2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Truth About TSG

Hello Men:

For reasons that may not make sense to some of you, I have decided it is my duty to inform you of some of the real business practices that TSG employs that don't get posted on the forum. Some of Chris' fanboys will remain fanboys and rally behind him so he can go buy more Maseratis and yachts on your dime, and that's fine. He will be happy to keep feeding you BS and letting you lap it up.

For those of you that smelled this BS with Epon from the get-go, some of this may or may not be old news to you but here goes:

Going back nearly to it's inception, TSG has milked suppliers and promoted their brand heavily. If something ever went wrong, they would dump the product and do everything in their power to discredit it.

Go ahead, do some searches.

--Chris got into public pissing matches with Mr. Whitlam and tried to discredit him and take him down. Sadly for him, he didn't have the resources or manpower to protect himself from these attacks.

--Chris did the exact same thing to Scracth and went so far as to post testing results of another company's products in a misguided attempt to bring Scratch down. Watching the Scratch debacle and how Chris handled it is what really started to make me turn against him.

--Chris used to badmouth Romaro products a few years ago but now that they've turned the corner and there's money to be made, he has deleted the old posts and started pimping them.

--Chris got into it with Carl of Chikara Designs, similar to the above situations, and went so far as to ban the whole state of Hawaii IP addresses at one point.

--Chris is into it with Epon now, and it is all shades of the same thing. Chris playing the victim just trying to save his poor followers from poor products and shady business practices.

Ready for the real reason Epon cut TSG? As Chris mentioned, there is a distributor for Epon named Sosan, and ran by Niimi. Niimi is a very nice man, and he and Kenji Kobayashi are friends until death. A good distributor is in place, with personal ties and management, and what does TSG do? Goes straight to Epon to try and undercut Sosan to gain full control of the product profit going through TSG hands.

This is now the SECOND time this has happened, so they are not excusing TSG this time. Sosan pulled the plug with the full blessing of the brass at Epon. TSG has done much to grow this brand but regardless of sales figures they will not stand for shady business practices. Unfortunately that seems to be a common theme with TSG. I have seen direct comments from people on other side of story. Sosan and Epon made no move to limit talk of Epon on the board or on BST, that is solely a reactionary measure by Chris who is pouting like a baby who got his a** spanked for being naughty again.

Epon has been in a state of transition and Chris thought he had leverage to power grab. He didn't and it was tasteless and low class to pull a coup while they are at this crossroads. It backfired mightily and cost TSG their distributorship. Dumping all his Epon gear on the BST the day before this mess started was one of the most classless things I have ever seen by a proprietor, followed by the lying through the teeth to his clients.

Another fact you may not know about TSG is that they strangle their resellers by taking such a large portion of the middleman cut that there's very little money to be made on the reseller's end. Sound familiar? Didn't Chris just give us a "woe is me" tale of a greedy international distributor making prices too high and margins too thin? The only reason Chris is griping about it now is because TSG doesn't occupy that position in regards to Epon. How ironic that TSG operates indentically to the company they say unfairly cut their Epon line!

The ridiculous "pump and dump" nonsense that goes on around here is another thing. It is disingenuous at best and criminal at worst. Promote a product and tell everyone how great it is then once everyone has bought it, start promoting something else to generate buzz to keep everyone shifting one way or another. Once a brand runs out of steam or has a small problem, drop them like a hot potato and tell everyone how bad they were.

Chris' arrogant and condescending remarks towards many on the board are indicative of his overall demeanor and business practices. He not only thinks he's smarter than you, he wants you to KNOW it.

TSG is nothing but a fulfillment house for JDM gear. You give them your order and your money, they turn around and tell the company, and then the company sends it to you. Sure you can talk about fitting and customer service. It is about as helpful as just reading the product descriptions and figuring it out yourself. Some people have great results and others terrible. Everything I have ever ordered from TSG took way longer than expected to arrive. If I had a dime for everyone I knew that said people at TSG just stopped responding to their emails during the ordering process I'd be a wealthy man.

They have become a distributor for brands that had no plans on growth outside of Japan but now are stuck in an archaic way of doing business through TSG. Many retailers in other countries want to carry these brands but can't afford to work under TSG's ridiculous reseller program. I personally know one fellow that wants to sell JDM but the profits are so razor thin it is pointless.

Don't listen to what Chris the shepherd wants you to believe. He is in this for himself first and foremost so he can drive exotic cars and travel while working Tario to death in his absence. I have seen enough shadiness from this man to last me a lifetime. If you want to continue doing business with someone who stabs suppliers in the back then lies through his teeth to you about it, be my guest. But for those of you who didn't realize this, maybe I saved you some future hassle.

Epon did the right thing in protecting their brand by taking it out of TSG's hands. If you don't believe that then run and go get the Sheep irons he wants to sell you instead of Epon.

Baaaaaa baaaaaaaa

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the thread is well written and has a probability of being true. When it's a posters FIRST post on the message board. It makes it smell of TROLL in a HUGE way!

