New Srixon Z Star??

CClarkCClark Members Posts: 25
Has anyone heard if Srixon is releasing a new (6th gen) Z Star in the near future?

I’m noticing that my local pro shop isn’t restocking and many websites are giving slight discounts or marking it as a “close out”.

I

Comments

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 2,123 ✭✭
    Probably...u85, z585 and z785 are launching soon. Disappointed there wont be z985 blades.
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • grochol17grochol17 Members Posts: 1,284 ✭✭
    Z star and xv are usually launched in odd numbered years, so my guess is it is a bit early for new versions of those.
    Ping G400 LST, 8.5*, HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.0
    Titleist 915 F, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
    Mizuno MP H5, 1&3 iron, C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno MP 25, 4&5 iron, DG X100 SSx1
    Mizuno MP 5, 6-PW, DG X100 SSx1
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled CC, 53* & 58* (DG S300)
    Piretti Potenza II Rev 2.0, 375g, 34"
    Srixon Z Star / Z Star XV 5
  • elwhippyelwhippy Members Posts: 3,120 ✭✭
    There is a distance orientated X version in Japan. Similar to AVX. Current ball is superb so their engineers will need to do some overtime to make radical improvements.
  • cgasuckscgasucks Members Posts: 2,191 ✭✭
    CClark wrote:

Has anyone heard if Srixon is releasing a new (6th gen) Z Star in the near future?

I’m noticing that my local pro shop isn’t restocking and many websites are giving slight discounts or marking it as a “close out”.

I

I reported this thread to the moderators and you will be dealt with.
    10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft
    Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold shafts in S300
    Taylormade ATV 54 deg & 58 deg wedges with stock KBS shafts
    Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts
    Ping Anser 2 Stainless Steel Putter
  • klbcecklbcec Members Posts: 501 ✭✭
    New Z Star probably around december january time frame based on past few generations
  • chinaskichinaski Dios mio, man. Members Posts: 284 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

There is a distance orientated X version in Japan. Similar to AVX. Current ball is superb so their engineers will need to do some overtime to make radical improvements.

Yeah I can't see much of an improvement. Only improvement I could see is if they made the XV just a little softer off the putter and inside 50 yards. Basically the perfect ball is XV off the tee and Z around the green.
    Ping Hoofer:

M2 9.5˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 
    TS2 15˚ - Kai'li 75 
    X2Hot 3H - Tour Blue 85 
    Z U45 23˚
    Z745 5-AW DG S300
    MD4 56S/60C

2014 Newport Select/Jailbird Mini S

Z-Star
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 3,114 ✭✭
    cgasucks wrote:

CClark wrote:

I

I reported this thread to the moderators and you will be dealt with.
    ???
  • playaplaya Members Posts: 8,722 ✭✭
    chinaski wrote:

elwhippy wrote:

Yeah I can't see much of an improvement. Only improvement I could see is if they made the XV just a little softer off the putter and inside 50 yards. Basically the perfect ball is XV off the tee and Z around the green.

I pretty much agree with everything you say. Current model is superb. I play the XV for its performance off the tee, and but would prefer it a little softer around the greens.
  • JDaxJDax Members Posts: 84
    I believe that the New Q-Star Tour will be the Srixon ball launch of this year, I think it will be next year before we see an updated Z-Star line.
  • Mike_CMike_C Members Posts: 1,443 ✭✭
    playa wrote:

chinaski wrote:

elwhippy wrote:

I pretty much agree with everything you say. Current model is superb. I play the XV for its performance off the tee, and but would prefer it a little softer around the greens.

Agree also. I played much of this year with the XV. 5-6 years ago I spent about a year with it after being a long time B330S user, wanted to try something a bit lower spinning with the driver. That experiment ended and I went back to Bridgestone. But I didn't like the new version of the Tour B XS. When Srixon had there $20/dozen deals early in the year I stocked up on the XV and Z Star to try both. First was playing the XV as it did seem a bit longer off the tee and a bit higher launching, but as time went by, I just didn't like it as much around and on the greens. As I started using up my Z Stars, I started to really like them, but you are right if I could get the performance off the Driver of the XV and feel of the Z Star, It would be perfect for me.
    WITB
    2017 9.5 M2 Tour AD DI 7X
    Srixon Z F85 15* HZRDUS 75 Yellow 6.0
    Big Bertha Alpha 815 Hybrid 18* Fujikura Speeder 865 S
    Srixon U85 23* Recoil F5
    Srixon Z945 5-PW Recoil Proto 95 F5
    Cleveland RTX4 50 Mid Recoil 95 F5
    Callaway MD 4 56/10 S Recoil 125 F5
    Callaway MD 4 60/12 W Recoil Proto 125 F5
    Never Compromise Dinero  Baron 
    Srixon Z Star
  • Break81Break81 Broke80 Members Posts: 2,022 ✭✭
    If they come out with more "trial packs" in 2019 for the XV and Z I am going to need another shelf in the garage!

On a serious note I tried the NEW QST and it was realty much better than the original. Makes me excited for the new offerings from Srixon.
    Cobra F7+ - Stiff
    Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
    Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
    EVNROLL ER5
    Srixon XV - Yellow
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1 Members Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Just a random thought from someone with no idea what Srixon will do.....I have wondered since the new Q Star Tour is using a dimple pattern similar to the current Z Star, if maybe Srixon has developed a new dimple pattern for a new gen Z Star?
    WITB

Callaway Rogue driver w/ Oban Tour Limited 4 60g
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    Nike Sasquatch Sumo #4 hybrid(cut down 1") w/ H Diamana s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    Ping G700 5-UW AWT 2.0(1°flat, 2° weak)
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 54/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 19 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    Ping Sigma 2 Tyne (adjusted to 32")
    Snell MTB Black