2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

FT-9 Tour iMix and Fubuki 63

eyezlee

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-877-Callaway. Give them a call and check it out. I asked if this is the real deal and he said yes. I called after reading a couple of other threads on here about it.

Its not listed on the Cally website.

Here's the output from the order confirmation:

Item Price

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

RH FT-9 Tour I-MIX Draw Mens Driver 9.5 $299.00

Fubuki 63 Tour I-MIX Graphite Shaft Stiff $129.00

They have to keep the Fubuki low or else nobody would buy I-Mix....

E.g. The tour fubuki is stock on their glued tour IQ driver.....wouldn't make sense to pay $700-800 for the same thing in Imix version.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Those are a 350 tip fubuki design for callaway heads

The real fubuki cost are not even close to what callaway pricing.

If that is real fubuki, do you think Mitsubishi dealers won't scream at them for paying more cost wise than what people buying from Callaway?

Right again Joe, if its too good to be true it usually is - especially direct from the company

Oh! Yes, of course. Thanks Joe. Sorry, I am a bit too gullible sometimes. : )

If that is real fubuki, do you think Mitsubishi dealers won't scream at them for paying more cost wise than what people buying from Callaway?

It is a .350 tip, but the 63 is the real deal, the 60 is a made for Callaway version. It's like saying their .350 Diamana's are not real because they are .350 which is not true either.

The reason they have to sell it at that price point is because it is a stock offering on the FT-iQ Tour. If it were not sold at that price, you would run into the same issues the i-mix is trying to avoid all over again with pricing.

Now, the loophole will be getting the Fubuki 63 at that price with an FT-9 i-Mix.

It is a .350 tip, but the 63 is the real deal, the 60 is a made for Callaway version. It's like saying their .350 Diamana's are not real because they are .350 which is not true either.

The reason they have to sell it at that price point is because it is a stock offering on the FT-iQ Tour. If it were not sold at that price, you would run into the same issues the i-mix is trying to avoid all over again with pricing.

Now, the loophole will be getting the Fubuki 63 at that price with an FT-9 i-Mix.

OK, maybe I should say "The retail after market 335 tip version instead or the real FUBUKI ".

So explain it to world why the BB IMix shaft price are $300 range with 350 tip or the 4" tip version? To top it all, JAVLN at $230 range & BASSARA Falcon & Hawks at $300 range.

Do you think Mitsu are stupid enough to ruin their own FUBUKI pricing?

Plus the different between Callaway FUBUKI pricing between Tour and non Tour is only $25-$30 in retail market.

If This is true also, All OEM who are buying FUBUKI as their shaft options will demand the same pricing, isn't it? The biggest trouble on the after effect is, No FUBUKI after market can survive through other outlets except OEM or DROP the price and except what people said that "they dig their own grave yard".

BTW, I'm writing this with my price list in front of me. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about looking at your avatar address.

My 2 cents!

OK, maybe I should say "The retail after market 335 tip version instead or the real FUBUKI ".

So explain it to world why the BB IMix shaft price are $300 range with 350 tip or the 4" tip version? To top it all, JAVLN at $230 range & BASSARA Falcon & Hawks at $300 range.

Plus the different between Callaway FUBUKI pricing between Tour and non Tour is only $25-$30 in retail market.

If This is true also, All OEM who are buying FUBUKI as their shaft options will demand the same pricing, isn't it? The biggest trouble on the after effect is, No FUBUKI after market can survive through other outlets except OEM or DROP the price and except what people said that "they dig their own grave yard".

BTW, I'm writing this with my price list in front of me. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about looking at your avatar address.

My 2 cents!

Reading this got me thinking about all this 'real' or OE, 'tour' or not....

What does it say about the company of manufactures and markets the shafts? IF they paste their names on any 'rejects' from production and will market is "BlueBoard" or "Fubuki" or DVS, or whatever OEM. Then do they sell otherwise in some manner 'non-real" or tip size difference to Callaway (or any other driver with 350 tip) and brand it 'real' or 'tour', though it's not.

Seems if I'm Mitsu, I doubt want to confuse everyone or damage my premium image by branding something then selling my own 'knockoffs' to OEMs and only sell real to independent club makers...I'm thinking not.

So, if Cally sells a 63g 'real' Fubuki for some price, no doubt they cut a supply deal, that for I-Mix application they get so many shafts at OEM price..so if the Tour FTiQ gets a 'real' FUbuki for #30 over the non-real, guess the I-Mix pricing strategy cahnge forces them to...also might make I-Mix option that much more viable.

Like film cameras, give'em the camera to sell them film. SInce the shaft requires an I-Mix head, they 'give' your the shaft, and sell you a club head...solid marketing from both company's perspective.

Anyway, I always see these arguments on these boards about real or not, but branded the same....I hope the one I get it 'real', or hopefully just hit it well enough not not care.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

My 2 cents!

Joe, I am not really sure what you are asking. The Callaway Fubuki 63 is the real deal. There is nothing to debate on that. The Fubuki 60 is a Made for Callaway version. The reason they have to sell it at $129 is because it's offered as a stock shaft in the FT-iQ. If it were not offered at that price, the stick and glue version of the same club would be cheaper. Callaway does NOT want to do that with the i-Mix this time around. The BB is $300 because it is NOT offered as a stock shaft in any club.

When you buy the stick and glue FT-9 with the Fubuki 63, it's around $800. i-Mix: $429.

Is there any doubts the 63 in the Tour IQ is a "real deal" fubuki?

I thought it was clear that it is.

If that's the case WHY would Cally kill their Imix IQ sales, but offering the SAME club (just imix flavor) for almost $300 more than their glued version? Doesn't seem to make good business sense to me.

So in order to keep imix viable, they have to either chop the price of the Fubuki imix shaft....or chop the price of the IQ head.....

Which one makes more sense?

Of course the added benefit for us is that then allows up to purchase a FT9 imix head and match it up with a $129 Fubuki (real deal) shaft. But I'm sure Cally doesn't care as they ARE NOT going to be taking losses on it regardless.

As for the BB/WB upcharges...well as posted above, they are NOT stock options...so they DO NOT have to keep them at the same price point.

Of course I could be wrong...but I doubt it given the information we currently know.

Is there any doubts the 63 in the Tour IQ is a "real deal" fubuki?

I thought it was clear that it is.

If that's the case WHY would Cally kill their Imix IQ sales, but offering the SAME club (just imix flavor) for almost $300 more than their glued version? Doesn't seem to make good business sense to me.

So in order to keep imix viable, they have to either chop the price of the Fubuki imix shaft....or chop the price of the IQ head.....

Which one makes more sense?

Of course the added benefit for us is that then allows up to purchase a FT9 imix head and match it up with a $129 Fubuki (real deal) shaft. But I'm sure Cally doesn't care as they ARE NOT going to be taking losses on it regardless.

As for the BB/WB upcharges...well as posted above, they are NOT stock options...so they DO NOT have to keep them at the same price point.

Of course I could be wrong...but I doubt it given the information we currently know.

Exactly.

I can't wait to see how this pans out. It stands to reason that it's just a nice loophole. We'll see though.

I might have to order a new stick.

Once I read about it, went to the site and figured it out I called first thing this morning. After all what's a credit card for...

We'll see what I receive. :)

I'm concerned about the 'real' / 'not-real' debate keeping others from enjoying a great price.

My 2 cents!

Joe, I am not really sure what you are asking. The Callaway Fubuki 63 is the real deal. There is nothing to debate on that. The Fubuki 60 is a Made for Callaway version. The reason they have to sell it at $129 is because it's offered as a stock shaft in the FT-iQ. If it were not offered at that price, the stick and glue version of the same club would be cheaper. Callaway does NOT want to do that with the i-Mix this time around. The BB is $300 because it is NOT offered as a stock shaft in any club.

When you buy the stick and glue FT-9 with the Fubuki 63, it's around $800. i-Mix: $429.

If that is the case, Good image for Callaway and bad image for Mitsubishi IMO.

I won't say that you are completely wrong or right, All I know for sure it came with 350 tip. So I can't argue it will feel (play or perform) the same or not with 335 tip, because feel is subjective to every individual. As of my opinion, it's not exactly ! But again that is only my opinion.

If you are right, Then a clubmakers will look like a rip off artist. And a lot of clubmakers should start ordering fubuki from Callaway and specifically with 335 tip uncut and untip. With that price is a no brainer that they will get a new shaft, new adapter and new grip. Awesome business opportunity there.

I just hope you understand from the point of view people like me, That doesn't make sense base on Mitsubishi decision on letting this price go down that low?

This is a good topics for members to know! See if you guys could specified your order with 335 tip or just only 350 tip availability.

