Game Golf tracking system (merged)

I read most of the thread, but not all so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. Has anyone had this happen to them when transferring an 18 hole round? Rather than 1 18 hole round, it's broken up into smaller rounds of 1-6 holes each. The name of the course alternates between "Golf Club" and "Golf Course." I emailed GG about it.

edit: Support fixed me up. The course was mapped in the system twice, so it kept switching back between both versions of the same course. He deleted one and all is good now!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had that problem but I had the same experience as you with GG support. Real live humans eager to help you. What a refreshing change from most of tech support I deal with.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1429573005' post='11402023']
I haven't had that problem but I had the same experience as you with GG support. Real live humans eager to help you. What a refreshing change from most of tech support I deal with.
[/quote]

Agreed. I had to contact them one other time when my first round failed to transfer. It turned out the servers were down for maintenance. Each time I got a pretty fast response/explanation and the issue was resolved within 24 hours. I also appreciate that the rounds were salvaged as well.

[quote name='muspimp' timestamp='1429210911' post='11375005']
I am sorry if this has been posted about prior, but this thread is massive. I live in Oklahoma where its just plain windy and no two days are alike, ie. the first hole at my home course faces straight north, and a good driver will put me between 180 yards to the green with wind from the North and 60 yards w/ South wind. Would there be any way to tag certain rounds "North Wind" or "South Wind" so i could easily lump those subsets of data together. I am looking hard at purchasing one pretty soon, but thought that might skew info unless i made some sort of log which i could do, but doubt that would be done 100% of the time.
[/quote]

It logs the weather for each round, but I haven't found a way to use that data. They really need to give you a way to export all of the data for better analysis, I find the current data to be interesting but a bit lacking once the novelty wore off.

On the topic of whether or not they are releasing something new, has anyone noticed that they are now calling the until the Game Golf Classic!

Despite only having had mine just over a year, I am still excited by what might be coming next. Great piece of kit. Logged 77 rounds and love the stats. Can't wait for the option to view all your shots on the same hole and have them categorised by score.

[quote name='klz1632' timestamp='1429887190' post='11432831']
On the topic of whether or not they are releasing something new, has anyone noticed that they are now calling the until the Game Golf Classic!

Despite only having had mine just over a year, I am still excited by what might be coming next. Great piece of kit. Logged 77 rounds and love the stats. Can't wait for the option to view all your shots on the same hole and have them categorised by score.
[/quote]Hm.... I might just wait a little bit to purchase a replacement set of tags then.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[/quote]

Where did you see that with the GameGolf Classic? I haven't found it on their website yet.

But one other thing I have found is that you can make your 'Insights' available to others (e.g. your coach now).
Just go to Settings -> Advanced.

I've suggested that feature a month or two ago so that my coach could see what I am up to, good to see that they are listening.

My biggest problem I have is to remember to tag the damn thing. :lol:

I've played 4 rounds with it and it's the putting that really kills me, like when you walk up to tap in, you just... tap in without tagging the shot.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

[/quote]

I think I know why they have changed the name. To distinguish it from the 'application only' GameGolf which they have introduce with the last update. So far I have only seen the term on the 'Download page of the GameGolf uploader'.

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1430137414' post='11449715']
My biggest problem I have is to remember to tag the damn thing. :lol:

I've played 4 rounds with it and it's the putting that really kills me, like when you walk up to tap in, you just... tap in without tagging the shot.

--kC
[/quote]

I was struggling the first few rounds as well. Now after about 10 rounds I hardly miss a tag.
The tagging of the putts isn't really that important. Only try to move the tag of your last putt close to where the pin was. GameGolf places the pin location close to your second putt. So you want to get that right for your approach stats.

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1430129117' post='11449395']

[/quote]

Where did you see that with the GameGolf Classic? I haven't found it on their website yet.

But one other thing I have found is that you can make your 'Insights' available to others (e.g. your coach now).

I've suggested that feature a month or two ago so that my coach could see what I am up to, good to see that they are listening.
[/quote]

If you go to this link and hover over product, you see it

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/home/en-us/"]http://www.gamegolf.com/home/en-us/[/url]

[quote name='CactusGolf' timestamp='1428779617' post='11334977']
Bit of an unfortunate incident today.

Since switching grips to Golf Pride Wrap 2G Midsize, I lost both the 4i and GW tag!!!!! They must have unscrewed themselves in the bottom of my golf bag and fallen out of my bag.

EDIT: After coming home and cleaning the clubs, the tags can be pulled out of the grips very easily... :angry22:

I guess the Tour Wrap 2G have round butts instead of flat like the Niions I was using earlier.

I really don't want to use glue on the tags to keep them in.

Does anyone know if I can purchase the tags separately?
[/quote]

Send a note to the company support email. I had a small issue with a unit, and the support was tremendous and very quick.

[quote name='klz1632' timestamp='1430140453' post='11449995']
[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1430129117' post='11449395']

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you go to this link and hover over product, you see it

[url="http://www.gamegolf.com/home/en-us/"]http://www.gamegolf.com/home/en-us/[/url]
[/quote]

After seeing this I guess they are preparing a new Hardware unit. Probably with Bluetooth so that you can upload it straight via your phone. Or maybe they are going the Arccos route with sensors in the club?

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1430232827' post='11458041']
After seeing this I guess they are preparing a new Hardware unit. Probably with Bluetooth so that you can upload it straight via your phone. Or maybe they are going the Arccos route with sensors in the club?
[/quote]

And after seeing this, I'm waiting for v2.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

I e-mailed them this morning asking if a new unit was on its way.

I love using Game Golf, but I'm hesitant to spend money on additional tags if they're looking to release another version soon.

With that being said, the unit has really changed how I review my rounds and how I play. It starts my pre-shot routine too.

I also noticed that by changing my driver from 10.5* to 9.5*, my driving distance average has increased from 255 to 278.

Also, the accuracy of my shots has improved the past few rounds.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[quote name='CactusGolf' timestamp='1430317479' post='11465139']
I e-mailed them this morning asking if a new unit was on its way.

I love using Game Golf, but I'm hesitant to spend money on additional tags if they're looking to release another version soon.

With that being said, the unit has really changed how I review my rounds and how I play. It starts my pre-shot routine too.

I also noticed that by changing my driver from 10.5* to 9.5*, my driving distance average has increased from 255 to 278.

Also, the accuracy of my shots has improved the past few rounds.
[/quote]Per Game Golf, doesn't seem to be any plans for additional hardware at the moment.

[color=#333333]"We changed the name to Classic after launching the newly released “Play Golf” mobile app for iPhone and Android which lets you track your round by manually entering what club you hit on the course. The name change was meant to provide less confusion between what the GAME GOLF hardware is compared to the mobile app. No plans for additional hardware at the moment, our goal now is to release features to help you play better golf."[/color]

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

The app is great, but for me, it is much more troublesome/bothersome (especially when on the green when putting) to take my phone out of my pocket and hit the button instead of just reaching down with my club and bumping my unit. On the tee and fairway though, the app isn't really any more trouble than buzzing, but when I was either in the sand, green, or random spots I would either forget to pull my phone out to hit the button or seem to be in the way when tapping in.

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1430337874' post='11467661']
The app is great, but for me, it is much more troublesome/bothersome (especially when on the green when putting) to take my phone out of my pocket and hit the button instead of just reaching down with my club and bumping my unit. On the tee and fairway though, the app isn't really any more trouble than buzzing, but when I was either in the sand, green, or random spots I would either forget to pull my phone out to hit the button or seem to be in the way when tapping in.
[/quote]Exactly why I like having the hip unit versus the phone.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

While I agree that it is very cumbersome tagging my putting with an iPhone 6+ vs a quick tag to the belt unit with your club, I am huge fan of the FREE app.

Like tagging with the physical unit, I've just added tagging on the phone to my pre-shot routine.

When you "Lock" the app, it shows the range of your next shot. It displays 200, 250, 300 off the tee or front, middle, back distances on the greens.
Hit the "+" and choose your club off you go. You forget to tag, you can "unlock" the app and it goes to the hole where you can make edits on the fly.

I've used it for 2 rounds and I do like that it has saved me a good chunk of money by bypassing the physical unit.

Finally got a new lap to get going with Game Golf. My PC crashed and wasn't able to get Game setup. Now I am ready to go. Any suggestions how to start? Do you use the belt unit and the app or just one or the other?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='slade037' timestamp='1430347208' post='11468693']
While I agree that it is very cumbersome tagging my putting with an iPhone 6+ vs a quick tag to the belt unit with your club, I am huge fan of the FREE app.

Like tagging with the physical unit, I've just added tagging on the phone to my pre-shot routine.

When you "Lock" the app, it shows the range of your next shot. It displays 200, 250, 300 off the tee or front, middle, back distances on the greens.
Hit the "+" and choose your club off you go. You forget to tag, you can "unlock" the app and it goes to the hole where you can make edits on the fly.

I've used it for 2 rounds and I do like that it has saved me a good chunk of money by bypassing the physical unit.
[/quote]

What is the advantage of using both the hardware (GameGolf Classic) and the app at the same time? Okay you get stats during the round with the app but how does it work when you upload the round? Do the two rounds get merged or do you end up with two different rounds?

So far I haven't seen a compelling reason to use the app when you have the GameGolf Classic.

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1430354784' post='11469435']
Finally got a new lap to get going with Game Golf. My PC crashed and wasn't able to get Game setup. Now I am ready to go. Any suggestions how to start? Do you use the belt unit and the app or just one or the other?
[/quote]I just use the unit. Its nice not to have to look at my phone during the round.

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

Ok, what does the app do compared to the game golf unit? Is there phone only options that allow one to just click a button on their pone and not carry the belt unit?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1430434957' post='11476217']
Ok, what does the app do compared to the game golf unit? Is there phone only options that allow one to just click a button on their pone and not carry the belt unit?
[/quote]

The App and the Belt Unit do not work together. You would use one or the other.

The App does it what the Belt Unit does and adds a range finder.