. Northstar, however, is probably my favorite public track in Columbus. Longaberger is obviously the best but in actuality its over an hour from my house and I live inside in the outerbelt. I have trouble considering that Columbus lol.

[quote name='lov2golf4' timestamp='1391787857' post='8615907']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was the Cincinnati show put on by North Coast Golf Shows?

By the way how are you getting on all of these private courses?
[/quote]

No, I don't believe it was put on by North Coast.

I have a buddy who can get me on Tartan. He is friends with the pro, or something like that. I never really asked who he knows so well there. Wedgewood and Jefferson I believe both allow reciprocal play. Heritage I can access thru the Private Club Network. Pinnacle I would have to work on that one. I am not sure if they allow reciprocal play set up by PGA members or not. I have seen numerous charity event certificates to play there which I would gladly donate to win.

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391789989' post='8616253']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven't played Pinnacle yet so I can't comment on that but I have nothing but great things about the track. My buddy is building a house out there right now so I am sure I will get on it this spring. I've been itching to play it as from everything I have heard its up there with the best courses in town (outside of the Big 4 courses which are all top 100 us tracks).

Tartan, Wedgewood and Jefferson are all great tracks. I think Tartan and Wedgewood are definitely a step above Jefferson, but, Jefferson is still very good. I personally like Wedgewood more than Tartan (I'm probably a bit biased because my family had a membership there when I was in college) but both are great. From what I've played, I consider Wedgewood the best private club in town behind the Big 4 (Muirfield Village, Scioto, Double Eagle and The Golf Club) and than I would put Tartan right there behind Wedgewood. Tartan is probably a more fun layout, but, I like the variety of holes and shots that you face at Wedgewood. Both courses are among the best maintained in town. I believe the WW super had some ties to Muirfield Village and the rumors for a while around the club were that Muirfield was trying desperately to get him back. Who knows if that's true. Both courses are great.

I played Jefferson for the first time this past year. I liked it a lot. Very nice course, well conditioned. Very solid layout. In my opinion it didn't have that 'wow' factor from a layout perspective but all in all its a great track.

If you like that Heritage club in Cincy than you will probably like the one here. I haven't played the one in Cincy but from what you describe it sounds very similar.
[/quote]

I know I am way in the deep minority here, but I just didn't get that big of a kick out of Muirfield and The Golf Club. Scioto doesn't look like it would do much for me, and I am no Ross fan. Will try and give it a shot eventually, but it isn't high on my list I guess at this point. The funny thing is....Double Eagle looks the most fun to me when I look at it on the satellites, and I have been told that is the "worst" of the big 4. I have NO clue how to get a round there. I hear that is as tough as The Golf Club to get on.

[quote name='Tarantula18t' timestamp='1391799390' post='8617531']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1391789989' post='8616253']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I know I am way in the deep minority here, but I just didn't get that big of a kick out of Muirfield and The Golf Club. Scioto doesn't look like it would do much for me, and I am no Ross fan. Will try and give it a shot eventually, but it isn't high on my list I guess at this point. The funny thing is....Double Eagle looks the most fun to me when I look at it on the satellites, and I have been told that is the "worst" of the big 4. I have NO clue how to get a round there. I hear that is as tough as The Golf Club to get on.
[/quote]

Thats why we are all entitled to our own opinions. I have played 3 of the 4 (The Golf Club being the exception) and I think Village is hands down the best. I just love the layout. I love how you get rewarded for great shots and penalized for bad shots. It's kind of a black and white golf course like that. Rarely are you going to hit a good shot and get penalized for it. Plus I think the greens may very well be the best (or most true if will whatever the hell that means) that I have ever played... I've played a decent amount of top level courses (passive brag?). I think you said it in another thread, and I agree to an extent, the course has a very commercial feel to it like it was built purely for the tour (which it really was). I think what they have done with the new clubhouse only adds to that corporate feel.

If you don't like Ross courses you won't be infatuated with Scioto. Scioto absolutely is a great track and is immaculate in every way. I like Ross courses because I like how he can have something designed so simplistic yet play so tough and still somehow look beautiful. The simplicity of his designs are something that really appeals to me. However, I hate the club house and atmosphere around the course. Way too stuffy feeling. Not really my taste.

Double Eagle is just a really cool place. The course is great, though, it doesn't have any really memorable holes. If I were to build a course with 18 of my favorite holes from other courses, I don't think a single one would come from double eagle. Yet the course is still fantastic. Its kind of desolate. You know where you are there it's special. The couple of times I played there we were one of 2 of 3 groups on the course for the entire day. The last time I was there it was just our group and John McConnell Jr's group (CEO of Worthington Industries, owns the Blue Jackets and his father started the course). We saw them as we pulled up to the course and they were driving out to tee off. We didn't see another single golfer the entire day. It's a pretty cool spot. And yes, Double Eagle is very exclusive and pretty damn hard to get on to. I was lucky because one of my dad's close buddies is a huge golfer and has multiple memberships around the country.

I've heard from multiple people that The Golf Club is the best one. Hoping I can get out there sooner rather than later.

I used to play Dublin each summer for work outing. It was nice then IMO, but I havent been there in 5 or 6 years and I heard it has gone downhill. When I travel to C-Bus now for work and have to stay 2 or 3 days, I hit Phoenix links in Grove City. I didnt read the whole thread so sorry if its been mentioned. Its a place to play I suppose.

I think mother nature is trying to cancel golf in Ohio for 2014.

Aerojet 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
ZX4 MKii 4i - Project X 5.5
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
2024 TP5