Okay, what local course would you love to play, but don't have access to...

I live in the Atlanta Area...and there are only two courses I want to play that I cant get on

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

TPC Sugarloaf is over rated and I am playing East Lake this spring so that leaves these two on my list.

I've never had the opportunity to play AAC or Sugarloaf, but i did play at a club called the River Club in Suwanee Ga, that course is Unreal, beats anything i have ever played anywhere, i've played in Mytrle Beach, Pinehurst and Las Vegas. The greens were as true as TW being the worlds #1 player.

Have you ever heard of the club dansrixon? We were told that (Ron White) from blue collar comedy lived there,pretty exclusive club, there are only two pilers that expose the club, blink once and you miss it.

Gmonster

I have heard of it...never played it though. I will have to check it out. Suwanne is a town over from where i live.

I would definitely recommend it,if you find a member give me a heads up (cool) I was able to play there because i was in a corporate tournament. I would do anything to play there again.Well almost anything :) . What do you think about Old Atlanta in Suwanee? Have you ever been there?

Gmonster

I LOVE Old Atlanta, very under rated course. I think it is a fun layout. I used to play there all the time befoer they changed management. I drive past it on my way home everyday and get the urge to play it again. Old Atlanta is a great track but is Laurel Springs is the best course in Suwanee that I have played, Its a private Nicklaus course off of 141.

Same here dansrixon, i think that Old Atlanta is a pretty good test of your golf skill. When did the management change? Is that the reason you don't play there anymore? I have heard of Laurel Springs but never played there. There are golf course and/or clubs all over Atlanta that are gems in the rough :)

What's your take on Wolf Creek,Reunion and Crooked Creek?

Oh yeah......... just wondering,whats your handicap?

Gmonster

Old Atlanta's management changed in August/September of this year. Old managment I used to get on their for free, thats why I havent been back.

I havent played Wolf Creek, Reunion or Crooked Creek... I think Emerald Point at Lake Lanier Islands is the most fun layout in the area...only down side is they have been having problems with crab grass on their greens...its a real fun course, lots of risk/reward holes, island greens, lots of over water carries.

I am finally back to single digits for the first time in two years (9 handicap) I have been stuck at a 13 for a while but a couple good rounds in a past couple weeks has got me down....my game is coming around just in time for the PGA show!!! hahaha

just hope I will have a chance to play down there.

Driver: ZX5 MKII 8.5 LS w NEWTON MOTION SHAFT 6 DOT
Fairway: Srixon ZX MKII 13.5* w/ GD TOUR AD M9003
Hybrid: Srixon ZX MKII 16* w/ Nippon GOST

Utility: Srixon ZX MKII 20* w/Nippon GOST
Irons: SRIXON ZX5 LIMITED EDITION BLACK C-TAPER 120 BLACK
Wedges: RTX6 50* and 56*
Putter: Frontline Elite RHO

Ball: Z-Star XV Divide

All with Bad@$$ headcovers

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in the Atlanta Area...and there are only two courses I want to play that I cant get on

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

TPC Sugarloaf is over rated and I am playing East Lake this spring so that leaves these two on my list.

I've never had the opportunity to play AAC or Sugarloaf, but i did play at a club called the River Club in Suwanee Ga, that course is Unreal, beats anything i have ever played anywhere, i've played in Mytrle Beach, Pinehurst and Las Vegas. The greens were as true as TW being the worlds #1 player.

Have you ever heard of the club dansrixon? We were told that (Ron White) from blue collar comedy lived there,pretty exclusive club, there are only two pilers that expose the club, blink once and you miss it.

Gmonster

I have heard of it...never played it though. I will have to check it out. Suwanne is a town over from where i live.

I would definitely recommend it,if you find a member give me a heads up (cool) I was able to play there because i was in a corporate tournament. I would do anything to play there again.Well almost anything :) . What do you think about Old Atlanta in Suwanee? Have you ever been there?

