2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1375246106' post='7574048']
My SP died on me today. It won't register any swings with foam or golf balls. Rebooted the iPad and no luck. Bizarre thing is it can connect to the iPad, but when I do the calibration it now thinks my PW is a 1-iron. Anyone experience this issue?
[/quote]

When I first purchased my SkyPro I had this exact problem, turns out I had placed the SkyPro upside down on the club. It was seeing a PW as a 1 iron and didn't record any swings. Make sure the logo is closest to the club head.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I don't think there's an upside position since the calibration process is based on placing the iDevice on the clubface. I attach the SP with the orange side up and the round side pointing down or as you put it "logo closest to the club head" as the mounting clamp is closest to the grip. The large white surface doesn't suit my eye so would love to see the next version of the SP in all black. I didn't have any issues before with the SP working in the same position. As Gord suggested, the reboot solved the problem. Perhaps Gord can chime in and advise if there's a desired mounting position for the sensor to capture the data or if the reboot should just be part of the maintenance procedure.

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1375400535' post='7586938']
I don't think there's an upside position since the calibration process is based on placing the iDevice on the clubface. I attach the SP with the orange side up and the round side pointing down or as you put it "logo closest to the club head" as the mounting clamp is closest to the grip. The large white surface doesn't suit my eye so would love to see the next version of the SP in all black. I didn't have any issues before with the SP working in the same position. As Gord suggested, the reboot solved the problem. Perhaps Gord can chime in and advise if there's a desired mounting position for the sensor to capture the data or if the reboot should just be part of the maintenance procedure.
[/quote]

According to help file on App the device should be mounted with the logo closest to club head. I just tried it and if you put it on "upside down" it doesn't calibrate the club correctly (PW is reported as a 1 iron) or register a swing.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Only had my SkyPro for a few weeks, and not spent that much time at the range.

I've only made 220 or so swings with it, the majority with driver, and I've just been using these to get a feel for the data it provides.

At the moment, I'm mainly interested in using it to help sort my driving out, as its been wildly inconsistent.

I've had a couple of lessons to help identify the issues. There was a good bit of out-to-in swing path, as well as a descending AoA.

These were largely caused by slightly coming up off the ball going back although my backswing is largely sound. The main issues are coming back down. I dip quite a lot back to the ball and then stand up out of it, head tucked and shoulders hunched. Arms are then very disconnected causing the out-to-in path.

I've already improved things quite significantly from 6-8 degrees out-to-in, down to between 3 degrees out-to-in at worst, to 0 degrees, to the odd one that I get 1 degree or so in-to-out.

My AoA is now much more level. From 1 degree down to 1 or 2 degrees up occasionally.

I should say a lot of the reference data is from my lessons on Trackman. I plan to take my SkyPro to my next level to compare data.

I've been looking at the half-way back and half-way down path angles for reference on SkyPro.

I'm not looking for swing advice as this is the wrong topic and I've got stuff to work on to try to resolve my issues.

What I want to know from you guys who have lots of experience with SkyPro, which are the best parameters to monitor my swing path, and how can I establish whether I'm getting a neutral or positive AoA?

Also, is there a way to groove these, so that I can really effectively work on getting a flood I -to-out swing path and positive AoA and, with it, presumably start staying more connected down towards and through impact??

[quote name='swingnmiss' timestamp='1375170582' post='7566904']
[quote name='SunOfGolf' timestamp='1375146032' post='7564962']
[quote name='swingnmiss' timestamp='1375144527' post='7564772']
I'm one of the earliest buyers and I've found myself not using it much recently. I take regular lessons and for the things I want to work on I can't find a way to use skyPro to help me. My main problem is a shallow swing plane and I want to develop the feel for getting the club more upright but I can't find a way to do this with skyPro. Gord responded a while back saying the intent was to take video and figure out the desired swing plane angle and then use that angle to work on swing plane with skyPro. What's odd to me is no one is doing that here and yet all of you say you are fixing your plane issues with skyPro. I was hoping to use skyPro to groove my swing plane but unfortunately I am still having to take video on the range.
[/quote]

I've had that issue in the past , and solved it before Skypro was available, however I've refined it even more with Skypro, so you can do it a couple different ways.

Without Skypro:
Simple. Take a golf bag with a driver in it, and stand it up off your heel line a few feet from you. Make sure you miss the driver on your back swing! Lift the club. You'll develop the feel you need in no time. Really is that simple.

With Skypro:
Use Groove in Skypro, and like I said in past thread, target a "Takeaway angle" that's like positive 5 degrees OUTSIDE or more (extreme so you change and feel it). You are probably measuring a 7-15 degree INSIDE takeaway. In order to hit the OUTSIDE number from an address position you'd have to be much steeper.

In either case, make sure your takeaway is one piece. If you still can't do it, don't rotate your left arm, as you probably are.

When you master that, then target a 15 degree(or more) "face angle half back", which should match your spine angle. That should help you a ton!
[/quote]

The other thing I am working on is to try to get my hands in during the takeaway and the clubhead outside my hands. I tend to let my arms move away from my body during the takeaway. I'm able to get a close to 0 degree takeaway using skyPro even though my arms move away from my body. Anyways, thanks for the tips.
[/quote]I have the same results. I feel I need to swing club away from me...even more extreme than going straight back...or so it seems. Yes, arms feel like they are moving away from me. I wind up with 8 degree inside instead of 20 degree and usually about 2 degree inside on return. Still OTT. In any event, my ball striking , SS and distance have all improved. I feel like i am looping the club from outside to in but i guess I am not. Skypro has helped me develop a better swing with more consistent results.
Swinging club upright with lifting of club to get result does not seem to give me the TURN.

Question. I have angle at address at about 52. I have angle at impact at about 60. I am ALWAYS, about 8 degrees OTT....even though i truly make an effort and feel as if I am swinging outside In. Could the 8 degree OTT be coming from the fact that I seem to elevate my shaft at from address to IMPACT. Thanks
Skypro is rellay turning what was simple exercise hitting balls to another set of eyes.
Any chance SKYPRO will be doing what Swingbyte offers...taking a video to show next to 3D model to compare.

[quote name='vinerino' timestamp='1375442549' post='7589390']
Question. I have angle at address at about 52. I have angle at impact at about 60. I am ALWAYS, about 8 degrees OTT....even though i truly make an effort and feel as if I am swinging outside In. Could the 8 degree OTT be coming from the fact that I seem to elevate my shaft at from address to IMPACT. Thanks
Skypro is rellay turning what was simple exercise hitting balls to another set of eyes.
Any chance SKYPRO will be doing what Swingbyte offers...taking a video to show next to 3D model to compare.
[/quote]

Short answer. No. I am not OTT but see an angle similar to yours from time to time. I am working to get that closer. It just means your hands are little higher at impact then at address. Not sure what the proper solution is to correct that. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm finding that I still have low shaft angles at both address and impact (numbers very close) even though I'm pretty sure I'm holding the club pretty upright.

I'm also getting negative shaft lean with driver between 1 and 6 degrees - does this indicate a good upward angle of attack or a swing flaw requiring work?

Thanks for any advice...

[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1375122302' post='7562210']
I was just activated on the new Beta Dashboard.

One of the knocks I've seen on the skypro has been the apps overall statistical display. This dashboard definitely makes up for that. I'm not sure anyone would need the full spread of stats while at the range but analyzing them afterwards is now available with this dashboard. It breaks every session down by date and club. Then shows you averages for several important swing stats. It will also show the full spread of swing stats for the session. One interesting dynamic they have on it that isn't on the app is hand speed. Seems like an interesting stat and one I'm not sure I've ever seen before.

The potential of this dashboard is limitless. I'm sure we will see animated swings, more stats and probably even a good side by side swing comparison soon.

