Random conversation thread

Sco, the thing to remember about Herm Edwards, he's a former NFL linebacker, it's possible he could still bench his former playing weight.

That said, wouldn't surprise me if they are fluffing the distances. The Tour Event telecasts already do that with incorrect club (intentional or not) reporting on shots, and fluffing distances on tee shots. Distance sells.

Chicks Dig The Long Ball!

I don't know if pitchers' ability at golf, including distance, is related to hitting. There's a lot of rotational strength, and leg strength, in the art of pitching.

edited to add "tour event" above. proofreading for the win

A pitcher's living is based on perfecting proper mechanics- when they get just a bit out of whack, they miss their spots and get shelled. Starters also make a ton of $$ and only pitch every 5th day- seems like a recipe for a lot of golf, lol.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Ping G5 13.5*                  Aerotech Power Coil 50S                        

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Maltby Top Site TS-6  putter 41"

I don't know if pitchers' ability at golf, including distance, is related to hitting. There's a lot of rotational strength, and leg strength, in the art of pitching.

I would guess that the commonality is a preponderance of fast-twitch musculature. But the emphasis on mechanics in both would seem to be a factor, too.

And if you play persimmon, you're my friend

So...every once in a while I stop off on the History channel or one of the Discovery channels.

They like to have shows on Aliens visiting our planet.

My question...why do aliens have such BIG heads? Seems to me having such a big head would

cause balance problems. Doubt they would be any good at golf.

Talent is the desire to practice

Watched one of my top 5 movies of all time again a couple of nights ago. And as always, can't get the theme song out of my head for several days thereafter. So off to youtube to listen. Whilst there, discovered this. And several more. Mesmerizing. Very cool. Apparently, this is an annual event in Edinburgh. One of these days. Birly, thinking of you.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

So...every once in a while I stop off on the History channel or one of the Discovery channels.

My question...why do aliens have such BIG heads? Seems to me having such a big head would

I wouldn't be so sure. If the aliens were telekinetic they may find golf to be a very dull diversion scoring an ace on every hole!

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I wouldn't be so sure. If the aliens were telekinetic they may find golf to be a very dull diversion scoring an ace on every hole!

Speaking of aliens, I was recently surveying the new releases at my local library and came across "The 37th Parallel: The Secret Truth Behind America's UFO Highway". Fascinating book, was completely engrossed right up until the climatic last page where -- inexplicably -- ALMOST ALL OF THE TEXT IS REDACTED! What the hell? Seriously?

Turns out that a movie is being made of the book, guess they're trying to build suspense for it. I'm just glad I didn't pay $24.95 (or anything) for the book.

Here's my guess as to the redacted portion: "Its Bigfoot -- Bigfoot is a time-jumping extra terrestrial from 100 million light years away who built the pyramids, inspired all of the world's major religions, lives underground on a vast network of highways, and has a taste for beefsteak, hence the 10,000 unsolved mutilated cattle cases."

Just a guess.

Sounds a lot like the thesis put forward by a popular author in the 70's I recall. Erich Von Daniken was his name and he wrote Chariots of the Gods? I remember that my Dad was into those books and read the whole series that theorized that space visitors built the Pyramids, Mayan Temples and other similar structures and basically organized religion and the like. I read the first one i think and while it was thought provoking it seemed to be just another bit of Science Fiction masquerading as a serious piece of investigative literature.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Hey Fellaheen - lived here for 25 years and although I only need to walk about 2 mins from my front door to see the temporary arena that they build every summer to host the Tattoo, I have never been. Not sure if that is a shame, or a cause for shame. It is supposed to be an amazing spectacle, though I fear that military bands may be a taste I have yet to acquire. The trouble is there are amazing spectacles every summer when that is on. Last year it was the circus that was unlike anything I'd ever imagined. This year, I saw the Church of Scotland's General Assembly Hall turned into a comedy club. The comedy was rubbish, but the venue was breathtaking.

How ironic that this thread goes to the topic of aliens when Mrs. Pelz's mother is in town.

Fortunately, I got along better with my Mother-in-Law. She loved me. Told my wife that if anything happened to us that she would disown her! :o Harsh words...

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

How ironic that this thread goes to the topic of aliens when Mrs. Pelz's mother is in town.

Fortunately, I got along better with my Mother-in-Law. She loved me. Told my wife that if anything happened to us that she would disown her! :o Harsh words...

In the mother in law vein...

I also got along quite well with my mother in law. Lovely woman, the world is made less by her absence. I'd met her a few years before I met she who became Wife 2.0.

Amusingly, my mother in law hired my mother in 1983. And, she and her #2 daughter conspired to introduce me to my wife (#3 daughter).

Always told my mother in law she only had herself to blame if she ever got mad at me. She would just laugh and pat me on the arm. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 10.2*, 43.5", SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Kevin, I recognized the side plate of your bike in the pic Alan (HAB) inquired about. But didn't want to steal your response to him. Knew it was a Triumph twin. Spent a fair amount of time in my youth staring at it while trying to minimize the oil leakage coming from that plate. Had a 1969 Triumph Bonnie, with "shorty" pipes. A weird combination of SAE, Metric and Whitworth fasteners on the bike. Never knew what wrench to grab when I had to work on it. LOL. Could never get the front brake shoes to stop squealing either. And after a rain (it sat outside), your leg would fall off trying to kick start it. Was gold with the black/gold tank.

But I had a lot of fun with that motorcycle, young college girls always wanted to go for a ride. And was the primary means of transport for nigh on to a year while at school in E. L. If you see this posting, would you post a pic of your bike. Would really like to see it. For nostalgia purposes. TIA.

Its a 2011 version, model T100, styled to look like the 60's classic, right down to the (fake) carburetor and wire wheels. I bought it this past spring and got great usage of it when I had a 44 mile round trip commute to work each day. Now that we've moved to within 1.5 miles of my office I haven't gotten it out so much. Too much trouble to gear up for such a short ride. Here's some pics:

Kevin, I recognized the side plate of your bike in the pic Alan (HAB) inquired about. But didn't want to steal your response to him. Knew it was a Triumph twin. Spent a fair amount of time in my youth staring at it while trying to minimize the oil leakage coming from that plate. Had a 1969 Triumph Bonnie, with "shorty" pipes. A weird combination of SAE, Metric and Whitworth fasteners on the bike. Never knew what wrench to grab when I had to work on it. LOL. Could never get the front brake shoes to stop squealing either. And after a rain (it sat outside), your leg would fall off trying to kick start it. Was gold with the black/gold tank.

But I had a lot of fun with that motorcycle, young college girls always wanted to go for a ride. And was the primary means of transport for nigh on to a year while at school in E. L. If you see this posting, would you post a pic of your bike. Would really like to see it. For nostalgia purposes. TIA.

Doug, I hope you took GOOD care of those co-eds!!!

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Its a 2011 version, model T100, styled to look like the 60's classic, right down to the (fake) carburetor and wire wheels. I bought it this past spring and got great usage of it when I had a 44 mile round trip commute to work each day. Now that we've moved to within 1.5 miles of my office I haven't gotten it out so much. Too much trouble to gear up for such a short ride. Here's some pics:

Kevin, sharp bike you have. A buddy of mine had 2 different 750 Bonnevilles after high school. I remember one being a "split pea" green color and the other a "steely" blue color. Nice rides but tough to get parts in the late 70's.

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Kevin, TYVM for posting those pictures. Stellar motorcycle. Always had a soft spot for British twins. While a classic triumph is nostalgic, one with modern mechanicals is the way to go. Discs, FI, better suspension, electronic ignition. Since its parked without cardboard underneath, assume its not a leaker. LOL. That one is a dead ringer for the T120's. Right down to the "knee pads" on the tank. Great color as well. Black always looks right.

Alan, I did my very best to be accommodating. I'm now feeling very old this morning.