Joe, I can understand your position to an extent. However, if OEM's want to purchase mass quantities from a shaft manufacturer and offer premium shafts as a stock offering, I am all for the discount. I am not really sure this will 'hurt' your business all that much. Guys that come to you really are not i-mix customers anyway. They want something that is fit and finished by a professional clubmaker with exacting specifications and precision. I'll have to admit, the price point is tempting...but ideally, I want my FT-9 to look like this:

FT-9 Tour 10.5

Face Angle: Square

Length: 44"

Swingweight: D3

Grip: Golf Pride Tour Wrap +1

If I lop off 1" from the butt, my FT-9 will be something like C5. But, I bet you could make the above possible in your shop. I can't with the i-mix. So, I am willing to pay more for what I want.

The i-mix is made for a guy that like to tinker and plays his clubs off the rack. Either is fine, just depends on what you want.

BTW: I don't think you can get the .335 tips from Callaway with the Fubuki.

Don't forget, a lot of retail shop has a repair shop too.

And I'm not talking about those issue only, that is just only part of it.

Definitely I'm all for cheaper for the customer...But when a customer ask me If i can build him a FUBUKI 73 Imix the price jump 3X from the stock which you claimed the real deal, Some customers who don't know the differences will think I'm ripping him off.

Again, the real issue here is that Imix FUBUKI is only 63 and only 350 tip or 335 tip is available too with the same pricing as I expect them to be if this is a real deal. Also like I said, I may be wrong on my first post about using the word REAL without defining it deeper. Due to this perception or opinions, we can't argue with them if they said NOT THE SAME.

If they are, then I would agree 100%.

Bare in mind, performance and feel how these two plays are subjective to every individual. I will definitely respect for a lot of them out there who said 335 have more feel loading and unloading by the tip are at impact, vise versa despite how good the result is for them.

I will share the email answers when they replied!!!

I'd wager it's only for the 63 gram and .350 tip versions....as I'm assuming that's what Callaway stock is.

No different that trying to get a .335tip Blueboard in the Ping V2 when Ping uses the G35t version.

(e.g. won't happen)

However, if you do know people looking for that particular shaft, it'd be a cheap way to get them into that shaft AND get a free imix adaptor out of it!

:D

I'd wager it's only for the 63 gram and .350 tip versions....as I'm assuming that's what Callaway stock is.

No different that trying to get a .335tip Blueboard in the Ping V2 when Ping uses the G35t version.

(e.g. won't happen)

However, if you do know people looking for that particular shaft, it'd be a cheap way to get them into that shaft AND get a free imix adaptor out of it!

:D

Exactly, so we can't call/claim it EXACTLY THE SAME then.

Even though 350 tip available for after market, But rarely ordered by clubmakers. This shaft was build to accommodate OEM request, which lots of warranty replacement were mostly send back to OEM repair dept instead of clubmakers, especially looking at the pricing.

Sure they are not EXACTLY the same, but the playing characteristics are pretty much identical....

Sure one can argue that .335 feels a bit different than .350...but it's so minimal it's not worth talking about for 99.9% of golfers.

Note: We are not talking about "made for " versions like the Titliest Voodoo/Blueboard vs. the REAL Voodoo/Blueboard....we are talking about the SAME shaft with different tip od.

The larger point in this thread being that the Fubuki 63 (the real deal...not a "made for " shaft) is only going to be $129 in Imix flavor.

Which is a STEAL!

And the only reason it's going to be so cheap is because it is a STOCK offering in their glued drivers.

If it wasn't a STOCK offering, it'd be $300 like the other Mitsui shafts are.

The price is not a reflection on the shaft quality, it's just simply a result of logistics.

No one here is talking about the quality. I won't talk about the construction and engineering side of this which will lead to a fiction than fact.

Again...As of playing characteristic, I'll leave it up to the players due to SUBJECTIVE individual opinions. At the end of the day a better feel golf club is the one safe our score IMO.

Again...I'm all for the cheaper. It's more business opportunity for me.

So I 200% agree a STEAL!

As expected, one answer came in from Callaway:

Joe,

Our only option is in a .350 tip 63gr. Sorry about that.

JM

I'm still waiting on a complete answer from Mitsubishi on the specs which My suspicion will be different since they are 350 tip version. For sure the non Tour don't have the MDT technology in it, I'm not sure on the tour version, still waiting for an answer on that one.

As expected, one answer came in from Callaway:

Joe,

Our only option is in a .350 tip 63gr. Sorry about that.

JM

I'm still waiting on a complete answer from Mitsubishi on the specs which My suspicion will be different since they are 350 tip version. For sure the non Tour don't have the MDT technology in it, I'm not sure on the tour version, still waiting for an answer on that one.

I just got off the phone with Mitsubishi Rayon. No difference other than the tip size. :beruo: