If you have a pending issue with CrippleCreekPro Please Read Immediately

Gxgolfer

I am sorry to see so many of you have been burned. While I was hestitant to enter this thread since I was not part of a transaction, I thought I would pose the idea of contacting the head pro at Cripple Creek. From some of the posts in the thread, it appears that shipping (or possibly transactions) occured through Cripple Creek's shop. If this fellow, Stephen, is an employee in the shop, perhaps his boss could apply some pressure to correct this situation. I am sure the pro would like to know if some form of fraud was being committed from his shop.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sorry to see so many of you have been burned. While I was hestitant to enter this thread since I was not part of a transaction, I thought I would pose the idea of contacting the head pro at Cripple Creek. From some of the posts in the thread, it appears that shipping (or possibly transactions) occured through Cripple Creek's shop. If this fellow, Stephen, is an employee in the shop, perhaps his boss could apply some pressure to correct this situation. I am sure the pro would like to know if some form of fraud was being committed from his shop.

Already tried that. He never worked there & only played golf there for a while.

I find it odd that CCP is allmost allways online on this site...I am begining to wonder if he ever had the R5 TP that I payed him for..

I think he may have dug himself a hole that is too deep for him to get out of..

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

Does anyone at CC know if he " borrowed" any of the items in question from their stock or was selling items that belong to Cripple CreeK?

I find it odd that CCP is allmost allways online on this site...I am begining to wonder if he ever had the R5 TP that I payed him for..

I think he may have dug himeself a hole that is too deep for him to get out of..

He seems to be always online now because Brian has access to the computer Stephen was using.

Does anyone at CC know if he " borrowed" any of the items in question from their stock or was selling items that belong to Cripple CreeK?

...There also has been suggestion that he is Xgator...

The B/S/T ads don't have XGator/a.k.a. Jason Smith's "signature"........and he's in Louisiana.

You might want to remove the approvedseller.gif tag that stills shows under CCP's avatar until matters are cleared up. ;)

I was contacted by Brian Trout, the head pro of CCP. I will talk to him about the details involved.

As for the Tag, it has been removed. I've been tied up with PMs and also needed to make sure I created a group that would keep all the messages there.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

I talked to the headpro at Cripple Creek and he said that Stephen Sigmon (CCP) was not listed on the payroll until May. But from what GX has stated previously, it appears that CCP is no longer working at Cripple Creek.

Last I talked to him was yesterday stating that he'd send my MO this weekend. From the looks of it...I shouldn't be too optimistic that it will arrive....but I hope that's not the case for me and for everyone else.

Bought a set of clubs for 400 USD and same story as the rest of you. I wasn't so patient though when I saw negative feedback started to build up (only few hours after I made my payment ;) ) so I claimed a PayPal dispute. Don't know if that's the right thing to do but didn't know what else to do...

Hopefully that will freeze his account so he don't get a chance to empty it all out.

Maybe the biggest chance to get you money back is to go directly to your own bank. I'll give that a try next week but I'm not too optimistic.

And yes that approved seller thing isn't that great! Maybe you should sell a certain amount of items AND be a member for a certaion amount of time, before WRX approves you... Just my opinion.

It looks like he has recieved alot of money from us in a very short time.But on Tuesday when I asked him to send me a PayPal he said he did not have it in there and would need to wait till he got paid.

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

Postman just came, NO REFUND!

Game on!

Just spoke with him again, told me that he sent the Money Order and has no clue why it isn't here yet. He has given me NOTHING in the form of the truth so I am expecting the worst. I guess there is a slight chance that it could show up on Monday but I am guessing I am SOL.

My inbox is overflowing, we need to get a space where we can document all of this.

Please use this thread to consolidate information.

Approved Sellers pay $3 per listing. The wording will be changed to try to uncloud that meaning.

Bought a set of clubs for 400 USD and same story as the rest of you. I wasn't so patient though when I saw negative feedback started to build up (only few hours after I made my payment ;) ) so I claimed a PayPal dispute. Don't know if that's the right thing to do but didn't know what else to do...

Hopefully that will freeze his account so he don't get a chance to empty it all out.

Maybe the biggest chance to get you money back is to go directly to your own bank. I'll give that a try next week but I'm not too optimistic.

And yes that approved seller thing isn't that great! Maybe you should sell a certain amount of items AND be a member for a certaion amount of time, before WRX approves you... Just my opinion.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

You guys have been more than patient. For those of you with this person's address/phone it is time to:

A) Contact the District Attorney's office in the County where this person lives. Look for a Fraud Division and e-mail/phone the Deputy DA in charge to file a complaint.

B) Contact the Sherrif's Department in the County where this person lives. Again, find the fraud Division and email/phone the Deputy in charge with pertinent information, especially any logs of the bad transactions. I bet you guys have enough evidence to support the issuance of a search/arrest warrant. Act sooner than later, because he may still have your equipment in his posession, which the SD can seize and return.

C) Contact the Postal Inspector. If these transactions were to occur via mail. This person may have committed mail fraud.

Give'em Hell.

Based on the fact that this "member" has yet to keep a single commitment he has made to any member on this forum, it is difficult for me to comprehend why Gxgolfer thinks this "member" is taking care of everyone he screwed?

It is easy for the unaffected such as yourself to sit back and tell the rest of us who got screwed to "be patient". I wonder what your reaction would be if you were the member who spent $700 dollars on a Scotty Cameron putter that this guy sold, while the closest he ever came to owning it was copying a picture of it off of eBay?

My rant is over!!!!

I know BigD received a refund. I know someone in the Bay Area, received a putter that was different than ordered. I know Big D also received the wrong irons. So people did get misshiped items and at least one received a paypal refund as of Thurs/Fri.

GolfWRX is not responsible for any transactions that occur in the BST or by its Sponsors. It can only be directly responsible for transactions directly involving them. We fully assist in any information need by law enforcement. I am trying to help everyone involved here as best I can.

BST AD Help

That is why the wording will be changed.

Even though he wouldn't be home for the weekend he's online right now...

About the approved seller. I know there's a price of 3 usd but I think several of the "deals" made by CCP were made without listings. I had a listing in the "wanted to buy" section and he contacted me. That way he also saved the 3 usd...

BST AD Help

Just a question for those of you who traded items with CCP....have any of you gotten payment for the item you shipped to him yet?

From reading his negative feedback it seems before his paypal account got frozen he refunded money to some members who bought clubs from him....so I'm hoping he is trying to do the right thing and pay us all for the items we sent him. Maybe I'm being too naive, but I'm trying to stay optimistic...

I have spoken to Brian, the head pro at CripplerCreek. He has stated to me that Stephen contact information is factual and that Stephen was never on Crippler Creek's payroll. The club was and is still closed because of snow I believe. Brian filled me in on some more information that involved parties can PM me about. Brian said he'd get back to me on working on this issue together with him.

BST AD Help

I have spoken to Brian, the head pro at CripplerCreek. He has stated to me that Stephen contact information is factual and that Stephen was never on Crippler Creek's payroll. The club was and is still closed because of snow I believe. Brian filled me in on some more information that involved parties can PM me about. Brian said he'd get back to me on working on this issue together with him.

I must say GX you are doing yeomans work to help out the members here, you should be commended for going above the call of duty... I know you have no obligation to get involved and on "other" boards the powers that be wouldnt give 2 craps if you got ripped off ( I was scammed once on another site and the board owners response to me via pm was " see, you should have bought from us then you wouldnt have this problem"). Thats what makes wrx the "bomb"... I also beleive the feedback system should be used more than it is as you can get a better idea of someones pedigree if they have done multiple deals over a LONG PERIOD OF TIME. What scares me is that this guy has been here for less than a monthe and did 3 quick deals to get some feedback and then began his scam... anyone who thinks this guy didnt scam our members on purpose needs to get their head out of the sand... this guy calculated this whole mess from the day he created his account (Jan 11, 2007) make a few quick deals for positive feedback and then let the pillaging begin. I am not sure how I can help but if there is any way I can help any of you guys out shoot me a PM, I will do whatever I can to help the victims out here.

I am in for 260 U.S. to Stephen as well for an R7 460 TP which i sent a money order for on Monday February 5, 2007. We spoke constantly for a week previous about it and everything seemed kosher i sent him the money order and there is not a tracking number for my driver which can be normal when using USPS and sending to Canada. I've got his Full name and address as well as the new course which he says he's moving to for work. I'm really not sure what to do, i've sent him numerous pm's and he swears that my club is on the way brand new in the box. I've got all my pm's that i've sent him and received back. I spoke to my bank today and they said i should contact the fraud department of my local police and see what they will do. I hate shite like this.

I must say GX you are doing yeomans work to help out the members here, you should be commended for going above the call of duty... I know you have no obligation to get involved and on "other" boards the powers that be wouldnt give 2 craps if you got ripped off ( I was scammed once on another site and the board owners response to me via pm was " see, you should have bought from us then you wouldnt have this problem"). Thats what makes wrx the "bomb"... I also beleive the feedback system should be used more than it is as you can get a better idea of someones pedigree if they have done multiple deals over a LONG PERIOD OF TIME. What scares me is that this guy has been here for less than a monthe and did 3 quick deals to get some feedback and then began his scam... anyone who thinks this guy didnt scam our members on purpose needs to get their head out of the sand... this guy calculated this whole mess from the day he created his account (Jan 11, 2007) make a few quick deals for positive feedback and then let the pillaging begin. I am not sure how I can help but if there is any way I can help any of you guys out shoot me a PM, I will do whatever I can to help the victims out here.

Very well said Ty and thanks....It is kinda strange that he,CCP, has been online here most of the day and has been active but he has not responded to my PM.s....This whole thing realy sucks.My wife was kind enough to let me replace my clubs and now this.She is to say the least a bit aprehsive to let me try and find another driver.But as I told her this (the online golf comunity) is the best place to get good deals.And as we know MOST of the guys that use it are stand up people...

BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

Well, no money order for me today either. I spoke tim by phone and he assured me it was sent yesterday (2:30 pm CST and nada).

Let's see....

Three promises the clubs ahd been shipped - NO CLUBS

Two promises of a PayPal refund - NO REFUND

Two promises of a money order via USPS Overnight - NO MONEY ORDER

Getting screwed by a Delaware scumbag - PRICELESS!!!!!

GX, other than BigD and the aforementioned gentlemen who got a refund for the grip (since he had already scammed the rest of us for thousands of dollars, the $10 refund for the grip was an incredible gesture of good faith!!), who has received a refund or a club / clubs?

Also, is your impression in talking to the pro at Cripple Creek that this guy is an adult, or is he a younger guy or kid?

I saw on a local website in Dover some conversation about some highschool golf results which indicated a kid by this same name was a pretty good player a couple of years ago. That would make him early 20's now.

Also, GX, as I stated on the PM, we appreciate everything you're doing!!

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

Great point, John.

Unfortunately it appears that he was either buying off eBay and flipping merchandise, or in most cases merely posting photo's from eBay auctions as his property.

WITB

This is one of the last things he pm'd me on Thursday February 8th, 2007

"Yeah everythings fine. People are now out to get me, and all of them in fact have been refunded, and had their items shipped to them in a timely manner. I had a few things we believe to be stolen from the club the day I shipped all their stuff out, now im out their equipment, my money, and now im being accused of even more stuff. Your r7 is on the way, no worries.... I have a few people on here, who are telling me im getting dicked over... and you know, I am. But it's okay.... im now done with GolfWRX and im sorry that people don't have anymore time on their hands then to single out ONE person. "

I am in for 260 U.S. to Stephen as well for an R7 460 TP which i sent a money order for on Monday February 5, 2007. We spoke constantly for a week previous about it and everything seemed kosher i sent him the money order and there is not a tracking number for my driver which can be normal when using USPS and sending to Canada. I've got his Full name and address as well as the new course which he says he's moving to for work. I'm really not sure what to do, i've sent him numerous pm's and he swears that my club is on the way brand new in the box. I've got all my pm's that i've sent him and received back. I spoke to my bank today and they said i should contact the fraud department of my local police and see what they will do. I hate shite like this.

Ara, maybe you'll be the lucky guy who's transaction makes it through okay?

But just a head's up, he said he shipped the Rapture driver I was supposed to get on Jan. 19 via UPS and to this date he still isn't able to give me a tracking number and I have yet to see the package....almost 3 weeks after the date he was supposed to ship it.

First he told me, that his son got sick and had to take him to the hospital so that he would get me the tracking number the next day...after that I got other reasons why he couldn't get me the number.."UPS screwed up the tracking number", "I received the wrong tracking number from UPS", etc. He then proceeded to tell me around a week ago that the club was in Vancouver and that I would be receiving it within a day or so. Two days pass and still nothing. After contacting him via PM he tells me he's not sure what's wrong with the people at UPS (he said that everyone he talked to gave him a different story about where the club is and that no one would know exactly where the club is for sure until it reaches customs). I'm pretty sure it does not take UPS 3 weeks to get a club to customs.

It's only been 5 days since you commenced your transaction...I hope your situation turns out better than mine.

This is one of the last things he pm'd me on Thursday February 8th, 2007

"Yeah everythings fine. People are now out to get me, and all of them in fact have been refunded, and had their items shipped to them in a timely manner. I had a few things we believe to be stolen from the club the day I shipped all their stuff out, now im out their equipment, my money, and now im being accused of even more stuff. Your r7 is on the way, no worries.... I have a few people on here, who are telling me im getting dicked over... and you know, I am. But it's okay.... im now done with GolfWRX and im sorry that people don't have anymore time on their hands then to single out ONE person. "

That's it....we're all wrong in singling him out....he hasn't done anything wrong, and he has done everything he said he would do....all these bad people are picking on him.....

Anyone know the answer to whether filing charges has to be done in the county where Cripple Creek is, or in the county where he now is (I'm guessing same as Dover, DE)? It seems like this would be gray area as this falls under mail / wire fraud...right?

WITB

Well, it looks like I may be screwed too then...and to think: I defended him. I am out $75 bucks. We were gonna trade my White Peace sign cover and $75 bucks for a 906F2 3 wood he had. I paid the 75 and then was going to send the cover the next day and all this broke loose. I didnt send the cover b/c we both called it off until he cleared the mess up. Doesnt look like it will clear any time soon. I was going to get a refund but his account got frozen. I guess we will see. Im not going to dog him like some have but I sure hope I get my $75 back.

Mike

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

AI Smoke TD 3W w/ Ventus Black 8x

AI Smoke TD 7W w/ Ventus Black 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-G w/ KBS Tour V X
SM10 Raw 54D/58K

IDK anymore. 

Well i've got a pretty good feeling that i'm gettin screwed as well here man! It's so frustrating having your hands tied fully knowing that im probaly out 300 bucks Canadian. Let's hope this can be fixed. I'm going to contact the fraud department of my local police and see if they can do anything for me but i doubt it. Im also hoping that once the money order is cashed my bank can perhaps track what account it went into in Deleware and go from there. Christ i'm grabbin at straws here!!