Worst Big Breakers Ever

Comments

• Bushwood Country ClubBushwood Country Club Bushwood Country Club Members Posts: 837 ✭✭
    sheppy335 wrote:

What about the Chick that one the first Ladies only BB, Danilelle Amiee, she was terrible.

Danielle won.... like her or not, she could probably beat most of the people on WRX....
    • TaylorMade M3, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Blue 6S
    • Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, HZRDUS red, 6.0
    • Callaway Rogue 5 Wood, HZRDUS red, 6.0
    • Callaway Rogue Hybrid 4/21, Graphite Design AD-DI 85
    • Titleist AP3 5,6 , Project X LZ 6.0
    • Titleist AP2 7-9, Project X LZ 6.0
    • Vokey SM7 46/8F, 50/12F, 54/10S, 60/12D Project X LZ 6.0
    • Scotty Cameron Delmar
  • WilCoxWilCox Members Posts: 1,543 ✭✭

sheppy335 wrote:

What about the Chick that one the first Ladies only BB, Danilelle Amiee, she was terrible.

Danielle won.... like her or not, she could probably beat most of the people on WRX....

Doing a little trolling are we?
    Titleist TS2 9.5*
    Titleist 917F2 16.5*
    Titleist 816H1 21*
    Mizuno JPX900 5-P
    Vokey 56 & 60
    SC Laguna 2.5
  • Bushwood Country ClubBushwood Country Club Bushwood Country Club Members Posts: 837 ✭✭
    WilCox wrote:

sheppy335 wrote:

Doing a little trolling are we?

Not in the least - just being factual. She's probably a 4-5 index, so I suspect she could beat most of us.
    • Scotty Cameron Delmar
  • JacobyJacoby Members Posts: 507
    Not wanting to thread jack, but wasn't there another big break contestant who went barefoot?
    Jacoby wrote:

Not wanting to thread jack, but wasn't there another big break contestant who went barefoot?
    yes - he was on either the first or second season, and played with a golf ball that looked like a putt putt ball due to the huge amount of sharpie on it
    • Scotty Cameron Delmar
  • Wknd_WarriorWknd_Warrior Members Posts: 1,668
    sheppy335 wrote:

lol. I liked her. The other girls tried to circle in and peck her eyes out but she beat them all anyway image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

IMO there was a pathetic lack of gamesmanship on that series, I was very unimpressed with the lot of them.
  • bullie76bullie76 Members Posts: 2,177 ✭✭
    Never heard of any them.
    My senior bag.......
    Taylormade M2(2016) 9.5* driver reg
    Taylormade RBZ 13* 3 wood reg
    Adams TL2 - FW 16* 4 wood & 3,4 hybrids reg
    Ping G 6-pw(power lofts), i200 U wedge(49*).....CFS graphite reg
    Ping Glide 54/58 ss reg
    Ping Craz-E putter
  • clewallenclewallen Members Posts: 804
    I remember faces a lot better then names, however the club slammer in the more recent BB. Believe it was Brian... So negative and in his head in surprised he could make it through a round of golf with out having a blood vessel pop
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629 Members Posts: 978 ✭✭
    I think that Oren was the absolute worst guy ever....I'm speaking strictly about his game. Brian had a bad attitude but at least he had some sort of a game. Oren was pulled back into the BB NFL.....what he do there? NOTHING. But what an ugly swing to boot!

But in the end.....all these guys and girls we're criticizing here made the show....did any of us?
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,339 ClubWRX

sheppy335 wrote:

lol. I liked her. The other girls tried to circle in and peck her eyes out but she beat them all anyway image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

IMO there was a pathetic lack of gamesmanship on that series, I was very unimpressed with the lot of them.

That one had a rather contentious final with Pam Crikelair getting into it with DA over conceded putts and I think a rules situation.

In the second of Danielle's exemptions she pulled out over an alleged photo of her sans apparel.
  • Wknd_WarriorWknd_Warrior Members Posts: 1,668
    I should have said sportsmanship. I understand Danielle had issues, but from what I saw she came to play and played a respectable game. The other players all acted like high school drama queens basically because they couldn't stand that a tactless blond bimbo kicked all their asses. They hemmed and hawed, scapegoated her as much as they could throughout the show and for the most part, IIRC, tried to belittle her victory, it was pathetic. I was glad when she won.

I should have said sportsmanship. I understand Danielle had issues, but from what I saw she came to play and played a respectable game. The other players all acted like high school drama queens basically because they couldn't stand that a tactless blond bimbo kicked all their asses. They hemmed and hawed, scapegoated her as much as they could throughout the show and for the most part, IIRC, tried to belittle her victory, it was pathetic. I was glad when she won.

WORD....
    • Scotty Cameron Delmar
  • mcputtermcputter Members Posts: 936 ✭✭
    At the time I thought Tommy "Two Gloves" Gainey was one of the worst on BB, with that quirky swing & grip. If I recall correctly on the first BB he was on he shanked it or sculled it OB at the 18th hole at St. Andrews. I think he won the next BB he was on and of course has gone on to do pretty well on the PGA Tour.

I haven't really watched the show the last couple of years.
    Adams 9015D 10.5 Matrix Ozik
    TM M2 Deep Face 3HL Fuji Atmos 6
    Callaway Apex 20 Steelfiber hls780
    Adams Pro Mini 23 Steelfiber i95
    Adams A12 Pro Black 5-9PW Steelfiber i95
    Adams CB2 GW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey SM6 Black 54 S-Grind Steelfiber i110 CW
    Vokey Oil Can 58 V-Grind Kuro Kage TiNi 105
    Scotty Cameron Pro Plat Newport Mil Spec

It's not how fast you play, it's how well you play fast!
  • OrangeCrushOrangeCrush Members Posts: 2,578 ✭✭
    Bri Vega used to work at the golf store next to my work OOOOOOOO my was she hotter in person!!!!!!!!
    Callaway GBB 9* Diamana Kai'LI 70S
    Callaway RFE 9.5* Diamana Kai'LI 70S
    Callaway RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
    Callaway RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
    Callaway Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
    Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
    https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphoto/

[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]
  • Big LBig L Members Posts: 753 ✭✭
    I remember Justin from Indian Wells. Guy acted like an a-hole on and off the course and was eliminated after the 3rd episode. Then, when he had a chance to play back on the show, he starts talking his game up only to be the first eliminated.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Ping G15 15.5* or Nike Ignite T60 13*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 2014 CB 4-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54* & Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Scotty Cameron RedX3
  • JohnSimonJohnSimon Members Posts: 181
    Giving this a bump. I've watched a few of the older episodes online over the summer. Meghan Hardin wins hands down. There's a episode of the NFL season where she lays up to 90 yards from like 220 and in the interview she sounds SO PROUD that she hit a good shot.

Other player that stands out is Orin, man thats an ugly swing, big Furyk-like swing with a huge head dip.

I know some of these players are fairly accomplished, and maybe it's difficult to adjust to being filmed and whatnot, but sometime it looks like you could make a better show by just walking into a golf store and grabbing some random customers.
    BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5 Fubuki Alpha 50X
    X2 Hot 2 Deep Fubuki K 70 X
    Callaway Steelhead XR Tensei Blue 75 X
    Adams Super LS 17 & 19 Kuro Kage 80 X
    Callaway X Forged Utility 21 KBS Tour V X
    Callaway Apex MB 18 4-PW KBS Tour V X
    Callaway MD2 52 58 KBS Tour X
    Odyssey Versa Tank 7
    Srixon Z Star
    Garmin G5 Bushnell X7
  • MrSurlyMrSurly Members Posts: 101
    JohnSimon wrote:

Giving this a bump. I've watched a few of the older episodes online over the summer. Meghan Hardin wins hands down. There's a episode of the NFL season where she lays up to 90 yards from like 220 and in the interview she sounds SO PROUD that she hit a good shot.

Other player that stands out is Orin, man thats an ugly swing, big Furyk-like swing with a huge head dip.

I know some of these players are fairly accomplished, and maybe it's difficult to adjust to being filmed and whatnot, but sometime it looks like you could make a better show by just walking into a golf store and grabbing some random customers.

The one person I remember more than anyone was Brian. He has cockiness that would make Sabbatini say "whoa buddy. Calm down." The highlighted part kills me. Laying up from 220 to 90 yards? I need to try and find that clip.
  • glcoachglcoach Members Posts: 1,717 ✭✭
    Definitely not the worst but the most memorable character ever on that show was Mr. "pull that tape tight" Don Donatello. Dude was an animal. Rooted for Kip Henley the entire series but Don cracked me up.
  • HellstormHellstorm Members Posts: 519 ✭✭
    In all seriousness, I was at Quicksilver near Pittsburgh for a round last summer and that Brian guy was in the group in front of us. He hit his tee shot on 10 OB over the fence on the right and my buddy after a few cold ones went and asked for his autograph...the best part was he actually gave it to him. He signed my buddy's Pinnacle Gold. It was the best thing that happened all summer at the golf course.
    TM M3 9.5 Tensie CK Pro White TS
    Callaway X-Hot 15 degree
    PXG 19 degree hybrid
    PXG 0311P 4-GW
    BV 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • GolfinHackGolfinHack Members Posts: 384 ✭✭
    I've only watched one full season of BB and I have no idea which one it was. But it was the one where Taylor Collins won. I only watched because I went to college with her, my best friend dated her for a couple years at the time. Really sweet girl and definitely easy on the eyes. I think she played on the Symetra tour for a year or two after but gave up the game recently or is taking a hiatus. But as far as I can remember, she was a pretty accomplished in college (maybe individual D2 champ?)

Either way, I think the whole BB thing has an issue of getting "next level" type golfers to compete because of the perceptions associated with the show. Mainly that since the first season or two, the talent level has seemingly dropped off and the perceived benefit isn't there. That and the gimicks look soooo stupid.
  • Uncle ChunkUncle Chunk Members Posts: 427
    SurfDuffer wrote:

By far the worst was Brian Skatell.
    Agreed and I live 10 minutes from Greensburg, where he's from!
  • Uncle ChunkUncle Chunk Members Posts: 427
    I remember Anthony from Myrtle Beach not being too popular also. He made some jackass comment after he got eliminated like Skatell did, So actually they're interchangeable and 1-2 for me
  • molecularmanmolecularman Joplin, MOMembers Posts: 55 ✭✭
    glcoach wrote:

Definitely not the worst but the most memorable character ever on that show was Mr. "pull that tape tight" Don Donatello. Dude was an animal. Rooted for Kip Henley the entire series but Don cracked me up.

I worked at a CC with his Father. His dad was very much the old grumpy guy. Don Jr. would come out every so often and play a round. He seemed like a decent guy.
  • OpusX20OpusX20 The balance. The poise. The finish. It's like a dance. Members Posts: 1,855 ✭✭
    I really miss that Big Break season with Brian. After just a couple of episodes, I changed my avatar, and haven't looked back. I loved that guy.
    Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
    3 Wood: Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
    Hybrid: TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
    Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
    Wedges: Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
  • Brass_BullseyeBrass_Bullseye BrassBullseye Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    I read somewhere right after BB PEI's finale that Skatell was playing the villain role at GC's request, and was actually very well-liked by his fellow cast members. I'll have to find the link.
    Titleist 915 D2 Driver,
    Titleist 915F 3W
    Titleist 915H 2H
    Titleist 716 CB irons 3-PW
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges, 52.08F, 56.08M
    Odyssey O-Works Red #7
  • Bad9Bad9 Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    JohnSimon wrote:

Dude, Meghan Hardin is a star. Someone on Wrx told me that so it must be true.
    Ping G400 10.5°/Xcaliber SL r flex
    Callaway Heavenwood Xcaliber SL r flex
    Maltby KE4 Tour 25°/Xcaliber HY r flex

Maltby KE4 Tour 28°/Xcaliber HY r flex
    Ping I200 5-G/CFS70 r flex
    Maltby Tricept 54°/Xcaliber r flex
    Maltby Tricept 58°/Xcaliber r flex
    Mizuno Bettinardi C06
  • Your-away!Your-away! Members Posts: 922 ✭✭
    I have never seen this show as im in the uk, just googled some of the womens names (as you do) and i must say, this show sounds amazing!

get on it sky sports!!
    DRIVER:Taylormade M2 (2016) 9.5* - Diamana 60S
    3 WOOD:Taylormade M2 Tour (2017) 17* HL - Diamana 70 S
    HYBRID:Adams Proto DHY 21* - Steelfiber i95 s
    IRONS 4-PW:Taylormade P770 -KBS Tour S 2.0* flat
    GAP WEDGE:Taylormade R Series Satin 51*(52) - KBS Tour S - 2.5* flat
    WEDGES:Titleist SM6 RAW - 56/60 - S300 - 2.5* Flat
    PUTTER:TaylormadeSpider Tour Red - 34"
    BALL:[font=comic sans ms, cursive]Whichever gets bought for me, or found.[/font]
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    Bad9 wrote:

JohnSimon wrote:

Dude, Meghan Hardin is a star. Someone on Wrx told me that so it must be true.

Her Instagram account is nice along with those pearl finish KBS shafts she played image/air_kiss.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':air_kiss:' /> image/idhitit.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • InterpolInterpol POWWWWWW Members Posts: 1,023
    On the other side, who do you think is the most successful Big Breaker ever? Tony Finau?
    Cobra King F9, Atmos TS 7X
    Ping G 3W
    Ping G30 3H
    TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 52, 56
    Nike X3X 60
    Ping Karsten TR Anser 5
  • McgeenoMcgeeno Members Posts: 1,962 ✭✭
    Gainey has won twice hasnt he?

Gainey and Finau on the short list.

Rick Cochran (I think it was Rick?) will be a good one too, IMO.