Which category gets the largest chunk of your golf budget?

MychMych Members Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier

Which category gets the largest chunk of your golf budget?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• joeshmojoeshmo Members Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Other?

Caddie fee and tip

Talent is the desire to practice
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It's a toss up between equipment and membership, both around $7k per year is my guess

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 26, 2019 2:28pm #4
    Greens Fees

@cardoustie said:
    It's a toss up between equipment and membership, both around $7k per year is my guess

Lol. How does one spend $7k on equipment per year? My bag would probably cost $3500 to replace. You going through two to three full sets a year?

• gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Equipment

@Argonne69 said:

@cardoustie said:

Lol. How does one spend $7k on equipment per year? My bag would probably cost $3500 to replace. You going through two to three full sets a year?

Perhaps an entire PXG bag through club champion?

• dan360dan360 Paisano Members Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Greens fees. One round at Pebble is more than I will spend a year on my whole bag.

WITB 29JUL2019
    • Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
    • shopping for this gap...
    • CB3 4-G 
    • PM Grind '19 54/60/64
    • Anser 2 Jim Wells Tour Proto 36"
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 26, 2019 4:14pm #7

@Argonne69 said:

@cardoustie said:

It's pretty easy to be honest
    $7G Canadian = $5,200 USD
    Blueprint irons, new wedge set, new putter, 410LST driver, balls, MyJoys, fwy woods, new Apex hybrid, assorted older Ping sets and rare BeCu single clubs/wedges off of ebay
    Crap - I've probably spent $800+ already this year on graphite iron shaft sets, driver shafts and fwy shafts
    It's only mid June, I have some 620mb irons on order for late August as well

Ping G400 LST 11.5* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 13.9* Aldila NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Mitsu KK 80s
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 p-spec org dot
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grinds 50*, 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • Argonne69Argonne69 Members Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 26, 2019 6:49pm #8
    Greens Fees

@cardoustie said:

@Argonne69 said:

@cardoustie said:

It's pretty easy to be honest
    $7G Canadian = $5,200 USD
    Blueprint irons, new wedge set, new putter, 410LST driver, balls, MyJoys, fwy woods, new Apex hybrid, assorted older Ping sets and rare BeCu single clubs/wedges off of ebay
    Crap - I've probably spent $800+ already this year on graphite iron shaft sets, driver shafts and fwy shafts
    It's only mid June, I have some 620mb irons on order for late August as well

Is this every year??? You're saying you've spend over $35,000 (CDN) in the past 5 years?

• Edaw68Edaw68 Members Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Golf-related travel

Used to be greens fees, but I've found myself taking more golf related trips. Although greens fees are in those too, so it's probably a toss up.

• MountainGoatMountainGoat Mid-MarylandMembers Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Club membership

Therapy.

• NCLancerNCLancer from Northern New York to The Triangle Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Greens Fees

I think it somewhat funny that out of 52 votes no one has voted for instruction. I've read it so many times that new clubs are not always the answer and that lessons might help more.

My vote went for greens fees. Haven't bought any clubs this year and I have found enough balls to last the rest of my life! We did take a trip to Auburn and played at RTJ Grand National twice and hit Clemson on the way home but I think my local greens fees added up cost more than that trip...

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NCLancer said:
    I think it somewhat funny that out of 52 votes no one has voted for instruction. I've read it so many times that new clubs are not always the answer and that lessons might help more.

My vote went for greens fees. Haven't bought any clubs this year and I have found enough balls to last the rest of my life! We did take a trip to Auburn and played at RTJ Grand National twice and hit Clemson on the way home but I think my local greens fees added up cost more than that trip...

That's kinda why I started the poll. If I was doing an hour lesson twice a month, lessons would easily challenge my greens fees.
    Nice trip, the RTJ trail is high on my list of future golf trips, but I've had better luck with places that I could convince my wife to go (San Diego/Torrey). I'm not sure she's quite as excited about having to entertain herself in Alabama while I play golf.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • NCLancerNCLancer from Northern New York to The Triangle Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Greens Fees

@Mych said:

@NCLancer said:

That's kinda why I started the poll. If I was doing an hour lesson twice a month, lessons would easily challenge my greens fees.
    Nice trip, the RTJ trail is high on my list of future golf trips, but I've had better luck with places that I could convince my wife to go (San Diego/Torrey). I'm not sure she's quite as excited about having to entertain herself in Alabama while I play golf.

I guess I'm lucky that by we I mean my wife and I. She loves to play and we take little trips every so often. Auburn was a nice little town to stay in and we enjoyed the golf course(s) very much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file