SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gord, any ETA on the iPad SP app? It's almost Sept and golf season is winding down in the northeast. The only thing I noticed from the last app update was the calibration said to move faster.

Regarding the lack of comparatives, since Michael Breed is your spokesperson can we get his swing numbers (from putter to driver) in the next app update? Or better yet, have him talk about the SP on The Golf Fix as an effective training tool. It would provide great publicity to SP and guide your existing / prospective customers in understanding your metrics with that of a pro instructor. Perhaps you can take the SP on the road and partner with Golf Channel / On The Range to capture swings and build a database of LPGA and PGA Tour players. Would love to see the swings of Adam Scott and Louis Oosthuizen.

[quote name='swingnmiss' timestamp='1377912418' post='7774869']
I was so excited about this thing and I rushed to buy it when it launched and now it's pretty much become a $200 paperweight for me. Maybe they need a guide to show how to use it to correct various swing faults but it hasn't helped me with takeaway, swing plane, and turn.
[/quote]Swingnmiss,
I felt exactly like you. I sent it back for a refund. But that was before I started reading all the posts. Yes, I read...or at least scanned...all of them. I came to see the evolution of the product. I also came to see how one can use it to "frame" their particular favorite swing and then GROOVE that swing by repetitive attempts to match the numbers. I then decided to give the SP another try. Has it worked a miracle ...NO!
But it has really helped repair some faults that have creped into my swing. In a previous post I wrote how I am attempting to use SP and a video app for my iphone called Ubersense. The latter takes videos which can be worked on. Like drawing lines to get degrees. This has been helpful in getting the degrees and then going back to SP and working with them there. Is it perfect, NO! Is it a big help for me, YES! Is it a miracle solution that will see my Hcp drop overnight, NO! Is it a solution that will be used in being able to aid me providing feedback that what I am doing is constructive, YES!
So, your frustration with your SP being a $200 doorstop is understandable, but that being said, I hope this post gives you some new insights. Insights that will turn the doorstop into a door opener to a much improved swing.

I've heard about first generation SkyPros falling apart due and the corrections made in manufacturing.

My problem here is obviously not that significant, but has anyone else had the little rubber "cushion" on the white part of the clamp fall off? How did you reattach it? A little double stick tape?

I know I'm going to lose this thing and I don't really want to get into the SkyPro repair business.

Well, it happened to me too, after a little more than a 100 swings with the skypro, the top white piece along with all the electronics inside just came apart and flew a few yards down the range.
I am including pictures of the devastation. Hopefully skypro support will do right by me and send me a replacement.

I was really enjoying the informative range sessions with it, that will just have to wait for now.

Dhiraj.

I recently got my skypro and have been very satisfied with it. Can't wait for the next app update which will hopefully include putting aswell as alot of other features. I've made around 280swings with it and haven't had any problems. May have missed a couple of swings but nothing of importance.

I have read however that the first batch they sent have been having the problem that [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/268802-dhirajsb/"]dhirajsb[/url] is dealing with.
Genemcg: Didn't you recive any extra rubber cushions with your purchase? I recived 4smaller ones 2large ones in my box.

[quote name='genemcg' timestamp='1378217514' post='7790315']
I've heard about first generation SkyPros falling apart due and the corrections made in manufacturing.

My problem here is obviously not that significant, but has anyone else had the little rubber "cushion" on the white part of the clamp fall off? How did you reattach it? A little double stick tape?

I know I'm going to lose this thing and I don't really want to get into the SkyPro repair business.
[/quote]

I have one of the first batch and this happened to me early on. Gord immediately sent replacements with better adhesive. No problem since. PM Gord and he'll sort you out I'm sure.

Hi Guys,

Skizzo87 & Peter_b - Thanks! The next app update is coming very soon, but it won't include putting quite yet. It will include a few things we've gotten from this forum, which most likely will include a new checkpoint or two. It will also have a few other small features and bug fixes. Putting is very likely our next big update though. Thanks Peter for the link - we're at the stage now where that information is very helpful.

On that note, I'm sorry this app update has been longer coming than the other ones. I've had some other aspects of the project and some personal things I had to attend to, but my full attention is now back on the app!

SF15 - Good question about the iPad app. iOS 7 is coming out soon, and we're working on a revised version of the app for this OS update. This revised version of the app should be a universal one (native to both iPad and iPhone). You also had some great suggestions with Michael Breed and taking the SkyPro on the road. I also feel those are valuable. Those kind of arrangements are largely handled by SkyGolf (our partner company), but I will push to make them happen!

Swingnmiss - We're looking to compile more information about the various checkpoints. I'll keep you posted on that front. Thanks Gimp for your response!!

genemcg & dhirajsb - Please PM me with your information if you haven't talked to customer support about your issues already. I'll take care of them for you.

Gord

Even though I was a little disappointed by the unit breaking so early, going in I knew that the first generation had some problems. I didn't know whether the unit I purchased from Golfsmith was a first generation or not.

As much as I was impressed by what the device does, I am now also impressed by the prompt customer service from both SkyPro guys on GolfWrx (gparke and adamjohn) and their telephone support. When I called, I was immediately issued a return (which I am going to receive on Sept 10th) with no questions asked. All I have to do is use a prepaid label to return the broken unit.

Thanks for both an excellent device and excellent service.

Regards,
Dhiraj.

[quote name='neilmcm1975' timestamp='1375639178' post='7602212']
Just been on my dashboard for the first time my club head speed is in km/h but on my iPhone its in mph how can I change it on the dashboard.
[/quote]

any answer to this question.

I never see golf swings measured in Km/h, apart from on the dashboard

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1378348556' post='7799721']
Hi Guys,

Skizzo87 & Peter_b - Thanks! The next app update is coming very soon, but it won't include putting quite yet. It will include a few things we've gotten from this forum, which most likely will include a new checkpoint or two. It will also have a few other small features and bug fixes. Putting is very likely our next big update though. Thanks Peter for the link - we're at the stage now where that information is very helpful.

On that note, I'm sorry this app update has been longer coming than the other ones. I've had some other aspects of the project and some personal things I had to attend to, but my full attention is now back on the app!

SF15 - Good question about the iPad app. iOS 7 is coming out soon, and we're working on a revised version of the app for this OS update. This revised version of the app should be a universal one (native to both iPad and iPhone). You also had some great suggestions with Michael Breed and taking the SkyPro on the road. I also feel those are valuable. Those kind of arrangements are largely handled by SkyGolf (our partner company), but I will push to make them happen!

Swingnmiss - We're looking to compile more information about the various checkpoints. I'll keep you posted on that front. Thanks Gimp for your response!!

genemcg & dhirajsb - Please PM me with your information if you haven't talked to customer support about your issues already. I'll take care of them for you.

Gord
[/quote]

Thanks Gord. Can you provide a breakdown in terms of bug fixes, new features, priority rank, and what "soon" means? There have been a number of good suggestions provided by users, but the suggestion box has been a black box with no timetables or ability to track progress. Swingbyte has a central repository of info and forum for feature requests on their [url="https://swingbyte.zendesk.com/forums"]site[/url] that is worth emulating and would guide existing and prospective customers in seeking answers and requesting new features. It would save you time from answering our questions to more productive time coding.

Having MB's swings in a future app update would be helpful along with PGA and LPGA Tour players. I think the pros would be equally curious how their swings stack up with their fellow players.

Just been on my dashboard for the first time my club head speed is in km/h but on my iPhone its in mph how can I change it on the dashboard.

any answer to this question.

I never see golf swings measured in Km/h, apart from on the dashboard

Gord is correct. The Dashboard units adjust to your region settings. That being said - club head speed in KM/H isn't very useful. Here's how to change it:

1. When logged into the dashboard - click Account in the top right corner

kmh0.png

2. Click Edit Personal Info

kmh2.png

3. You will then be able to choose between Metric and Imperial units.

kmh3.png

Hope this helps!

-Adam

I want to say a million thanks to gord and the skypro team. In the last 4 months, I really put this little unit to the ultimate test. My good friend and myself exchanged swings until I reached my ultimate goal..( eradicating my OTT) . He is a plus handicapper..and a huge online participant..so I was honored to share his numbers with mine. For the first time in my life, I was able to " feel" what he was doing..without him actually being next to me. We emailed info, and from that..I was able to see how far from the inside and the face angle needed to be like him. I was so far off..it was amazing .. With all of his help, and with the help of this unit..I reached my ultimate goal..no more OTT..and perfect Impact position. I'm just a casual golfer, played 8 rounds this year..and finished with an 2 handicap..and a repeatable non OTT swing. This unit works, and did it for me..it was such an honor to have a top player share his swing with me..you don't know what to do..until you see and feel what the changes are needed.. This thing and his help did it....love the groove mode ..

[attachment=1874337:image.jpg]

[attachment=1874339:image.jpg]

OTT eradicated..and good impact.... If used correctly, this is one of the best training tools I ever had

Cp

Hello,
I am about to buy one of swing analyzers, but not sure witch one, i havent got any response there http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/615615-swingbyte-vs-swingsmart-plus-swingtip-3bay-golfsense-skypro/page__st__240 so i am asking here :) I heard that skypro does not give any actual figures of the face at impact, is it true or maybe now it does? What do you recoment for a 30 handicaper to improve swing in easiest way?

[quote name='Tomukas1' timestamp='1379407392' post='7864255']
Hello,
I am about to buy one of swing analyzers, but not sure witch one, i havent got any response there [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/615615-swingbyte-vs-swingsmart-plus-swingtip-3bay-golfsense-skypro/page__st__240"]http://www.golfwrx.c...o/page__st__240[/url] so i am asking here :) I heard that skypro does not give any actual figures of the face at impact, is it true or maybe now it does? What do you recoment for a 30 handicaper to improve swing in easiest way?
[/quote]
Tomukas 1,
I am not sure what you mean by "face at impact". The amount of data that is available is probably more than you will want or need. For a 30 handi you have to begin the process of learning the swing, then assimilating the swing. The latter comes about by using the iphone app...Groove application. You and your instructor can decide what set of data points are best suited to your particular circumstances and then you can use groove to work on those points. This is the way you can improve.

I can't help you with the specifics of the other swing devices. Before I bought SP I did as much due diligence as I could on the device available in the market. I took a chance that SP would be the best choice. It has proven to be just that. It has been good for me and I hope it would prove to be the same for you. If you decide to go that way.

Good luck on your search.

i just tried my skypro vs flight scope kudu, the club head speed info is so much different....

when my skypro gives 80ish clubhead speed the kudu showed 70ish
[color=#444444][size=1]±[/size][/color]10mph different but sometimes 4mph different.. very rare occasion getting same result with flight scope.

still since i don't have flight scope i will stay with skypro.. when will new update coming gord?

[quote name='"GIMP"' timestamp='1379416001' post='7864355']
[quote name='Tomukas1' timestamp='1379407392' post='7864255']
Hello,
I am about to buy one of swing analyzers, but not sure witch one, i havent got any response there [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/615615-swingbyte-vs-swingsmart-plus-swingtip-3bay-golfsense-skypro/page__st__240"]http://www.golfwrx.c...o/page__st__240[/url] so i am asking here :) I heard that skypro does not give any actual figures of the face at impact, is it true or maybe now it does? What do you recoment for a 30 handicaper to improve swing in easiest way?
[/quote]
Tomukas 1,
I am not sure what you mean by "face at impact". The amount of data that is available is probably more than you will want or need. For a 30 handi you have to begin the process of learning the swing, then assimilating the swing. The latter comes about by using the iphone app...Groove application. You and your instructor can decide what set of data points are best suited to your particular circumstances and then you can use groove to work on those points. This is the way you can improve.

I can't help you with the specifics of the other swing devices. Before I bought SP I did as much due diligence as I could on the device available in the market. I took a chance that SP would be the best choice. It has proven to be just that. It has been good for me and I hope it would prove to be the same for you. If you decide to go that way.

Good luck on your search.
[/quote]

Thanks for answer, season is over, so there is no way i could speak with a instructor or pro, i want to train during winter, so i am searching something to help me :) i hope this devise will do it. By the way i heard that in all over the world there is given 28 hcp when you start, in our country we are given 54, and we actualy have to play in tournaments and score 100 or less, to get 28 hcp :)

There is so much more than just club head speed. Infact for me, the groove mode with Inside approach setting and working on the take away were huge. Correct these issues in your swing and speed will come. It was just eye opening how far from the inside good players swing prior to impact. No need to video when you have this ittle thing

Will make Trackman and similar equipment an overkill or too expensive. Too much a hassle too. Will only be needed for simulation in the future.

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Miura 50/56 degrees, DGS300
Miura TB 5i/PW, Titleist AP2 4i, DGS300
Titleist 910H 21/19 degrees, V2-85-S
Titleist 910F 17/15 degrees, V2-75-S
Titleist 910D3 9.5 degrees, V2-65-X