2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

UPDATED VIDEO & PICS: Nike Covert Drivers, Woods & Irons

HipCheck

[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1359776781' post='6347733']
MoneyShot ---

Funny, but I have those same two sets... VR Pro's and Razr MB's. Small world for us nuts! LOL I have successfully avoided the new TM products this year. I swear I won't even try them because my head is spinning now as it is. I have a full gear of new Titleist's that may not make it into action this year for me as it looks to be a Cally/Nike year. Can't wait for those new Nike wedges to come out!!!
[/quote]

Very cool, it is a small world for us club ho's for sure. I'm anxious to see how the Rocketbladez Tours compare to my VR blades/X MBs. I cannot wait for the testing to begin!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359776947' post='6347749']
MoneyShot ---

Funny, but I have those same two sets... VR Pro's and Razr MB's. Small world for us nuts! LOL I have successfully avoided the new TM products this year. I swear I won't even try them because my head is spinning now as it is. I have a full gear of new Titleist's that may not make it into action this year for me as it looks to be a Cally/Nike year. Can't wait for those new Nike wedges to come out!!!
[/quote]

Very cool, it is a small world for us club ho's for sure. I'm anxious to see how the Rocketbladez Tours compare to my VR blades/X MBs. I cannot wait for the testing to begin!
[/quote]

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Rocketbladez Tours when you get them. I know I have sworn off TM gear this year, but I can't help but to be intrigued by the new technology. Hmmmm... I may have just justified a future purchase?!?! :) Must resist...

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

[quote name='cmb71' timestamp='1359777395' post='6347787']
[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359776947' post='6347749']
MoneyShot ---

[/quote]

[/quote]

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Rocketbladez Tours when you get them. I know I have sworn off TM gear this year, but I can't help but to be intrigued by the new technology. Hmmmm... I may have just justified a future purchase?!?! :) Must resist...
[/quote]

Will do. Let me know how your shoot out goes as well.

[quote name='longbal30' timestamp='1359254251' post='6305825']
2000-2800 spin for 150 mph ballspeeds are pretty good. Especially if you can get 12-14* launch angle. Just as a example, I am currently going through a 2 month long swing overhaul, I am just starting to get my speed back, but I am still down about 5 mph. I had a lesson today with flightscope and had 160-165 ballspeeds, swingspeed about 110 mph, launch around 12-13* and my spin was anywhere between 1700-2200. This was with a Nike covert, regular version, as he didnt have the tour for testing, but I did manage to put the kuro kage silver shaft in it. These numbers were netting me 270-285 carry's. Im pretty happy with those carry numbers, considering the current state of my swing. My teacher, who is a taylormade performance center teacher, was telling me that my spin numbers were ideal. I told him that last season my spin was lower, at about 1400-1700, and my ballspeeds were 170ish. He said that is very low spin, even for 170mph ballspeed. I even had some on trackman last season that wouldnt register my spin was so low. That fitter said trackman didnt like spinrates lower that 1500. But I do know for a fact that the slower the ballspeed, the higher the spin needs to be.
[/quote]

Hey there

Followed up on our comments from the other day. went back and tried the nike tour again with similar results if not a little better. Compared to my i20 the results were better. dispersion down to 25 yd circle with ten shots spin was up too on the I20 avg of 2550. But then i tried the new RFX which i hate the looks of. Ball speed beat both the covert and the I20 by 3 mph. but spin was up to 2700 avg and varied from than median only 150 rpm. or so. My LA was was 15.2 in the closed (slightly + loft setting for 9.5) The part i couldn't ignore is the dispersion.

I put ten shots in a row in tiny 10 yds circle just off center left. I've never hit a driver so accurately. I think it must be the heavier swing wieght.

