2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

FT-9 Tour iMix and Fubuki 63

eyezlee

Good for you guys.

I'm still waiting for my last question about the specs differences between 350 and 335 tip.

Between tour one and Non tour, they are very different in specs for sure and no MDT technology.

So for good for you who don't think there is any different between 335 and 350 tip. To bad for you guys who think there is a different, especially if there are any differences in specs too.

As long as the performance result is what you are looking, that price would be worth it to spend definitely.

Joe,

You are definitely the master when it comes to club building, so your thoughts are always highly regarded. What would the differences really be between a 335 and 350 tip if they are both made by Mitsubishi and are "real" shafts and not made for the OEM? I've played a Mitsubishi in both tip sizes and didn't notice a difference. Granted I'm only a weekend golfer with a 4 handicap, but would a 335 tip shimmed to fit a 350 hosel (for example in a Ping Rapture) play differently than a 350 tip without a shim?

Just curious...

Kevin

You should read all my posts from the top again and you should find my opinions on your question which again and again i said that IT'S SUBJECTIVE to the individual. Good for you if you THINK there is no different.

I just can't use the words EXACT SAME One when i know just the tip size along is NOT the same, despite how the performance result is. To me the definition of EXACTLY THE SAME is EXACTLY THE SAME.

Good for me also that I can sale more :)

Joe, could you tell me if this shaft says x5ct or g4t like the other i mix shafts?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add me to the list. I just placed my order for a Fubuki 63 in X flex. Total price of $138.03 delivered in 6-10 business days. Now I need to find a head. Can't decide if I should go for the FT-9 at $299 or save some cash and buy an FT-5 at $119. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for the info!!!

Kevin

:welcomeani: The FT-9/Fubuki combo is starting a WRX cult following!!!

Bout time Cally gets some recognition, wouldn't surprise me if they did this whole Fubuki thing as long term plan. If an R9 TP is worth 800 with a 'real' whiteboard, next gen Fubuki with killer FT9 TOur loft for jsut over half, and can reshaft at will....I think it's one of best deals out there...and tell me FT9 head with Fubuki isn't a killer combo...mughahahahaha...thanks Callaway

Do some searches, most find what I did when comparing on range side by side:

FT9 longer, flatter flight, workable, hit anywhere on face without much ball speed loss...and that sound, it's perfect for a metal wood. FT5 is really cheap though...in long run, it's likely about $150 difference, so is up to 20 yards or so worth it?

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

Good for you guys.

I'm still waiting for my last question about the specs differences between 350 and 335 tip.

Between tour one and Non tour, they are very different in specs for sure and no MDT technology.

So for good for you who don't think there is any different between 335 and 350 tip. To bad for you guys who think there is a different, especially if there are any differences in specs too.

As long as the performance result is what you are looking, that price would be worth it to spend definitely.

Joe,

You are definitely the master when it comes to club building, so your thoughts are always highly regarded. What would the differences really be between a 335 and 350 tip if they are both made by Mitsubishi and are "real" shafts and not made for the OEM? I've played a Mitsubishi in both tip sizes and didn't notice a difference. Granted I'm only a weekend golfer with a 4 handicap, but would a 335 tip shimmed to fit a 350 hosel (for example in a Ping Rapture) play differently than a 350 tip without a shim?

Just curious...

Kevin

You should read all my posts from the top again and you should find my opinions on your question which again and again i said that IT'S SUBJECTIVE to the individual. Good for you if you THINK there is no different.

I just can't use the words EXACT SAME One when i know just the tip size along is NOT the same, despite how the performance result is. To me the definition of EXACTLY THE SAME is EXACTLY THE SAME.

Good for me also that I can sale more :)

Joe, could you tell me if this shaft says x5ct or g4t like the other i mix shafts?

x5ct

Again, the noticeable different physically is 350 tip and 5grm heavier static weight (69-70 versus 64-65 in S flex ). My opinion the 350 tip will play firmer, especially at impact.

Ok now, I hate to do this but I do what i have to do i guess.

I just weight the 350 tip S flex 63 a pulled shaft from a FTiQ and from my calculation base on this, the static weight of this shaft is around 69-70 gr at least when it's uncut NEW, Versus the normal standard 63 S flex uncut is around 64-65 gr.

BTW, For all of you in this thread who need to order this shaft in an Imix set up...you can email me and I'll give you a drop ship price straight from Callaway, I'll guaranty you that i will give a special pricing compare to what already mentioned here in this thread.

But please, serious inquiry only!

