Colorado WRX

Comments

• masamitsumasamitsu Members Posts: 2,485 ✭✭
    I have not used Gott golf but a co-worker just got fitted for irons and is very pleased. so much so I was thinking about getting fitted for a driver from them.

As far as playing, I'm pretty much out every weekend (I'm a member at Heritage Eagle Bend) but would be willing to play elsewhere.
    Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
    Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
    Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    edited Apr 27, 2012 #153
    Anybody in northern colorado want to meet up at the Ping Demo Day at Southridge Golf Course in Fort Collins

it's on May 2nd so next Wednesday
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • pseudoswedepseudoswede Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
    edited Apr 30, 2012 #154
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end."

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping S56 3-PW (purple dot)
    Ping Glide 52°, 56°, 60° (purple dot)
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)
  • MileHiMileHi Members Posts: 204
    Good timing - I was just out trying putters today since mine turned on me on Saturday. Been meaning to get fit instead of just buying them on a whim as I usually do.
  • hattrick3518hattrick3518 Jr. Boomers Posts: 2,022
    joshn08 wrote:

Anybody in northern colorado want to meet up at the Ping Demo Day at Southridge Golf Course in Fort Collins

it's on May 2nd so next Wednesday

What time is it? I've got a final at 8am, but would be up to go out in the afternoon. I would love to hit the i20 line.
    It's from 3pm to 6pm this wednesday
    Josh: Wish I could make it.. Looking for a new driver. Reminds me, need to check on Demos in my area.
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    ya I can't wait till tomorrow. found out my dad has a gift card to the superstore that is $200 and he isn't going to use it so I might have a new driver soon or some new irons.
    Anyone here ever played Red Rocks Country Club? My folks are coming to town and have access to it through some reciprocal deal, don't know much about it though. The slope and rating aren't especially impressive, but with the location I'm assuming Arrowhead-style views at least?
    I have not but my wife has (part of Sassy Golf here in Denver). I'll ask her about it tonight.
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    Looks like Glenmoor is on the list as well, haven't played that either, though I've heard it's pretty nice.
    If anybody goes to the PGA Superstore soon you can get Srixon Z Star Tour Only balls (tour quality balls) for $19.99 a box. They are better than the Z Star XV balls which is their top of the line.
    Thanks Josh. I might have to check it out, I got a gift card I need to use. Do you know if these are available in yellow?
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
    no only white. I looked for that also and was disappointed since I play the yellow balls usually. But you can't beat Z Star XVs for $20
  • whitembwhitemb Members Posts: 277
    MileHi wrote:

Looks like Glenmoor is on the list as well, haven't played that either, though I've heard it's pretty nice.

I haven't played RRCC since the remodel, but I've heard that it is pretty nice. Played a tourney at Glenmoor last year and the course was short-ish with some blind holes and some that felt like they were squeezed into the available land, but it was a pleasant layout and in very nice condition.
    Excited to go to the range tomorrow. Re-gripped my dad's old 975J driver and am going to hit it. Used to love this driver and he said I could have it plus his newer hybrid (2010 I think).
    I don't think I've ever given Srixon a shot - what would you compare them to? I did buy a couple of dozen Nike One Tour D from Golfsmith for $18/dz last month, that was a great deal. I'll play about any good players ball for most rounds if there is a good deal, but prefer Prov1x when it counts.

Ended up not playing either club, and stuck with Riverdale Dunes and Murphy Creek instead, a couple of my favorites. Dunes was in its usual great shape but the greens were slow, opposite of Murphy which I thought was in a little worse shape than recent years, but the greens were lightning fast and lots of fun.
    edited May 7, 2012 #169
    First round with the new golf league (and second 18-hole round this season). Played the front-nine well at Saddle Rock, then the wheels came off and exploded on the back-nine. To add insult to injury, I threw my golf bag into the trunk and shut it--then remembered my wallet and car keys were still in the bag. Oh well.

Looking forward to the two-day tourney at Red Hawk Ridge in two weeks.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    joshn08 wrote:

If anybody goes to the PGA Superstore soon you can get Srixon Z Star Tour Only balls (tour quality balls) for $19.99 a box. They are better than the Z Star XV balls which is their top of the line.

Hopefully they still have some available on Wednesday when I have to drive up towards downtown. Thanks!

I have a $50 gift card to Golfsmith, but this price is too good to pass up.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    MileHi wrote:

I don't think I've ever given Srixon a shot - what would you compare them to? I did buy a couple of dozen Nike One Tour D from Golfsmith for $18/dz last month, that was a great deal. I'll play about any good players ball for most rounds if there is a good deal, but prefer Prov1x when it counts.

Ended up not playing either club, and stuck with Riverdale Dunes and Murphy Creek instead, a couple of my favorites. Dunes was in its usual great shape but the greens were slow, opposite of Murphy which I thought was in a little worse shape than recent years, but the greens were lightning fast and lots of fun.

I personally think the Z Stars and the Z Star XV are better than the ProV1/V1x. Everyone I talk to think that Srixon is the best ball maker today and I personally agree with them.

First round with the new golf league (and second 18-hole round this season). Played the front-nine well at Saddle Rock, then the wheels came off and exploded on the back-nine. To add insult to injury, I threw my golf bag into the trunk and shut it--then remembered my wallet and car keys were still in the bag. Oh well.

Dude, that's sucks!! Overall, what did you think about the club?
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,352 ✭✭
    Srixons are great, and insanely durable too!
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • whitembwhitemb Members Posts: 277
    edited May 7, 2012 #174

Sorry man. I've done that a couple times myself in tourneys at SR ... 10, 11, 16 and 18 can be round-wreckers.
    edited May 7, 2012 #175
    masamitsu wrote:

Overall, what did you think about the club?

If you mean club as in golf league, it's pretty fun. Seems like a fun group of guys with a wide variety of handicaps (0.5 to 32). Many also seem to be members of other clubs (Black Bear, Castle Pines, Westwood, etc.).

We had 17 players (I've been told they normally field 20-30 players per event) split into two flights.

Paid top three net per flight (I think it's $50/$25/$10), one prize for low gross, as well as $20 (per hole) for closest to the pin. $10 additional entry fee for skins, birdie pool, and closest net score to par ("most honest"). The guys also seem to do additional side bets with each other.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • wfwpwfwp ClubWRX Posts: 467 ClubWRX
    Denver

How about 36 at the Riverdale courses
    wfwp wrote:

How about 36 at the Riverdale courses

The golf league I'm is doing both on June 9. Can't wait.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    joshn08 wrote:

For those wondering, PGA Tour Superstore says they still have a lot in stock. I just called and had four dozen put on hold for me to pick up on Saturday.

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
    edited May 11, 2012 #179

For those wondering, PGA Tour Superstore says they still have a lot in stock. I just called and had four dozen put on hold for me to pick up on Saturday.

Their definition of "a lot" is questionable. Was able to stop by today, and they maybe had 20 dozen left. I ended up buying five dozen. Here is what the box looks like (sorry for the pink hue, it's actually just white).
    Post edited by Unknown User on

--Unknown

Ping G LS Tec 9° 65X
    Ping Redwood Piper S 34"
  • hattrick3518hattrick3518 Jr. Boomers Posts: 2,022
    Hoping to play 27 tomorrow, but we'll see what the weather does.
    Anyone want to play next Sunday (may 20). My course is hosting a tourney and only afternoon tee time are available.
    Titleist 4i AMT S300
    Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
    Carbon Ringo 1/4