2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Golf Simulator Section

In light of recently escalating conflict of interest happening on Golfsimulatorforum, the current most popular place to find information and talk all things golf simulators, I would like to request Golfwrx create a section dedicated to golf simulators. There is a need for an open and unbiased talk and discussion forum to help each other build our simulator projects as well and as low cost as we can. So many people get ripped off via misinformation, censored information or failed promises at that website these days that having a truly open and unbiased forum would be a refreshing and very helpful tool here at wrx. The frequent and recent banning and censoring of a large number of mostly very knowledgeable people over there ( due to conflict of interest by the owner of the site, Protee) has hurt the sharing of information as well and is part of the reason I feel this is needed here.

There is a wealth of knowledge out there and having others able to speak up to help prevent fellow simulator players from wasting money on products that have severe downsides that aren't allowed to be talk about over there.

Please consider adding this to golfwrx and anyone that has interest in this please speak up. Thank you.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's a terrific idea! GolfWRX is by far my favorite forum to see unfiltered thoughts on the latest equipment, so I was disappointed that there wasn't a section for simulators when I decided to build my own.

It is even more disappointing to find out that the source that I used for much of my research was owned and censored by the distributor of what is in many ways an inferior product. Thank God I was able to read between the lines and bought a GC2 instead of a ProTee system, but it sure would have been nice to figure out how much better JNPG is than TGC before I bought the lifetime license!

Golf sim threads are placed in the WRX tech forum. Until a sponsor request one, there is not enough content.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Golf sim threads are placed in the WRX tech forum. Until a sponsor request one, there is not enough content.

I and many others would disagree. Are you familiar with golfsimulatorforum? It has a reasonable amount of traffic to warrant a section of its own on here. This is an opportunity for golfwrx to provide golfers a safe and open forum to talk about simulator stuff which is becoming more and more popular. GSF used to be that place but has since turned into a biased and heavily censored site.

I do not understand why a sponsor is needed for that, we don't want bias in here either.

I am very willing to become a clubwrx member if this happens and contribute monetarily what I can to this site. I like what you do here overall.

I hope the mods don't mind that i post this link, but in the event golfwrx remains uninterested in creating what i am asking for, this website is at the beginning stages of creating the same thing. If you are looking for an alternative to gsf, please help contribute here https://www.onlinegolftour.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=545

Thank you.

I and many others would disagree. Are you familiar with golfsimulatorforum? It has a reasonable amount of traffic to warrant a section of its own on here. This is an opportunity for golfwrx to provide golfers a safe and open forum to talk about simulator stuff which is becoming more and more popular. GSF used to be that place but has since turned into a biased and heavily censored site.

I do not understand why a sponsor is needed for that, we don't want bias in here either.

I am very willing to become a clubwrx member if this happens and contribute monetarily what I can to this site. I like what you do here overall.

There is nothing preventing that from happening now. Just post as many others continue to.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, would like to see a dedicated launch monitor/simulator sub forum. There are already sub forums for everything from putters to golf bags. Adding one for tech(nology), not tech(nicians), seems like a reasonable request.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I think this has been answered in depth already, it looks like a thread has been started in the WRX forum.

I did start a thread but it still makes sense to me and more people than you might think to have a "simulators" subforum for organizational sake. Its tough to keep topics visible for people interested in simulators when its just a thread here and there. When you have a sim subforum, then you have threads that only have to do with simulators and it can have sticky threads that have topics about each different launch monitor ala GSF website. The point of me asking for this, and some others chiming in, is GSF site is corrupt and this site is a good site as far as I know and could be a one stop shop complete with a sim section (which is a growing area of golf due to prices coming down). Myself and others want a non-censored place to talk, and we want it organized like it should be.

I will leave it at that, but the thread I started is going to be one big mess of jumping topics. It might take a little time for a subforum to get going but you would see the people that normally use GSF start to come over, it is a broken and biased site that isn't allowing people to freely share information like it used to years ago. WRX would have a chance to lead by example but at the same time, add some more traffic long term (this is a very likely biproduct) as well as different sponsors (also a very likely biproduct).

We're not looking to pick up business from or compete with golfsimulatorforum - I absolutely do not care what your personal reason is. It looks like people are still actively posting in all of those forums.

Again I can't stress this enough, I don't care about the inner workings of that forum or whatever personal beefs or issues you or other people may have with them.

I think you've - now repeatedly - made your point. And hopefully the mods have made ours.

We're not looking to pick up business from or compete with golfsimulatorforum - I absolutely do not care what your personal reason is. It looks like people are still actively posting in all of those forums.

Again I can't stress this enough, I don't care about the inner workings of that forum or whatever personal beefs or issues you or other people may have with them.

I think you've - now repeatedly - made your point. And hopefully the mods have made ours.

Thanks for helping me make my decision regarding monetary donations to this site, the amount of which was going to be considerable. Mind you, it has nothing to do with you not creating a sub forum and all to do with how both of you responded. You really should act with a little more class and a little less authority when it comes to things like this. You never know who you will rub wrong.

Unfortunately we do not accept donations. ClubWRX is a Members program that supports the site and provides extra benefits. There is currently only one fee.

You still don’t quite understand all the baggage that comes with running a forum and the overhead cost involved. Such as your persistent personal request and 3 or 4 people addressing them. One day we may start a section for simulators but right now there is not enough content. We have talked to a vast majority of sim companies and they really have no interest in forums or supporting them. It’s still a very specialized market.

Using the search features and taggging topics will give users the same benefit with out making another forum that has to be moderated and maintained.

BST AD Help

Thanks for helping me make my decision regarding monetary donations to this site, the amount of which was going to be considerable. Mind you, it has nothing to do with you not creating a sub forum and all to do with how both of you responded. You really should act with a little more class and a little less authority when it comes to things like this. You never know who you will rub wrong.

I honestly had never heard of GSF until you started posting about it. You have posted in a couple of different threads about it and I think you have had three different moderators explain our opinion on it. You disagree.

You then posted links to the thread/forum that you had started on another site - which we obviously disagreed with. Our job here is not to help drive traffic to your new thread/forum for disgruntled GSF users, no matter what the reason.

The GSF forum seems like it has a lot of information on it and like GwrxMod said - it seems to have active posters on there every single day. You posted that you and others had a personal issue with the site and believe me I am sympathetic to that. But its not our job to take sides. Nor does it mean that we should copy and paste that site's layout over here. As GX said - maintaining these forums is a pain enough as it is.

You will find pretty much anything you want here and that Club Makers WRX forum has a lot of great posters in it.

Thanks again for being a member.

DC

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I honestly had never heard of GSF until you started posting about it. You have posted in a couple of different threads about it and I think you have had three different moderators explain our opinion on it. You disagree.

You then posted links to the thread/forum that you had started on another site - which we obviously disagreed with. Our job here is not to help drive traffic to your new thread/forum for disgruntled GSF users, no matter what the reason.

The GSF forum seems like it has a lot of information on it and like GwrxMod said - it seems to have active posters on there every single day. You posted that you and others had a personal issue with the site and believe me I am sympathetic to that. But its not our job to take sides. Nor does it mean that we should copy and paste that site's layout over here. As GX said - maintaining these forums is a pain enough as it is.

You will find pretty much anything you want here and that Club Makers WRX forum has a lot of great posters in it.

Thanks again for being a member.

DC

Thank you very much for your classy and respectful response, I really do appreciate it.

I just want to clarify my position a bit for you so you don't get me wrong about they "why" I requested this in the first place, and why I posted the threads you mentioned.

First, I appreciate Golfwrx allowing me to post the threads I have regarding GSF issues and home simulator building. This site does a lot of things I like and appreciate (I just didn't appreciate the dialogue I was having with mods).

Second, my requests and threads are to protect and satisfy other simulator owners and users, not just my own. I know its a small crowd compared to the overall golf enthusiast population but it is becoming increasingly popular due to prices coming down in recent years.

Third, the GSF website is pretty much the only simulator site out there. It has a lot of great content that isn't censored and watched like a hawk by the website owner, so because of that, and the ignorance of many new users that Protee owns it and does censor and ban when it comes to products they sell or compete with, it does and will continue to get traffic. My hope was to help create an alternative here, that provides what that website should be, as I feel wrx is run with a much better moral compass despite having sponsors here as well.

Thank you again for your respectful and clear reply. Again, it is very much appreciated. I promise I will let the subject go at this point, as I completely understand your stance, and I have said all I can say regarding any convincing reasons why a sub forum for simulators would be a great thing.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I understand the reasoning for deleting the posts with links to other websites in it. I have no issue with that. I mis-remembered the rules regarding external links, for some reason I thought that only competing websites were not allowed to be linked. That was my mistake.

LOL, "considerable" donations to the site conditioned on having basically your own sub forum to go on about some other site and your ideas of what simulator discussions should be. I was going to give you a million dollars until I read this post. ;-)

Lots of lengthy, valuable and interesting simulator threads on this site and very easy to find. Others have no trouble finding and posting in therm.

LOL, "considerable" donations to the site conditioned on having basically your own sub forum to go on about some other site and your ideas of what simulator discussions should be. I was going to give you a million dollars until I read this post. ;-)

Lots of lengthy, valuable and interesting simulator threads on this site and very easy to find. Others have no trouble finding and posting in therm.

You don't read very well. Please read again.

Folks, let’s just move on. While I feel a separate subforum for launch monitors and simulation would be good idea, the moderators and operators feel differently. I’m going to take them at their word that it isn’t as simple as adding a sub forum. Frankly, I’m surprised OP went with the do you know who I am but to each their own. I do have one question, however, regarding a lack of sponsorship: isn’t Flightscope a site sponsor? I seem to recall that from the MEVO thread but am probably mistaken.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2