REVIEW Sense Putter Grip "It cured my putter grip HOing" - FairwayFred

13»

Comments

• dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,879 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 5, 2019 5:30pm #62

@m_w said:
    Is Sense owned by Will Peoples?

I have no idea, the guy I spoke with was Andrew and I believe he was on the west coast.

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Project X Hzrdus Black Hybrid 85 6.0
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", KBS CT Tour Putter Matte Black, Sense S1 grip
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/BagBoy Quad XL
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized

I also wanted to add that I love how they have things priced out. If you want more weights, or just the plain grip, or even the SAW system, you can get is all (tool, level, rod, end cap, etc.).

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
  • DrewllDrewll Members Posts: 34 ✭✭

@m_w said:
    Is Sense owned by Will Peoples?

No, but he is a distributor of our grips! The guys there are liking it too! I wish I could load another video of them here, so that you can see the guys there and the comments they had.

• poppman2142poppman2142 Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just a reminder to guys installing the grip, that the top threaded part adds a good quarter to half an inch to the length of the putter. I forgot about that and the putter feels long now. I will grip down and deal with it for now. Really liking the grip so far!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ triple diamond 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Apex 19' 18* with Diamana Thump 90 stiff tipped 1/4"
    Callaway Apex Pro dot 4-P with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Mizuno T7 51,56,61 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Epon Zen 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
    Toulon Azalea 34.75" with Stability putter shaft
    2018 Callaway Chrome Soft X/Taylormade tp5x
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag

@poppman2142 said:
    Just a reminder to guys installing the grip, that the top threaded part adds a good quarter to half an inch to the length of the putter. I forgot about that and the putter feels long now. I will grip down and deal with it for now. Really liking the grip so far!

That is pretty much the same for SS as well. I would not cut my putter shaft to compensate. Even at 33" I grip down about 1 inch anyway.

• poppman2142poppman2142 Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dbdors said:

@poppman2142 said:

That is pretty much the same for SS as well. I would not cut my putter shaft to compensate. Even at 33" I grip down about 1 inch anyway.

Good point , I do the saw grip method and my right hand grip is already at the bottom, so I don’t have the option of choking down unfortunately. Traditional gripping styles probably won’t raise an issue with chocking down.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ triple diamond 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Ping G400 Max 10.5* with Tensei Pro Orange 70 stiff untipped
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1/2"
    Callaway Apex 19' 18* with Diamana Thump 90 stiff tipped 1/4"
    Callaway Apex Pro dot 4-P with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
    Mizuno T7 51,56,61 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
    Epon Zen 34.75" with Grip Master leather wrap
    Toulon Azalea 34.75" with Stability putter shaft
    2018 Callaway Chrome Soft X/Taylormade tp5x
    Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
    Ogio Silencer bag
  • MontanagolfMontanagolf Members Posts: 69 ✭✭

I got the R1. Really like the feel. Can’t compare it to anything else I have tried. The rectangular shape is great for my claw putting style. It’s on one of my backup putters & I just ordered another to experiment with another putter.
    Still playing around with the saw system & weights...with so many options and with my need to constantly tinker, this will keep me busy for a while.
    I would love an armlock version, as Nothing has been able to beat the Sik armlock...but I don’t love the jumbomax grip feel.

• BrayBray Members Posts: 163 ✭✭✭

I ordered the S1 and love the feel of it. The saw system will keep the tinker in me busy. You can’t beat their customer service either.

It's not in my nature to be
    mysterious, but I cant talk about it
    and I can't talk about why.
  • dmac4gdmac4g Members Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just following up. Still love the grip and everything about it. For the first time in memory, my putter grip collection is down to zero. I am fully committed to the Sense R1 and hope it keeps working as great as it has so far. I am still in shock that I like the SAW technology. I have never been a counterbalance guy, but I am amazed how good this makes the putter perform and feel.

• 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My buddy loves SS and not interested my R1 but he was interested in the SAW system when I pulled it out to show him how it differs from his counterbalance SS. We were able to drop it right in and fiddle with location of the weight. He noticed the different positions right away. Forgot to take some pics but will try next time I see him.

@4rheel said:
    My buddy loves SS and not interested my R1 but he was interested in the SAW system when I pulled it out to show him how it differs from his counterbalance SS. We were able to drop it right in and fiddle with location of the weight. He noticed the different positions right away. Forgot to take some pics but will try next time I see him.

That was one thing I noticed right away, the threads fit the SS counter core grips.

I was initially wondering why the SAW system was offered separately, maybe for those who wanted just the grip first then decide later if they want the SAW system portion. I guess it could be for those who want to use it in their SS grips?
    Was that the design/intention, Drew?