Gmonster

I LOVE Old Atlanta, very under rated course. I think it is a fun layout. I used to play there all the time befoer they changed management. I drive past it on my way home everyday and get the urge to play it again. Old Atlanta is a great track but is Laurel Springs is the best course in Suwanee that I have played, Its a private Nicklaus course off of 141.

Same here dansrixon, i think that Old Atlanta is a pretty good test of your golf skill. When did the management change? Is that the reason you don't play there anymore? I have heard of Laurel Springs but never played there. There are golf course and/or clubs all over Atlanta that are gems in the rough :)

Gmonster

Old Atlanta's management changed in August/September of this year. Old managment I used to get on their for free, thats why I havent been back.

I havent played Wolf Creek, Reunion or Crooked Creek... I think Emerald Point at Lake Lanier Islands is the most fun layout in the area...only down side is they have been having problems with crab grass on their greens...its a real fun course, lots of risk/reward holes, island greens, lots of over water carries.

I am finally back to single digits for the first time in two years (9 handicap) I have been stuck at a 13 for a while but a couple good rounds in a past couple weeks has got me down....my game is coming around just in time for the PGA show!!! hahaha

My uncle joined River Club recently and I have had the change to play there a dozen times so far. Hands down one fo the nicest courses I have played, It ranks up there with Old Memorial in Tampa. Only 125 members right now, the course is always in perfect shape. Practice facility is great and well thought out, the entire course is marked up with the pin sheets updated daily. The staff there is great, I am not a member and they treat me well. There is no club house right now, it is set to break ground in the next 30 days.

Ron white does live there, he has a house on hole #4.

If you have a chance, you need to jump on it.

If anyone is looking to play in Atlanta, hit me up.

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

Gmonster

Gmonster

Gmonster

My uncle joined River Club recently and I have had the change to play there a dozen times so far. Hands down one fo the nicest courses I have played, It ranks up there with Old Memorial in Tampa. Only 125 members right now, the course is always in perfect shape. Practice facility is great and well thought out, the entire course is marked up with the pin sheets updated daily. The staff there is great, I am not a member and they treat me well. There is no club house right now, it is set to break ground in the next 30 days.

Well I guess I that leaves me no choice....my new mission in life is to play the river club!!!!

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

Gmonster

I would definitely recommend it,if you find a member give me a heads up ;) I was able to play there because i was in a corporate tournament. I would do anything to play there again.Well almost anything :) . What do you think about Old Atlanta in Suwanee? Have you ever been there?

Gmonster

Gmonster

Yeah, man i've played there,i like the track very much risk/reward when playing. So your going to the PGA show in Orlando. Are you in the golf biz dansrixon?If my memory serves don't you have to have a PGA card to get in, or be invited? Nice handicap,how much do you get out to play?

I'm a little surprised that you haven't played at Reunion........ Thats one of my favs,very nice greens to play on,i really hate playing on a course that has sh%ty greens (cool) .

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

Gmonster

I would definitely recommend it,if you find a member give me a heads up ;) I was able to play there because i was in a corporate tournament. I would do anything to play there again.Well almost anything :) . What do you think about Old Atlanta in Suwanee? Have you ever been there?

Gmonster

Gmonster

Dude , you are one lucky guy, that is a hell of a track. So they don't have a club house built...... huh,didn't really pay much atintion when i was there. How new of a course is that? Well i guess that those guys i was playing with knew what they were talking about (cool) with the whole Ron White thing . Just wondering scs1070 can Ron swing with a cigar and drink in his hand lmao. How often do you play scs1070? What's your handicap?

Gmonster

image001.jpg

Dallas National

http://www.dallasnationalgolfclub.com/

Or Vaquero

http://www.vaqueroclub.com/

Both are completely unplayable for me, as my job/personal network is really, really low. A few years ago when I was in sales - I had more contacts to possibly get onto these courses, but not anymore, sadly. :)

image001.jpg

Dallas National

http://www.dallasnationalgolfclub.com/

Or Vaquero

http://www.vaqueroclub.com/

Both are completely unplayable for me, as my job/personal network is really, really low. A few years ago when I was in sales - I had more contacts to possibly get onto these courses, but not anymore, sadly. :)

I feel your pain Sam TT if you don't have the conections,or money to join these nice golf courses it really can make you wanna :) expecially if you've played them before.