Regardless

I want to go today to try it again maybe change the setting a tad to see if i can get the spin down a few hundred rpms without loosing the launch angle

Maybe i should try the x shaft trinity or the matrix shaft but in a higher loft head.

excited to see what comes today and to be finding more fairways

After hitting all the new drivers EXCEPT the coverts, I'm fairly certain I still wanna go with the covert (partially Nike biased). I cannot for the life of me decide what model to pick though. My current gamer is a 9.5* vr tour with px 6.5. Last time I was on a LM (foresight gc2) my avg numbers were 152 ball speed, 11.7 LA, 2283 total spin. I know my ball speed is slightly low but I haven't golfed since October so the swing is a little rusty.

Looking at those numbers though I feel that I could use some extra launch, but could still benefit from the lower spin head. The other drivers I tested this year include the RFX, 913,xhot,r1,rbzs2.

The RFX was my 2nd choice but in a 9.5 stiff trinity I was getting 13.5LA but 2900 spin.

I originally was thinking the performance head with the silver shaft but am now thinking of going with the tour stock setup, and just keeping the low spin head and jacking the loft up to 10.5 or even 11 if I had to.

From those numbers can anyone recommend what head and shaft to choose? I would consider even the 70gram KK silver to keep the dispersion tighter. I'm also open to uncharged shafts as long as its not insane.

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359772559' post='6347365']
[quote name='Shaank0' timestamp='1359770199' post='6347129']
Finally hit both covert heads with stock offerings. should of bought the performance one because I was hitting it 280-29^!!!! on fore site monitor at golfsmith Although I can hit 280 relatively easy with my current setup. These shots were pretty bad. LOL
I now know what they mean about inflated launch monitors. I really like the tour head, and I am hoping my club fitter can offset the low spin nature with a shaft to make it optimal for me.

But both heads felt nice though.
[/quote]

So you purchased the Tour version right?
[/quote]

I hope so, but I don't think its going to happen. Im waiting for the fitting cart to show up at Pure Impact Golf studio, so I can get fit for one of these bad boys.
I think it will end up being to low of spin for me, as the RBZ tour was like that for me last year. I am gaming a regular RBZ. Though Through some swing changed Ivejumped a considerable amount in swing speed all through the bag, so now I am spinning my current driver to much now.

I know if I end up purchasing it, Im gonna end up with a all nike bag... Which is kind of dumb seeing I just bought my 2nd Scratch TD set last year. Its sad that the decisions of what clubs im going to play is on my mind 75% of the day and I cant even play right now. Its a sickness!

[quote name='TheMoneyShot' timestamp='1359726461' post='6342789']
[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1359724795' post='6342663']
Got my 3 wood (Covert tour) in yesterday. Hopefully I'll pound some in my simulator today and hit the course with it this weekend.
[/quote]

Sweet! I cannot wait for a review after you pound a few. Does the flex loft collar look big and bulky from address?
[/quote]
First---The flex-loft adp doesn't bother me at all, although I can see where some of the guys would think it looks bulky. To me, its just like the swoosh in the heel. I know its there, but thats about it. Not distracting. (We're supposed to be focusing on the target and the ball anyways right?)

Second---this thing is LOW launch just like the Tour driver. Specs: CT 3 wood with KK Silver 70S. I've tried it at 14,15, and 16 loft in my simulator. 14 is a beast off the tee. I might even give the 13 loft a shot for giggles. Off the mat, not happening. Bumped it to 15 and got similar results as the 14. Very low launch. Avg probably a 9 deg launch angle off the mat. Moved it to 16 and the launch angle got up to 11 LA for the most part. I did hang bang and flip at a few to get up to 13, but no higher. This kind of scares me, cause my LTD 3 wood avgs about 14 launch angle in my simulator, and I'm trying to hit it higher.

I'm going to try and get to the course today and hit the 3 wood along with both drivers that I have out of my store on demo. Will report back tonight if I can get out there.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

[quote name='novakjrp1' timestamp='1359774220' post='6347523']
[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1359759299' post='6346245']
Pre-ordered the Covert Tour with a Fuji Motore Speeder 7.2x shaft. Can't wait to dial up the loft and hit some bombs! Ships 2/8 to my door!
[/quote]

If you don't mind sharing, how much was the up charge for that shaft?
[/quote]

I paid $559 total with a NDMC grip, shipped. Kind of expensive, but it should be my only Driver purchase of the year. I ho, but when I find a driver, I keep it.

[quote name='markjinc' timestamp='1359915714' post='6355559']
Pre-ordered the Covert Tour with a Fuji Motore Speeder 7.2x shaft. Can't wait to dial up the loft and hit some bombs! Ships 2/8 to my door!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I paid $559 total with a NDMC grip, shipped. Kind of expensive, but it should be my only Driver purchase of the year. I ho, but when I find a driver, I keep it.
[/quote]

Wow, that was expensive for a Covert Tour driver. I'm sure it's going to be nice though!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats actually a pretty good deal. $150 for the TS and $9 for the grip. Not even taking into consideration what the tax was.

[quote name='Joe2282' timestamp='1359921888' post='6356083']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats actually a pretty good deal. $150 for the TS and $9 for the grip. Not even taking into consideration what the tax was.
[/quote]
No tax. Grip was actually $5 up charge, $154 for the shaft. Can't wait!!!

Made it to the range today. Pretty wet out there, but not horrible. 55 deg. Wind about 15-20 dead in face. I hit a few irons and a couple with my VR Tour just to loosen up. My swing felt pretty crappy, but I did start to get a little bit of timing back before I left.
I hit the Covert Perf with the KK Blk, the CT with the KK Silver, and then changed the shafts to hit the Perf with the KK Silver. As I had kind of expected, the CT with the KK Silver doesn't work for me. I just can't hit it high enough. I had it up to the 11.5 setting and it wasn't even close to being a high enough launch. The feel was great, just what I like, but it doesn't matter if the performance isn't there. The Perf driver with the blk shaft wasn't to bad. It had a much higher launch angle and was prob carrying about 240 into the wind (hard to tell exactly..wasn't making it to the 250 banner, but looked like it was getting pretty close). I then put the KK Silver into the Perf head and got what I think was my best results. The distance was about the same (240ish carry), but the control was a lot better than with the blk shaft. The Perf head with the Silver shaft feels most like my VR Tour (weight-wise), so that may have some to do with it. I feel like this is combo that I'm going to order. I'm probably going to play a round with it first, but I'm kind of spastic so I'm not ruling out ordering it when I get to work tomorrow.

Last I hit the CT 3 wood. The results outside were much better than in the simulator yesterday. Had it set to 14 deg. Off the tee, it was easy to hit and easy to work. It seemed to be carrying just short of where the driver was going. I moved around until I found a dry spot and hit some off the deck. Contrary to my first thoughts, it was pretty easy to get airborne off the ground. It may actually knock the LTD outta of my bag. Next time I'll hit both against one another to make the final decision.

FYI....the driving range was really wet today. I didn't notice any mud or grass collecting in the cavity back on any of the clubs. Even the 3 wood off the deck stayed clean. The only problem was (like the previous adj drivers/fwys I've had) is that the hole where the adj screw is got pretty dirty.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1359953417' post='6358903']
Made it to the range today. Pretty wet out there, but not horrible. 55 deg. Wind about 15-20 dead in face. I hit a few irons and a couple with my VR Tour just to loosen up. My swing felt pretty crappy, but I did start to get a little bit of timing back before I left.
I hit the Covert Perf with the KK Blk, the CT with the KK Silver, and then changed the shafts to hit the Perf with the KK Silver. As I had kind of expected, the CT with the KK Silver doesn't work for me. I just can't hit it high enough. I had it up to the 11.5 setting and it wasn't even close to being a high enough launch. The feel was great, just what I like, but it doesn't matter if the performance isn't there. The Perf driver with the blk shaft wasn't to bad. It had a much higher launch angle and was prob carrying about 240 into the wind (hard to tell exactly..wasn't making it to the 250 banner, but looked like it was getting pretty close). I then put the KK Silver into the Perf head and got what I think was my best results. The distance was about the same (240ish carry), but the control was a lot better than with the blk shaft. The Perf head with the Silver shaft feels most like my VR Tour (weight-wise), so that may have some to do with it. I feel like this is combo that I'm going to order. I'm probably going to play a round with it first, but I'm kind of spastic so I'm not ruling out ordering it when I get to work tomorrow.

Last I hit the CT 3 wood. The results outside were much better than in the simulator yesterday. Had it set to 14 deg. Off the tee, it was easy to hit and easy to work. It seemed to be carrying just short of where the driver was going. I moved around until I found a dry spot and hit some off the deck. Contrary to my first thoughts, it was pretty easy to get airborne off the ground. It may actually knock the LTD outta of my bag. Next time I'll hit both against one another to make the final decision.

FYI....the driving range was really wet today. I didn't notice any mud or grass collecting in the cavity back on any of the clubs. Even the 3 wood off the deck stayed clean. The only problem was (like the previous adj drivers/fwys I've had) is that the hole where the adj screw is got pretty dirty.
[/quote]
I already preordered my covert tour but also ordered a AD DI 7x to go with it. With all this talk about the tour being a lower launch do you think this shaft should bring the launch up to a mid/high flight? I currently game a AD DI and have a nice high ball flight. Hoping it'll work out for me. Don't have any golf shops around here to go get fitted or anything. Nearest is probably 3 hours away.

[quote name='richmoney6771' timestamp='1359981723' post='6359603']

[/quote]
I already preordered my covert tour but also ordered a AD DI 7x to go with it. With all this talk about the tour being a lower launch do you think this shaft should bring the launch up to a mid/high flight? I currently game a AD DI and have a nice high ball flight. Hoping it'll work out for me. Don't have any golf shops around here to go get fitted or anything. Nearest is probably 3 hours away.
[/quote]
Not going to be much help. I'm sorry. I've never been lucky enough to hit or play a driver with the AD series in it. I've had a few friends in the business get them and love them, but I never get to see those guys on the course. Looking at specs, both shafts look like they have a mid or mid/high kick depending on flex. If you're already hitting it high, maybe it'll work out perfectly for a mid flight with the CT head.

I do hit the ball really low for the most part. I almost never leave a round saying that I hit shots too high today. The low launch/low spin of the CT work against my attempts to raise my launch angle. It sure looks good behind the ball though. Hopefully, it'll be perfect for you.

[quote name='shakey' timestamp='1359984386' post='6359711']
[quote name='richmoney6771' timestamp='1359981723' post='6359603']

[/quote]
[/quote]
Not going to be much help. I'm sorry. I've never been lucky enough to hit or play a driver with the AD series in it. I've had a few friends in the business get them and love them, but I never get to see those guys on the course. Looking at specs, both shafts look like they have a mid or mid/high kick depending on flex. If you're already hitting it high, maybe it'll work out perfectly for a mid flight with the CT head.

I do hit the ball really low for the most part. I almost never leave a round saying that I hit shots too high today. The low launch/low spin of the CT work against my attempts to raise my launch angle. It sure looks good behind the ball though. Hopefully, it'll be perfect for you.
[/quote]
Ya I'm hoping the AD shaft will help out with getting the flight higher. And yeah I couldn't resist the looks of the tour, the red and black looks awesome! Thanks for your input

I got to hit both the Performance and Tour head today with a few different shafts. First off, I hit the Tour for about 5 swings and put it back. There is no way I could ever play that head; it launches and spins entirely too low. For those that play an 8.5 driver with a 103X whiteboard and complain they spin too much...try this driver.

Currently, I play a Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5 w/ Fubuki 63x. My SSpeed is around 105-110 and my BSpeed hovers around 155-160. Launch is usually around 12* with 2500-3000 spin.

I hit the Performance with 4 different shaft: stock performance Kuro Kage stiff, stock tour Kuro Kage x-stiff, Oban Kiyoshi stiff, VTS Silver stiff

The thing I noticed right off the bat is that no matter the shaft I put in, my BSpeed was 3-5mph faster each time and my spin rate was down by about 500. I played the Performance head at 11.5 neutral for all 4 shafts. I hit ~5 balls with each to get a quick average.

Stock Performance stiff: 108SSpeed, 162 BSpeed, 10* launch, 2400 spin. The numbers were not bad, but I did not like the feel of this combo.
Stock Tour x-stiff: 111SSpeed, 167 BSpeed, 10.5* launch, 2200 spin. This gave me the best numbers and distance
Oban Kiyoshi stiff: 110 SSpeed, 165 BSpeed, 9.8* launch, 2100 spin. This by far was the best feeling, but also most expensive and I was a few mph lower with BSpeed.
Mamiya VTS stiff: 111 SSpeed, 164 BSpeed, 10.2* launch, 2300 spin. This was also a great feeling shaft and my numbers were similar.

Any of the last three would be great for me as my shaft, but since there is no upcharge to put the tour shaft in the performance head, this is what I will probably do. The Kiyoshi and VTS look incredibly sharp against that red head with the white check mark. Also, as others have pointed out, the shaft length did not feel overly long. My driver now I play at 45.5" and there was no noticeable difference in feel (for length).

I hit the fairway and hybrid as well but not nearly as in depth. The fairway I am probably going to pass on but only because I couldn't hit it high enough. I was getting it out there to about a 240-250 carry, but I only got it to a 10* launch angle one time. This thing is very fast though, I was seeing numbers in the mid 150's for Bspeed.

The hybrid was similar. I had to work to get it up in the air but it went forever when hit. I will work with getting fit for a hybrid though; I really like the idea to adjust my loft to fill in my gaps.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1360013223' post='6362605']
I got to hit both the Performance and Tour head today with a few different shafts. First off, I hit the Tour for about 5 swings and put it back. There is no way I could ever play that head; it launches and spins entirely too low. For those that play an 8.5 driver with a 103X whiteboard and complain they spin too much...try this driver.

Currently, I play a Callaway RAZR Fit 10.5 w/ Fubuki 63x. My SSpeed is around 105-110 and my BSpeed hovers around 155-160. Launch is usually around 12* with 2500-3000 spin.

I hit the Performance with 4 different shaft: stock performance Kuro Kage stiff, stock tour Kuro Kage x-stiff, Oban Kiyoshi stiff, VTS Silver stiff

The thing I noticed right off the bat is that no matter the shaft I put in, my BSpeed was 3-5mph faster each time and my spin rate was down by about 500. I played the Performance head at 11.5 neutral for all 4 shafts. I hit ~5 balls with each to get a quick average.

Stock Performance stiff: 108SSpeed, 162 BSpeed, 10* launch, 2400 spin. The numbers were not bad, but I did not like the feel of this combo.
Stock Tour x-stiff: 111SSpeed, 167 BSpeed, 10.5* launch, 2200 spin. This gave me the best numbers and distance
Oban Kiyoshi stiff: 110 SSpeed, 165 BSpeed, 9.8* launch, 2100 spin. This by far was the best feeling, but also most expensive and I was a few mph lower with BSpeed.
Mamiya VTS stiff: 111 SSpeed, 164 BSpeed, 10.2* launch, 2300 spin. This was also a great feeling shaft and my numbers were similar.

Any of the last three would be great for me as my shaft, but since there is no upcharge to put the tour shaft in the performance head, this is what I will probably do. The Kiyoshi and VTS look incredibly sharp against that red head with the white check mark. Also, as others have pointed out, the shaft length did not feel overly long. My driver now I play at 45.5" and there was no noticeable difference in feel (for length).

I hit the fairway and hybrid as well but not nearly as in depth. The fairway I am probably going to pass on but only because I couldn't hit it high enough. I was getting it out there to about a 240-250 carry, but I only got it to a 10* launch angle one time. This thing is very fast though, I was seeing numbers in the mid 150's for Bspeed.

The hybrid was similar. I had to work to get it up in the air but it went forever when hit. I will work with getting fit for a hybrid though; I really like the idea to adjust my loft to fill in my gaps.
[/quote]

Nice review!

Which Kiyoshi was it? I hit both with the White and loved it...

Also, what was the upcharge for the kiyoshi?

Sorry, it was the Kiyoshi White. I was told it would be something like $325 upcharge (but I believe it is a $400 shaft).