@4rheel said:
    I was initially wondering why the SAW system was offered separately, maybe for those who wanted just the grip first then decide later if they want the SAW system portion. I guess it could be for those who want to use it in their SS grips?

I was wondering the same thing... I thought that the SAW system may not fit in all putters? Anything with an extension, some graphite & the stability shaft may not work (didn’t fit in my stability shaft putter)...

@Montanagolf said:

@4rheel said:

I was wondering the same thing... I thought that the SAW system may not fit in all putters? Anything with an extension, some graphite & the stability shaft may not work (didn’t fit in my stability shaft putter)...

We made the threads so that it fits OTHER grip manufacturer's models. We saw the benefits of having different weight positions within the shaft. Some shafts extensions allows the use of our SAW system depending on the type of extension used. As for graphite putter shafts- it will work as well, but some might need cutting the SAW system's carbon fiber rod in order to fit. Inner diameters of graphite shaft varies a lot. For the Stability Shafts, SAW system will work depending on where the location of their 22g weight is installed and the length of the overall putter, but again, just trimming the carbon fiber rod on the SAW system should take care of it if needed.

@Drewll said:

@Montanagolf said:

@4rheel said:

We made the threads so that it fits OTHER grip manufacturer's models. We saw the benefits of having different weight positions within the shaft. Some shafts extensions allows the use of our SAW system depending on the type of extension used. As for graphite putter shafts- it will work as well, but some might need cutting the SAW system's carbon fiber rod in order to fit. Inner diameters of graphite shaft varies a lot. For the Stability Shafts, SAW system will work depending on where the location of their 22g weight is installed and the length of the overall putter, but again, just trimming the carbon fiber rod on the SAW system should take care of it if needed.

Thank you for clarifying. I did trim the rod to fit the one I used with the stability shaft. Works more like a regular counter balance, but still works very well.

Let me know if you have any questions about installing as well. We find it CRUCIAL that the grip be put on correctly- or else it will not work.
    Thank you for your support.
    Andrew

• mister2coolmister2cool Members Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dmac4g said:

Call me crazy.. isn't that the same adjustable weight rod in Nike Counterflex grip?

2017 M1 440 10.5, Project X Even Flow Black 65 6.0
    2017 M1 3W, Project X Even Flow Blue 75 6.0
    RBZ Stage 2 18*H,Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    Nike Engage DS 52* DG S400
    Nike Engage TS 58* DG S400
    Callaway X-Forged 64* DG S400
    Putter... Who needs that?

@mister2cool said:

@dmac4g said:

Call me crazy.. isn't that the same adjustable weight rod in Nike Counterflex grip?

Looks very similar...I have never seen that before...
    Still love the shape and feel of the sense though

edited Aug 16, 2019 3:45pm #80

@Montanagolf said:

@mister2cool said:

@dmac4g said:

Post edited by mister2cool on
    Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    edited Aug 16, 2019 3:22pm #81

GRRRR.. how do you delete a dup on this new board????

Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300

@mister2cool said:

@Montanagolf said:

@mister2cool said:

@dmac4g said:

Interesting, I’d never heard of it either.

Similar... But different. I think Nike had a fixed weight, and if I remember correctly, they had a shaft that was larger I.D. (inner diameter) to accommodate their weight system. Their system would only fit their putters.

• ace036ace036 Members Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

For size comparison purposes, what size or model Superstroke Grip would you compare the Sense S1 grip to?

Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
    Ping G410 14.5° - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Srixon Z U85 20° - KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85 s+
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

@ace036 said:
    For size comparison purposes, what size or model Superstroke Grip would you compare the Sense S1 grip to?

I would say that it would be close to the SS 1.0.

• m_wm_w Gearhead Members Posts: 287 ✭✭✭✭

PXG Operator Gen2 + Stability Shaft + Sense R1 Grip = Putting made easy. Incredible combo and I'm a bad putter but this has literally improved me through equipment.

@Drewll said:
    Similar... But different. I think Nike had a fixed weight, and if I remember correctly, they had a shaft that was larger I.D. (inner diameter) to accommodate their weight system. Their system would only fit their putters.

Of course they are not identical, but the technology is similar that I'd say this isn't really groundbreaking.

Srixon z945 4-P, DG S300
    edited Aug 20, 2019 3:22am #88

ok

Post edited by Drewll on

@mister2cool said:

@Drewll said:

Of course they are not identical, but the technology is similar that I'd say this isn't really groundbreaking.

Pretty groundbreaking to me since I've never heard of the Nike version. Besides, I think we're talking more about the grip here. The SAW system is just an added bonus as far as I'm concerned.

Grip is great, Saw system is new to me and I love to tinker with the weights. I think I finally have it dialed in!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file