2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

RBZ TOUR UPDATE!!!

55 RBZ FAIRWAYS NOW IN PLAY!!!!!
Hey guys, I got some feedback from the PGA this week. First off 55+ RBZ Fairways in play. Thats ridiculous, I dont even know what to say other than Wow. There are also a few RBZ rescues in play, around 10 to 20 from what I have been told.

And the R11S to RBZ count is 20 to 15 in favor of the R11S, RBZ is catching up. RBZ got a few new plays this week. Sean OHair put one in play, his is the 8.5 non tour. Ryuji Amada did pick up a RBZ Tour 9 this week, I heard he has been experimenting with a Attas 3. From what I have been told there is more NON tour shallow faces in play than RBZ tour Deep face. Sean Ohair, Luke Donald, Sabo are all playing them.

Jason Day and John Daly were two of the newest guys to pick up a RBZ fairway! John Daly also picked up a House of Forged Shaft!!!! Funny thing is Harrington picked up a SF 2.0 fairway. I dont know why he didnt go with the RBZ...

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Romo' timestamp='1331952814' post='4523041']
Has there been anything like this in the past with the introduction of a new club or is this explosion exclusive to the RBZ?
[/quote]
The last major intro of a fairway wood that had anywhere near this impact was the Orlimar TriMetal in the 90's. While it didn't hit this fast, it had a pretty insane share of Tour players on both the PGA and Senior Tours.
For several years they dominated the FW market among consumers also. Players from all other OEMs were playing them. It will be interesting to see here this goes.
I have two of them in my bag (T-3, T-5) I haven't carried two FW woods in a decade.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

Although it was playing slightly downwind, Luke Donald went long on a 575yd par 5. He flew the bunker guarding the front. Luke is not considered a long hitter and for him to go long on a 575 par 5 speaks volumes. 55 means it's crazy good. Camilo knocked it on in two also and made eagle on the same hole.

Ping G430 Max 9 Tour Chrome 2.0 65 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Hardy’s Yellow 70 X

Titleist 913h 19* Hybrid Diamana Blue

Titleist 818h1 4,5 Hybrid KBS Tour 75 Prototype Stiff

Ping G425 6,7 Hybrid Tensei Blue TX

Ping G425 8-PW

MIZUNO 900 Forged Gap Wedge

Vokey SM9 54 60

Taylormade Spider

[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1331952572' post='4523021']
Hey guys, I got some feedback from the PGA this week. First off 55+ RBZ Fairways in play. Thats ridiculous, I dont even know what to say other than Wow. There are also a few RBZ rescues in play, around 10 to 20 from what I have been told.

And the R11S to RBZ count is 20 to 15 in favor of the R11S, RBZ is catching up. RBZ got a few new plays this week. Sean OHair put one in play, his is the 8.5 non tour. Ryuji Amada did pick up a RBZ Tour 9 this week, I heard he has been experimenting with a Attas 3[b]. From what I have been told there is more NON tour shallow faces in play than RBZ tour Deep face. Sean Ohair, Luke Donald, Sabo are all playing them.
[/b]
Jason Day and John Daly were two of the newest guys to pick up a RBZ fairway! John Daly also picked up a House of Forged Shaft!!!! Funny thing is Harrington picked up a SF 2.0 fairway. I dont know why he didnt go with the RBZ...
[/quote]

Hey, thanks are you talking about the fairway tour and NON tour here??

Got a chance to get a rbz of a rep and hes asked if i want a tour version, i said yes obviously thinking its better, don't know which will better now!

Tm M1 Hzdrus 9.5
Titleist 915 Fd Tour Ad Di 7 s
Titleist 712 U 2 Iron
TM 3-PW PSI Project x 6.0
TM Tour Preffered 52, 58 KBS S
Odyssey 7 Standard
TM Flextech Lite Stand
Any Ball

[quote name='Caldymat' timestamp='1331979511' post='4523995']
[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1331952572' post='4523021']

And the R11S to RBZ count is 20 to 15 in favor of the R11S, RBZ is catching up. RBZ got a few new plays this week. Sean OHair put one in play, his is the 8.5 non tour. Ryuji Amada did pick up a RBZ Tour 9 this week, I heard he has been experimenting with a Attas 3[b]. From what I have been told there is more NON tour shallow faces in play than RBZ tour Deep face. Sean Ohair, Luke Donald, Sabo are all playing them.
[/b]
[/quote]

Hey, thanks are you talking about the fairway tour and NON tour here??

Got a chance to get a rbz of a rep and hes asked if i want a tour version, i said yes obviously thinking its better, don't know which will better now!
[/quote]

Thats between the two, 90% are Tour. There are maybe 5 non tour model.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

[quote name='Potatohead' timestamp='1332039245' post='4527755']
[quote name='G.Lin' timestamp='1332038307' post='4527681']
If these guys are playing non tours are they playing .350 tip shafts in them? Seems like a dumb question and they probably have special custom non-tour heads but was just wondering
[/quote]

Probably shimmed
[/quote]

yeah in the drivers they are using TP tips which are .335. On the fairways probably just shimming them.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

Jpturtle here you go.

