2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

UPS tracking shows delivered- I don't have the item

xabia

Excuse my ignorance on this issue, but I bought some shoes off of ebay and they were shipped via UPS. The tracking says delivered, with no signature and the proof of delivery simply says "other released" however I don't have the shoes and they aren't at my house. I have completed 100's upon hundreds of purchases and never had this happen. My question is does this supposed proof of delivery negate my buyer protection in this issue? I just want a little info before I contact paypal and start the process. Thanks

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus + 5X

Qi10 3HL Ventus + 7S

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

Mizuno 245 Pro Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-60

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had this happen, too. UPS online says they gave it to USPS to be delivered locally. I never got anything. F'ing BS.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I'm a ups driver and yes it could very well be at the post office because we deliver residential packages there for the PO to deliver. It could also be on your doorstep or at your back door. It could be tucked away behind an object on the porch so strangers can't easily see it. Do you live in a rural area? Do you live in the city? An apartment, try the main office. Do you have sketchy neighbors? Lots of foot traffic on the sidewalk around your home? Maybe it could have been mis delivered? Do you have a dog that chews boxes?
Basically, you need to take a good look around and give it a day or two. If still no package, then file a complaint with UPS and they will do an internal investigation along with the delivery driver and try to pinpoint the package and correct the situation as quickly as possible. Sometimes unforeseen variables can happen and interfere with a standard delivery. Either way, I hope you can get those shoes ASAP!

GI to Blades to SGI= Golf is now fun

My UPS driver hides my boxes behind a boosh next to my porch. I understand he does this so that no one sees them on my porch but did not make me happy the day I found a soaking wet box.

It's supposed to be out of weather and out of site. Ill take out of weather first please.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1365293865' post='6775963']
My UPS driver hides my boxes behind a boosh next to my porch. I understand he does this so that no one sees them on my porch but did not make me happy the day I found a soaking wet box.

It's supposed to be out of weather and out of site. Ill take out of weather first please.
[/quote]

Bush?

Thanks for all the input guys. I have looked high and low around my porch area and there is no box anywhere. So I think I will be contacting paypal. What a bummer

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC

Qi10 3HL Ventus + 7S

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

SM9 Raw 50-54-60

[quote name='borgore23' timestamp='1365294021' post='6775969']

[/quote]

Bush?
[/quote]

Please accept my sincere apology for offending you.

PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
Vokey SM7 54, 60
Few CT's
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614765-noyes-witb-updated-8-4-13/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1365302816' post='6776991']

[/quote]

Bush?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not offending me at all. I'm just surprised the guy just left your package in the bush outside. I don't know how he thinks that would be acceptable in any way.

But since we're on the grammar topic, it's "sight". ;)

[quote name='Asiz' timestamp='1365216502' post='6772089']
I'm a ups driver and yes it could very well be at the post office because we deliver residential packages there for the PO to deliver. It could also be on your doorstep or at your back door. It could be tucked away behind an object on the porch so strangers can't easily see it. Do you live in a rural area? Do you live in the city? An apartment, try the main office. Do you have sketchy neighbors? Lots of foot traffic on the sidewalk around your home? Maybe it could have been mis delivered? Do you have a dog that chews boxes?
Basically, you need to take a good look around and give it a day or two. If still no package, then file a complaint with UPS and they will do an internal investigation along with the delivery driver and try to pinpoint the package and correct the situation as quickly as possible. Sometimes unforeseen variables can happen and interfere with a standard delivery. Either way, I hope you can get those shoes ASAP!
[/quote]

Well that explanation absolves the delivery man from absolutely any culpability. Other released....SMH

Yea I don't really know what to say, as my feedback suggests I do a large amount of trading and selling and have never had this happen. I live in a suburb of cleveland but there are hundreds of houses on each street. The same day this package shows as delivered, I actually received a package from a Wrx'er. This is really weird, so like I said I will simply contact paypal and go from there.

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC

Qi10 3HL Ventus + 7S

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

SM9 Raw 50-54-60

[quote name='borgore23' timestamp='1365302996' post='6777013']
[quote name='Noyes26' timestamp='1365302816' post='6776991']

[/quote]

Bush?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not offending me at all. I'm just surprised the guy just leaved your package in the bush outside. I don't know how he thinks that would be acceptable in any way.

But since we're on the grammar topic, it's "sight". ;)
[/quote]

left? :)

[quote name='DJR10' timestamp='1365304951' post='6777239']
I'm always supper nice to the mail man the UPS guy. Around Xmas I will give them a card with a gift certificate. Never had a problem with anything. Knock on wood.
[/quote]

While I 100% agree with the "be nice to the delivery guys" concept, it is illegal for USPS delivery people to accept tips/gifts. It's considered a "bribe". Kinda sucks, because my area has some top notch folks, but I can't really do anything for them except bring packages down to the street when I'm home (saving them a trip up to the porch).

I know this is about UPS, but just wanted to point that out.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='Asiz' timestamp='1365216502' post='6772089']
[b]I'm a ups driver [/b]and yes it could very well be at the post office because we deliver residential packages there for the PO to deliver. It could also be on your doorstep or at your back door. It could be tucked away behind an object on the porch so strangers can't easily see it. Do you live in a rural area? Do you live in the city? An apartment, try the main office. Do you have sketchy neighbors? Lots of foot traffic on the sidewalk around your home? Maybe it could have been mis delivered? Do you have a dog that chews boxes?
[/quote]

GET HIM!!!

Just kidding. I've had 2 regular UPS drivers for 15 years at my old office and they were awesome people.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Here in NC there has been a lot of UPS packages stolen after delivery. Mostly at Christmas time but it is always possible. One couple actually caught a thief on camera. They had a package stolen from their front porch and put a camera out. It was a couple that was following the UPS driver around and after he dropped off the packages they were right behind him picking them up if the people were not home.

[quote name='cph2133' timestamp='1365349315' post='6778903']
I've had this happen. The shipped wrote the wrong address (7064 instead of 7046). Luckily the person who received it just wrote "RTS" and sent it back to the seller instead of keeping it.

The guy reshipped and it worked out in the end.
[/quote]

Shame a what. Dyslexia stupid!

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='cph2133' timestamp='1365349315' post='6778903']
I've had this happen. The shipped wrote the wrong address (7064 instead of 7046). Luckily the person who received it just wrote "RTS" and sent it back to the seller instead of keeping it.

The guy reshipped and it worked out in the end.
[/quote]

Exactly my point. Again, there are so many unforeseen variables. And yes, the driver could have very easily made a mistake and put it on the wrong doorstep anyways. Drivers are human like everyone else. Ever gotten the wrong mail in your mailbox? It happens. Plus, even if it turns out to be the drivers fault, that doesn't mean it's the normal guy for that route. It is vacation time for a lot of the senior guys and then some younger guy has to run that route with next to no experience on that actual route and he's got 130-150 stops with 250-350 packages and he's getting his butt kicked out there just trying to be safe. Doing it day in and day out, mistakes are gonna happen. Btw, shoes are the type of shipper release packages that have a tendency to "walk away". Just sayin

GI to Blades to SGI= Golf is now fun

Drivers sometimes take short cuts. I've had it where they scan items in as delivered as they are placed on the truck. It saves them some time during delivery. The bad thing is that they can easily drop off the package at the wrong place or forget to deliver it at all. It could still be on the truck and might only realize it after the day is done. Hopefully he will deliver Monday. Worst case scenario, is that it is dropped off at the wrong location. Now you have to rely on the honesty of the person who got it. Get on the phone with UPS immediately.

Ping G430 10K 10.5º Chrome 2.0 S (Didn't make the cut)

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45" (still the GOAT)

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 56°, SM2 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

The golf course near my house has the same address number so my stuff always gets delivered there by mistake.

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1365369290' post='6780305']
Drivers sometimes take short cuts. I've had it where they scan items in as delivered as they are placed on the truck. It saves them some time during delivery. The bad thing is that they can easily drop off the package at the wrong place or forget to deliver it at all. It could still be on the truck and might only realize it after the day is done. Hopefully he will deliver Monday. Worst case scenario, is that it is dropped off at the wrong location. Now you have to rely on the honesty of the person who got it. Get on the phone with UPS immediately.
[/quote]

I had this happen a few times when I was in NC as well. It would say "delivered" sometime early in the morning, but I knew UPS didn't deliver to my place until evening. Never had a problem as they always showed up by the end of the day. I've also had a few packages end up on neighbors' porches which I just went and took seeing as though the former 85+ year old couple probably didn't have two new Cleveland wedges sent to them in a Cleveland box on the same day mine were supposed to be delivered.

Haven't had any issues since living in Chicagoland though.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W