2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Brooks Koepka - not a lot of American interest?

DiamanaDenno

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1372979644' post='7389712']
[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1372973470' post='7389330']
[quote name='imakaveli' timestamp='1372971007' post='7389120']
[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1372964601' post='7388632']
Ok, I agree. I shouldn't have used the retard meme, and for that I apologise. Years ago ago i used to work with both physically and mentally challenged people so i should have known better. my intent was to show that the content of your post was retarded and not actually call you a retard. Once I again I apologise if I have offended anyone on here. I have now changed the meme to something more appropriate (please see the edited post).

But to brutally honest with you I've seen your posts in other threads and they can be quite insulting, arrogant and inflammatory. So if you do keep posting drivel that I disagree with, then I'll have no issue in calling you out (even if you do disguise it as "banter" or "stereotyping")

Happy Independence Day.

Oh, and by the way, regarding Independence Day...... You're Welcome! (Now that's banter!)
[/quote]

Just like when they use the "racist" card to make you feel bad, it always work! :D
[/quote]
Is it just me or does it seem that in general people have actually stopped posting, Matt made an apolgy, seems there should be another apolgy, and as for a certain Avator, many might take offence to that, some here are old enough to have lost direct family in the 2nd War, and I am sure they might not be to concerned who the victor was, but then Hollywood made it seem wonderful, which war is not, This is a golf site and that has no place on it, and the [b]MODS[/b] should have dealt with it
[/quote]

Matt thanks for the apology, disagree with you regarding a lot of things including what you post so it's no surprise you don't like mine.

And as for you pats_irish I lost family in world war 2 as well so because your side came out on the wrong end it's offensive and the mods should delete it? Is that what your saying? It's been my avatar for 24hrs and its a joke its on tshirts, its not like i created it my self. ill be changing it when the day ends just for you. Comparing that to calling people retarded is laughable. I'll stay out of the euro threads so you guys can continue to talk about how good the European tour is and how golf savvy the fans are.
[/quote]

Once again, you are insulting " myside" came out the wrong end ? and your Avator is a joke ? and its on tee shirts, truthfully its SICK, anyone who thinks that is humour has a problem, This is a golf site ( repeat myself ),,,

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1372980939' post='7389804']
Ok, I agree. I shouldn't have used the retard meme, and for that I apologise. Years ago ago i used to work with both physically and mentally challenged people so i should have known better. my intent was to show that the content of your post was retarded and not actually call you a retard. Once I again I apologise if I have offended anyone on here. I have now changed the meme to something more appropriate (please see the edited post).

But to brutally honest with you I've seen your posts in other threads and they can be quite insulting, arrogant and inflammatory. So if you do keep posting drivel that I disagree with, then I'll have no issue in calling you out (even if you do disguise it as "banter" or "stereotyping")

Happy Independence Day.

Oh, and by the way, regarding Independence Day...... You're Welcome! (Now that's banter!)
[/quote]

Just like when they use the "racist" card to make you feel bad, it always work! :D
[/quote]
Is it just me or does it seem that in general people have actually stopped posting, Matt made an apolgy, seems there should be another apolgy, and as for a certain Avator, many might take offence to that, some here are old enough to have lost direct family in the 2nd War, and I am sure they might not be to concerned who the victor was, but then Hollywood made it seem wonderful, which war is not, This is a golf site and that has no place on it, and the [b]MODS[/b] should have dealt with it
[/quote]

Matt thanks for the apology, disagree with you regarding a lot of things including what you post so it's no surprise you don't like mine.

And as for you pats_irish I lost family in world war 2 as well so [b]because your side came out on the wrong end it's offensive[/b] and the mods should delete it? Is that what your saying? It's been my avatar for 24hrs and its a joke its on tshirts, its not like i created it my self. ill be changing it when the day ends just for you. Comparing that to calling people retarded is laughable. I'll stay out of the euro threads so you guys can continue to talk about how good the European tour is and how golf savvy the fans are.
[/quote]

Once again, you are insulting " myside" came out the wrong end ? and your Avator is a joke ? and its on tee shirts, truthfully its SICK, anyone who thinks that is humour has a problem, This is a golf site ( repeat myself ),,,
[/quote]

First off i will apologise for using the term 'window licker'. (Much like the usage in the US of retard, it has become an appellative given to able minded people who say or do extremely stupid things.) Can i use 'idiot' ?

Secondly, are you for real regarding the bold part of what you said..... firstly IRISH is a clue.

Thirdly, Go check how many people died on the Allies side from the various countries in comparison to the US and see why you are an idiot.
[url="http://worldwar2.org.uk/how-many-people-died-in-world-war-2"]http://worldwar2.org.uk/how-many-people-died-in-world-war-2[/url]

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini[/font][/size]

[quote name='bunter101' timestamp='1372983226' post='7389974']
[quote name='Pat_Irish' timestamp='1372980939' post='7389804']

Happy Independence Day.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

And as for you pats_irish I lost family in world war 2 as well so [b]because your side came out on the wrong end it's offensive[/b] and the mods should delete it? Is that what your saying? It's been my avatar for 24hrs and its a joke its on tshirts, its not like i created it my self. ill be changing it when the day ends just for you. Comparing that to calling people retarded is laughable. I'll stay out of the euro threads so you guys can continue to talk about how good the European tour is and how golf savvy the fans are.
[/quote]

[/quote]

First off i will apologise for using the term 'window licker'. (Much like the usage in the US of retard, it has become an appellative given to able minded people who say or do extremely stupid things.) Can i use 'idiot' ?

Secondly, are you for real regarding the bold part of what you said..... firstly IRISH is a clue.

Thirdly, Go check how many people died on the Allies side from the various countries in comparison to the US and see why you are an idiot.
[url="http://worldwar2.org.uk/how-many-people-died-in-world-war-2"]http://worldwar2.org.uk/how-many-people-died-in-world-war-2[/url]
[/quote]

First off I mixed up the names I was referring to the revolutionary war which was referenced earlier in the thread. So I can see how that looks stupid on my part but that's not what I meant I'll delete that part. Your the idiot though for comparing numbers of deaths in war as no one life is more important then another. Your countries were fighting for the same thing the usa was and we were on the same side so I don't see what the numbers say other then it's horrible obviously that so many people died. This thread should be locked as its pointless at this point and so far from anything that has to do with golf.

Patrick, I pointed it out because of your avatar. Of course I know no one life is worth more than another.

Back on topic. I will send him your best wishes if isee him at the Open..

58 Ping Tour S

• 2 weeks later...

Just heard an interesting little story....

Someone I know played a friend of his caddie. Seemingly Brooks came with a plan not to go to Q school and said 'I WILL win three tournaments and get straight on the European Tour'

58 Ping Tour S

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1373743728' post='7448042']
Not a whole lot of American press beyond Tiger, Phil, Rickie and maybe Kuchar
[/quote]
What?

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='bunter101' timestamp='1373743227' post='7448016']

Someone I know played a friend of his caddie. Seemingly Brooks came with a plan not to go to Q school and said 'I WILL win three tournaments and get straight on the European Tour'
[/quote]

He will be one the euro tour after his win.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='iBanesto' timestamp='1373013163' post='7391474']
[url="http://www.europeantour.com/challengetour/players/playerid=38783/video-audio/videoid=198544.html"]http://www.europeant...oid=198544.html[/url]

ET piece on Koepka.
[/quote]

Great piece, thank you.

Very impressed with him, mature, composed, naturally confident. Swing is smooth but at impact seems to just whale on the ball. Putting stroke looks great.

Some of us here in the US did the european backpacking thing (do kids still do that?) after college to see Europe. I don't remember any of it after Amsterdam but I take my hat off to this very promising athlete. Seeing the world, improving his game, very bright future in store for him I think.

[quote name='JaxBeachNole' timestamp='1373745101' post='7448144']
[quote name='bunter101' timestamp='1373743227' post='7448016']

[/quote]

He will be one the euro tour after his win.
[/quote]

He is on the ET now. Has won three times on the Challenge tour this year.

