Srixon Z Four Stand Bag

I'm not excusing it by any means, but I would never judge a bag based on the durability of the silly little zipper pulls. It's not like it deems anything non-functional. Yes it would be annoying but if the manufacturer is willing to send you balls worth $40 to make it right and you can buy 40 zipper pulls in any color imaginable on Amazon for $5, I think it's really no big deal. Of all the bags I've had and all the parts rip, tear, break or fail, I literally wouldn't blink if a zipper pull broke. And I certainly wouldn't judge the bag as a whole based on that little negligible (to me) detail. Again, this is my view. If it bugs you, I totally respect that.

I guess you're either the guy that would call North Face and complain about the zipper pull on your $300 winter jacket, or you're the guy that would throw a paperclip on there and be glad you're warm.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thrown a bread tie around it for now...LOL It's not that big of a deal but without it, it does make the zipper hard to use, but not hard to repair. I really like the bag overall and since Ive been using my stand staff, I forgot how nice it is. Light and comfortable. I am sure Srixon will fix this issue on the next go round and shooting me over MY CHOICE of balls was amazing customer service IMO. The zipper pulls are cool looking but over time if enough break off, it does make the bag look a bit wonky if you have paper clips and bread ties all over it. I will have to look for some actual pulls like you say exist.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Luckily I haven't had any zipper pull issues. I like the bag, fits well on my Clic Gear. First white bag I've owned, not sure I would do it again keeping it as clean as I would like has been a challenge.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

• 5 months later...

Old post but I recently purchased a Z Four when my ping started to wear out. I’m very impressed with the bag and the 4-way divider is very nice. The bag is comfortable to carry, fits on a cart just fine, and actually rides on the Golf Board nicer than my old Hoofer. Storage wise, it is close to my old Hoofer. The little pockets to the side of the ball pocket are a little useless for me right now, but I am working on arranging the bag and may find better use for them in time. The material seems to be a little less rugged than the old Hoofers, but I will see how well it lasts. Overall, I’m stoked with the bag and very impressed with the room for clubs, the dividers, the stand, and the straps with the shock absorber built in. Hopefully it lasts for a while.

• 2 months later...

No zippered cooler pocket. But I can't say enough about this bag. Still loving both of mine.

Can you tell me what all those effing pockets are for?

Srixon Z355 - Miyazaki
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Adams CB3 - KBS Tour 90
Wilson Staff FG TC 56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

No zippered cooler pocket. But I can't say enough about this bag. Still loving both of mine.

There are a few indeed. I suppose to some it’s too many and though, I don’t use them all, I really like the soft lined range finder pocket and a spot where I know my driver/wood wrench is. Bells and whistles aside, the straps, balance and handles on this bag are just perfect. Just all feels right to me. And it’s sharp as hell.

There are a few indeed. I suppose to some it's too many and though, I don't use them all, I really like the soft lined range finder pocket and a spot where I know my driver/wood wrench is. Bells and whistles aside, the straps, balance and handles on this bag are just perfect. Just all feels right to me. And it's sharp as hell.

Which one is the soft lined range finder pocket?

There are a few indeed. I suppose to some it's too many and though, I don't use them all, I really like the soft lined range finder pocket and a spot where I know my driver/wood wrench is. Bells and whistles aside, the straps, balance and handles on this bag are just perfect. Just all feels right to me. And it's sharp as hell.

Which one is the soft lined range finder pocket?

It’s right above the large “ball” pocket.

Black/red bag is $105 on Amazon right now.

https://www.amazon.com/Srixon-Golf-Z-Four-Stand-Bag/dp/B01G4UCRXW

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

I had 5 bags up until a couple days ago... sold off 3 of them, the only two I have left are the Z Four and a Titleist Staff bag. Now, I did buy a Titleist Stand Staff bag, but the Z Four has been amazing all around and I can not see getting rid of such a good bag even if I am not playing anything Srixon ATM. There are a lot of pockets but it's better to have too many than not enough. I have the white one, it's a little dirty but overall has held up better than expected. Great all around bag... light, roomy, and comfortable. I can't say enough good things about it. $105 is a great deal for a brand new one...

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Thanks for all the replies xjohnx!! One more quick question if you don't mind, can you still get in the valuables pocket easily when you put it on a cart or does the strap go over it?

I'll chime in... ALL pockets are accessible when strapped in... it's one of the things I love most about it. When I put it on my Clicgear, I can get to all the pockets without obstruction. The valuables pocket at the top side is positioned lower than most which keeps it within reach. If for whatever reason it were to be obstructed, which I have not come across yet, there are other lined pockets that can be used. Great design... my only worry is the material.. it seems a bit thin but I have not had a single issue yet.

Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Thanks everyone! I ended up pulling the trigger on a Grey/Cyan blue one a little while ago on eBay. It was $105 and with the 15% off coupon and free shipping, at $90, I figured it was a no brainer even if I don't end up loving the bag.

Congrats! I'm confident you'll love the bag.

Hope so as it is now an excuse to find new matching headcovers!

Thanks everyone! I ended up pulling the trigger on a Grey/Cyan blue one a little while ago on eBay. It was $105 and with the 15% off coupon and free shipping, at $90, I figured it was a no brainer even if I don't end up loving the bag.

Congrats! I'm confident you'll love the bag.

Hope so as it is now an excuse to find new matching headcovers!

Haha welcome to the club!

65_AE00_FE_DCAB_492_A_B054_6_E77276_B8_CF8.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Just noticed their are no stand bags on the Srixon site anymore other than the ladies one. We might finally be seeing a replacement for this bag. I’m intrigued.

Noticed the same thing while perusing their new range of clubs.

Srixon Z355 - Miyazaki
Taylormade V-Steel 4-wood
Taylormade V-Steel 7-wood
Adams CB3 - KBS Tour 90
Wilson Staff FG TC 56/60
Yes Callie - bunch of lead tape on the bottom

Luckily I haven't had any zipper pull issues. I like the bag, fits well on my Clic Gear. First white bag I've owned, not sure I would do it again keeping it as clean as I would like has been a challenge.

I sprayed mine with a waterproof spray when I first got it. After 2 years it’s still pretty clean with little effort.

Heads up...several different colors are available for $92 and two-day Prime shipping on Amazon.

I just ordered one in all navy blue this morning.

I have been using a Ogio cart bag in unison with my push cart for the last 2 years, so this will be my first attempt at carrying a bag in a long time.

the Northeast has been getting a lot of rain lately and pushing a cart has been slightly irritating because of the buildup of mud and grass on the cart, so I figured what better time to pick up a carry bag then now?

Having seen this thread re-open along with receiving a $50 Amazon gift card recently, serendipity was rearing its head and I should be receiving the bag next week.

I will do a full review in this thread, once I play my first round with it.

My all black bag arrived today and my first impressions are this is a fantastic design. It's super light but with plenty of capacity to make walking enjoyable. One of the biggest positives - the integrated carry straps - may also be its biggest negative as I don't think they're removable. With the the hurricane coming I'm not sure when I'll get to try it out on the course, but for $90 shipped I think this is a great option for walkers.

Received my navy blue z four today. Loaded my clubs from the Ogio Gotham cart bag to the new one and my initial impressions are strong.

The bag itself feels fairly robust and I was pleasantly surprised with the number of pockets. The pockets are well placed and and I'm impressed with the initial feel of quality to the materials.

Now that the bag is fully loaded with my normal fare, I picked it up, threw it over my shoulders and was pleased with the even placement of the clubs across my back. The affixed straps feel very comfortable and there's even a kind of cut out thing towards the bottom of the bag that I can grab onto while the clubs are on my shoulders.

I took clubs in and out of the bag several times to experiment with club tangle, and while the clubs go in fairly smooth it certainly isn't as smooth as my 14-way cart bag.

Overall, my impression of the appearance itself is very favorable and I'm looking forward to taking this thing out on Sunday for its first 18-hole jaunt. It has been somewhat frustrating using a push cart through the rain-soaked course that I play and it has been two years since I've used to stand bag so I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like again.

After my round on Sunday I will provide a post round review.

Unfortunately the majority of pictures that I took are too large but I believe there will be one that is visible to the group.

Received my navy blue z four today. Loaded my clubs from the Ogio Gotham cart bag to the new one and my initial impressions are strong.

The bag itself feels fairly robust and I was pleasantly surprised with the number of pockets. The pockets are well placed and and I'm impressed with the initial feel of quality to the materials.

Now that the bag is fully loaded with my normal fare, I picked it up, threw it over my shoulders and was pleased with the even placement of the clubs across my back. The affixed straps feel very comfortable and there's even a kind of cut out thing towards the bottom of the bag that I can grab onto while the clubs are on my shoulders.

I took clubs in and out of the bag several times to experiment with club tangle, and while the clubs go in fairly smooth it certainly isn't as smooth as my 14-way cart bag.

Overall, my impression of the appearance itself is very favorable and I'm looking forward to taking this thing out on Sunday for its first 18-hole jaunt. It has been somewhat frustrating using a push cart through the rain-soaked course that I play and it has been two years since I've used to stand bag so I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like again.

Unfortunately the majority of pictures that I took are too large but I believe there will be one that is visible to the group.

Congrats! Those J33 Combos are awesome! Glad to see someone still playing them.

Congrats! Those J33 Combos are awesome! Glad to see someone still playing them.

Xjohnx..thank you kindly for the compliment.

As promised, here is my review with a bag after having played 18 holes with it today.

For starters I realize that carrying a bag is much more beneficial for me when the ground is saturated. Along with this, it was nice being able to take certain angles coming off the green on to the next tee Box that I normally wouldn't have been able to with a push cart.

Starting from the bottom of the bag up, a couple of things come to mind. The score card pocket is a very nice touch and it's something that I have never had with any other stand bag. The pockets towards the bottom of the bag are well-placed however the pocket that is supposed to hold a beverage is extremely small and didn't come close to fitting a smaller gatorade bottle. I haven't tried it out with a normal sized water bottle but will do so next time.

Working my way up on the bag, the straps were adequate but there were a couple of things about them I did not like. For instance, no matter how I attempted to put the bag over my shoulders I always found myself having to flip over the strap that goes on my left shoulder. Not a game changer but certainly wasn't fun to have to do this each and every time. Additionally, the cushion that is in the very center of the harness straps can sometimes feel uncomfortable when it's placed in the small of your back. With the exception of these two things the straps we're okay.

In regards to the stand mechanism itself, the oversized feet served very well but there was one particular feature about the stand that I wasn't pleased with. At certain times during my round the stand legs would kind of flop around and hit my bag as I took each step. This was somewhat annoying but not a game changer.

The pocket that is dedicated to the cell phone holder is fairly small and my Galaxy had to be wedged in there and I tried taking it out during around at some point and it was kind of a pain in the a** to put back in. However it was nice to have that option to hold my cell phone at a dedicated pocket.

The rest of the pockets were lovely and I don't have anything in particular to say about them other than they worked perfectly fine.

I do see how people historically have had problems with the zipper pulls, and this prompted me to be very careful as I zip and unziped the pockets.

Now on to what can be the big game changer with bags and that is the four way section of the bag itself. Coming from a 14 way cart bag, this was my biggest trepidation but I did not find much club tangle throughout the round. If there was any club tangle it wasn't enough to make me notice otherwise so I can confidently say that the bag itself is close to having no club tangle on it.

In regards to the fit and finish of the bags materials, I personally think it's very sharp-looking and while I will knock on wood, I am hoping that it lasts me fairly long. At the end of the day, I am very pleased that I was able to purchase this bag for only 92 bucks, and I am happy to be able to dive back into carrying my bag throughout the remainder of the Season while the ground continues to be wet.

I hope you guys found this review adequate.