Miura MC 501 ... any one hit it?

Comments

• howeberhoweber Members Posts: 823 ✭✭
    MysteryV wrote:

I hit these and liked them quite a bit. Not as much as my BBs, but close

How much larger heel to toe were they then the baby blades? Miura says they’re the “longest blade” they’ve made but I’m hoping they’re still relatively compact. Anything else you can compare them to?
  • MysteryVMysteryV Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    Hrm, I don't really recall them being large. My MP29's look awkward and large. My MP4's look normal. I recall the 501s looking good, however I didn't get to inspect the entire set as I was at Club Champion.

Not sure that helps - but it's all I can recall.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Tensei PO
    3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2 - AOP Oval Track
  • BLITZ31BLITZ31 Members Posts: 11 ✭✭
    i love the way these look. the feel is just as advertised with Miura. I have a set of cb501 that i love, but would love to upgrade one day to the mc501. Very pure but not as forgiving as a cb501
  • A.G. Pennypacker A.G. Pennypacker Posts: 479 ✭✭
    howeber wrote:

MysteryV wrote:

How much larger heel to toe were they then the baby blades? Miura says they're the "longest blade" they've made but I'm hoping they're still relatively compact. Anything else you can compare them to?

I play BBs, and I've hit these. They are definitely a little longer heel to toe than the BBs, but not a lot. They play very much like a typical blade, set up small behind the ball. One thing I didn't like about them was the very thin topline; I like how the baby blades have a bit of a thicker topline than these.
  • howeberhoweber Members Posts: 823 ✭✭

howeber wrote:

MysteryV wrote:

How much larger heel to toe were they then the baby blades? Miura says they're the "longest blade" they've made but I'm hoping they're still relatively compact. Anything else you can compare them to?

I play BBs, and I've hit these. They are definitely a little longer heel to toe than the BBs, but not a lot. They play very much like a typical blade, set up small behind the ball. One thing I didn't like about them was the very thin topline; I like how the baby blades have a bit of a thicker topline than these.

MysteryV wrote:

Hrm, I don't really recall them being large. My MP29's look awkward and large. My MP4's look normal. I recall the 501s looking good, however I didn't get to inspect the entire set as I was at Club Champion.

Thanks! I bit the bullet and ordered some heads.... will post my thoughts after I get them.
  • TMfan54TMfan54 Members Posts: 2,244 ✭✭
    Does anyone have experience with the Tournament blades compared to these? I am looking for a little more fogiveness in the 4 iron and 5 iron.
    M2 9.5* HRZDUS Yellow
    Tour Edge Exotics 15* E8 Beta Alidila Rogue
    Titleist T-MB 2 iron HRZDUS Black
    Miura 4-PW raw Tournament Blades KBS black nickel
    Miura 52 & 56* K grind DG TI
    Vokey SM6 62*
    TM Spyder X
  • wattagewattage Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    I won a fitting at True Spec Golf and will do a full bag fitting later his month, even though my baby blades are only a few months old image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

Def interested in trying these as well as a few more tech oriented offerings, AP,Miz SC, etc.

Will Peoples has these in raw,satin, and black....hmm. Black or Raw look good!
  • eaglestan66eaglestan66 Members Posts: 512 ✭✭
    Wattage - congrats on the fitting.

Let me know what tickles your fancy after breaking-in the Miura Baby Blades!

-Stan
    Wilson Cortex 10.5 Atmos TS Blue S
    Aeroburner TP Mini 14° Matrix 70 Proto S
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow 85 S
    Titleist 818 H1 21 ACCRA 85 S
    Miura CB57 4-Pw Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120S
    Miura 52 & 58 Black Series KBS 120S KM-350 putter
  • MysteryVMysteryV Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
    I've been having a very hard time not picking up the Blacks or Raws from Peoples Golf. Must...exercise....self....restraint..............
    Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Tensei PO
    3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2 - AOP Oval Track
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 (.... Formerly Known As RaidersGolf99) Foxboro, MAMembers Posts: 2,361 ✭✭
    MysteryV wrote:

I've been having a very hard time not picking up the Blacks or Raws from Peoples Golf. Must...exercise....self....restraint..............

Same.
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway Epic Flash 9.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Rogue 4 17.0° HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 X
    Callaway TC Apex 2H 18.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway TC Apex 4H 23.0° Tour Spec Speeder 904HB X
    Callaway X-Forged UT 27.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Callaway X-Forged UT 30.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 CB-57 7-8 Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 Baby Blade 9-P Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 52.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura Hand Grind Raw 58.0° / 10.0° Steel Fiber i110 S
    Miura 1957 KM-350 Soft Black DGTI Black Smoke S-400
    Callaway 2018 Chrome Soft X
  • beautytherotbeautytherot Members Posts: 66 ClubWRX
    howeber wrote:

howeber wrote:

MysteryV wrote:

MysteryV wrote:

Thanks! I bit the bullet and ordered some heads.... will post my thoughts after I get them.
    just wondering where you were able to just purchase heads
  • Crooksc17Crooksc17 Members Posts: 725 ✭✭
    Can anyone compare these to the MB-001?
  • wattagewattage Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    edited Sep 1, 2018 #44
    So, I got to hit the MC 501 vs my BBs. Sorry fellas, I forgot to take side-by-side photos=FAIL on my part.

They look good: I like the rounded and shorter toe height of MC; but prefer the less offset of BBs. I didn't find the sole to skip or be too wide on the MCs-I was worried about that. I found the unconscious desire to hit more down on MCs tho. I would like to see whole set before purchasing due to offset amount.

Felt a bit more forgiving than BB, similar Miura but a purer BB still wins in my book.

**I still have a big problem with the fitting model of our beloved Miura and other high end clubs**

==We need to see and be able to hit the entire set! I want to see the 9 iron and wedge, ya feel me?? I can't help but think the lack of visibility in stores or even fitters cuts down on their sales.

Trackman time:

MC 501 w Oban CT 115:

89/126 mph; 15*, 6148 rpm, 178/186 yds, -3.9 AoA, 47* land angle

BB Modus 120S hard stepped:

88/123 mph; 15.7*, 6288rpm, 173/180 yds, -3.1 AoA, 47* land angle

Pretty similar, MC is about 1-1.5* stronger loft, and shaft was about 1/4" longer. This might make up for 1/2 club longer--also see higher ball speed and less spin.

I like them but not for #260/club right now.

Interested in y'alls thoughts.

B
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • IIvudooIIIIvudooII Members Posts: 245
    LYG wrote:
    Love to hear.

How does it compare to the Miura CB 57?

Thanks.
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX Posts: 68
    man I've been jonesing over these. Trying to figure out a way to hit them (I've hit other Miuras) before plunking down a sizable hunk of change
  • aknowaknow Members Posts: 96
    I just received a set of black Mc 501's from Chris at Tourspec. I can't really compare these to any clubs I've tried, they remind me of my simple Wilson Staff blades from the 1960's. They feel superb when hit anywhere close to sweet spot. When I hit them correctly, they launch unbelievably high. I am having so much fun hitting these on the driving range, they look so great at set-up.

For me, they might be 5% shorter than Srixon z565's, but the Miura's are more accurate. I also got a chromed 52 degree Miura wedge, like a piece of jewelry. Today I had 178 yd par 3 downwind. Hit Miura 3/4 6 iron to level green, landed 8 feet away, and stopped in 2 feet. These are FINE irons! Hope some of you get a chance to try them.
  • wcgolfwcgolf Members Posts: 569
    I will have a set of the satin heads in hand on Tuesday and can get some pictures up for you guys that might be interested in the MC 501. I will also have MB001 for pictures as well. I also have a completed set of CB1008 if y’all want pictures of those as well!
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX Posts: 68
    edited Oct 22, 2018 #49
    Just can't help myself sometimes. Soooooo nice on center hits

IMG_20181022_213524-M.jpg
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Members Posts: 1,401 ✭✭
    wcgolf wrote:

I will have a set of the satin heads in hand on Tuesday and can get some pictures up for you guys that might be interested in the MC 501. I will also have MB001 for pictures as well. I also have a completed set of CB1008 if y'all want pictures of those as well!
    I would love some pics at address. Thanks in advance!
    Taylormade M5, 9*, Tensei Pro Orange 70TX, 44.75"
    Taylormade M5, 15*, 80TX, 42.75"
    TaylorMade P790 UDI, 17*, Project X Hzrdus Black 85 - 6.5 or M3 20* Hybrid, Kuro Kage XT 100TX
    TaylorMade P760, 4-W, KBS DG Tour Issue X100
    Cleveland RTX 4 Raw, 52-mid, 56-mid and 60-low
    Titleist Cameron Tour Rat 1-M or NP2 Timeless
    2019 TM TP5x
  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 646 ✭✭
    Beauties. I still think that the MB5005 are better looking.....just.
    Cobra F9 9* + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue 19 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 8s.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members Posts: 247 ✭✭
    mixedguy wrote:

I hit these clubs, and they are pure butter. Them and the Epons were neck in neck.
  • tmb guytmb guy teeitup Posts: 243 ✭✭
    wcgolf wrote:

I will have a set of the satin heads in hand on Tuesday and can get some pictures up for you guys that might be interested in the MC 501. I will also have MB001 for pictures as well. I also have a completed set of CB1008 if y'all want pictures of those as well!
    did you have a chance to take pics vs mb001 is their alot more offset
    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5 FUJI VENTUS 5s
    PXG GEN 2 15 Speeder EVO 5 661s
    PXG GEN 2 0311T 4-pw fuji mci black pending
    PXG GEN 2 19 hybrid adiz hybrid
    Cleveland RTX 4 Black 50,54,58
    Putter-Betti tour proto
  • boycer11boycer11 ClubWRX Posts: 3,444 ClubWRX
    The black finish looks awesome.
    Ping G400 max tensei orange pro
    Callaway epic flash sz 3 wood
    Ping g400 5 wd rogue black 7s
    ping g410 tensei hybrid
    Epon 705 5-aw limited black kbs flt matte black/Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    miura limited black tour 2018 54/58
    taylormade jdm itsy bitsy spider
    ping hoofer
    tp5x
  • chonkoachonkoa Members Posts: 55 ✭✭
    wcgolf wrote:

wcgolf wrote:

That will be nice.

My project is to build to a set of MB 001/MC 501 combo to make my first set of complete Miura.
    Ping G Driver
    Taylormade UDI 1,2,3 irons
    Miura Tournament Blades 4,5,6
    Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 7 iron
    Mizuno MP 18 8,9,P irons
    Mizuno S18 50 & 60
    Ping Putter/ Miura KM 008
  • ghoonkghoonk The Hoarder Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    I have a set of Black MC-501 4-PW fitted with black satin TT AMT white label shafts. They are wonderfully soft and much more forgiving than my MB-5003 irons. While I get more distance playing my M-CGB (bad day sets), I almost always prefer to game the 501s. I lose around 10-15 yards on the shorter irons and 20-25 on the long irons but the 501s feel like a million bucks when i strike them right
    [font=georgia,serif]Srixon Z785 w/ stock Miyazaki Mahana (S) shaft
    Srizon F65 4w (17*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S)
    Srixon H65 2h (16*) w/ stock Miyazaki Kaula (S) shaft
    Miura MC501 4-PW w/ TT S300 AMT White (S) shaft
    Miura 50*, 54*, 58* Forged black wedges w/ KBS Tour matt black wedge shafts
    Miura MGP-M3 putter
    [/font]
    some comparison pics\
    Putter-Betti tour proto
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    ghoonk wrote:

I have a set of Black MC-501 4-PW fitted with black satin TT AMT white label shafts. They are wonderfully soft and much more forgiving than my MB-5003 irons. While I get more distance playing my M-CGB (bad day sets), I almost always prefer to game the 501s. I lose around 10-15 yards on the shorter irons and 20-25 on the long irons but the 501s feel like a million bucks when i strike them right

I have read many feedback posts on the MC-501 and everyone talks about how great they feel on Center Hits which leads me to believe they have the typical great Miura feedback. That also leads me to believe they aren't very forgiving. Is that an accurate assumption?

They are beauts but I don;t want to go backwards in performance if my ball striking is off.
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Tzoid wrote:

ghoonk wrote:

I have read many feedback posts on the MC-501 and everyone talks about how great they feel on Center Hits which leads me to believe they have the typical great Miura feedback. That also leads me to believe they aren't very forgiving. Is that an accurate assumption?

They are beauts but I don;t want to go backwards in performance if my ball striking is off.

they shouldnt be mistaken for forgiving no but for what they are they are extremely playable compared to others (mb001, apexmb,p 730)
    Putter-Betti tour proto
  • duffymoonduffymoon Members Posts: 46
    Honestly I could have taken the cb501 mc501 or mb001. I took the 001s based on looks and the fact that my best dispersion was with the 001s.

But they all felt phenomenal.

001s due to be delivered to me next week.

I think the 001 look best. Then the mc’s then the cb501. Though I got the impression that the cbs were very forgiving. Nothing between the mc501s and 001s.

You really can’t go wrong with any of them. Sublime.