• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1394576451' post='8850553']
[quote name='OspreyCI' timestamp='1394575988' post='8850499']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1394575135' post='8850409']
[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1394574248' post='8850283']
Who's actually played this during a round yet?
[/quote]

I have played the driver and 3w one round. For me they are both automatic like the g25. Just straight and long, longer than g25.
[/quote]
How much longer do you think the i25 is over the G25? Maybe a wag?
[/quote]

At least 5 wags
[/quote]
Good one.. So not a big difference?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I have had mine on the course a couple of times. I love it so far. For me it is actually more forgiving than the G25. The stock shaft is working fine, it isn't as stiff as the Fuel but it is consistent. The 9.5 is the highest lofted driver I have ever owned and it is launching perfect for me. I couldn't be happier so far. The sound is better than the G25, the trajectory is better, it spins low, looks better, and is more forgiving. It is the best driver I have owned.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394597229' post='8853187']
I have had mine on the course a couple of times. I love it so far. For me it is actually more forgiving than the G25. The stock shaft is working fine, it isn't as stiff as the Fuel but it is consistent. The 9.5 is the highest lofted driver I have ever owned and it is launching perfect for me. I couldn't be happier so far. The sound is better than the G25, the trajectory is better, it spins low, looks better, and is more forgiving. It is the best driver I have owned.
[/quote]

First you got me thinking about abandoning my beloved S56s for i25s given your rave reviews about your transition to i20s, now you've got me thinking about the i25 driver over my G25. I might have to send you a bill! ;)

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

[quote name='dpb5031' timestamp='1394629077' post='8854379']
[/quote]

First you got me thinking about abandoning my beloved S56s for i25s given your rave reviews about your transition to i20s, now you've got me thinking about the i25 driver over my G25. I might have to send you a bill! ;)
[/quote]

My bad. If it helps I didn't find the i25 irons to have any real advantage over the i20 at all. There is a significant difference in the G25 and i25 driver. Also for what it is worth, I loved the S56s but the i20 long irons were just easier to hit so I went that route as I just couldn't over look the long iron advantage. The i25 driver is really really good.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1394632479' post='8854739']
Does ~.5* increase in loft from g25 to I25 sound right?
[/quote]
Good question ^^^

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394630293' post='8854507']
[/quote]

[/quote]

My bad. If it helps I didn't find the i25 irons to have any real advantage over the i20 at all. There is a significant difference in the G25 and i25 driver. Also for what it is worth, I loved the S56s but the i20 long irons were just easier to hit so I went that route as I just couldn't over look the long iron advantage. The i25 driver is really really good.
[/quote]

Well I've played the S56s since they were introduced with much success, but I'm thinking of going with graphite (steelfibers or recoils) to combat elbow tendonitis issues, so I'm thinking i25s since they're the latest version. I thought I would just get the S55s, but after testing them against the i25s it was hard to argue with the data, plus I thought the i25s felt great. The i25s gave me about 1.5-2 degrees of additional launch with about 200 RPMs less spin than the 55s. Slight mishits also felt significantly better. Many of my buddies have i20s so I have hit them and liked them with the CFS shafts.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

i25s with recoils would be sick. My favorite part about the i line are the long irons, just way easier to hit high and long.

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Srixon Z Star XV

Can anyone comment on comparisons from the I20 driver to I25? I loved the head shape and feel of the I20 but felt it spun too much when you missed the center. If the I25 retains the same look and feel of the I20 but also offers lower spin on off center strikes I may have to pick one up.

Titleist 915 D3 7.75*
Ping I20 17* Hybrid
Ping I20 20* Hybrid
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW
Ben Hogan Tk15 50*, 54*, 58*
Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H

[quote name='Puffy Woods' timestamp='1394673425' post='8859575']
Can anyone comment on comparisons from the I20 driver to I25? I loved the head shape and feel of the I20 but felt it spun too much when you missed the center. If the I25 retains the same look and feel of the I20 but also offers lower spin on off center strikes I may have to pick one up.
[/quote]

I played the i20 and g25. The i25 is longer than both, less spin and as straight as the g25. It's not quite as nice feeling and sounding as the i20, but much better than the g25.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394670830' post='8859239']
i25s with recoils would be sick. My favorite part about the i line are the long irons, just way easier to hit high and long.
[/quote]

Yes, I've heard you mention that! BTW - how's your son doing with his game? Still maintaining an interest? I took my daughter down to FL for a tournament 2 weeks ago. She shot 75-82 and tied for 5th. Not bad since she hadn't been on a golf course since late October. She loves her i20s and hits them well.

