Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Battle of the sub $1.50 balls

Justsomeguy ·  
JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1373WRX Points: 319Handicap: 15Posts: 1,373 Platinum Tees

Wilson 50
TF D2
TF XL
Maxfli Revolutions
Noodle Long n Soft
Slazenger
K3

Callaway Hex Soft Costco

Sure there are more. What are your favorites, their price point, and features?

For me the Wilson 50 is just too soft. The k3 I just hate for some reason. The TG D2 is a great ball. Noodle is solid but not very long. Tempted to try the costco callaway that replaced the hot 55.
Dick's is great when they have deals, but I'm really trying to find the diamond in the rough $1 ball that has distance, feel and more greenside spin than a Topflight XL.

Posted:
Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R - CAMO!
Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Cobra F9 18.5* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R
Titleist 915H 21* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
Callaway Steelhead XR 5-AW Recoil 660 F3, R
Vokey SM7, 56*/8 M Grind, Recoil ZT9 460 F3, R
Miura 1957, 59* C Grind, Nippon Modus 110, Wedge Flex
TM Spider Tour

Comments

• Tanner25Tanner25 Members  6737WRX Points: 331Posts: 6,737 Titanium Tees

D2 feel has to be a contender in this price range. I am curious about the Noodle Neons. Wilson Zips?
    1.00 a ball will be tough unless you get Nitros which are terrible.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • chippa13chippa13 Members  2697WRX Points: 451Posts: 2,697 Titanium Tees

Just buy the QST when the BOGO free deals are on and you'll be paying $15/dozen.

Posted:
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1373WRX Points: 319Handicap: 15Posts: 1,373 Platinum Tees

I think the max is $18/doz inclusive of tax and shipping. But anything under $20 out the door should play.

Posted:
    TM Spider Tour
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4813WRX Points: 1,889Posts: 4,813 Titanium Tees

On -, @Justsomeguy said:

Wilson 50
    TF D2
    TF XL
    Maxfli Revolutions
    Noodle Long n Soft
    Slazenger
    K3

Callaway Hex Soft Costco

For me the Wilson 50 is just too soft. The k3 I just hate for some reason. The TG D2 is a great ball. Noodle is solid but not very long. Tempted to try the costco callaway that replaced the hot 55.
    Dick's is great when they have deals, but I'm really trying to find the diamond in the rough $1 ball that has distance, feel and more greenside spin than a Topflight XL.

LOL! Literally any golf ball ever made is better than a Top Flite XL. If you have a Dunhams Sports near you the $7.99/dozen deal for the Nike RZN Platinum practice balls can not be beat. .67/cents per ball that are brand new for a tour level urethane covered ball. They just have a small PRACTICE side stamp on them.

Posted:
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1373WRX Points: 319Handicap: 15Posts: 1,373 Platinum Tees

On -, @grm24 said:

On -, @Justsomeguy said:

Wilson 50
    TF D2
    TF XL
    Maxfli Revolutions
    Noodle Long n Soft
    Slazenger
    K3

Callaway Hex Soft Costco

LOL! Literally any golf ball ever made is better than a Top Flite XL. If you have a Dunhams Sports near you the $7.99/dozen deal for the Nike RZN Platinum practice balls can not be beat. .67/cents per ball that are brand new for a tour level urethane covered ball. They just have a small PRACTICE side stamp on them.

If u can find me never played Platinums for under $20 a dozen I'll buy the lot.

Posted:
    TM Spider Tour

On -, @Justsomeguy said:

On -, @grm24 said:

On -, @Justsomeguy said:

Wilson 50
    TF D2
    TF XL
    Maxfli Revolutions
    Noodle Long n Soft
    Slazenger
    K3

Callaway Hex Soft Costco

If u can find me never played Platinums for under $20 a dozen I'll buy the lot.

Not sure where you are located. If you have a Dunhams Sports near you stop in and see if they have that Nike RZN deal running. There was a recent thread here on it. Good luck.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1782173/nike-rzn-platinum-practice-back-at-dunhams-7-99#latest

Posted:

Advertisement
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members  1813WRX Points: 364Posts: 1,813 Platinum Tees

When need balls near the end of the year I usually pick up some Wilson 50/50. Just a really solid ball.

Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members  879WRX Points: 94Posts: 879 Golden Tee

On -, @chippa13 said:

Just buy the QST when the BOGO free deals are on and you'll be paying $15/dozen.

Q Star tour what is BOGO?

Posted:
  • gioreekogioreeko Members  489WRX Points: 260Posts: 489 Greens

On -, @Green Valley said:

On -, @chippa13 said:

BOGO is a golf clown that brings good deals to people, such as a buy one, get one free deal.

Posted:
    Driver: Taylor Made M3
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-UW: Ping i210
    Ping 54, 58 Ping Glide wedges
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball
  • xkilgorextroutxxkilgorextroutx Members  408WRX Points: 107Handicap: 15.5Posts: 408 Greens

I'd add the Maxfli Softfli/Speedfli to that list. Both balls are extremely good for their pricepoint.
    Are the they same as a Q Star Tour? Heck no. But when buying cheap, you could do a lot worse than them.

Posted:
  • Jason mJason m Members  304WRX Points: 65Posts: 304 Greens

Jump on a deal when srixon has their 6 pack z stars for 10$ at d i c k s. I got lucky and used a 50$ off 250$ got the price down got price below 1.50

Posted:

Advertisement

Precept Laddie?
    Wilson Zips?
    Both sub $1.
    Anyone?

Posted:
    TM Spider Tour
  • deepreddeepred Members  382WRX Points: 113Handicap: 12Posts: 382 Greens

Wally World has Titleist X Outs for $10, got a box with 6 each of TruSoft and Tour Soft.

Posted:
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    KE4 5 wood 17* 43”
    Maltby MXU 23* 
    Maltby Tricept TU 5 Iron
    Wilson Pi5 6-PW
    Wilson JP 55* SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ray Cook M2 Mallet
  • Green ValleyGreen Valley Members  879WRX Points: 94Posts: 879 Golden Tee

On -, @gioreeko said:

On -, @chippa13 said:

BOGO is a golf clown that brings good deals to people, such as a buy one, get one free deal.

dumb question is bogo a website?

Posted:
  • StackMan1StackMan1 Members  61WRX Points: 69Posts: 61 Bunkers

Buy One Get One free sale

Posted:

Driver - Ping i20 8.5*
    3 Wood - Ping i25 15*
    3 hybrid - Titleist 915H 21*
    Irons - Titleist 714 CB 4-PW
    Wedges - Vokey: 52F, 56S, 60M
    Putter - Cleveland Huntington Beach 1
    Ball - Srixon Q-Star Tour

• gioreekogioreeko Members  489WRX Points: 260Posts: 489 Greens

On -, @gioreeko said:

On -, @chippa13 said:

not that I know of. Srixon seems to do a BOGO deal a few times a year, great time to stock up

Posted:
    Driver: Taylor Made M3
    3 wood: Taylor made 12 degree mini driver TP
    3 Iron Mizuno Fli hi
    4-UW: Ping i210
    Ping 54, 58 Ping Glide wedges
    Odyssey Versa Tank Putter
    Kirkland Tour ball

Advertisement

On -, @gioreeko said:

On -, @chippa13 said:

Uh no. BOGO means Buy One Get One.

Posted:
  • agolf1agolf1 Members  2066WRX Points: 1,242Posts: 2,066 Platinum Tees

If you are in the UK or parts of Asia, these are about US$0.50 per ball. Literally a flying rock but it is still round and can end up on the green or in the water depending on the swing.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/100-golf-balls-x-12-white-2-pieces-id_8334028.html

Posted:
    Titleist 915 D4 10.5*, Diamana S+ Blue 60 S-Flex
    Titleist 915F 16.5* & 21.0*, Diamana S+ Blue 70 S-Flex
    PING G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    PING Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    PING Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
    Backup Lob Wedges:  PING Eye 2+ (58*) or PING Eye 2 XG (60*)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.