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

^^I keep trying to fool around with custom options on nike.net but the custon club page has been down since jan 26th. I check back about every two days and nothing yet. It keeps telling me that it'll be back up and running on jan 27th.

Custom shaft prices: and I'm going to skip the stock offerings as well as old stock offering because there is no upcharge for any of them... Also, I'm just gonna throw in the shafts that are pretty popular around here.

Aldila Rip, Rip'd NV, and Phenom - J (upcharge code)
Fujikura Fuel - I
Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec - N
GD Tour AD DI - M
Matrix Black, Red, and White Ties - M
Fubuki Tour - M
Fubuki Alpha and K Series - N
Diamana (all models) - N
Oban Devotions - J
Oban Kiyoshi White - Q
Project X and PXV Tour - L
Proforce VTS - K

And now for the prices:
I - 129
J - 169
K - 209
L - 249
M - 299
N - 349
O - 379
P - 419
Q - 469

All prices are MSRP for the upgrades...

[quote name='cartwright' timestamp='1360072810' post='6366279']
Custom shaft prices: and I'm going to skip the stock offerings as well as old stock offering because there is no upcharge for any of them... Also, I'm just gonna throw in the shafts that are pretty popular around here.

Aldila Rip, Rip'd NV, and Phenom - J (upcharge code)
Fujikura Fuel - I
Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec - N
GD Tour AD DI - M
Matrix Black, Red, and White Ties - M
Fubuki Tour - M
Fubuki Alpha and K Series - N
Diamana (all models) - N
Oban Devotions - J
Oban Kiyoshi White - Q
Project X and PXV Tour - L
Proforce VTS - K

And now for the prices:
I - 129
J - 169
K - 209
L - 249
M - 299
N - 349
O - 379
P - 419
Q - 469

All prices are MSRP for the upgrades...
[/quote]

Sweet!!! Thanks for posting this info!

Well, happy to report back to you all that reshafting a Covert driver is a fairly simple task.

The majority of the tip is metal, that small nub on the end is a small ferrule. The plastic ferrule is hard to save, but thankfully the small Callaway ferrules can be used.

Reshafted with my custom Accra Tour z, decided to have fun with the color scheme, added a no1 grip to it. Can't wait to hit it.

DC Area guys, go see Pablo G., he did a flawless job doing the reshaft. There were a couple of oddities, so now that he's gone through them, should be able to help you.

About the shaft lengths of the drivers, for example, if you measure by setting the clubs at address, and putting the toes against a wall and seeing how the length differs, the Covert Tour and 913 are same length, with RFE being longer. But if you use a measurer where it measures from the center of the sole to the grip tip, the Covert Tour and RFE are same length, with 913 being a 1/4" shorter. Just FYI.

cov22.jpg

cov33.jpg

covname.jpg

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom

Well, happy to report back to you all that reshafting a Covert driver is a fairly simple task.

The majority of the tip is metal, that small nub on the end is a small ferrule. The plastic ferrule is hard to save, but thankfully the small Callaway ferrules can be used.

Reshafted with my custom Accra Tour z, decided to have fun with the color scheme, added a no1 grip to it. Can't wait to hit it.

DC Area guys, go see Pablo G., he did a flawless job doing the reshaft. There were a couple of oddities, so now that he's gone through them, should be able to help you.

cov22.jpg

cov33.jpg

That looks sick with that shaft, nice job!

cov22.jpg

cov33.jpg

That is a awesome looking stick. Great set-up with the NO1 grip as the finishing touch. Great work and I love this driver. Looks great and it performs.

RYAN

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

cov22.jpg

cov33.jpg

That is a awesome looking stick. Great set-up with the NO1 grip as the finishing touch. Great work and I love this driver. Looks great and it performs.

RYAN

Thanks for the compliment! I tried to work in a South Korean color scheme, red white (soft) blue and a little black.

Going to put it in play tomorrow, will report back on findings.

M3 440 IZ-6
M3 15 IZ-7
P790
Handground Vokeys
009M custom