[b]WITB[/b]:
Taylormade TP5X Ball

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1394677628' post='8860093']
[/quote]

I played the i20 and g25. The i25 is longer than both, less spin and as straight as the g25. It's not quite as nice feeling and sounding as the i20, but much better than the g25.
[/quote] I had the opportunity to hit the i25 with the PWR 65 Stiff shaft last night . For reference I chose the R1 last year over the i20 and G25 among others. The R1 went further than both, was slightly more accurate than the i20, and was almost as forgiving as the G25. The i25 on the other hand is about equal in distance to the R1, is almost as forgiving as the G25, and I like the sound and feel significantly more than both the i20 and G25. I would have to explore the PWR 75 shaft and other options to see if can kick the R1 out of the bag of which it will have the chance when I look to move to a heavier and shorter shaft. For me the i25 is easily one of the best drivers out and if one is looking for a new driver this should be on the short list. Disclaimer: Until this past December I did not have one Ping club in the bag. In December I went in for a fairway and hybrid fitting and walked out with the G25's with stock shafts. This Friday I went in for a wedge fitting knowing I would walk out with Vokey SM5's (previously had SM4's) or Callaway Mack Daddy 2's. The fitter said humor me and try the Tour Gorge... it took only a few hits before walking out with a 54 and 60. Last night I went in for a very extensive putter fitting this time set on a Ping TR B60, Odyssey Versa 9, or TM Ghost Tour Maranello 81 and walked out with a Ping, just not the B60.

Ping i25 9.5 PWR 75 Stiff/ Rapture 13 3W
Ping i25 15 3W PWR 75 Stiff
Ping i25 19h PWR 80 Stiff
Callaway Apex 5 - AW KBS Tour-V Stiff
Ping Tour Gorge 54WS and Nike VR 60TS
Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B

Feel your pain. Had a cup if coffee with ping irons in the past but never really like them. I wanted players iron got fitted best for apex pros but don't like the look of then from address and wanted blades but realized wouldn't be good for my game. I kept looking at ping s55 until I hit the i25 long irons and they r just too easy to hit. Ordered them with gorge wedges today. Next is i25 driver and 4 wood no hybrid for me 4 wedges in my bag instead. Had a hybrid in past but found I ever used it and my 125 and in needed help so decided to go 4 wedges so gasps r better. Can't wIt to get them

Team beachbody coach
WITB Link

[quote name='sidarapr' timestamp='1396217635' post='8982259']
[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1394677628' post='8860093']
[/quote]

[/quote] I had the opportunity to hit the i25 with the PWR 65 Stiff shaft last night . For reference I chose the R1 last year over the i20 and G25 among others. The R1 went further than both, was slightly more accurate than the i20, and was almost as forgiving as the G25. The i25 on the other hand is about equal in distance to the R1, is almost as forgiving as the G25, and I like the sound and feel significantly more than both the i20 and G25. I would have to explore the PWR 75 shaft and other options to see if can kick the R1 out of the bag of which it will have the chance when I look to move to a heavier and shorter shaft. For me the i25 is easily one of the best drivers out and if one is looking for a new driver this should be on the short list. Disclaimer: Until this past December I did not have one Ping club in the bag. In December I went in for a fairway and hybrid fitting and walked out with the G25's with stock shafts. This Friday I went in for a wedge fitting knowing I would walk out with Vokey SM5's (previously had SM4's) or Callaway Mack Daddy 2's. The fitter said humor me and try the Tour Gorge... it took only a few hits before walking out with a 54 and 60. Last night I went in for a very extensive putter fitting this time set on a Ping TR B60, Odyssey Versa 9, or TM Ghost Tour Maranello 81 and walked out with a Ping, just not the B60.
[/quote]

The i25 with the stock PWR 65 stiff shaft just kicked my R1 with GD Tour AD DI6 out of the bag. I'ver NEVER owned a single Ping club, just haven't ever really liked them. To be honest, I never really fell in love with the R1 so when I hit the i25 it was love at first strike and easily booted the R1 out. Hit the first balls on the course with it this past week when i played 72 hole at Reunion Resort in Orlando. The i25 WANTS to go straight no matter where I seemed to hit it on the face. Aside from the occasional low left pull hook, I found more fairways that I've found in some time. I have found the i25 to be about 3 to 5 yards longer than the R1 on average. I love the feel and sound of the club. This will be a keeper....well, at least for about a year lol.

Unrelated, but I also picked up the new SM5 Vokeys. Wow is about all I can say. I haven't ever been a big Vokey fan, but I love these things. The 8620 carbon steel is getting close to the feel of forged and the spin is very nice off the face.

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394238560' post='8822605']
My i25 came in today and I was able to take it to the range and hit head to head vs my G25 Fuel TS 60 X, but I didn't have a LM. So no data, just the eye test.

My stats, 41 year old, low single digit to scratch, 119 ss full out and mostly swing around 112 on course. Always have played lowest loft, X stiff shafts to keep spin and launch down. Have played G25 for about a year and before that 913 D3 7.5. The G25 was digitally lofted at 9.6 and is a 8.5 head.

I have recently made some swing changes and am playing a fade now with the driver with more shaft lean, and the last time I had the G25 on the Flightscope I was launching it around 10.8 on average, everywhere between 10.4 to 12.2 but most shots were in the high 10's, spin was averaging between 2300 and 2400. iTeach wanted me to get used to launching it a touch higher. My max height was 80 feet or so and he wanted me to go above 90.

With that in mind, I rolled the dice and ordered a 9.5 head in the i25. I wanted to get it lofted at 9.9 or so, but they told my pro that they were not doing that anymore so I had to just take a stab at a 9.5 head see how it worked. Ping had told me in the past that all of the heads are between 1 to 1.5 degrees higher lofted than the stamped head number. So a 9.5 is going to be between 10.4 and 11 - ish. I was hoping I would get something in the mid 10's.

I was thinking about going with an upgraded shaft, but after consulting JW he saved me some money and recommended the PWR 65 Tour X.

Results - of course this is just one range session but I think I could get a pretty good idea vs the G25 and my old 913.

Feel - Loved it. Better feeling than the G25 for sure, and closer to the 913 which is a great feeling head. It is not nearly as loud as the G25 but louder than the 913. The shaft feels way different, not as stiff, higher torque, but was consistent and the dispersion was good. The shaft is not real stiff any where really to me, the butt section is on the stiffer side but not as stiff as the Fuel or TS 7.2, the mid section is mid flex, I could really feel it load quite a bit more than the Fuel making it feel less stiff, and the tip is mid to stiff for me anyway. I feel like the shaft bends and loads a little more than I am used to but the dispersion is not affected at all and if anything it gives me more feel. I went after a few really hard and the shaft stayed right with me.

Looks - I like the stripes myself. The stripes help me see the target line more to the left vs my normal tendency to swing too far right. Stripes are helping me. Shape is better than the G25, looks smaller and is closer to the classic pear shape of the 913.

Performance - I do not have any numbers, but it was clearly not spinning too much. The ball was spinning enough to fade the amount I wanted, but not over fading and not ballooning. The launch looked to be perfect, slightly higher but not a lot higher, almost the same just barely higher than my G25 and 913. I am guessing I am closer to mid 11's launch now. If I had to guess the spin is no more than 2300. I couldn't tell where each were landing on the range but I could tell the i25 was more consistent. For the record, I ordered the i25 at 45" vs the G25 is 44.5". With the head being new, I could see where the ball was contacting the face too. My tendency is to hit a toe shot occasionally and with this head I was much closer to the center on every swing. I did hit two toe shots and they were very straight compared to my toe hook I can get with the G25.

So far I am much more pleased than I thought I would be. My angst about going up in loft and going with the stock shaft appears to be for not as the club was clearly out performing the G25 with the Fuel. It was no comparison in consistency, dispersion, and flight.

I will take it to the course tomorrow and see where it lands vs my "normal" shots. I haven't been this excited about a driver in a long time. It was way better on the range, way better.
[/quote]
I just ordered a digitally lofted 10.5 I 25 last week. In fact, there was a small up charge for the digital loft verification. Is your pro simply mistaken?

Does anyone know how high I can get a digital lofted head on the I25 driver…. ?????

I currently play a 12 degree G25… I lose a little distance because of spin but it is a fairway finder...

If I could get a 11.5 - I25 head it may be just what the doctor ordered… I would close it .5 degrees and play it at 12 with a tour green shaft….

Fairway finder with more yards!!!

[quote name='Lionstar' timestamp='1396235165' post='8984205']
[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394238560' post='8822605']
My i25 came in today and I was able to take it to the range and hit head to head vs my G25 Fuel TS 60 X, but I didn't have a LM. So no data, just the eye test.

My stats, 41 year old, low single digit to scratch, 119 ss full out and mostly swing around 112 on course. Always have played lowest loft, X stiff shafts to keep spin and launch down. Have played G25 for about a year and before that 913 D3 7.5. The G25 was digitally lofted at 9.6 and is a 8.5 head.

I have recently made some swing changes and am playing a fade now with the driver with more shaft lean, and the last time I had the G25 on the Flightscope I was launching it around 10.8 on average, everywhere between 10.4 to 12.2 but most shots were in the high 10's, spin was averaging between 2300 and 2400. iTeach wanted me to get used to launching it a touch higher. My max height was 80 feet or so and he wanted me to go above 90.

With that in mind, I rolled the dice and ordered a 9.5 head in the i25. I wanted to get it lofted at 9.9 or so, but they told my pro that they were not doing that anymore so I had to just take a stab at a 9.5 head see how it worked. Ping had told me in the past that all of the heads are between 1 to 1.5 degrees higher lofted than the stamped head number. So a 9.5 is going to be between 10.4 and 11 - ish. I was hoping I would get something in the mid 10's.

I was thinking about going with an upgraded shaft, but after consulting JW he saved me some money and recommended the PWR 65 Tour X.

Results - of course this is just one range session but I think I could get a pretty good idea vs the G25 and my old 913.

Feel - Loved it. Better feeling than the G25 for sure, and closer to the 913 which is a great feeling head. It is not nearly as loud as the G25 but louder than the 913. The shaft feels way different, not as stiff, higher torque, but was consistent and the dispersion was good. The shaft is not real stiff any where really to me, the butt section is on the stiffer side but not as stiff as the Fuel or TS 7.2, the mid section is mid flex, I could really feel it load quite a bit more than the Fuel making it feel less stiff, and the tip is mid to stiff for me anyway. I feel like the shaft bends and loads a little more than I am used to but the dispersion is not affected at all and if anything it gives me more feel. I went after a few really hard and the shaft stayed right with me.

Looks - I like the stripes myself. The stripes help me see the target line more to the left vs my normal tendency to swing too far right. Stripes are helping me. Shape is better than the G25, looks smaller and is closer to the classic pear shape of the 913.

Performance - I do not have any numbers, but it was clearly not spinning too much. The ball was spinning enough to fade the amount I wanted, but not over fading and not ballooning. The launch looked to be perfect, slightly higher but not a lot higher, almost the same just barely higher than my G25 and 913. I am guessing I am closer to mid 11's launch now. If I had to guess the spin is no more than 2300. I couldn't tell where each were landing on the range but I could tell the i25 was more consistent. For the record, I ordered the i25 at 45" vs the G25 is 44.5". With the head being new, I could see where the ball was contacting the face too. My tendency is to hit a toe shot occasionally and with this head I was much closer to the center on every swing. I did hit two toe shots and they were very straight compared to my toe hook I can get with the G25.

So far I am much more pleased than I thought I would be. My angst about going up in loft and going with the stock shaft appears to be for not as the club was clearly out performing the G25 with the Fuel. It was no comparison in consistency, dispersion, and flight.

I will take it to the course tomorrow and see where it lands vs my "normal" shots. I haven't been this excited about a driver in a long time. It was way better on the range, way better.
[/quote]
I just ordered a digitally lofted 10.5 I 25 last week. In fact, there was a small up charge for the digital loft verification. Is your pro simply mistaken?
[/quote]

They still digitally loft. I just ordered exactly 10.25.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='RochesterGuy' timestamp='1396355632' post='8993219']
Does anyone know how high I can get a digital lofted head on the I25 driver…. ?????

I currently play a 12 degree G25… I lose a little distance because of spin but it is a fairway finder...

If I could get a 11.5 - I25 head it may be just what the doctor ordered… I would close it .5 degrees and play it at 12 with a tour green shaft….

Fairway finder with more yards!!!
[/quote]

THIS

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1394630293' post='8854507']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i bought the s55 irons hardstepped with cfs shaft and the cushin inserts. AMAZING!!

- Driver: Callaway Ai Smoke

- 3 Wood: Callaway Ai SMoke

- 17deg Hybrid: Ping G425 w/ OBAN Kiyoshi White

- 21deg Hybrid: Tour Edge C723 w/ OBAN Kiyoshi Purple

- Irons: Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-AW w/ Accra iSteel Shafts

- Wedges: Vokey SM9 54 & 58deg w/ Accra iSteel Wedge Shafts

- Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 (2022)

- Ball: Taylormade TP5