2013 FedEx Cup Playoff's Round 2 - Deutsche Bank Championship, TPC Boston, Norton,MA

Frankensteins Monster

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nochct1' timestamp='1378073069' post='7782781']
Did Graham DeLeat actually play hockey growing up or do the announcers just assume that everyone who is from Canada was the next Wayne Gretzky before they decided to play golf?
[/quote]

He did, and was rather good IIRC playing Junior A or something like that

[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Taylormade[/b] R1 w/ Aldila Voodoo 10*
[b]Cleveland[/b] Classic 15.5* w/ Matrix Ozik
[b]Adams [/b]DHY 20* with Aerotech Steelfiber
[b]Ping [/b]S57's w/ S300 4-W [/font][/size]
[b][font=georgia, serif]Cleveland[/font][/b][color=#010101][font=georgia, serif] 588's 52, 56, 60[/font][/color]
[size=4][font=georgia,serif][b]Kenny Giannini[/b] G2 Chubby [/font][/size]

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1378072378' post='7782747']
[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1378071415' post='7782673']
For all those who complain about how boring the majors are when the winning score is +2- -2, is this really better? Like watching the wendys 3 tour challenge.
[/quote]

I think a lot of people enjoy watching birdiefests, and the TOUR acknowledges this.

The commentators earlier mentioned that enough tee boxes were moved up to make the course play 7,043 yards today. With no wind and softened greens you have the perfect recipe for low scores.
[/quote]
Actually I fell asleep.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I had to look it up. Missed some with his irons, a lot of putts simply didn't drop when he had the opportunities and of course he missed long par putts. Just seemingly not a good day with a bogey streak then he recovered some with two birdies at the end.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you're not in double digits, you've go no shot tomorrow. The course is just too soft.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

For all those who complain about how boring the majors are when the winning score is +2- -2, is this really better? Like watching the wendys 3 tour challenge.
[/quote]

There has been some great golf that has resulted in some great scores. I definetely like watching this just as much as a major. I don't like it when a player hits fantastic shots and is penalized because they set the course up to be unplayable. I might be in the minority, but I would rather watch someone nearly shoot 59 than struggle to break 80.

But I also enjoy watching most golf, including the Wendy's 3 Tour Challenge.

edit: I do find it amusing that the people saying they would shoot in the 70's/80's at Muirfield are not posting how they would shoot in the 60's here.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1378075730' post='7782925']
[/quote]

I think a lot of people enjoy watching birdiefests, and the TOUR acknowledges this.

The commentators earlier mentioned that enough tee boxes were moved up to make the course play 7,043 yards today. With no wind and softened greens you have the perfect recipe for low scores.
[/quote]
Actually I fell asleep.
[/quote]

I also fell asleep.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[quote name='Dave230' timestamp='1378076702' post='7782975']
How did Tiger shoot 72 today? Only one score worse in the top 50 today.
[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9625399/tiger-woods-fades-1-72-deutsche-bank-championship

"I just didn't have it today," Woods said. "I just didn't hit it well. I didn't make anything. Just one of those days; I had a bad day at the wrong time.
"The course is gettable, that's for sure. The greens were so receptive. You could be very aggressive and not have to worry about anything. Unfortunately, I just didn't put it together today."

Always blaming the greens. This time, they were too receptive.

[quote name='Brock Savage' timestamp='1378079600' post='7783167']
[/quote]

[url="http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9625399/tiger-woods-fades-1-72-deutsche-bank-championship"]http://espn.go.com/g...nk-championship[/url]

"I just didn't have it today," Woods said. "I just didn't hit it well. I didn't make anything. Just one of those days; I had a bad day at the wrong time.
"The course is gettable, that's for sure. The greens were so receptive. You could be very aggressive and not have to worry about anything. Unfortunately, I just didn't put it together today."

[/quote]

My sarcasm meter might be a bit off, but to me he is remarking on how he wasted his opportunity with the greens being as soft as they were.

[quote name='Frankie Lob Wedge' timestamp='1378063767' post='7782093']
[quote name='Shankieboink' timestamp='1378017070' post='7780151']
Stenson will win this at -20.
[/quote]

Stenson is due. He has been playing great all year long. He has been very close.
[/quote]

+1

Callaway FT-iz 9*
Ping G15 4W 17*
Taylormade 09 Rescue 19*, 22*
Ping G25 5-9, PW, UW
Cleveland CG14 54*, 58*
Odyssey Original White Hot 2 Ball

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1378078286' post='7783037']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I fell asleep.
[/quote]

I also fell asleep.
[/quote]

Surely you woke up when the commentators wet their pants at Tiger getting a birdie?

[size=4][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G10 9* Prolaunch Red Stiff
Titleist 913 17* S Plus 82 Stiff
Titleist 913 21* S Plus 70 Stiff
Mizuno MP63 4-Pw SG S300 Stiff
52 & 56 MD Players Cobalt Wedge Flex
58 Ping Tour S
Rife Bimini[/font][/size]

[quote name='Cwalts1991' timestamp='1378081474' post='7783295']
[/quote]

[url="http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9625399/tiger-woods-fades-1-72-deutsche-bank-championship"]http://espn.go.com/g...nk-championship[/url]

[/quote]

My sarcasm meter might be a bit off, but to me he is remarking on how he wasted his opportunity with the greens being as soft as they were.
[/quote]

I'm going to assume sarcasm as well. But I do think that Tiger has let slower green get into his head. It seems like every time it rains during or before a tournament he struggles. Its almost like he can't get himself to fly his irons to the pin and he simply don't hit his putts hard enough on slow greens.

