Masters tips?

12345679»

Comments

• ddettsddetts Roy McAvoy SoDakClubWRX Posts: 1,404 ClubWRX
    Glaze22 wrote:

I like going in and buying things first. If you park close enough it is faster to go back out and put your stuff in your car. It does not happen very often but they do have limited numbers on some things in the gift shops. I missed out on a jacket last year. They had larges but no more XL on a Tuesday. The limited putters go quick also.

Use caution with this, especially if you're considering buying second hand tickets the day of. I believe I read that they have reduced the number of times a ticket can be used for re-entry from 3 down to 2, so if you make a trip out to the car and back in your ticket is done for the day. In fact it appears the website is now updated and the Re-entry policy states "Patron Tickets will be limited to a total of two entries per day."

> See my current WITB
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Project X Even Flow Blue 6.5 65 gram
    TaylorMade '17 M2 Tour 15°, Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17°, Project X HZRDUS85 6.0
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
    TaylorMade TP Mullen

Twitter-icon.png lDLcKyO.png?1
  • jonj101jonj101 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I created this thread a while back with some pics that outlines how my Monday went:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1611128-2017-monday-at-the-masters-pic-heavy/
  • cougarthesecondcougarthesecond Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    jonj101 wrote:

I created this thread a while back with some pics that outlines how my Monday went:

http://www.golfwrx.c...ters-pic-heavy/

This is just an awesome look at The Masters and the golf course from the "average Joe's" point of view. I have been twice and your photos and comments are so good and spot on!...thank you!
  • duke2001jduke2001j Consultant Posts: 150 ✭✭
    Been doing some research for a friend, and still can't seem to get a definitive answer on this:

Obviously phones aren't allowed inside ANGC on any day, but is there some sort of phone or electronic device "coat check" at the gates in case you still have your phone on you? Friend wants to use Uber and drop off and pickup at the gate, but obviously that's not possible without a phone. Are there phone check stands that are run by 3rd parties that charge a fee maybe? Can't find any info about that virtually anywhere on the internet, so my guess is that bringing your phone is not an option at all? Can someone clarify? I haven't been back for a while and am curious myself, even though I'm researching for a friend! Thanks!
    TaylorMade M2 9.5*- Fubuki Tour 73x5ct X
    TaylorMade M2 3W - Fujikura Speeder 857 X
    TaylorMade M1 5W - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70X
    TaylorMade P790 4-5i; PSi 6-PW - KBS Tour X
    TaylorMade TP EF 50*, 54* - KBS Tour X
    TaylorMade MG HI-TOE 60* - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Putter with SuperStroke 3.0 Mid Slim grip
  • Newbs24Newbs24 Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I would imagine a call to Augusta National might be the best way to find out
  • jimdawg66jimdawg66 Members Posts: 11 ClubWRX
    duke2001j wrote:

Been doing some research for a friend, and still can't seem to get a definitive answer on this:

Obviously phones aren't allowed inside ANGC on any day, but is there some sort of phone or electronic device "coat check" at the gates in case you still have your phone on you? Friend wants to use Uber and drop off and pickup at the gate, but obviously that's not possible without a phone. Are there phone check stands that are run by 3rd parties that charge a fee maybe? Can't find any info about that virtually anywhere on the internet, so my guess is that bringing your phone is not an option at all? Can someone clarify? I haven't been back for a while and am curious myself, even though I'm researching for a friend! Thanks!

No. Matter of fact, even an accidental attempt at bringing a phone inside, can lead to the tickets being taken. Trust me. Leave the phone outside the gate. Tighter security than TSA at the airport. There are phone banks inside. That’s what they’ll tell you as they take your tickets away, but let you keep your phone.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX
    duke2001j wrote:

There are checkstands adjacent to the parking lot - no idea why you couldn't check a phone, but don't know how they work.
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Posts: 299 ✭✭
    duke2001j wrote:

When I was there two years ago they had an area to check phones on the left on the way in before you get to the gates.
  • Anyone know their policy on Apple Watch?
  • Vardon GripVardon Grip Members Posts: 427 ✭✭

Anyone know their policy on Apple Watch?

http://www.masters.com/en_US/patron/index.html
  • Rory McilwoodsRory Mcilwoods Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    So excited. Will be there Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday this year.....first time so I'm jumping out of my skin in excitement.
  • Glaze22Glaze22 FORE!!!! Members Posts: 745 ✭✭

If you think in any way that your Watch "COULD" get you in trouble in any way, it is not worth taking it. This is an event that is unlike any other, if you get in trouble, it is 1 strike, not 3!!! If you get your tickets from someone else, they loose their tickets and in most cases they are not allowed to get any more under their name. You dont need your watch, or phone, just your time and excitement.
  • North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 3,996 ✭✭
    Glaze22 wrote:

If you think in any way that your Watch "COULD" get you in trouble in any way, it is not worth taking it. This is an event that is unlike any other, if you get in trouble, it is 1 strike, not 3!!! If you get your tickets from someone else, they loose their tickets and in most cases they are not allowed to get any more under their name. You dont need your watch, or phone, just your time and excitement.

Anyone going for the first time needs to read this post over and over and over! Especially these 2 sentences.

This is an event that is unlike any other.

You don't need your watch, or phone, just your time and excitement.
  • My apple watch doesn’t have cellular so I don’t see how it could get me in trouble but I may take another one out of an abundance of caution. I do think a watch is a good idea at Augusta because splitting up from your group and agreeing to meet up at a certain time/place is much easier with a watch. Not having your cell phone for an entire day is an evolution of emotions. It starts with panic and ends in liberation.
  • cougarthesecondcougarthesecond Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    And don't forget to visit John Daly and his massive tour bus/swag dealership at Hooters on Washington Rd. where you can buy an animal headcover and rub his belly for $100.
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiPosts: 757 ✭✭
    I loved not having phones last year there. People actually talked to each other! Laughed, told stories with strangers! It was a blessing really. Never thought about the Uber angel but I suppose I would find another ride. You got a month to do it.
    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,536 ClubWRX
    duke2001j wrote:

Masters Rule n°1: never try to break rules at ANGC.

Masters Rule n°2: read rule 1 again.
  • duke2001jduke2001j Consultant Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2019 3:40pm #259
    imakaveli wrote:
    duke2001j wrote:

What about my question is trying to break the rules? Enlighten me. No one is trying to bring a phone inside the gates - trying to find a way to successfully take Uber to and from the event if you don€™t have a car. Seems like ANGC should be thinking ahead about these situations, taking advantage of technology, and making it easier to attend. But thats just me.
    TaylorMade M2 9.5*- Fubuki Tour 73x5ct X
    TaylorMade M2 3W - Fujikura Speeder 857 X
    TaylorMade M1 5W - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70X
    TaylorMade P790 4-5i; PSi 6-PW - KBS Tour X
    TaylorMade TP EF 50*, 54* - KBS Tour X
    TaylorMade MG HI-TOE 60* - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Putter with SuperStroke 3.0 Mid Slim grip
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Members Posts: 12,536 ClubWRX
    duke2001j wrote:

imakaveli wrote:
    duke2001j wrote:

What about my question is trying to break the rules? Enlighten me. No one is trying to bring a phone inside the gates - trying to find a way to successfully take Uber to and from the event if you don€™t have a car. Seems like ANGC should be thinking ahead about these situations, taking advantage of technology, and making it easier to attend. But thats just me.

"is there some sort of phone or electronic device "coat check" at the gates in case you still have your phone on you? " > Yes.

"Are there phone check stands that are run by 3rd parties that charge a fee maybe?" > You can call US for free at stand phones.

"so my guess is that bringing your phone is not an option at all?" > No.
  • Joebirds55Joebirds55 Members Posts: 1,101 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2019 9:03am #261
    duke2001j wrote:

imakaveli wrote:
    duke2001j wrote:

You’re going about it the right way asking a few weeks in advance what’s allowed and what’s not allowed.

Having been a few times - I do not know how they work since I’ve left it in the car but there 10000% is a little check stand before you go through security and have your badge scanned. Again not sure how long the wait is to grab your stuff at the end of the day but it is there.

Apple Watch - completely permitted. My wife wore hers a couple years ago, you’ll see tons of people with them on. No need to worry about it. Says on the masters site they are allowed. Just be sure to disable any noise or alerts and you’ll be fine. I recently got a Fitbit watch that looks exactly like the Apple Watch and will be wearing it in this year.

Someone asked about a GoPro as well. I’ve taken my GoPro in for a couple practice rounds without any issue whatsoever. I do remove any of the attachments - like those handles that **** onto the bottom of the plastic case. So it’s just the camera with the plastic case around it. Can definitely get some cool pictures at Augusta National with a GoPro.
  • krcnokrcno Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Going on Saturday and Sunday!!!!!!
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tour AD DI Black 60 X
    Ping I25 14* Tour AD DI 83x
    Adams 18* hybrid tour issue Proforce V2 104g X
    Ping s55 4-PW KBS C-taper 125 S+
    Ping Glide Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* KBS C-Taper 125 S+
    2014 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron putter
    2018 Srixon Staff Bag
  • DonRSDDonRSD Daddy Warbucks South FloridaMembers Posts: 134 ✭✭
    How are people going multiple days!?!? I have bene trying to win a ticket for years and have always failed.
    Guess my only luck is bad luck lol
    Driver: Titleist TS2
    3 Wood: Titleist TS2
    Hybrids: Titleist 818 H1
    Irons: TaylorMade P790
    Wedges: Vokey
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (2018)
  • jacksongp22jacksongp22 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭

Anyone buy their tickets from a 3rd party? (StubHub, Ticketcity). With no luck in the lottery so far I bit the bullet and bought Monday practice round tickets. They sent an email about picking up the tickets from their tent set up somewhere on Washington road I believe. Anyone know how early that i would be able to pick them up? Trying to get to the course as early as possible.

• North TexasNorth Texas Members Posts: 3,996 ✭✭

@jacksongp22 said:
    Anyone buy their tickets from a 3rd party? (StubHub, Ticketcity). With no luck in the lottery so far I bit the bullet and bought Monday practice round tickets. They sent an email about picking up the tickets from their tent set up somewhere on Washington road I believe. Anyone know how early that i would be able to pick them up? Trying to get to the course as early as possible.

Strange that their email would not tell you when you can pick them up?

• jacksongp22jacksongp22 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭

I should have clarified a little bit, it says they will give me a pickup time the night before..just trying to plan ahead, im getting too anxious at this point haha

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX

@jacksongp22 said:
    I should have clarified a little bit, it says they will give me a pickup time the night before..just trying to plan ahead, im getting too anxious at this point haha

So anxious in fact you haven't identified "they" so there is no way anyone could answer your questions about where or when to pick them up. Patience young Jedi.