58 Ping Tour S

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know where Brooks needs to finish this week at Dubai to qualify for the Matchplay next week?

I realize the match play field will be the top 64/67 world ranking wise. I imagine there is a fair amount of world ranking points up for grabs with Tiger, Stenson and Rory in the field this week.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

[quote name='mizunopure' timestamp='1391198312' post='8573140']
Does anyone know where Brooks needs to finish this week at Dubai to qualify for the Matchplay next week?

I realize the match play field will be the top 64/67 world ranking wise. I imagine there is a fair amount of world ranking points up for grabs with Tiger, Stenson and Rory in the field this week.
[/quote]

Solo 3rd and he'd be right on the edge (#65 assuming nobody else lower than that has a good week). To be certain he needs top 2.

This guy has some freaking serious game.

America really has some special talent coming up right now.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='deasy55' timestamp='1391281529' post='8578658']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1391269442' post='8577660']
He has game. PGA guys better watch out. [b]This guy has flown under the radar [/b]while Uihlein got all the press.
[/quote]

Under your radar maybe
[/quote]

He is under the radar. Playing on the Euros tour and he was not the star the Uihlein was being the #1 am.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Glad to see Keopka playing well over in Europe this week.

On what basis, if any, does he have his PGA Tour Card for 2015-16?

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti

Guy has talent and is playing well this year, should've been considered for Ryder Cup.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1410018209' post='10075133']
[quote name='ShutSteepStuck' timestamp='1410016817' post='10075035']
Glad to see Keopka playing well over in Europe this week.

On what basis, if any, does he have his PGA Tour Card for 2015-16?
[/quote]

For 2015-2016? He doesn't. For 2014-2015, he does (Top 125 non-member FedEx Cup points list).
[/quote]

Thx!

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti

[quote name='DiamanaDenno' timestamp='1372697066' post='7363006']
This guy is one of the hottest names in golf right now but i really havent seen any buzz about him stateside?! he has won 3 times on the european challenge tour this year earning him a promotion straight to the european tour! this totals 4 wins in less than a year and a lot of people around the circuit saying he really is the next big thing, likening him to martin kaymer who came through the challenge tour quickly to be a majoy champion and world no. 1!

those same people are saying that Brooks Koepka also has a lot more game!

so why the lack of interest or am i just not seeing it? would really like to see some genuine WITB and swing videos but he is being largely overlooked!

him and peter uilhein really look like they could do big things for american golf in the future, would like to see more of them!
[/quote]

Don't feel bad, Wie and him "hangout" around the town.

I had a chance to meet Brooks at last years PGA. He is a super nice guy and very engaging. I am hue college golf follower so I knew about him. It was funny when I was talking to him a middle aged man came up and wanted his autograph. After he signed his flag the guy looked at the signature and asked "who are you?" He took it in stride and laughed it off.

I'm a huge fan he's got loads of talent and moxie plus an excellent demeanor. He will learn how to win soon he keeps putting himself in position

Mayfield Sand Ridge CC
Stealth Plus 9 Ventus TR Red 6S

Apex UW 17* AD-DI 7S 

Sim2 4 Rescue AD-DI 85S

ZX5 MKII 4-6 / ZX7 MKII 7-P Modus Limited 115

SM9 Raw 50-54-58

Spider Hydroblast short slant 

[quote name='xabia' timestamp='1410099890' post='10079097']
I'm a huge fan he's got loads of talent and moxie plus an excellent demeanor. He will learn how to win soon he keeps putting himself in position
[/quote]

I agree.

I'm one of the guys biggest fans, however, watching him finish today I was reminded of that huge hybrid flair he hit at CordeValle last year or the year before when in the thick of things (maybe even leading) on the back 9 Sunday.

He hit hybrid again today off 18 when he absolutely needed to find the fairway and failed to do so.

Looking forward to seeing him competing stateside in a few weeks. I'm sure he'll have another chance to win on Sunday soon.

sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti