2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

NIKE FI Impact Golf Shoes

The point is that these aren't supposed to look like traditional golf shoes. Just a wee bit different than sneakers, there's a lot of good tech in these shoes and after this morning's round I couldn't be happier with the shoes.

They held up great on the waterproof front, as my feet stayed nice and dry in the morning dew and a short drizzle. The trade off being they aren't as breathable as they appear they would be.

But comfort was better than the TW13 and grip was just as good, even in a couple extreme hilly lies I found myself in.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Walked a round this morning with the typical wet conditions. My feet stayed dry and no slipping at all. They were very comfortable. Dare I say more comfortable than the TW '13 and '14; both which I really and have many rounds on. I did not notice any hot/breathing issues with mine (black colorway). I think I will pick up the white pair soon. Now what to do with my TW '14s and '13s? :smilie_nike:

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1375417649' post='7588632']
Yes, very good arch support and suprisingly good cushioning for a Free type of design. I wore it around my yard a bit and it is not the lowest profile, but still good and you can feel the ground like the TW13. I also did notice the drop a bit more after spending more time with it and actively paying attention. But NOT a deal breaker to me. I'm very happy with it so far and can't wait for my round Saturday.
[/quote]

Thanks for the initial impressions. Is there a good amount of padding in the heel collar to prevent heel slippage?

Did you test them in the bunkers for traction? How high maintenance are they with getting sand trapped in the mesh openings?

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1375570948' post='7598946']
Yes, very good arch support and suprisingly good cushioning for a Free type of design. I wore it around my yard a bit and it is not the lowest profile, but still good and you can feel the ground like the TW13. I also did notice the drop a bit more after spending more time with it and actively paying attention. But NOT a deal breaker to me. I'm very happy with it so far and can't wait for my round Saturday.
[/quote]

Thanks for the initial impressions. Is there a good amount of padding in the heel collar to prevent heel slippage?

Did you test them in the bunkers for traction? How high maintenance are they with getting sand trapped in the mesh openings?
[/quote]

Yes, heel collar has no slippage at all. Unfortunately I had 3 opportunities to try them in greenside bunkers and twice in fairway bunkers and traction is as good as the TW13, which I thought were great. The mesh is not mesh like a running shoe, so it's not deep enough to be a pain to get sand out of. Another no issue.

Really can't say enough about these shoes, I like them a little bit more than my TW13 and may need to get a pair in white.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='rok78' timestamp='1375572298' post='7599054']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, heel collar has no slippage at all. Unfortunately I had 3 opportunities to try them in greenside bunkers and twice in fairway bunkers and traction is as good as the TW13, which I thought were great. The mesh is not mesh like a running shoe, so it's not deep enough to be a pain to get sand out of. Another no issue.

Really can't say enough about these shoes, I like them a little bit more than my TW13 and may need to get a pair in white.
[/quote]

Thanks

These are the most comfortable Nike's I've ever worn, and that says a lot since I firmly believe Nike has consistently delivered the most comfortable golf shoes for my feet over the past 8 years. However, calling these specifically "golf shoes" is laughable. It would be like going into a Nike retail store and buying a pair of fitness, walking, or running shoes and wearing them to the golf course. These are casual shoes that someone may choose to play golf in. Not "golf shoes." Of course, the whole golf industry seems to be headed this direction permanently, so I better get used to it!

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not actually mesh (like on the top of the toe box) just looks like mesh. So it should not cause any sand to get trapped

Just got my FI Impacts today. Put them on as soon as FedEx dropped them off. Wearing them in the shop. Very comfy. Obviously with me working right now, I cannot tell you how they work on the course.

What in the Bag
Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver HZRDUS X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3w HZRDUS X
Callaway Rogue 5w HZRDUS X
Callaway X Forged 4-7 KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Callaway Apex MB 8-PW KBS Tour C-Taper X shafts
Engage 52, 56 and 60 Wedge KBS Tour C Taper X
Nike Method 001

[quote name='amateur pro' timestamp='1375683016' post='7606320']
[/quote]

[/quote]

It's not actually mesh (like on the top of the toe box) just looks like mesh. So it should not cause any sand to get trapped
[/quote]

Yes, from photos the toe box is fabric, but the lateral side looks porous as you can see the underlays. I take it the medial side has the same material.

Picked up the FI Impacts today. Very pleased with fit, more comfortable IMO than the TW14. The sole does not feel "high" off the ground as some have suggested.

I am normally a size 10 in Nike, these are a size 10. They look very easy to clean, don't see any issues there.

FYI, Golf Galaxy let me use a 15% off coupon (ACE15) on these, I paid $110 plus tax for them.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Srixon Z Star

Damn this place! Now I think I have to go buy a pair of these shoes. I love the look and the comfort, I just wasn't sure they'd be great grip wise but if they are then I'll pick up a pair.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

[quote name='portland' timestamp='1375744263' post='7611462']
Picked up the FI Impacts today. Very pleased with fit, more comfortable IMO than the TW14. The sole does not feel "high" off the ground as some have suggested.

I am normally a size 10 in Nike, these are a size 10. They look very easy to clean, don't see any issues there.

FYI, Golf Galaxy let me use a 15% off coupon (ACE15) on these, I paid $110 plus tax for them.
[/quote]

Thanks for the shots. From the Kevin Chappell photo, the sole looks might curved.

[/quote]

Thanks for the photos, tempted to get a pair. I got a pair 'on watch' on Ebay for $129 w/ free shipping.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='SF15' timestamp='1375842995' post='7620712']

[/quote]

Thanks for the shots. From the Kevin Chappell photo, the sole looks might curved.
[/quote]

Lots of sole on those shoes, including a pretty high ramp angle. I wish these were built on a lower platform.

Drn92

Went to the range this morning, first time hitting balls wearing the FI. Great grip and did not feel too high off the ground.

Had a bunch of grass built up around the edge of shoe (mowing clipping), wiped shoe down with wet towel and looks new.

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Srixon Z Star

[quote name='drn92' timestamp='1375857369' post='7621802']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Lots of sole on those shoes, including a pretty high ramp angle. I wish these were built on a lower platform.

Drn92
[/quote]

They're pretty low. Not as low as the Puma FAAS lite mesh for example, but they're low. If you are familiar with the Free system, I would say they are similar to the 5.0 as far as how low they are to the ground. Very comfy and lightweight. I am a huge Free shoe guy as I probably have 5 or 6 different pairs of Frees and these are very similar to wearing a Free shoe IMO.

[quote name='thammons' timestamp='1375922778' post='7628182']
[quote name='drn92' timestamp='1375857369' post='7621802']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Drn92
[/quote]

They're pretty low. Not as low as the Puma FAAS lite mesh for example, but they're low. If you are familiar with the Free system, I would say they are similar to the 5.0 as far as how low they are to the ground. Very comfy and lightweight. I am a huge Free shoe guy as I probably have 5 or 6 different pairs of Frees and these are very similar to wearing a Free shoe IMO.
[/quote]

I'll try them on, but the Puma Faas Lites are so nice that they will have to be great to get me to switch.

I know that Skechers do not get much love around here, but the GoGolf shoe is also really nice, with a zero drop platform. I still cannot believe how much a zero drop shoe has helped my game and how connected I feel in the Faas Lites.

I do know that the Free 5.0 is in the 8-10 mm drop range. While the free technology may offset some of that, it is still a lot more drop than I am used to in any of my shoes.

Drn92

Tried these on today.....also tried on the TW14s....the FIs are WAY more comfortable. Hard to believe anyone would buy the TW14s.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

[quote name='DNice26' timestamp='1376007651' post='7636296']
Tried these on today.....also tried on the TW14s....the FIs are WAY more comfortable. Hard to believe anyone would buy the TW14s.
[/quote]

Tried these on today as well. Real good snug fit.

I have the TW 14s as well. But I put different insoles in them, and it makes them even better. I feel like I don't need to change the insoles in the FI impact.

Plus, they're not even high at all. You can definitely wear them casually. If I do get one, ill wear on the course and casually, too.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Played my first round in these today, excellent on all fronts - grip, comfort, feel. Nike hit a home run with the FIs. I will be picking up more pairs. Only way to improve these are to put them on NikeID

Taylormade M1 10.5*
Callaway GBB Epic 15*
Callaway XR 19*
Taylormade p790 5-P,A
Srixon Z Star