2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

"ORIGINAL" Ping Putters

TraumaKing

"STILL AVAILABLE"
I have been searching around e-bay for a Ping Pal 4 and Anser in Beryllium Copper and have not been very happy with the conditions and prices being tossed out there. So I called Ping today and asked if the "ORIGINAL" Pal 4 and Anser were still available and to my surprise they stated they still have these Original putters STILL in stock and for sale. I was informed although they are not listed on the web site or in catalouges Ping authorized dealers have them listed in they order sheets. I called a local Pro at Chambersburg Country Club and inquired into this, he could not find the putters on his order schematic but called Ping directly and after about 5 min the individual at Ping stated they did in fact have them. I ordered a Pal 4 in Beryllium Copper 35" and was told it will ship on the 23rd of this month. The price $159.00! This is outstanding news to me at least. I have a Beryllium Copper B-60 that is 20 years old and the deep dark patina is of a beauty in its self.

So much for these e-bayer that list these putters as no longer available and have $200-275.00 price tags on them.

I will post a pic for prosterity once it arrives.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1326921368' post='4108811']
Congratulations. I have coveted a Becu Anser 2 for quite sometime but again it's hard to find one at a good price in reasonable condition. This is great news that they are till available to order! Might have to look into this myself.

On a side note did Ping every make a Becu Zing model?
[/quote]

No I think the Zing was Manganese bronze only, they made the Zing 2 in BECU and SS

[quote name='MoaningM' timestamp='1326922326' post='4109071']
Congratulations. I have coveted a Becu Anser 2 for quite sometime but again it's hard to find one at a good price in reasonable condition. This is great news that they are till available to order! Might have to look into this myself.

[/quote]

No I think the Zing was Manganese bronze only, they made the Zing 2 in BECU and SS
[/quote]

Correct AND Nickel.

Titleist Tsr2 9*

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5*

PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 16*

PXG 0317X Gen 4 20.5*

Ping i210 5-P (26*-45*)

Ping iE1 50*/Ping Glide 3.0 54*/58*

Ping Fetch

I'll bet all kinds of dollars to donuts that there's a miscommunication going on--PING does not have any supply of BeCu clubs on hand--new old stock or otherwise. The "original" Pal 4 was stainless, and is available to order, but not in BeCu. Original Anser was never made in stainless--which is why it's only available in manganese bronze. Hate to wet blanket this picnic, but you're not getting a new BeCu putter from PING. I'd confer with your local pro and double-check what he ordered. :hi:

:hi:

[quote name='spring7' timestamp='1326937511' post='4112971'][quote name='MoaningM' timestamp='1326922326' post='4109071']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct AND Nickel.
[/quote]

[size="5"]Zing 2 in Nickel?[/size][size="3"] Haven't seen one but I'd like to! [/size]

Man, I just sold a Ping Pal 4 BECU in beautiful shape (except for the shaft band a couple months ago.....before I found this forum..... someone got a steal...............
[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330621341571&_rdc=1#ht_1167wt_932"]http://cgi.ebay.com/...1#ht_1167wt_932[/url]

Interesting thread. I just bought an older Ping anser 2 BeCu off Ebay.

If I could call Ping and order a brand new one, I would.

Will be interested to hear how this pans out.

There are about 45 BeCu Pings on Ebay. Most look like someone beat a tree with them though.

Got this yesterday. Buffed and all, but in great condition.

6718574959_17811b5409_o.jpg

6718637235_5b6dd1dd8b_o.jpg

6718581439_6da192c5c6_o.jpg

[quote name='beruo' timestamp='1326943221' post='4114203']
I'll bet all kinds of dollars to donuts that there's a miscommunication going on--[color="#ff0000"][b][i][size="3"]PING does not have any supply of BeCu clubs on hand--new old stock or otherwise[/size][/i][/b].[/color] The "original" Pal 4 was stainless, and is available to order, but not in BeCu. Original Anser was never made in stainless--which is why it's only available in manganese bronze. [b][i][size="3"][color="#ff0000"] Hate to wet blanket this picnic[/color][/size][/i][/b], but you're not getting a new BeCu putter from PING. I'd confer with your local pro and double-check what he ordered. :hi:
[/quote]

Let's try this again.........I spoke personally with Ping TODAY. They confirmed they still have BeCu Pal 4 in stock from "the Past" for a lack of better term. When it was verified these in fact existed and were available they were a bit amazed themselves. To order the putter my local Ping dealer ( happens to be a Club pro ) called and again they confirmed the same information and verified their existance. He then place the order and was informed the PING PAL-4 BeCu would be shipped out on the 23rd of this month. These are the facts as presented by Ping. I figure by the end of the month allowing for transit time I should recieve it. I guess then and only then will we know for sure. As far as your comment on a wet blanket and informing me of what "Ping" will or will not do seems a wee bit arogant considering you were not it any way involved with the company and their conversations that took place today.

Tell you what give them a call, ask them to check their stock for original Pal-4 in BeCu and see what they say, then post it here.

Time will tell.

[quote name='TraumaKing' timestamp='1326948834' post='4115101']
Let's try this again.........I spoke personally with Ping TODAY. They confirmed they still have BeCu Pal 4 in stock from "the Past" for a lack of better term. When it was verified these in fact existed and were available they were a bit amazed themselves. To order the putter my local Ping dealer ( happens to be a Club pro ) called and again they confirmed the same information and verified their existance. He then place the order and was informed the PING PAL-4 BeCu would be shipped out on the 23rd of this month. These are the facts as presented by Ping. I figure by the end of the month allowing for transit time I should recieve it. I guess then and only then will we know for sure. As far as your comment on a wet blanket and informing me of what "Ping" will or will not do seems a wee bit arogant considering you were not it any way involved with the company and their conversations that took place today.

Tell you what give them a call, ask them to check their stock for original Pal-4 in BeCu and see what they say, then post it here.

Time will tell.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about arrogant, just slightly informed. I actually texted back and forth with my guy at PING (yeah...i got a guy) in regards to this and a couple other things. He actually confirmed what I heard from my other guy at PING a few years ago (look at me all connected and whatnot :pardon:). I usually don't just make stuff up on the fly. Usually. ;)

[quote name='beruo' timestamp='1326949632' post='4115181']

Time will tell.
[/quote]

I'm not sure about arrogant, just slightly informed. I actually texted back and forth with my guy at PING (yeah...i got a guy) in regards to this and a couple other things. He actually confirmed what I heard from my other guy at PING a few years ago (look at me all connected and whatnot :pardon:). I usually don't just make stuff up on the fly. Usually. ;)
[/quote]

Never implied you made anything up, that would be rather ignorant of me to assume something you said was untrue without "proof " to the contrary. :drag:

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread. I just bought an older Ping anser 2 BeCu off Ebay.

If I could call Ping and order a brand new one, I would.

Will be interested to hear how this pans out.

There are about 45 BeCu Pings on Ebay. Most look like someone beat a tree with them though.

Got this yesterday. Buffed and all, but in great condition.

6718574959_17811b5409_o.jpg

6718637235_5b6dd1dd8b_o.jpg

6718581439_6da192c5c6_o.jpg

where did you find this putter? how much?

The Ebay seller is listed in my thread below. The two putters were a matching pair essentially. Both in near mint condition and polished. They putt as good as they look. I was amazed how good they felt. Bought them just to have them but can already tell they will be played. Awesome putters. The anser was $180 and the pal was $84. The guy cut both to 34.25" and put Pingman grips on. Super nice guy that has other BeCu Ping putters. That is his thing it appears. He is in Minnesota. Honest and fast shipping. Pics and his ebay name are in the thread below...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/579453-my-new-pair-of-polished-ping-becus-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/579453-my-new-pair-of-polished-ping-becus-pics/[/url]

-Dan

[quote name='PutterHo' timestamp='1328504924' post='4222083']
that a boy ..... I love me some Becu !!!

Well done however you managed that. Out of curiosity, gamer or wall art?
[/quote]

Gamer for sure, it was a putter I used back in the day. I decided to get back to the basics as many are finding out these inserts are " gimmicy" and are they really "better" than the old standards? I have Camerons, Tad More's and others to name a few and when you get down to it do you want a nice smooth surface to hit your ball or some raised grove type face? Time will tell but through mu testing so far there is something to be said about "Ping" putters in there true original form. They still have the feel and roll of the ball that cannot be disputed. I have a B-60 BeCu that I have had for over 20+ years that still has a wonderfull feel and the patina of that deep dark rich brown is beyond description. I also have a Pal-2 ( stainless ) and a My day ( Mag-Bronze ). My first putter was a Bullseye Flange with a burgundy leather wrap grip that I wish i still had. My father bought it foe me when i was cutting my teeth on the Kingwood CC golf course in KingWood Texas back in 1974 ( my father was a member and my summer was being dropped off at the clubhouse daily for lessons in the AM and play till he picked me up from work in the evening) Those were wonderful times indeed!

I am the worst when it comes to golf equipment and even worse when it comes to putters. Fickle isn't even the right word. The one constant is that regardless of shape, oem, or trend my all time favorite metal is Beryllium Copper, keep us all posted. I'd love to see a new Becu Pal in its original state, curious on the stickering/labeling, shaft band and if they send it with an older headcover or just a regular ping wrx department standard HC. Thanks Man !

Ping G400 Max 10.5 Accra Z55 LS
Callaway Rogue 4 wood
Callaway Epic 19* Accra FX1000
Srixon Z565 4-AW
Vokey Indigo 54
Vokey Indigo 60
Camico Newport 2

I'll bet all kinds of dollars to donuts that there's a miscommunication going on--PING does not have any supply of BeCu clubs on hand--new old stock or otherwise. The "original" Pal 4 was stainless, and is available to order, but not in BeCu. Original Anser was never made in stainless--which is why it's only available in manganese bronze. Hate to wet blanket this picnic, but you're not getting a new BeCu putter from PING. I'd confer with your local pro and double-check what he ordered. :hi:
[/quote]

Sorry this is incorrect. I just got a BECu Anser 4 a week ago from Ping. They still have some stock of BeNi putters as well as I picked up a Scottsdale BeNi Anser last year. IT's just left over stock so the only have a few heads you just have to check and see. I know they are out of Scottsdales now as I tried to order one and they are finally out.

Time will tell.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously being a GOLFWRX marshal makes you the coolest person in the world, how dare he question your authority!!! :russian_roulette:

[quote name='bombngouge' timestamp='1328543292' post='4223231']

Time will tell.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Obviously being a GOLFWRX marshal makes you the coolest person in the world, how dare he question your authority!!! :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

Well off of work tomorrow so I shall go and retreive it , post pics and put this to rest. Seems i am not the only one that knows what is " actually available from Ping" without having a "guy inside in the know" LOL!!!!

[quote name='irwinfletcher77' timestamp='1328540971' post='4223125']
[/quote]
Sorry this is incorrect. I just got a BECu Anser 4 a week ago from Ping. They still have some stock of BeNi putters as well as I picked up a Scottsdale BeNi Anser last year. IT's just left over stock so the only have a few heads you just have to check and see. I know they are out of Scottsdales now as I tried to order one and they are finally out.
[/quote]

Thank you! I appreciate the correction, not only for the sake of being corrected but because you did so without doing it in a jagish way. :good: 'Twasn't the first time I've been wrong, and it won't be my last, but I think I've put out enough solid info to offset my mistakes over time.

Trauma, my "guy inside in the know" is actually a guy inside in the know. No need to dismissively quotation mark it. It's not like I'm rooting against you. I texted my guy immediately with the hopes of putting in my own query. Now I know to be more specific! Friggin' hope I luck out like you (and irwin).

[quote name='beruo' timestamp='1328623211' post='4229715']
[quote name='irwinfletcher77' timestamp='1328540971' post='4223125']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thank you! I appreciate the correction, not only for the sake of being corrected but because you did so without doing it in a jagish way. :good: 'Twasn't the first time I've been wrong, and it won't be my last, but I think I've put out enough solid info to offset my mistakes over time.

Trauma, my "guy inside in the know" is actually a guy inside in the know. No need to dismissively quotation mark it. It's not like I'm rooting against you. I texted my guy
immediately with the hopes of putting in my own query. Now I know to be more specific! Friggin' hope I luck out like you (and irwin).
[/quote]

Well just picked it up so here are the pics.