Duffner's Waggle 2020 "Golf Digest" WITB Update

Well guys, I don't know how or when it happened - probably when Russ757 sold me the 913Fd - but I've been bit HARD by the Titleist bug. The look, the feel, the sound when you pure one.....it just sucks you in, and I'm a full blown addict.

Bag is pretty much set after an absolute crap-ton of ho'ing this winter. 2 Spots potentially in flux are the Big Dog, even though I love it, because I suddenly have this anal need to have sticks all match brand. The other change that may be comin is the 54* wedge. This is the highest lofted club in my bag, and while the Ping Tour-S is yet to see the course (picked it up bc it was a freaking steal at a local shop), I am either going Vokey to finish off the Titleist bag, or I'm entertaining the idea of a SCOR 54*. Always have been intrigued by them.

Enough with the lengthy, wordy stuff, here's my WITB, and the pics to follow.

Newest addition: The bag itself! A Titleist mid-size Staff bag. Got it for a song on craigslist and she sure is purdy!!

Adams Fast 12LS 9.5* w Matrix Black Tie 6m3.1 X Flex. Black/Royal Rocket Tour Headcover. It's eating my soul alive that this now doesn't match my new Titleist mid-size staff bag.

Titleist 913Fd 13.5* w Graphite Design Tour AD GT-8X. This sucker is looooooooooooooooooong. Best club in my bag at the moment.

Titleist 910F 15* cranked to 16.5 w Aldila RIP Alpha 80 S. Long, high bombs from the deck. If I' having a good day, I'll see this feller a couple times on Par 5s.

Titleist 910h 21* w Matrix Ozik Altus X Flex. Point. Shoot. Gets up easy, flies straight, money from the deck, the tee, the rough...hoping to learn a little hybrid chip around the greens this year.

Titleist 712 AP2 4-PW w KBS C Taper Tour Stiff 120. Brand spankin new with some Christmas money. This may have actually been the moment when the Titleist bug sunk its teeth into me fully, but either way, they look good, they feel good. They are beauties.

Titleist Vokey 52-08 Gap Wedge w TT DG S300 stock shaft. This club is my nemesis. One round its money, the next it doesn't want to cooperate. The plan is to swap it out for a matching AP2 GW with C Taper Stiff. I feel better over a non-blade wedge.

Ping Tour-S 54* Sand Wedge with S300. This thing actually looks and feels pretty good, and I might give it a chance, but odds are its a place holder until I find a more permanent solution.

Titleist Scotty Cameron GoLo S Circle H 35" with Black Pistolero grip. This thing is smooth. I spend little time practicing my putting, but I'm hoping to make 2014 the year of the short game.

OH yea, almost forgot: ACCESSORIES!!

Bushnell Tour V2 Patriot Edition, Frogger BrushPro, Titleist Scotty Cameron Divot Tool, a Lucky Quarter, and I collect poker-chip style ball markers from courses I play. Below you see Cahoon Plantation, Stumpy Lake, Echelon, River Pines, Cypress Creek, and an old Beat Up Odyssey one I found, and I made everything I looked at that day, so into the rotation she went!

There ya have it! Would love some feedback, unless you're just here to troll....I am really excited about my current set-up and can't wait for this crappy weather to leave town.

IMG_1479_zpsc0d4a6d0.jpg

IMG_1477_zpsdecaae57.jpg

IMG_1476_zps2069bc95.jpg

IMG_1475_zps1c4ee28e.jpg

IMG_1474_zpsff16e22f.jpg

IMG_1469_zps43bb5e73.jpg

IMG_1468_zps9f03a55d.jpg

IMG_1467_zps696781dd.jpg

IMG_1466_zps709849c3.jpg

IMG_1463_zpsf6c79726.jpg

IMG_1485_zps031fd99f.jpg

Thanks for lookin! Hit 'em straight.

-Duff!

Edited by Duffner's Waggle
Updating Title

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

Its awesome. Only thing that tempts me is the notchback edition but this thing is buttery and the center shaft helps me get the ball rolling on line.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

Yes feel is smooth and assignment is why i went to the center shaft. Can't go wrong with this if you struggle getting the ball to start on line.

Sick set up. Looks great!

In regards to everything matching, I wouldn't worry about it. I see your handi is about the same as mine.

I'm into taking the clubs through a trackman and making sure gaps are good, launch and spin are good etc.

Don't worry as much about look as blowing the doors off your playing buddies. And taking their money.

Just my .02.

Edit for full disclosure: my irons and wedges all match lol

G25 8.5*
RBZ Tour 14.5*
PING G30 4H 22*
PING G30 5-PW CFS Stiff
TM ATV 50*, 58*
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport

[quote name='skilikeme' timestamp='1389480507' post='8443039']
Sick set up. Looks great!

In regards to everything matching, I wouldn't worry about it. I see your handi is about the same as mine.

I'm into taking the clubs through a trackman and making sure gaps are good, launch and spin are good etc.

Don't worry as much about look as blowing the doors off your playing buddies. And taking their money.

Just my .02.

Edit for full disclosure: my irons and wedges all match lol
[/quote]

Haha thanks man! I hate that my grips dont match either, but thats one of those things, Id rather spend my money on green fees and clubs and golf clothes.

I wish I could get on a trackman but the nearest one is like 2 hrs away.

I picked up a matte black 910d2 last week for an amazing price. Gonna give it a shot to kick the fast12 outta the bag, but if it doesnt I dont plan on searching for another titleist option. We'll see. Thanks again!

[quote name='zripp3' timestamp='1389481325' post='8443091']
Echelon and River Pines - 2 great ones. Headed to one of them tomorrow afternoon.

This doesn't help but the notchback is sweet.
[/quote]

Man the day I played Echelon, the wind was really whipping... Its one of the toughest courses Ive played. It was playin soooooo long that day! Beautiful course though.

And tell me more abt the notchback. Theres one on Craigslist here im eyeing

Awesome, just awesome. Great photos too.

As an aside, I am glad to see I am not the only one who chooses different color GP NDMC grips based on club. (I put the black and orange on my JPX EZs to match, and black and blue on my wedges cause they look cool with silver).

M6 10.5
M4 3W
Titleist 816h 21
CF19 5-AW
SM6 54 & Cally PM 60
Byron Morgan 612
V1X/ERC Soft

[quote name='hankmoody' timestamp='1389482922' post='8443291']
Awesome, just awesome. Great photos too.

As an aside, I am glad to see I am not the only one who chooses different color GP NDMC grips based on club. (I put the black and orange on my JPX EZs to match, and black and blue on my wedges cause they look cool with silver).
[/quote]

Thanks man! Yea I think eventually Im gonna end up with blue/whuteout ndmc on all my woods, hybrid needs a new one so maybe black/whiteout, keep the white/black on the irons and then may throw a red/whiteout on my wedge.

Just keeps it interesting haha. Thanks for the kind words.

[quote name='irsihmen453' timestamp='1389485175' post='8443471']
Where do you play most in the area? I see the Stumpy Lake, Cahoon, and Cypress ball markers...no VB National?
[/quote]

Hey man, I actually just started playin VB Nat'l quite a bit lately. Hooked up with another WRXer on here and he and his buddies play out at VB. I just haven't gotten a poker chip from there yet. But those are kinda my place, Stumpy, Cahoon, VB, Cypress Creek and my Bro-In-Law is a member out at Cedar Point so we play out there a good bit. Haven't played a lot lately at all with this terrible weather.

What about you? See your set-up is similar to mine. We oughtta play sometime.

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1389486268' post='8443561']
Where do you play most in the area? I see the Stumpy Lake, Cahoon, and Cypress ball markers...no VB National?
[/quote]

Hey man, I actually just started playin VB Nat'l quite a bit lately. Hooked up with another WRXer on here and he and his buddies play out at VB. I just haven't gotten a poker chip from there yet. But those are kinda my place, Stumpy, Cahoon, VB, Cypress Creek and my Bro-In-Law is a member out at Cedar Point so we play out there a good bit. Haven't played a lot lately at all with this terrible weather.

[/quote]

Yeah that sounds good to me...Im a big fan of Cahoon, Honey Bee, Stumpy, Red Wing, and Sewells Point since I work over that way. I want to get up to Cape Charles and play those two courses soon too. Weather should be clearing up soon hopefully. How do you like the Black Tie? Thinking about going that direction.

G 9 HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TS2 S+ 80x
915f P95x
919 Tour 4-P KBS Tour 130
VR Forged 52/56/60 S400
O Works 3T

[quote name='irsihmen453' timestamp='1389487716' post='8443685']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah that sounds good to me...Im a big fan of Cahoon, Honey Bee, Stumpy, Red Wing, and Sewells Point since I work over that way. I want to get up to Cape Charles and play those two courses soon too. Weather should be clearing up soon hopefully. How do you like the Black Tie? Thinking about going that direction.
[/quote]

Cape charles? What's up there? Bay creek? Ive played those a handful of times. Beautiful but challenging!

Black tie is so steady. Very accurate

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1389487869' post='8443697']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cape charles? What's up there? Bay creek? Ive played those a handful of times. Beautiful but challenging!

[/quote]

Ok, I'll definitely have to make it up that way soon. How do you like Cypress Creek? Is it a lot like the other courses in the area....in and out of neighborhoods?

G 9 HC HZRDUS Yellow 6.5
TS2 S+ 80x
915f P95x
919 Tour 4-P KBS Tour 130
VR Forged 52/56/60 S400
O Works 3T

DW,

Really nice set-up. I predict a new driver in the next two months. The fact that you are thinking about it now does not bode well for the Fast in your bag. As a collector of golf balls I have to also mention your unique markers. I've been meaning to pick up a few WRX poker chips for a while.