Gmonster (cool)

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

Gmonster

Gmonster

Gmonster

Dude , you are one lucky guy, that is a hell of a track. So they don't have a club house built...... huh,didn't really pay much atintion when i was there. How new of a course is that? Well i guess that those guys i was playing with knew what they were talking about (cool) with the whole Ron White thing . Just wondering scs1070 can Ron swing with a cigar and drink in his hand lmao. How often do you play scs1070? What's your handicap?

Gmonster

Yeah, everytime I get invited back out there I don't make any sudden moves or loud noises....I don't want to be uninvited.

From what I know, the course is 18-20 months old. They have a "golf house", but not a full blow club house yet. They said they basically wanted to grow the neighborhood and the membership before all that happen.

I have never seen him out there, I just know what house is his b/c my uncle points it out everytime we are on that hole.

I play as often as work and weather allow, probably 2 times a month. I am a 3 handicap.

So your going to the PGA show in Orlando. Are you in the golf biz dansrixon?If my memory serves don't you have to have a PGA card to get in, or be invited? Nice handicap,how much do you get out to play?

I'm a little surprised that you haven't played at Reunion........ Thats one of my favs,very nice greens to play on,i really hate playing on a course that has sh%ty greens :crazy: .

You can get invited if you are working the demo day before the show. I will be in Orlando for the golffest demo days sat/sun, golf monday, meetings tuesday PGA Show demo day Wed, show thurs.

during the warmer months I try to get out atleast 4 times a month min. These days not so much, I have been on course in over a month. I will be hitting the range hard this week though...

I will have to check Reunion out as well. I know a bunch of people I work with have played there but I have only lived in the Atlanta area for a year and half so I havent been able to get everywhere yet.

1) Atlanta Athletic CLub

2) Peachtree Golf Club

Gmonster

I would definitely recommend it,if you find a member give me a heads up :idhitit: I was able to play there because i was in a corporate tournament. I would do anything to play there again.Well almost anything :kewlpics: . What do you think about Old Atlanta in Suwanee? Have you ever been there?

Gmonster

Same here dansrixon, i think that Old Atlanta is a pretty good test of your golf skill. When did the management change? Is that the reason you don't play there anymore? I have heard of Laurel Springs but never played there. There are golf course and/or clubs all over Atlanta that are gems in the rough :crazy:

Gmonster

Dude , you are one lucky guy, that is a hell of a track. So they don't have a club house built...... huh,didn't really pay much atintion when i was there. How new of a course is that? Well i guess that those guys i was playing with knew what they were talking about :idhitit: with the whole Ron White thing . Just wondering scs1070 can Ron swing with a cigar and drink in his hand lmao. How often do you play scs1070? What's your handicap?

Gmonster

Yeah, everytime I get invited back out there I don't make any sudden moves or loud noises....I don't want to be uninvited.

From what I know, the course is 18-20 months old. They have a "golf house", but not a full blow club house yet. They said they basically wanted to grow the neighborhood and the membership before all that happen.

I have never seen him out there, I just know what house is his b/c my uncle points it out everytime we are on that hole.

I play as often as work and weather allow, probably 2 times a month. I am a 3 handicap.

Yeah i would be the same way scs1070, what is the overall yardage of the course from the tips? I didn't check when i was there this passed fall. It seemed like there were allot of homes back there more than i would have thought.

Nice handicap,seems like there are allot of good players in Atlanta. I used to be at a 10 but i'm more around a 15 right now,i really hope to improve that this year. If you don't mind playing with a guy that's not at your skill level let me know? I'm mostly a fair weather kinda guy ;)

I live in Suwanee Gmonster

So your going to the PGA show in Orlando. Are you in the golf biz dansrixon?If my memory serves don't you have to have a PGA card to get in, or be invited? Nice handicap,how much do you get out to play?

I'm a little surprised that you haven't played at Reunion........ Thats one of my favs,very nice greens to play on,i really hate playing on a course that has sh%ty greens :crazy: .

You can get invited if you are working the demo day before the show. I will be in Orlando for the golffest demo days sat/sun, golf monday, meetings tuesday PGA Show demo day Wed, show thurs.

during the warmer months I try to get out atleast 4 times a month min. These days not so much, I have been on course in over a month. I will be hitting the range hard this week though...

I will have to check Reunion out as well. I know a bunch of people I work with have played there but I have only lived in the Atlanta area for a year and half so I havent been able to get everywhere yet.

First off, how did you get that one quote on this message? Very cool ;) I've heard that you can get really good deals at that show,and isn't everyday demo day there? Yes Reunion is a nice course,but i'm sure that your not playing a dog trac at that Nicklaus course you play at.lol

You and i are about the same handicap(you being 5strokes better) if you ever wanna tee it up sometime let me know. I think that we may live close to each other.I'm a fair weather golfer, 50deg and above.I guess that's one good thing about living here in the south,you get allot of those days here.

Have fun in Orlando,Gmonster

In the southeastern area of Virginia, I think I'd have to go with Kinloch. From what I've heard from a number of people that whose opinion I respect a lot, "if there is any other place in America that could pass for Augusta, it's Kinloch."

http://www.kinlochgolfclub.com/

I could also throw in Robert Trent Jones Golf Club (RTJ) but that gets up into the northern Virginia area where I could start naming all kinds of courses in DC and Maryland as well.

• 5 months later...

Golfware, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've lived in San Francisco my whole life. I've driven by Olympic Club on Skyline with views of the course a million times. I'm dying to play that course. I always tell myself, one of these days I just going take my clubs and just walk right onto that course...

But I don't want to get arrested or anything just for a round of golf... Any generous members on GolfWRX?

MN- Hazeltine, Interlachen, Spring Hill, I caddy at Windsong so i can play there on Mondays

MN-Same as above, and since I don't caddy at Windsong, that is also on my list.

Outside of MN, I really want to get on at Sand Hills and Dismal River in NE. I have a buddy who lives out there, but no access to those 2 courses.

Merion East- West

Gulph Mills

Aronimink

Overbrook

Baltusrol

Oakmont

The Ace Club

Pine Valley

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Well I live 10-15mins from Pine Valley so I guess I should say that... My bro-in-law's exboss lives there and was going to try to invite us to play, but ran into $$'s issues.

We have a TPC in Princeton, that my bro got married at that was pretty beautiful!

Also, in Pennsy we have asome beautiful courses, and we're having a US Open here I believe in a few years .. I forget the name...

Anyways, we have some pretty good courses..

SiD

Mayacama, Santa Rosa, CA

Meadow Club, Fairfax, CA

smarshal,

I played Mayacama regularly a few summers ago. A lot of fun. A great experience. Too bad the guy that I knew who had a membership moved.

I live about 5 minutes from Garden City Golf Club and about 15 minutes from Deepdale, so I wouldn't turn down an invitation to play either one...or both. :shok:

Johnnypro,

I grew up playing GCGC. Its awesome. Do you live in GC?

Golfware,

I agree with you, SFGC would be the pinnacle. I've been trying for 10 years now. Someday.

Glad to see Rich Harvest Links on all you Chicago player's list! I've read a lot about it and when I saw it among the US Mid-Amateur qualifying sites, I jumped right on it! So, I'll be there in early Sept! Planned on trying to play Cog Hill too, the PGA Tour is in town that week, so off to The Glen Club I go! Any other tips on where to play while I'm there would be appreciated. Working hard pulling some strings to get on Medinah, Butler, or Olympia Fields.

As for Houston courses - I need to knock Carlton Woods, River Oaks, Whispering Pines (#1 in TX!!), and Houston CC off my list. I've played Lochinvar probably 100 times. Great conditioned track....not much of a challenge. Shot 70 there last Sunday. Played Champions this past Tuesday for the 5-6 time.....always a treat!