My cousin also had a Triumph 650 Bonneville, his first bike, in the mid 70's. I do remember it being a challenge to keep on the road. Eventually he traded it on a Honda 750 which was the bike I learned to ride on. It was a wish of mine to get a bike for quite some time right up until a couple of friends had a gruesome a collision, no fault of their own, when they were cut off on a country road about dusk. They both survived, but have lifelong reminders. That sort of cured my desires. Now I have to worry about #2 son and his SO as they are getting a bike in the spring. A hand-me-down from his SO's Father.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Funny you should be talking about Triumph , yesterday was working on bathroom remodel and wanted a to wear a shirt that was in bad shape , wife is tired of me ruining nice ones, I grabbed my old Triumph t-shirt that has seen better days, its in the wash or would take picture of it.

It was given to me by my cousin who use to be the CEO/CFO of Triumph. When we lived in Seattle he used to come to the bike show and we would always get together. He would always give me something each trip.

WE used to walk the show and would have a blast just listening to him talk about his competition. Harley always got the most flack. He used to have about 20 vintage bikes, BSA/Nortons/Indians. He has downsized now and just has 4. When I visited him a while back in San Diego he had a 69 Bonny up on his rack restoring

I would like to say my first bike was a Triumph but it was my 3rd. First one was a German Zundap, it hauled butt, I traded that for a 3 wheel Harley, old police bike with big trunk in back, Sold that to some very rough looking bikers who gave me more than enough to make a chopper out of it.

Shortly after got a 500 Tiger. Wrecked it and never had another one. Loved that bike

Brings back some memories of my time around the BSA 650 Golden Flash, Nortons and Triumphs of that era. FOM has just restored a 1931 BSA.

Current Bag:

TM R7 425 driver 11.5

Cleveland Launcher #4 wood

Cobra King Hyper Steel #7 wood

BB Heavenwood # 9 wood

Titlelst DCI Black O/S irons 7 8 9 W SW, Lovett chipper

McGregor putter

Titleist Tour Soft balls

Funny you should be talking about Triumph , yesterday was working on bathroom remodel and wanted a to wear a shirt that was in bad shape , wife is tired of me ruining nice ones, I grabbed my old Triumph t-shirt that has seen better days, its in the wash or would take picture of it.

It was given to me by my cousin who use to be the CEO/CFO of Triumph. When we lived in Seattle he used to come to the bike show and we would always get together. He would always give me something each trip.

WE used to walk the show and would have a blast just listening to him talk about his competition. Harley always got the most flack. He used to have about 20 vintage bikes, BSA/Nortons/Indians. He has downsized now and just has 4. When I visited him a while back in San Diego he had a 69 Bonny up on his rack restoring

I would like to say my first bike was a Triumph but it was my 3rd. First one was a German Zundap, it hauled butt, I traded that for a 3 wheel Harley, old police bike with big trunk in back, Sold that to some very rough looking bikers who gave me more than enough to make a chopper out of it.

Shortly after got a 500 Tiger. Wrecked it and never had another one. Loved that bike

Betcha you'd like to get that Zundap back....pretty rare bike to find nowadays

Speaking of aliens, I was recently surveying the new releases at my local library and came across "The 37th Parallel: The Secret Truth Behind America's UFO Highway". Fascinating book, was completely engrossed right up until the climatic last page where -- inexplicably -- ALMOST ALL OF THE TEXT IS REDACTED! What the hell? Seriously?

Turns out that a movie is being made of the book, guess they're trying to build suspense for it. I'm just glad I didn't pay $24.95 (or anything) for the book.

Here's my guess as to the redacted portion: "Its Bigfoot -- Bigfoot is a time-jumping extra terrestrial from 100 million light years away who built the pyramids, inspired all of the world's major religions, lives underground on a vast network of highways, and has a taste for beefsteak, hence the 10,000 unsolved mutilated cattle cases."

Just a guess.

Bigfoot saw me the other day....but nobody believes him.