Very cool and well done for an initial beta release!
[/quote]

I do see the hand speed in the full data table in the app. Can you let us know what other data points are available on the dashboard that are not included in the app that we might find useful. I am still debating which one to keep (SB2 or SP) and the ipad version of SB2 is great with many more data points and a cleaner graphic display. I wish SB2 had the face angle at half up and half back. While SP has this, I am surprised that SP does not have the face angle at the top.

SP says my shaft angle is about 6° at adress but I only measure 3°. I then do a forward press and then indeed I have more angle. Just saying its not at adress that is measured, the forward press is added also.
I found I can only keep the SP not moving is to attach it on the right side of the shaft. This may also prevent the case from cracking open.

[quote name='Peter_b' timestamp='1375548669' post='7597268']
Oh and please in the next app release, if I calibrated more than 10 times please spare me the instruction pictures. Immediately go to the green ball in rectangle game and the right left. Its annoying to click through the screens.
[/quote]

QFT, the number of wasted clicks just to calibrate is annoying. Initially the guidance is helpful, but new version should allow us to turn it off.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

[quote name='Star Mason' timestamp='1375448282' post='7589820']
[quote name='ncosper' timestamp='1375122302' post='7562210']
I was just activated on the new Beta Dashboard.

One of the knocks I've seen on the skypro has been the apps overall statistical display. This dashboard definitely makes up for that. I'm not sure anyone would need the full spread of stats while at the range but analyzing them afterwards is now available with this dashboard. It breaks every session down by date and club. Then shows you averages for several important swing stats. It will also show the full spread of swing stats for the session. One interesting dynamic they have on it that isn't on the app is hand speed. Seems like an interesting stat and one I'm not sure I've ever seen before.

The potential of this dashboard is limitless. I'm sure we will see animated swings, more stats and probably even a good side by side swing comparison soon.

Very cool and well done for an initial beta release!
[/quote]

I do see the hand speed in the full data table in the app. Can you let us know what other data points are available on the dashboard that are not included in the app that we might find useful. I am still debating which one to keep (SB2 or SP) and the ipad version of SB2 is great with many more data points and a cleaner graphic display. I wish SB2 had the face angle at half up and half back. While SP has this, I am surprised that SP does not have the face angle at the top.
[/quote]I tried both and found Skypro to be more to my liking...and more reliable.My practice is now more than just exercise

I signed up for Beta awhile ago. Is it active/
Is the swing library in some cloud ...do not know anything about that
Also when I flip my swings at the bottom to the right permitting me to delete if i want, i see FILTER
Favorite ..Yes or No
Imported ...Yes or No
Driver
3 wood
5 wood etc
How does one use this Filter?

It just died on me today after 100 swings, I can calibrate but no swing is registered. Could groove 3 swings and then nothing even after recalibration. What now? Also it moves on the club. 10 balls and its 15° to the left on the shaft. I tightened it really hard and still its moving and the registered data are wrong.

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any problems entering custom measurements for their clubs? I'm referring to the pencil icon, in the top right hand corner of the "calibration successful" screen.

For example, I play Bridgestone J36 Blade irons. My club lies, lofts, & lengths are different than the skypro default. I calibrated my 6 iron, and clicked the pencil icon out of curiosity. Then I went to the Bridgestone website and looked up the specs for my irons:

MY 6 iron:
Loft: 31*
Lie: 62.5*
Length: 37.25in

When I tried to adjust the given numbers for my 6 iron, the app hung up and crashed. I reset everything and tried again, and it did it 3 times in a row.
This may be a bug, or I may be doing something wrong. Either way, I have an additional suggestion. Would it be possible to allow users to enter and save the data for their entire club set into their "profile" in the app, so the skypro automatically knows and saves the difference in lies, lofts, etc? That may be something beneficial to incorporate into the initial "unboxing" set up. It could be optional. I am not even sure if those differences are important, I just wanted to toss this out.

So far everything else is great.

Thanks,
Sam