Garrigus- RBZ Non Tour 8.5 with Kaili
Villegas- RBZ Non Tour 10.5 with TP7(BIG Bucks to play these shafts)
Goosen- RBZ Tour 9 with PX
Snedekar- He finally dropped the SF Non TP Proto + only for a R11S, which is pretty big news...
Verplank- He picked up a R11S this week with an Attas T2, also picked up a new RBZ tour 14.5
Garcia- Last I heard he was still playing the R11S, although he has been messing around with RBZs but hasent found one thats longer than his current set up.
Anyone else?

I did also hear this week that DJ has already exploded a club this year. That doesnt speak poorly for the R11S, just shows how hard that guy swings. He would break any club...

Another interesting thing from what I am hearing the hottest shaft out there is the Kuro Kage, its picking up a ton of players every week. Also the Tour Spec Speeders are getting a lot of play, they are also very good shafts.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1332048100' post='4528407']
Jpturtle here you go.

Snedekar- He finally dropped the SF Non TP Proto + only for a R11S, which is pretty big news...
Verplank- He picked up a R11S this week with an Attas T2, also picked up a new RBZ tour 14.5
Garcia- Last I heard he was still playing the R11S, although he has been messing around with RBZs but hasent found one thats longer than his current set up.
Anyone else?

I did also hear this week that DJ has already exploded a club this year. That doesnt speak poorly for the R11S, just shows how hard that guy swings. He would break any club...

Another interesting thing from what I am hearing the hottest shaft out there is the Kuro Kage, its picking up a ton of players every week. Also the Tour Spec Speeders are getting a lot of play, they are also very good shafts.
[/quote]

kuro kage? as in the 150$ model?

[quote name='icec0ld' timestamp='1332048271' post='4528413']
[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1332048100' post='4528407']
Jpturtle here you go.

Anyone else?

[/quote]

kuro kage? as in the 150$ model?
[/quote]

Yeah their cheapest shaft... haha, I think MAP is 200 and MSRP is 250. Goes to show you that a higher price does not always mean higher quality or a better product.

Best example is Aldila, they are the most played shaft on tour and yet as a manufacturer their shafts are cheaper on average than anyone else. Now look at Matrix lets say the TP series, there are many 5 to 10 in play in a given week, and almost all of those are pay for plays.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1332048919' post='4528441']
Yeah their cheapest shaft... haha, I think MAP is 200 and MSRP is 250. Goes to show you that a higher price does not always mean higher quality or a better product.

Best example is Aldila, they are the most played shaft on tour and yet as a manufacturer their shafts are cheaper on average than anyone else. Now look at Matrix lets say the TP series, there are many 5 to 10 in play in a given week, and almost all of those are pay for plays.
[/quote]

hahaha i don't think it's too hard to imagine anymore. after the devotion success and the hotness of the vts i'm starting to see things a lil more clearly. do you know what the bend profile is to the kuro kage and what current / past shafts have similar profiles? thanks will!

[quote name='icec0ld' timestamp='1332049155' post='4528463']
[quote name='willpeoples' timestamp='1332048919' post='4528441']

[/quote]

hahaha i don't think it's too hard to imagine anymore. after the devotion success and the hotness of the vts i'm starting to see things a lil more clearly. do you know what the bend profile is to the kuro kage and what current / past shafts have similar profiles? thanks will!
[/quote]

Yeah the VTS is a great one for the price. Especially this year now that they dropped the price down... Kuro Kage is Mid launch and mid spin, which is a very week category for shafts IMO. There is not many good ones out there.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters

This is great stuff, Will....thanks for the insight!

Josh

[color=#000000]Ping G30 LST - Ping Tour 65x[/color]
[color=#000000]Mizzy Fli-Hi 3 iron - Project X 6.0
Cobra Fly-Z Pro 4-AW - DG X100 ss1x
Vokey Wedgeworks 54* K Grind- DG S200
Ping Glide (SS) 60*/Lob Combo Grind - DG S400
Cameron Select NP2[/color]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/533027-jlevitt9s-witb-set-for-2013-possibly/"]WITB Link[/url]

i've wanted the cb4 tour 3 wood since it was introduced, but the RBZ has crept into my mind the last couple of weeks

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

The Kuro Kage lists for $199 on the mrc site. They just released I guess. Also, there is a non tour, tour, and tp head in rbz...right WP? I hit the tour and then tp and loved the shape of the tp. What does the non tour look like?

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

[quote name='moonshine' timestamp='1332089959' post='4529821']
The Kuro Kage lists for $199 on the mrc site. They just released I guess. Also, there is a non tour, tour, and tp head in rbz...right WP? I hit the tour and then tp and loved the shape of the tp. What does the non tour look like?
[/quote]

For retail RBZ heads, there are Tour and non-Tour models. All that TP refers to is a shaft upgrade and is available in both models. The heads don't change for TP.

PJ