As for the tournament. I think its been great so far. TPC Boston will never be a course that really challenges these guys, but its a fun tournament to watch with some great holes.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
It's not off. He said he didn't make anything on a receptive course. Just had a bad day. He said he wasted a great day where you could shoot at pins.

[quote name='bunter101' timestamp='1378082127' post='7783361']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1378078286' post='7783037']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Actually I fell asleep.
[/quote]

I also fell asleep.
[/quote]

Surely you woke up when the commentators wet their pants at Tiger getting a birdie?
[/quote]
No. Slept through that too.

And apparently it looks like Phil ran out of gas at the end.

Phil shoots even and Tiger shoots 1 over, but Rory apparently came to play posting his best 18 hole finish all year with a 7 under 64.

If Tiger shoots another 72 (which wont happen) and Scott shoots another 67 (which might happen), will there be a big enough point difference to swap them at 1 and 2 on the point list?

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

The course is soft and "receptive" as we like to say...but these guys are playing some solid golf. I saw very few errant drives or even balls in the rough off the tee today. Sergio was just striping it like I haven't seen before - from him.

Blame the weather we have here in the east. I hate it. Constant humidity and pop-up storms. You just can't get dry out there. There have been a number of tourneys this year in the eastern half of the country that were going to be set up to get dry and firm, then the storms roll in and change everything. Whoever keeps this humidity going in the east all Summer needs to be fired.

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1378085934' post='7783665']
Phil shoots even and Tiger shoots 1 over, but Rory apparently came to play posting his best 18 hole finish all year with a 7 under 64.

If Tiger shoots another 72 (which wont happen) and Scott shoots another 67 (which might happen), will there be a big enough point difference to swap them at 1 and 2 on the point list?
[/quote]
I don't think so. He's got a pretty good lead on him now, but he'll certainly pull closer.

It was fun watching Stenson, Garcia, Dufner, and DeLaet hit golf balls. Stenson has been playing some great golf. It'll be interesting to see how he does tomorrow. Garcia? Depends on where he is mentally. Dufner? Well, he is the Iceman (figuratively and literally). DeLaet? A lot of pressure. How will he handle it.

[quote name='Wood511' timestamp='1378086036' post='7783681']
The course is soft and "receptive" as we like to say...but these guys are playing some solid golf. I saw very few errant drives or even balls in the rough off the tee today. Sergio was just striping it like I haven't seen before - from him.

Blame the weather we have here in the east. I hate it. Constant humidity and pop-up storms. You just can't get dry out there. There have been a number of tourneys this year in the eastern half of the country that were going to be set up to get dry and firm, then the storms roll in and change everything. Whoever keeps this humidity going in the east all Summer needs to be fired.
[/quote]

I'm always surprised when I read guys on golfwrx claiming that they would play so much better in tour courses because the fast fairways would give them an extra 20 yards of roll. What they fail to realize is that the fast fairways lead to more balls going in the rough and hard fast greens lead to balls going over the back of the green or off the side of the green.
Give tour pros soft greens and soft fairways and they are going to shoot some low scores.

[/quote]

Quite possibly. Tiger leads Adam by 162 points. A 72 would probably drop Tiger to around 60th, and a 67 would probably move Adam up to around 25th, which is a point difference of 175. That would do it.

Depends, of course, on what the other guys shoot. If the guys ahead of Adam play great, and the guys behind Tiger play badly, then Adam will end up lower than 25th, and Tiger will end up higher than 60th.

But it probably doesn't matter, because both Tiger and Adam will almost certainly be in the top 5 for the Tour Championship no matter what they shoot tomorrow, and if one of them wins the TC, he wins the FedEx Cup.

[quote name='Brock Savage' timestamp='1378090171' post='7784061']

[/quote]

Quite possibly. Tiger leads Adam by 162 points. A 72 would probably drop Tiger to around 60th, and a 67 would probably move Adam up to around 25th, which is a point difference of 175. That would do it.

Depends, of course, on what the other guys shoot. If the guys ahead of Adam play great, and the guys behind Tiger play badly, then Adam will end up lower than 25th, and Tiger will end up higher than 60th.
[/quote]
Sounds like Calculus. I hated Calculus.

[/quote]

[/quote]

My sarcasm meter might be a bit off, but...[/quote]

Time for a 20,000 mile check-up.

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1378094110' post='7784349']
The PGA TOUR's website shows the final threesome going off at 10:00 AM Boston time, with Golf Channel beginning their coverage at 11:30 ET.

You have to think the Golf Channel and NBC coverage will be tape-delayed, so watch out.
[/quote]

I would be interested to know what their plans are in that regard, I live in the UK and Sky are still showing coverage to start at 4.30pm, hopefully it will be tape delayed otherwise it will be pointless.

I will be interested to see how the leaders do and whether someone come back from a way back to post a number, I think -11 is as far back as you can look though and that would require a 62, a poor day by Garcia and slow days for the stenson, dufner, delaet and stricker.