Tiger's Putter Specs

bsteven43

• 3 months later...

From SC

Tiger's putter is 35.25" finished (gripped), 70* lie and 4* of loft. The putter is made from German stainless steel or GSS.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 11 months later...

It is 35.25" with a D7 swing weight which equate to about 335 grams, 70* and 4* loft, Pingman blacked out grip.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Yes, TW's putter has a site dot. Also, there were stampings for his initials on his original putter but those were welded over when his putter was reconditioned a couple of years ago.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

• 6 months later...

OK, anyone know Tigers true putter specs? I have read and heard so many things over time and was just wondering. Thanks

Callaway AI Smoke Max 9* w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Callaway AI Smoke Max 3 Wood w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Callaway AI Smoke Max 5 Wood w/Ventus Blue Velocore<br />Artisan Prototype Irons 4-PW w/KBS Tour FLT 120 (1 of 1) <br />Artisan "MT" 50*<br />Artisan "MT" 56* w/TW 54* Sole<br />Artisan "MT" 60*<br />Artisan TX Proto Putter<br />TM TP5X

Do a search on the site and you should find out from one of the Tiger-fanatics. However, I am pretty sure that the head weight is around 340. I would also be shocked if the putter had lead tape on it...Scotty would mill it out exactly how he wants it w/out having to add tape to it.

Just a correction, I think I read somewhere that Tiger's loft is 3.75 degrees.

Tiger has lead tape on it. So it's time to be shocked.

Obviously the weight Cameron made the putter head did not suit Tiger. Neither did the grip (Tiger prefers Ping). As late as 2007, it was the guys from Mitchell and not Cameron who was fixing his loft and lie.

So Cameron can't get the headweight right, doesn't have a suitable grip, and isn't the one who adjust's Tiger's putter. In essence, Tiger is putting with a heavily modified Cameron that won't be honored with a warranty by the Studio since it has been altered.

And contrary to urband legend, Cameron cannot mill a putter to make it heavier, since milling it will make it lighter. Hence, the lead tape by Tiger.

Do a search on the site and you should find out from one of the Tiger-fanatics. However, I am pretty sure that the head weight is around 340. I would also be shocked if the putter had lead tape on it...Scotty would mill it out exactly how he wants it w/out having to add tape to it.

Obviously the weight Cameron made the putter head did not suit Tiger. Neither did the grip (Tiger prefers Ping). As late as 2007, it was the guys from Mitchell and not Cameron who was fixing his loft and lie.

So Cameron can't get the headweight right, doesn't have a suitable grip, and isn't the one who adjust's Tiger's putter. In essence, Tiger is putting with a heavily modified Cameron that won't be honored with a warranty by the Studio since it has been altered.

And contrary to urband legend, Cameron cannot mill a putter to make it heavier, since milling it will make it lighter. Hence, the lead tape by Tiger.

Great insight Jick, sounds like it is no longer a Cameron. Tiger should just have Mitchell weld over Scotty Cameron and stamp it Mitching for a combination of Mitchell and Ping.

Hey Jick if someone adds a sterring wheel cover to a Mercedes and has the oil changed at Jiffy Lube, is the automobile no longer a Mercededs?

The lengths this Jick guy goes to spew his Cameron Hatorade.

Thats funny Jick :russian_roulette: ;) ;) :haha: :haha:

He puts anywhere from 0-4 pieces of lead tape on the bottom depending on the speed of the greens and how he is feeling that day.

Contrary to Jick's belief that Cameron cannot make the putter to Tiger's specs, every green is different and people feel different an a daily basis. This is why people buy a putter one day thinking that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then a week later, they are back in the golf shop looking for a new putter.

Hey Jick, I noticed that you are playing a Ping Redwood, Do you think the Redwood would be on the market if Cameron was never around? JAT

Tour issue Aeroburner TP 10.5* Diamana D+ 70x
SLDR 15* & 19* Diamana blueboard 83x
Adams Red 20* Ozik x
Macgregor Pro-C 4 Iron X100
Macgregor Pro-M 5-PW X100
Callaway Forged Copper 54 & 60*
Scotty Cameron Classic black Newport 2 34"

He does have lead tape on the sole. See the pics in the thread linked below. They were taken from some Asian golf magazines.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...c=160649&hl

Great insight Jick, sounds like it is no longer a Cameron. Tiger should just have Mitchell weld over Scotty Cameron and stamp it Mitching for a combination of Mitchell and Ping.

Hey Jick if someone adds a sterring wheel cover to a Mercedes and has the oil changed at Jiffy Lube, is the automobile no longer a Mercededs?

Mitching! That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

If Tiger would send in his putter to the Cameron studio, he wouldn't get an "A" authentication, that's for sure. Tiger's putter would have "aftermarket alterations".

He puts anywhere from 0-4 pieces of lead tape on the bottom depending on the speed of the greens and how he is feeling that day.

Contrary to Jick's belief that Cameron cannot make the putter to Tiger's specs, every green is different and people feel different an a daily basis. This is why people buy a putter one day thinking that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread, then a week later, they are back in the golf shop looking for a new putter.

Hey Jick, I noticed that you are playing a Ping Redwood, Do you think the Redwood would be on the market if Cameron was never around? JAT

It is not my belief that Cameron cannot make a putter to Tiger's specs. This is a statement both Tiger and Cameron have made in the past - that Cameron has made so many backup putters for Tiger but none ever came up the same as his gamer. The last statement from Tiger in a Nike press event a couple of years back is that his backup is now a Nike putter. Perhaps it must have been frustration boiling over Cameron's inability to build a putter to Tiger's specs which by the way I can now try to summarize (but nothing is absolute yet) for those who are in this thread:

Loft: 3.75 degrees

Length: 35.25 inches

Headweight: 330 grams plus undisclosed amount of leadtape

Grip: Pingman, not the blackout model but the standard model blacked out with a sharpie.

Grip size: Does anyone know how many wraps he puts under his grip?

Shaft: I don't really know. Can someone elaborate?

Lie: 70 (or is it 71) degrees

Mitching! That's one of the funniest things I've read in a while.

If Tiger would send in his putter to the Cameron studio, he wouldn't get an "A" authentication, that's for sure. Tiger's putter would have "aftermarket alterations".

It is not my belief that Cameron cannot make a putter to Tiger's specs. This is a statement both Tiger and Cameron have made in the past - that Cameron has made so many backup putters for Tiger but none ever came up the same as his gamer. The last statement from Tiger in a Nike press event a couple of years back is that his backup is now a Nike putter. Perhaps it must have been frustration boiling over Cameron's inability to build a putter to Tiger's specs which by the way I can now try to summarize (but nothing is absolute yet) for those who are in this thread:

Loft: 3.75 degrees

Length: 35.25 inches

Headweight: 330 grams plus undisclosed amount of leadtape

Grip: Pingman, not the blackout model but the standard model blacked out with a sharpie.

Grip size: Does anyone know how many wraps he puts under his grip?

Shaft: I don't really know. Can someone elaborate?

Lie: 70 (or is it 71) degrees

I wish I was a Cameron insider or was in the Tiger camp so I could get this information first hand like you must be. I think the almighty dollar might have something to do with Tiger saying his back up is a Nike. I guess that is the best thing Nike can come up with to help ease the frustation they must feel in not being able to knock the Cameron out of Tiger's bag even though they must have spent hundreds of thousands trying to do so. I guess being the bridesmaid is better than nothing.

P.S. There are many Cameron's with an A coa that have a non Cameron grip.

So what Tiger puts lead tape on his putter. I do the same thing as to many people. bunana3 is correct that many people add/remove lead tape to enhance feel for the day and the greens they are putting on. Also, Tiger prefers a Pingman grip and has used it for years. He did use a Cameron pebble grip on his Newport TeI3 gamer he won the 1997 Masters with. That gamer was used for a very short time as he turned professional. I believe his gamers while professional were a Ping Anser 2, Cameron Newport TeI3, and his current Cameron Newport 2. By the way, Scotty Cameron puts on the Pingman grip for Tiger and does so each year.

I guarantee one thing, Scotty Cameron could make a putter to the exact gram for anyone, Tiger notwithstanding. Tiger prefers a certain base weight and that is what he gets from Scotty. If it weren't for his Nike contract, I wonder what his real backup would be. All this speculation about the demise of Cameron and Tiger's putters is baseless and borders on ridiculous. JAT.

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Tiger used a Ping Anser 2 during his junior and college days.

The Ping has a 305 gram head weight.

I presume that when Tiger turned pro he asked Titleist (Cameron) to make him a putter as close as possible to the Ping Anser 2.

My guess is that Tiger's Cameron head weight is 305 to 315 grams.

Does anyone know Tiger's specs for the four main variables? Length, head weight, lie and loft?

My newly wed wife and I are considering joining a country club. Her parents and grandparents are long standing members, otherwise it wouldn't be a consideration at this point. We are fairly young to join a club like this, however there are advantages. They have a great golf course, good pool and brand new tennis facilities. We would get a great deal of usage out of it, especially the golf!!

They currently offer a 40% discounted initiation fee for legacy members, which she would qualify us for. And we could split that over 10 years increments. No discount on the monthly fees, but they are doable and we could cut out our monthly gym fees and since I love golf and play as much as I can, it would be great to have a home course.

Does anyone have any experience and advice in this area? Are all memberships pretty similar, I am sure each club does things differently. What questions should I ask, what should I look out for?

Yonex ezone 380 10* Rexis M-1 shaft
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 15.5* Miyazaki
Cleveland Mashie hybrid 20.5* Miyazaki
Ping S56 4-9 Nippon 950 steel shaft
Ping Gorge 47*, 52* ,56* Nippon 950
KZG 100% milled center shaft putter

Tiger used a Ping Anser 2 during his junior and college days.

The Ping has a 305 gram head weight.

I presume that when Tiger turned pro he asked Titleist (Cameron) to make him a putter as close as possible to the Ping Anser 2.

My guess is that Tiger's Cameron head weight is 305 to 315 grams.

Tiger's gamer head weight has been reported on many sites to be 330g, 35 inches, 71 degree lie and 4 degree loft. It has been mentioned here that the loft may be 3.75 degrees. I definitely do not believe that Tiger's gamer is in the low 300 gram area. I do know someone who has actually held Tiger's gamer in his own hands and he knows putters and Cameron putters. If Tiger's gamer was 305-315 grams then he would have definitely noticed that and mentioned that.