THX

Joe

How do you calculate static weight of a new uncut shaft based on weighing one pulled from an IQ? Wouldn't the thicker tip alone account for the 3-4g difference? Also, wouldn't a .350 untipped feel similar to a tipped .335 at impact?

Ok now, I hate to do this but I do what i have to do i guess.

I just weight the 350 tip S flex 63 a pulled shaft from a FTiQ and from my calculation base on this, the static weight of this shaft is around 69-70 gr at least when it's uncut NEW, Versus the normal standard 63 S flex uncut is around 64-65 gr.

BTW, For all of you in this thread who need to order this shaft in an Imix set up...you can email me and I'll give you a drop ship price straight from Callaway, I'll guaranty you that i will give a special pricing compare to what already mentioned here in this thread.

But please, serious inquiry only!

THX

Joe

How do you calculate static weight of a new uncut shaft based on weighing one pulled from an IQ? Wouldn't the thicker tip alone account for the 3-4g difference? Also, wouldn't a .350 untipped feel similar to a tipped .335 at impact?

Again, the cut pulled are about 1.5 inch short compare to new at around 67gr already on my digital scale, that is why i said at least 69-70 if it new uncut.

Again IMO Not the same FEEL. If any one here think they are the same, so be it! No arguments!

Go ahead ask the assembly guy to put it on the scale or I can take a picture on my scale if any body need to see it.

Add me to the list. I just placed my order for a Fubuki 63 in X flex. Total price of $138.03 delivered in 6-10 business days. Now I need to find a head. Can't decide if I should go for the FT-9 at $299 or save some cash and buy an FT-5 at $119. Decisions, decisions....

Thanks for the info!!!

Kevin

:welcomeani: The FT-9/Fubuki combo is starting a WRX cult following!!!

Yes it is. I'm currently hitting an Adams 9015d and like it. But as a "ho" it's hard to pass up something like this. I figure if I don't like the combo of the Fubuki / FT-9 I shouldn't lose my arse if I sell or trade it (like I would if I bought a new TM driver :rolleyes: ).

I've not had an I-Mix setup, but am excited about the prospects of trying different shafts without having to visit my local club maker and paying $15 or more each time I want to change the shaft.

Kevin

Let me get this right...

You can order the Fubuki Tour 63 I-Mix shaft 350 tip only, pull it out of the I-Mix adapter YES, If you know what you are doing, and install in any .350 club you want?Correct And you can order that shaft untipped? MAYBE, I just called them and ask if it possible. The Custom dept guy didn't answer my phone call, he is probably busy.

I'll post some more info when I heard some more answer.

Great news Joe! Does this apply to all orders placed for i-mix heads at Cally's website or just orders we place through you? :) Because I just checked my order status (for an Ft-9 head placed a few days ago) and it still says backordered.

I'm not sure about that, because i have no idea how the system goes for internet order.

I know for sure I can talk to my guy and ask him pretty much anything i need including rushing some important orders if i need one.

Hope that ease up your pain! :)

Joe

Joe,

Not sure if it's possible, but figured if anybody knew it was you.

I'm looking for a lefty FT9 tour, but the only loft available is 9.5*.

And with 1* open, at impact the loft will be too low for my initial launch. (generally about 8.9* if my calculations are correct)

I'm looking for something around 10* @ impact that sits either square, or slightly open.

Any options for me? E.g. Shim open a 9* non-tour, etc?

And the big kicker, if something along those lines can be done, can it be done in Imix flavor?

Thanks

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Joe,

And with 1* open, at impact the loft will be too low for my initial launch. (generally about 8.9* if my calculations are correct)

I'm looking for something around 10* @ impact that sits either square, or slightly open.

And the big kicker, if something along those lines can be done, can it be done in Imix flavor?

Thanks

It's all depends on your tendency when you are looking at your LM data. Base on your info and my assumption is that you need this to be on the higher side of it...The 10.5 with slight open face would be perfect.

Bare in mind that ordering retail stuff with direct shipping is impossible for me to control and hand pick the head for you, especially on the IMIX version. As of customization is not a big deal for me providing we can pick the right component for me to have room tweaking here and there a bit.

But, yet, the more consistent you can produce your swing, the more critical this customization will be...other than that you just need to go by tendency when you hit good shots and bad shots.

joe

You dang guys just cost me $457.98!!! Hagan at Callaway just processed my order for a FT-9 I-Mix 9.5* N with a Fubuki 63. I thought it was kinda strange having to pay state tax on an internet order.....no big deal. He said the head would go out ASAP but the shaft would be a few days later.

TSR3 10 Ventus TR Black 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Ventus TR Blue 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

I was at Joes shop earlier today and asked him to show me the weight difference between the Callaway proprietorship Fubuki tour shaft and the real retail 335 tip Fubuki. We calculated the exact difference was 7 grams between the two which I witnessed this myself. Judge it yourself if seven grams is going to affect your way of swinging the club or not! Goodluck.

[size=3]Taylormade M5- Oban Kiyoshi White 75 O5[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M1 - Kuro Kage 70x [/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Utility 19.5 degree [/size][size=3]- C Taper Lite X[/size]
[size=3]4-PW Srixon Z765 - Modus3 125x [/size]
[size=3]King Pur Wedges 52, 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Custom by Kia Ma Taylormade Daytona 

Joe,

Thanks

It's all depends on your tendency when you are looking at your LM data. Base on your info and my assumption is that you need this to be on the higher side of it...The 10.5 with slight open face would be perfect.

Bare in mind that ordering retail stuff with direct shipping is impossible for me to control and hand pick the head for you, especially on the IMIX version. As of customization is not a big deal for me providing we can pick the right component for me to have room tweaking here and there a bit.

But, yet, the more consistent you can produce your swing, the more critical this customization will be...other than that you just need to go by tendency when you hit good shots and bad shots.

joe

Thanks for the reply Joe.

The varience in my numbers on the trackman or flightscope is quite minimal, and my swing is quite consistant.

My last lm session put me into a Rapture V2 (digitally lofted at 10*) with blueboard as it gave me the best combination of numbers, feel and flight charteristics. (159-160 ballspeed/13.2* launch/2800rpm/41ish*AOD/slight fade) +/- minimal amounts.

I could get slightly better spin numbers with a different shaft (e.g. Whiteboard/PL Red) but wanted to keep my vertical launch high and LOVE the "feel" of the blueboard, so they are out since number improvements are too minimal to sacrifice "feel."

That and my clubface dispertion is pretty tight when I have a blueboard in my hand....so I'm sold that it's the right shaft for me.

However as much as I love the V2 I do admit the FT9 head "felt" best to me.

But the lack of 10.5* Tour in Left handed kept the "driver ho/tinker-er" in me at bay.

However if there was a way to "make" a FT9 that sat square/slightly open and had similar loft* impact charteristics of my 10* dead square V2 in IMix flavor I'd be open to experimenting.

But it doesn't really sound like it's possible unless we do some serious voodoo to the club!

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Joe,

Thanks

joe

Thanks for the reply Joe.

The varience in my numbers on the trackman or flightscope is quite minimal, and my swing is quite consistant.

My last lm session put me into a Rapture V2 (digitally lofted at 10*) with blueboard as it gave me the best combination of numbers, feel and flight charteristics. (159-160 ballspeed/13.2* launch/2800rpm/41ish*AOD/slight fade) +/- minimal amounts.

I could get slightly better spin numbers with a different shaft (e.g. Whiteboard/PL Red) but wanted to keep my vertical launch high and LOVE the "feel" of the blueboard, so they are out since number improvements are too minimal to sacrifice "feel."

That and my clubface dispertion is pretty tight when I have a blueboard in my hand....so I'm sold that it's the right shaft for me.

However as much as I love the V2 I do admit the FT9 head "felt" best to me.

But the lack of 10.5* Tour in Left handed kept the "driver ho/tinker-er" in me at bay.

However if there was a way to "make" a FT9 that sat square/slightly open and had similar loft* impact charteristics of my 10* dead square V2 in IMix flavor I'd be open to experimenting.

But it doesn't really sound like it's possible unless we do some serious voodoo to the club!

Or make a friend in the tour dept and hand pick what ever you like ;)

You dang guys just cost me $457.98!!! Hagan at Callaway just processed my order for a FT-9 I-Mix 9.5* N with a Fubuki 63. I thought it was kinda strange having to pay state tax on an internet order.....no big deal. He said the head would go out ASAP but the shaft would be a few days later.

Weird! I had just the opposite happen. I'm receiving the shaft on Friday and the head next week...

Its not shipping directly from Callaway but from one of their retailers which I found odd since I ordered direct from Callaway on the phone.

Anybody else getting this?

Well I ordered a FT-9 I-mix head on Feb 9th from Golfsmith and they said it would "ship from the manufacture" on the 24th. I still have not recieved any shipping information nor had my credit card been charged yet.

I ordered a Fubuki I-mix from Callaway early Monday afternoon and it shipped later that day. According to the tracking number they sent me it should be delivered on Friday.

Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/ Aldila Rouge Max 65S
Callaway BB 815 3-wood 14° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 665X
Callaway BB 815 hybrid 18° w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 865X
Titleist T-MB 3 & 4 irons w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist 716 CB 5-PW w/ DG AMT Tour Issue X100
Titleist SM6 52.08 and 58.04 w/ DG AMT Tour IssueX100
SC Select Newport 35" w/ Super Stroke Pistol GT
Bushnell Tour X / Garmin G8

Well I ordered a FT-9 I-mix head on Feb 9th from Golfsmith and they said it would "ship from the manufacture" on the 24th. I still have not recieved any shipping information nor had my credit card been charged yet.

I ordered a Fubuki I-mix from Callaway early Monday afternoon and it shipped later that day. According to the tracking number they sent me it should be delivered on Friday.

Call Golfsmith on this...they did this once to me and never told me about the delay. It took two months. They sent me a $25 gift card.

Guys,

For you who have any questions with me regarding any Callaway IMIX other than pricing, please post it here as much as possible.

I will do my best to answer it or I'm sure other could chime in also.

BTW, I hope I didn't missed any emails today regarding pricing and order. Don't hesitate to yell at me again from my email if I do/did. :)

Let see if this thread can show some passion from you guys Callaway fans. I would love to see this thread to go a miles...even just for the sake of questions and answers or share some experiences.

This type of thread is really good to clear up some stuff that you guys need to know the in and out about particular stuff that you are interested in before making a move to purchase. I'm glad we can have some exchange opinions and be open minded about it.

Again try to use my email instead of PM for quotation. It's easier for me to track it down. [email protected]

Happy golfing!

Joe

I am curious about the .350 tip diameter fubuki shaft and FT9 imix head vs. the Ft9 (.335 head????)... Does that provide more stability at impact? Is that stability at the cost of workability/feel? Is that the tradeoff with these imix clubs? If you spend approx $4-5 hundy you get an Imix with a 350 with less workability and a great shaft, and if you spend $9 hundy you get more workability/feel with a shaft that is similar to the 350 sans 7 grams????

I am confused..... :beruo:

B.T.W. I saw the Ft-9 at the golf store and it is a gooooood looking driver. If I can figure out the benefits of the imix it could be an option.

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

I am curious about the .350 tip diameter fubuki shaft and FT9 imix head vs. the Ft9 (.335 head????)... Does that provide more stability at impact? Is that stability at the cost of workability/feel? Is that the tradeoff with these imix clubs? If you spend approx $4-5 hundy you get an Imix with a 350 with less workability and a great shaft, and if you spend $9 hundy you get more workability/feel with a shaft that is similar to the 350 sans 7 grams????

I was confused as well, so i had Joe K. build me an imix with a .335 shaft :partytime2: . This can be done if you really want something specific. Here is a whiteboard in my imix driver, notice the Ion coating and flowerband (sorry for the poor pics).

waywt291.jpg

waywt301.jpg

It depends on the type of players. Some players swing style make them love to have some rigidity and don't care about FEEL and some completely a FEEL player who like to have some softness for better feedback.......

It's just some of us are just to sensitive with how we build their specs with, including my self. :)

IE: For my gamer, I like to have my shaft static weight around 65-70 for my driver, medium tip stiff to a between medium to real tip stiff usually work well depending shaft weight, the lighter the shaft... the more i can handle tip stiff ( better loading due to increase a little speed and higher torque on lighter shafts ). Torque between 3.0-3.5 is the most comfortable for me. I like 600-620 butt size that have enough taper shape to hit which give me a better feel on my right hand. If the butt is a parallel shape, I like to stay 600 butt at most. I plays between s and x flex 45" ( lenght to me it's critical for my timing and tempo ), so need to tip properly according to the tip design. So it's critical to get the right flex and feel for me when it comes to tipping. D 3 sw is my most comfortable for through out the round for better feel when i get tired towards the 18th holes. I use the swing weight feel to be able to feel where my club is to kept my ball in play and focus on my contact. These are my weekly gamer set up...the more i play and practise, I usually go up my static shaft weight up to 75gr for better control...I'm not worry about my distance :) ..................YET! :)

Now, How crazy is that? LMAO!

Now you guys know why i have OCD! :D

I was confused as well, so i had Joe K. build me an imix with a .335 shaft :partytime2: . This can be done if you really want something specific. Here is a whiteboard in my imix driver, notice the Ion coating and flowerband (sorry for the poor pics).

Wow, you make me proud that you still keep that in play!

:good: