Fantasy Football Playoffs Thread....discuss!

GooseHookGooseHook Keep it FraicheMembers Posts: 11,670 ✭✭
For the majority, the hour is upon us. Post your discussions, predictions, and questions here. I'll start:

It's down to three RBs to fill my RB2 and FLX slots. Who'd you take out of these? My initial order of choices is below:

1. Danny Woodhead (vs. NYG)

2. Steven Jackson (vs. GB)

3. Pierre Thomas (vs. CAR)

Woodhead and Jackson are going against subpar defenses. Jackson is healthy, and with Atlanta out of the chase, it looks like Rogers will be getting less of the workload for the Falcons. However, Thomas is likely to bounce back, with a home game...even against a tough defense.

What say you?
M4 9.5°, Green Mamba 70TX
Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
Nippon Modus 125x
EVNROLL ER3
Z-Star XV
Lead Tape

Comments

• blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    I would take Jackson against GB. He put up decent points last week. Woodhead may get a few carries and a couple passes and has done well in PPR leagues.

I need help!!! My choices for WR (non PPR) are A. Johnson, Decker, Garcon, or Hartline. RB are Gore, Matthews, Miller (Miami), and Tate. Right now I have Johnson and Decker and Gore, Matthews, and Tate at Flex.
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,670 ✭✭
    edited Dec 3, 2013 #3
    Johnson/Decker, IMO, is an easy decision. Keep them both in- Johnson is going up against Jacksonville and Decker against Tennessee.

I'm not sure about Tate. He's not putting up good yardage, and competes for redzone touches against Miller and Lynch. Check the waiver wire and see what's available!

edit: my bad, thought you meant Golden Tate.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• WilliamTigheWilliamTighe Members Posts: 342
    As a giants fan, I like the way our defense is shaping up believe it or not. I didn't watch last nights game, how did thomas run?
    Titleist 910 d3 9.5
    Titleist 910 fd 13.5
    Titleist 913 h 17
    Mizuno MP 4 4-P
    TVD 54 M, 61K
    Newport 2 Midslant torched

As a giants fan, I like the way our defense is shaping up believe it or not. I didn't watch last nights game, how did thomas run?

The Saints didn't do anything last night, but the Seahawks were at home and pumped. ****, even Drew Brees only had 7 fantasy points.

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• itchyfingeritchyfinger Three-hun...Whaaaat? Daaang! Members Posts: 569
    I've had a decent run this year. 4-4 in my PPR leagues and 1-2 in Standard. Only missed the playoffs in the GolfWRX league......it was so bad in that league that I lost to someone who didn't set their roster.....SMH.

Of the players being discussed: Jackson vs GB should be a decent play. Andre/Decker/Garcon - I own those guys in my experts league and it's been lethal. I also have the Decker/Garcon/Jeffery combo in another league.

I would be careful with Thomas. In PPR he catches EVERYTHING but his TD's are scarce right now with Graham sucking them all up. At this point I would call him a low flex, but I put him ahead of Miller-woodhead-Mathews

Also careful with Tate - he's also dependent on TD's but doesn't catch near the balls a fantasy back needs to. But he is a solid flex.

In a must win in experts league I have to choose from this: Andre Johnson / Roddy White / Decker / Garcon / Michael Floyd / Keenan Allen / Golden Tate.....I also have Vereen / PT Cruiser / McCoy / Forte - Format: 2RB/2WR/TE/2flex - full point PPR.

I've had a decent run this year. 4-4 in my PPR leagues and 1-2 in Standard. Only missed the playoffs in the GolfWRX league......it was so bad in that league that I lost to someone who didn't set their roster.....SMH.

Of the players being discussed: Jackson vs GB should be a decent play. Andre/Decker/Garcon - I own those guys in my experts league and it's been lethal. I also have the Decker/Garcon/Jeffery combo in another league.

I would be careful with Thomas. In PPR he catches EVERYTHING but his TD's are scarce right now with Graham sucking them all up. At this point I would call him a low flex, but I put him ahead of Miller-woodhead-Mathews

Also careful with Tate - he's also dependent on TD's but doesn't catch near the balls a fantasy back needs to. But he is a solid flex.

In a must win in experts league I have to choose from this: Andre Johnson / Roddy White / Decker / Garcon / Michael Floyd / Keenan Allen / Golden Tate.....I also have Vereen / PT Cruiser / McCoy / Forte - Format: 2RB/2WR/TE/2flex - full point PPR.

I also have Donald Brown available, but Woodhead is somewhat similar to him and Cincy contained him well on Sunday. Colts are @ Cincy this week, so I'm not so sure.

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    Tate had a great week this week..100+ yards and 3 touchdowns. Not expecting the same output next week but he was solid last week and poo the week before.
  • itchyfingeritchyfinger Three-hun...Whaaaat? Daaang! Members Posts: 569
    blaird wrote:

Tate had a great week this week..100+ yards and 3 touchdowns. Not expecting the same output next week but he was solid last week and poo the week before.

Texans were better overall this week. He goes as the Texans go....or more specifically.....As Case goes. But I'm echoing your fears. I don't own him on any team, but that sporadic output scares me.
  • RJRJRJRJRJRJ Members Posts: 5,935 ✭✭
    Depends on PPR or not. PPR, Id put Thomas 2nd and Jackson 3rd.

Non PPR is more tough, since Woodhead and Thomas are so reliant on the pass.
    Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
    Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
    Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
    i20 4-UW
    Taylormade TM-110
    Cleveland CG14 56 & 60
    RJRJRJ wrote:

Depends on PPR or not. PPR, Id put Thomas 2nd and Jackson 3rd.

Non PPR is more tough, since Woodhead and Thomas are so reliant on the pass.

Non PPR- hence my reasoning.

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

• RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,157 ✭✭
    edited Dec 3, 2013 #12
    You wanna talk about lucky to survive week 1 of the playoffs? I was up 16 with no one left heading in to last night. My opponent had both Brees and Cameron Jordan... Yeah, I advanced. I owe the Legion of Boom at least a round of beers for that performance
    Finished 3rd in the league that ended this past week to get my buy-in back. 2 championship match-ups this week. In both, I have Foles and dropped RG3 last week and picked up players I thought opponents might be looking at. Doing it again this week, as I'm picking up QB's in both leagues to combat the lackluster QB's on my opponent's squad. In both, dropping Monte Ball and DaRick Rogers to pick up Cutler and Dalton. I'm still going to start Foles in both (most likely), but this prevents them from upgrading to the best available at the position. Might be stupid dropping Ball, but one opponent starts Moreno already and the other has him on the bench. No need going after handcuff's now for them. My big problem is, in one league, Fitz is one of the 2 WR's I'd ridden the last few weeks, and he faces the #1 team against WR's in Seattle. So I'm likely going to have to start Kendall Wright there.
    Jamaal and Edelman have taken me to the finals. Ill be facing the other toughest team in the league, so hopefully I can pull it off.
    Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
    i20 4-UW
    Taylormade TM-110
    Cleveland CG14 56 & 60
    Jamal Charles, Nick Foles and Eddie Lacy are my 3 work horses on one squad. Megatron, Eddie Lacy and Forte on my other squad.
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    I am in 10 money leagues and lucky enough this year to be in the finals in 6 of the leagues. Going to be a long Sunday waiting to see how i end up.
    I was in 4 and play FanDuel and FanThrowdown weekly. I've cleaned up on daily leagues
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    I have never tried those but i think i might next year. They seem fun and i like how you change change your line up each week.
  • dvdtdvdt Members Posts: 10,503 ✭✭
    I won

The regular season and made it to the Super Bowl on the backs of Brees, Forte and McCoy.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero
    Touredge CBX 119
    Callaway Apex 2019 combo
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Bettinardi Queen B

• jgolfinjgolfin Members Posts: 443 ✭✭
    I made it to the finals in both leagues that I played in this year. I have a finals matchup with game changer in the golfwrx league. Bragging rights are worth so much more than the money in the other league I play in. Fingers crossed I can pull out a win for the championship in both.
    Titleist 917 D2 10.5 Oban Kiyoshi 65 04
    Srixon F45 15* KK stiff
    Bridgestone J15HY 21* Fubuki z80 Stiff
    Bridgestone Tour B X HI 21* 6.5 HC Evenflow Black
    Bridgestone Tour B CBP 5-PW $-Taper 120
    Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*,54*,58* Modus 125 wedge
    Scotty Golo 5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag
    Bushnell Z6
    Loving doubling up on Philly's first drive with Cooper and Foles. Especially since I sat Dalton. Course I was up 30 before this one started and my opponent has DeSean and Crapernick
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,369 ✭✭
    I don't watch a lot of football but played in a fantasy football league. I started off like 0-6 but then went on a run and even made the playoffs before losing.

problem was my RB's were Stevan Ridley and Ray Rice early and both guys were horrific. I also had Knowshon Moreno as my 3rd back but obviously eventually began starting him and signing Benjarvis Green Ellis. I also picked up Riley Cooper off waivers as well as Michael Floyd early in the year.

So between surprising years from Moreno and Cooper, some good performances late from Floyd. Some timely shifting between my 2 quarterbacks (Dalton and Luck) i went on a nice run
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
    edited Dec 22, 2013 #23
    I've ridden RB's again this season via the 2 stud RB theory.

Been riding Jamal Charles, Eddie Lacy and a combo of Chris Johnson, Gio Bernard, Zac Stacy or Chris Ivory all year (gambled on Stacy and Ivory in the draft). Got my starting QB for the vast majority of the season (Foles) on waivers and have a hodgepodge of WR's. Cooper and Kendal Wright were starters this week. I stream defenses and kickers weekly.
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers Posts: 28,369 ✭✭
    LOL, i thought i had good ones!

If i hadn't drafted Moreno (with the last pick in the draft mind you) or signed Cooper randomly in like week 4....i'd have been toast

Some of it was luck too. I mean every time i started Dalton he played well. I sat him during all his terrible weeks
    Ping G400 Max 9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW w/S300
    Callaway MD Forged 52,56 w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/s300
    SGC Northwood Center Shaft 400g
    I got Stacy with my last draft pick (I picked 6th so it was 4th to last pick) and picked Ivory with my second to last pick. I always load up on RB's, they're good trade bait.
    Ended the night up 58. He has Kaep and Phil Dawson left... Gonna be closer than I want IMO cause my Falcons can't stop a nosebleed
  • duck_hunterduck_hunter Members Posts: 974
    5 mins before 10 am kickoff, i swapped out cutler for dalton, bc i didnt want to deal with playofff implications from DET and GB outcomes. almost picked up cousins bc of juicy matchup, but the weather in DC scared me off.. i ended up winning one of my finals by 14 pts bc of dalton! thank you big red!
    816 BBA DBD 10.5
    815 BBA 16.5
    913H 19
    Apex Pro
    PM Grind 64
    Golo 5
    It figures... my team, after being the 1 seed and flopping the last two weeks, went OFF yesterday. Donald Brown turned out to be a great flex start!

Just goes to show that as you get later in the year, the fantasy "studs" are not always a 100% guarantee.

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

In my main league, we draft auction style and I spent well over half my money on Arian and Rice. You know how that one turned out.

In my secondary league, Jamaal singlehandedly brought me a championship.
    Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
    i20 4-UW
    Taylormade TM-110
    Cleveland CG14 56 & 60
  • duck_hunterduck_hunter Members Posts: 974
    yea, jamaal's week 15 craziness saved my a** in first round of playoffs..yeyah!
    816 BBA DBD 10.5
    815 BBA 16.5
    913H 19
    Apex Pro
    PM Grind 64
    Golo 5