I am reading the Swap Shop on TSG now, not a gleaming amount of Epon outside of the normal amount.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

Seems like a bit of personal agenda here as in free market economy shady business practices are eventually found out and tend to backfire on those lacking in integrity. The fact that this is a first post leads me to have a healthy bit of skepticism about motivation of OP, if proven to be true, my apologies for doubting integrity.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Anyone can buy clubs from TSG, until the OEM calls TSG out for their practices. Then, TSG bashes the manufacturer, claims their forging house doesn't exist (despite pictures and written proof), and basically tries to ruin the reputation of the OEM. TSG can only cry wolf so many times until they are caught up with. They will gladly take your money as the middle man. I suggest before doing business with them, look at cutting their middle man operation out and saving yourself some cash.

Maybe the OP is an industry professional and has reasons to stay anonymous. Maybe he fabricated this to get revenge for something. Who knows.

As far as the Epon on the BST it was in Tourspecgolfer's big thread from a couple days ago, he liquidated his personal Epon stuff which I believe was what the OP referred to.

[quote name='cardia10' timestamp='1362777346' post='6573167']
Anyone can buy clubs from TSG, until the OEM calls TSG out for their practices. Then, TSG bashes the manufacturer, claims their forging house doesn't exist (despite pictures and written proof), and basically tries to ruin the reputation of the OEM. TSG can only cry wolf so many times until they are caught up with. They will gladly take your money as the middle man. I suggest before doing business with them, look at cutting their middle man operation out and saving yourself some cash.
[/quote]

I forgot about when TSG accused Miura of not forging their own irons. I'm beginning to think that whoever runs TSG is a bit of a scumbag. There have been at least three instances that I know of, of TSG running a smear campaign against someone who stopped doing business with them.

So much like BSG.

We've always been at war with Eastasia though, right?

MODERN:
Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
--------
CLASSIC (under construction):
'62 Hogan Power Thrust irons
--------
HICKORY:
Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
George Nicoll spade mashie
Tom Morris mashie niblick
Gibson Skoogee niblick
Spalding HB putter

To the thread starter, I dont doubt there is a POSSIBILITY what you say is true. What's your vested interest in starting something like this though? Not purely out of the goodness of your heart to protect us I am sure. Did you get shafted by TSG in some way?

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

Don't really care which side is right or wrong in this. What becomes very obvious from all the sites that cause this crap is that "the money" has gotten out of hand in golf and douchebags like this are proof of it. It's like reading about Thrun, but the mandals are a slightly different size.

And people wonder why I hate the flippers and profiteers in golf...

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I have a lot of feelings on this one.

But first, the OP is nothing but a coward and needs to look in the mirror.

His duty?? Really??

Last time I checked no one was forced to buy from TSG. MOST of us are grown ups
and can make our own decisions when it comes to buying clubs. I guess I should do
a background check on every store I want to purchase something from to make sure
they are going to go to heaven when they die..... kinda like checking out the kitchen
of your favorite restaurant. If you did you probably wouldn't eat there anymore.

If TSG has something you want to buy, you buy it. Otherwise you don't.

Seems pretty simple to me.

[quote name='idrive' timestamp='1362824774' post='6576281']
I have a lot of feelings on this one.

But first, the OP is nothing but a coward and needs to look in the mirror.

His duty?? Really??

Last time I checked no one was forced to buy from TSG. MOST of us are grown ups
and can make our own decisions when it comes to buying clubs. I guess I should do
a background check on every store I want to purchase something from to make sure
they are going to go to heaven when they die..... kinda like checking out the kitchen
of your favorite restaurant. If you did you probably wouldn't eat there anymore.

If TSG has something you want to buy, you buy it. Otherwise you don't.

Seems pretty simple to me.
[/quote]Agree !!

Interesting. I really don't know what to make of this. I have bought several items from TSG and felt that the customer service was excellent. Tario was incredibly helpful. When I thought he fit me with the wrong flex shaft, he had me send the club back and reshafted it with no charge. On another note, I did wonder why they didn't carry some left handed clubs that I could find on the companies websites. Navigating a Japanese companies website is incredibly difficult. I would have thought they would carry every left handed club in Japan, given that there are so few. I am fully aware that TSG is a middleman taking a cut in the middle. If these companies want to sell direct via their websites, for a better price, I will certainly buy straight from them. But they will need to improve their websites significantly for this to happen.

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

[quote name='CelticFan3' timestamp='1362808803' post='6575949']
Well, your username is Just the Facts Max so everything you are saying must be true.
[/quote]

Its all True! Its on the Internet and you cant put anything on the internet that isnt true!

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Bridgestone RXS

Vessel Lux XV cartbag

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

What a Bonanza for TSG is my opinion. For every person that may be soured from their actions and believe the OP, I bet there's 2 or 3 or a dozen that will be wondering what the heck is this all about and go over there and be floored at the cool stuff they have. Then turn into a total JDM ho like a bunch of us. Any publicity is good publicity. The OP may be doing more harm than good for his cause, especially given he came with no evidence whatsoever. Just some innu"endo". haha

[quote name='guisician' timestamp='1362807139' post='6575863']
We've always been at war with Eastasia though, right?
[/quote]

You might be thinking of North Korea. When the Korean War ended in 1953 both sides agreed to an armistice, like a more permanent truce or ceasefire. Because no peace treaty was signed, the armistice did not end the war and technically the US is still at war with North Korea.

Sorry to thread jack. Back on topic!