Change driver shaft on Rogue sub-zero or new driver all together

Bjvanth ·  
BjvanthBjvanth  4WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 4

Looking for some for input , Currently playing Rogue sub-zero T1100 65 x hazardous been good but just can't turn it over like i used too. Was fitted for setup.

Posted:

Answers

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free.  2480WRX Points: 435Members Posts: 2,480

Take it to a place where you can demo the MAVRIK. Put your shaft in the MAVRIK, see if it improves your numbers... put different shafts in your head, see if you get better numbers... Just tinker around until you find something you like! Highly recommend the Aldila Rogue 130. One of my favorite shafts.

Posted:

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Ri_RedneckRi_Redneck Leather for Life!!  5682WRX Points: 310Handicap: 8Members Posts: 5,682

Have the total weight and grip size checked. Both of those can cause what you're getting. Was trying out my new ST190 3w Saturday and had to work like heck to draw it. I had tossed on a standard grip just to try it out (didn't have a spare midsize in sight). Went home and put a proper midsize grip on it and all is solved.

BT

Posted:
    Bag 1
    F7 9.5* - Aldila Copperhead 70TX @ 44.5
    King LTD Blk 14.5* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 43
    King LTD Blk 19* - Aldila RIP Beta 80 S @ 41.5
    Mizuno MP15 4-pw - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
    Mizuno MP-T5 Black 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge

Bag 2
    Mizuno ST180 9.5* - Diamana Kai'Li 70 X
    Mizuno GPX850 14.5* - Motore Speeder TS 7.3 S
    Mizuno GPX850 20* - Motore Speeder TS 8.3
    Mizuno MP25 4-pw - Recoil Proto 125 F4
    Mizuno MP-T5 Satin 52, 56, & 60 TT Wedge
  • pakpak  175WRX Points: 107Members Posts: 175

I'm in the same boat as you but with an M4 that I was fitted for. Even though newer tech might not be leaps and bounds better, is it better to jump ship to a new driver or just replace the shaft? The conclusion I've reached is if you have to spend money on making the old driver work as well as when you first put it in play, it is probably better to take the hit this year and go for something newer. Plus, new and shiny might make you happier with your bag which leads to more confidence on the course.

Posted:
  • BjvanthBjvanth  4WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 4

Thanks for all your comments. I totally agree, time you spend the 250 or plus on driver shaft a person just as well test the new drivers all together and spend the extra 250 send it to the trees like the old driver yard or 2 more Thanks again

Posted:
  • ShakespeareShakespeare  164WRX Points: 87Members Posts: 164

My friend on staff has rogue sub zero and when he tried the same setup in the mavrik sub zero it didnt work as well as the rogue. Not sure that helps but maybe a shaft change for the mavrik for him to get same numbers is required

Posted:
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Summer/ Michigan-- Winter/ Florida 5354WRX Points: 457Handicap: 4Members Posts: 5,354

Look at the shaft selection at callawaypreowned.com,

Excellent selection, and decent prices, would look there first

Posted:

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 1Mordrid11Mordrid1  829WRX Points: 210Members Posts: 829

The Rogue driver heads were extremely light. Which for a lot of people contributed to the all over the place dispersion. I have not had s Mavrik head to weigh yet, but hopefully it is not as light as the rogue lineup.

Posted:
    WITB

PXG  0811x Oban Tour Limited 04
    Callaway Rogue 4 wood w/ Oban Kiyoshi White 4 65g
    PXG 0317 19 Hybrid Fujikura Pro 2.0 s
    Srixon U65 20° Miyazaki Kaula 7 s
    PXG 0211 irons 5-G True Temper Elevate 95 S (1°flat 1°weak D4)
    PING Glide 3.0 TS 56/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PING Glide 3.0 SS 60/KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115
    PXG Mustang 365g single bend
    Snell MTB Black
  • Golf4liferGolf4lifer  562WRX Points: 114Members Posts: 562

I’m in the same predicament. Not sure if I should buy the shaft or get a new driver. Is a couple of yards gain in distance worth the extra $250 for a new driver? I will say this the standard Mavrik sure looks nice!!!

Posted:
  • AmazinBlueAmazinBlue  1132WRX Points: 124Members Posts: 1,132

I have a Rogue SZ with 14g and 2g weights and the weight of the head is 198g, same as my F9. I have played the Rogue SZ at 44 1/4" and the SW is about D3. I prefer the muted sound of the F9 to the muted sound of the Rogue SZ. The Rogue will be sold. I plan to hit the Speed Zone drivers and see if there is a reason to switch, but I doubt it since much of the talk is the new Cobra drivers are louder. They would have to be significantly longer and more forgiving to get me to switch.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue SZ 9* Tensei Blue S 44.5"
    TM Aeroburner 16.5 HL Tensei Blue S
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
    Taylormade P770 5-PW Nippon Modus3 120 S
    Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
    Vokey SM7 58*/14* D Grind Tour Chrome
    TM Spider X 35" 3* flat 
    Maxfli Tour

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.