2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

GolfWRX Welcomes Our Latest Sponsor TourEdge Golf

Gxgolfer

Please give Touredge.com a warm GolfWRX Welcome!
David Glod established Tour Edge Golf in 1986. In the company's first year, it generated revenues of $100,000. Fourteen years later, Tour Edge's iron line was ranked as the third fastest growing brand by Golf Retailer magazine. When you consider that Tour Edge is also the top-selling golf club at Haggin Oaks Super Shop (one of the two largest green grass pro shops in the US according to Golf Retailer magazine) outselling Callaway, Taylor Made, Ping and Titleist -- the brand is authenticated as more than an up-and-comer. The brand already has arrived.

Glod has set Tour Edge apart from other equipment manufacturers as a result of the mission he set forth for the company and his commitment to golfers and the game. Since the company's humble beginning, in Glod's garage, Glod's passion and commitment to bringing the latest technology to the public at affordable prices have continually driven Tour Edge sales to new heights. Glod has always said, "Offer the golf shop a means to make money and give the golfer an exceptional value and everyone wins." He was and still is right on target.

Glod raised the bar well beyond simply offering quality products at great prices. From day one, Tour Edge has also backed its products with an unprecedented lifetime warranty. A demonstration of the company's leadership in customer service and commitment to designing quality golf products.

The mix of great price, quality and a lifetime guarantee has proved to be a tasty elixir to consumers. The company nearly doubled its sales annually from 1986 to 1995. Further, during the volatile late 90's, when other mid-size company's skyrocketed to spectacular heights only to see their profitability crash as a result of loosing their focus on their mission, Tour Edge remained stable and continued to post record breaking growth. Glod has directed Tour Edge so consistently that the company has not had a falling out year since it was founded. A rarity in the golf industry. A rarity in any industry.

"As long as we provide the golfing public with great products at great prices, Tour Edge will grow," Glod says.

Moreover, Tour Edge has enjoyed its incredible success without the benefits, or perils, of multi-million-dollar marketing and advertising budgets. Keeping product prices at a minimum and quality at a maximum leaves little room [or money] for sponsorship of Tour pros or massive television and print ad campaigns that can build a brand. Word of mouth, a loyal customer base, effective media relations and a lot of guts are the foundation upon which Glod built Tour Edge.

In addition, Glod's genius in product design and development has also allowed Tour Edge to walk on the leading edge of technology in recent years. At the 1999 PGA Merchandise Show, Glod introduced a revolutionary concept, the Iron-Wood. The Lift-Off Iron-Wood™ launch coincided with the release of the PRGR Zoom 200i and the much heralded Taylor Made Rescue. The concept was easily the hottest technology of the year - perhaps of the late 90's. Tour Edge positioned the club as a long iron replacement, helping to create a new category of golf club -- the iron-wood combination club - a category name that Tour Edge has trademarked. During 2000, more than a dozen companies have responded with similar club introductions.

Glod's passion to create an affordable golf club was evident yet again this year. During the birth of the recent non-conforming driver debate, Tour Edge released its 320 J driver. The club was released just one day after Callaway introduced its non-conforming [in the US] ERC driver. With Tour pros claiming that the ERC, a $1,000 to $1,200 club available only in Europe/Asia, added 30 yards to their drives, recreational golfers in the U.S. were clamoring for options. Tour Edge's Bazooka 320 J offers an affordably priced, super-distance weapon that conforms to standards of the USGA's Rules of Golf and substantially outperformed the ERC in robot testing. The best news, the 320 J costs hundreds less than a Callaway ERC. Glod and Tour Edge raised the bar again.

Glod's focus remains sharply honed on his mission … high quality at affordable prices. Now, innovation has been added to the mix.

Tour Edge's metamorphosis from the garage to industry player has been remarkable. Today, the company's products are distributed in 22 countries. The company has also won Darryl Survey counts on the Senior PGA Tour for its Iron-Wood. Tour Edge can also be credited with growing the game of golf. When players are presented affordable, quality, equipment options, they get into the game more quickly, stay in the game longer and enjoy the game more.

Glod and Tour Edge are about smart business, stability, growth, quality and innovation. Simply stated, Tour Edge is one of the most solid and consistent growth producers in the golf industry based upon a solid commitment to consumers and the game. The future looks even brighter for Glod and Tour Edge. The company continues to take bigger bites of the market-share pie with progressive club designs that incorporate the features players want at a price they can afford.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an audio Chat we had with Andy S. (TourEdgeExotics), last april.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...amp;mode=linear

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Andy,

Good to see you guys here. Also, called and left ya a voice mail on the cell so call me.

Cardo

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Welcome Dave, Andy and Gordon. What a great group of guys and a class organization. They defintely have the best fairway woods on the market. Wait till you see their milled wedges..WOOOOW! Andy let me play with his at Beverly CC and it was incredible. Go out of your way to test these when they hit the market! This company is going to be around for a long time. I know these guys anf they are excellent businessmen and they are great golfers and understand technology and are off the charts golf club junkies. I remember when Dave started out of his garage and I would pick up my clubs from him there. Now they have a huge new facility and they have developed a tour department, which I might add they have a tour driver now that hits the ball so f'in straight that it is scary. Yep, this is a welcomed addition. We are lucky to have these guys!

Welcome TE!

I received a post card from them in the mail a couple weeks ago. They were advertising their new hybrid line. They look pretty sweet.

That's an excellent story above in GX's post about their history. I've owned some of their hybrids in the past and they are top notch at an affordable price.

Glad to hear they are on board.

TE has made great products from the beginning; they also offer as much custom fitting options as any OEM.

When you add the lifetime garuntee, you can't go wrong. I've had 3 sets of TE and I'm looking forward to that new forging.

Welcome!

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Ventus Black TR 6x

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke 340 mini 13.5* Speeder 757 x

Callaway Rogue ST LS 18* LIN-Q M40X Blue

Wilson D9 4h KBS 80 

Callaway Apex 24 MB 6 to 11 iron, MMT 105 TX

Callaway Jaws 54/58/64 KBS 130

Edel EAS 1.0 custom

Wilson Staff Model Ball

I've been a fan of tour edge since I was a young lad drooling over the 320J.... I had the exotics in the bag for a good portion of this year, and next year's tour proto exotics looks like it solves the only, but ultimately the downfall of the driver for me, the closed face. I also had a chance to hit some of the exotics fairway woods....and those things are amazing....

Smoke Max TD

Smoke TD

P-DHY

T5 , T22, T22

Phantom 11.5