I went to the range tonight because the weather hit a whopping 2* above freezing. First time in 17 years of golfing that I looked down at the clubs in my hand/bag and felt entirely content. I too am in love with my current set-up. I have a dream of being custom fit for a set of Wishon irons. Already carrying two fairway woods.

Hope all is well in the land of the Waggle.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Nice bag! Be content and build some familiarity with them. For 2014, I am not even going to put another club or different ball in my truck much less my bag. Whats in the bag is whats getting played. Good luck with yours.

Titleist TSR3 9* Tensei AV Raw White 75 2.0 TX

Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei AV Raw White 85 2.0 TX

Titleist TSI3 19* GD Tour AD IZ 85X

Titleist T200 2i HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Titleist 620 CB 4-6 PX 6.5

Titleist 620 MB 7-9 PX 6.5

Titleist SM9 48F, 54S, 60T PX 6.5

Newport 2

[quote name='maninbrownrubber' timestamp='1389491608' post='8444039']
Nice bag! Be content and build some familiarity with them. For 2014, I am not even going to put another club or different ball in my truck much less my bag. Whats in the bag is whats getting played. Good luck with yours.
[/quote]

That really is my plan. I think I will end up swapping the wedge at least and probably the driver for titleist clubs, but then I wanna tweak my practice routine/gear not my sticks.

For instance, I don't own a pair of alignment rods, and I really need some. Then something like the new ZEPP Golf which gives me so,e feedback re: swingpath, face angle, etc. would be cool. Maybe a lesson or two

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1389490906' post='8443969']
DW,

Really nice set-up. I predict a new driver in the next two months. The fact that you are thinking about it now does not bode well for the Fast in your bag. As a collector of golf balls I have to also mention your unique markers. I've been meaning to pick up a few WRX poker chips for a while.

I went to the range tonight because the weather hit a whopping 2* above freezing. First time in 17 years of golfing that I looked down at the clubs in my hand/bag and felt entirely content. I too am in love with my current set-up. I have a dream of being custom fit for a set of Wishon irons. Already carrying two fairway woods.

Hope all is well in the land of the Waggle.
[/quote]

Al's well here other than the driving rain, but when you start talking single digit and negative temps I bow out gracefully. I will be giving a 910D a shot to beat out the Adams. I admit it. But I'm goin on sheer performance and I've really never hit a driver like this fast12ls so we shall see. If I make the swap it'll be because it helps my game not my ego and that's a first!

[quote name='irsihmen453' timestamp='1389489238' post='8443805']
[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1389487869' post='8443697']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok, I'll definitely have to make it up that way soon. How do you like Cypress Creek? Is it a lot like the other courses in the area....in and out of neighborhoods?
[/quote]

It's weird because it does wind through a neighborhood, but it really doesn't feel that way, and a few times it kinda takes you out into the woods away from houses. I really enjoy playing there,

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1389494459' post='8444295']
[quote name='maninbrownrubber' timestamp='1389491608' post='8444039']
[/quote]

That really is my plan. I think I will end up swapping the wedge at least and probably the driver for titleist clubs, but then I wanna tweak my practice routine/gear not my sticks.

For instance, I don't own a pair of alignment rods, and I really need some. Then something like the new ZEPP Golf which gives me so,e feedback re: swingpath, face angle, etc. would be cool. Maybe a lesson or two
[size=4][/quote][/size]

[size=4]​[/size]Acquire[size=4] the clubs before the season starts and it's all good. You can even use the start of the Boston season since you have that Sox hat on in your avatar. That gives you till March and than you start buying matching umbrellas, shoes, belts and all that crazy sh*t.[/size]

Newport 2

Play em with conviction!

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

There's just something that pulls me towards the Vokey so I run the titleist theme from boomstick to flatstick. I KNOW it doesn't matter, but it's pullin on me. I actually really like the Ping tour s too so I am torn!

If it makes you feel any better, I would probably trade my beloved X forged for a set of 712MB's. Than I would be a couple of wedges from a full Titleist bag as well.

Newport 2

[quote name='maninbrownrubber' timestamp='1389495656' post='8444451']
If it makes you feel any better, I would probably trade my beloved X forged for a set of 712MB's. Than I would be a couple of wedges from a full Titleist bag as well.
[/quote]

I think it's the former college baseball player in me....we always had the "if ya look good, you play good" mantra....and there ain't much better lookin than Titleist!

DW,
Set up looks good, a good wedge is like a reliable fairway, if you hit it well, don't even think about changing it until ....well, that analogy may not work with you considering your legendary fairway quest :)
Seriously, glad to hear that thought process changing and you are at least considering performance before appearance regarding driver swap. Hope weather breaks for you soon and you get to enjoy the clubs.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu