Miura MC 501 ... any one hit it?

LYG

Honestly I could have taken the cb501 mc501 or mb001. I took the 001s based on looks and the fact that my best dispersion was with the 001s.

But they all felt phenomenal.

001s due to be delivered to me next week.

I think the 001 look best. Then the mc’s then the cb501. Though I got the impression that the cbs were very forgiving. Nothing between the mc501s and 001s.

You really can’t go wrong with any of them. Sublime.

i was turning 60 (the Xmas before this last one) and had decided that spring to try a more forgiving club than the MB 001's I had been playing for the last several years. I had noticed a little clubhead speed loss over the last 4 or 5 years and thought the Cobra Forged Tec irons could just replace working out hard... stretching, weights. The stronger lofts and more forgiving cavity back irons did increase distance but I was giving up a lot of feel. A member, was looking for new clubs, so I sold him the Cobra's and ordered the MC501's. To me they don't feel quite as soft as the MB001's -maybe the extra sole weighting, but it matters little as I'm loving these. Distances are more dialed in and I feel more confident striking these.

Maybe the MC501's kind of transition between blade and Cutback. I understand the idea of how the perimeter weighting of the CB irons can decrease the misshit effect ... they were all just too ugly for my liking. I went from Wilson Staff blades to Clevland TA1's to eventually the MB001's ...grab the MB001 and the MC501. exactly the same look at address.

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a full set and wedges directly from Miura.

I have had two sets of Muira Cb-501 and one set was KJ Choi edition.

Was going to buy the MB001 and looked for the better part of 2 years imaging me with them but couldn’t pull the trigger.

I finally saw the MC’s and couldn’t wait anymore. I even got a new Miura bag as mine was worn.

I ordered them with Modus 120x as I had been fitted for the x100’s in my first set of Miuras. My newer set of CB KJ Choi edition has some KBS graphite xflex shafts but I was too lazy to switch them out.

I will post some pics later on and super excited to get them. Can’t find too many videos in English about them.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else disappointed with the amount of offset on the 501's? I love everything about these except not used to looking down and seeing that much offset- especially on the short irons. Seems like they did it backwards and have less offset in the long irons and more in the short irons? I'm playing mine with Steelfiber FC115's.

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

• 2 weeks later...

> @pearls24 said:

> Anyone else disappointed with the amount of offset on the 501's? I love everything about these except not used to looking down and seeing that much offset- especially on the short irons. Seems like they did it backwards and have less offset in the long irons and more in the short irons? I'm playing mine with Steelfiber FC115's.

avpcvp4045th.jpg

No, I don't really notice it all. I'm playing these with project X 6.0.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone post side by side pics of the MC 501 and the CB 1008? Want to compare the offset, top line, head shape, etc.

I recently hit the MC501 at Club Champion and man, were they sweet. Dispersion was the tightest out of any club I hit (apex pro 19, mizuno mp18 sc, ap2, i500) and distance was not sacrificed at all (the average was actually a touch longer with the Miura's too). The fitter that helped me had a full set of them and that 4i is pretty intimidating (for my eye) so I was thinking of trying a set of the CB 1008?

> @golfinz said:

> Can anyone post side by side pics of the MC 501 and the CB 1008? Want to compare the offset, top line, head shape, etc.

> I recently hit the MC501 at Club Champion and man, were they sweet. Dispersion was the tightest out of any club I hit (apex pro 19, mizuno mp18 sc, ap2, i500) and distance was not sacrificed at all (the average was actually a touch longer with the Miura's too). The fitter that helped me had a full set of them and that 4i is pretty intimidating (for my eye) so I was thinking of trying a set of the CB 1008?

I don't have side by sides, but the offset difference is fairly negligible (mc-501 has quite a lot of offset for a "blade") so it's more a function of looking at a slightly thicker topline. If you have a chance to swing the MC501 4iron I would recommend doing so - I have found the MC501 to be significantly more forgiving than the topline would suggest. I'm moving from MP64 to MC501 and don't see any difference in forgiveness.

TM M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT70 X
TM M2 Deep 16.7* Kuro Kage XT80 X
PXG 0317 19* Kuro Kage 80HY TX
Mizuno MP64 4-PW C-Taper S
Vokey SM5 50-55-60 C-Taper S
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Medium term review: I have about 25-30 rounds and several range sessions in with them. I agree with the above post on the forgiveness of the long irons. They are a joy to hit. REALLY wish they made a 2 iron in this model. I'm currently not gaming the 3 iron anymore but I have been considering bringing it back in play, bending it to 20*, and ditching my utility/driving iron. I just can't say enough good things about these irons. From a looks, feel, and performance standpoint, they have it all.

> @Lepatrique said:

> > @golfinz said:

> > Can anyone post side by side pics of the MC 501 and the CB 1008? Want to compare the offset, top line, head shape, etc.

> > I recently hit the MC501 at Club Champion and man, were they sweet. Dispersion was the tightest out of any club I hit (apex pro 19, mizuno mp18 sc, ap2, i500) and distance was not sacrificed at all (the average was actually a touch longer with the Miura's too). The fitter that helped me had a full set of them and that 4i is pretty intimidating (for my eye) so I was thinking of trying a set of the CB 1008?

>

> I don't have side by sides, but the offset difference is fairly negligible (mc-501 has quite a lot of offset for a "blade") so it's more a function of looking at a slightly thicker topline. If you have a chance to swing the MC501 4iron I would recommend doing so - I have found the MC501 to be significantly more forgiving than the topline would suggest. I'm moving from MP64 to MC501 and don't see any difference in forgiveness.

I could have access to a full set, but requires to go back to Club Champion as a fitter there has a full set. Nice guy but definitely tried to 'up sell' me on this set vs the apex pro 19s.

> @golfinz said:

> Can anyone post side by side pics of the MC 501 and the CB 1008? Want to compare the offset, top line, head shape, etc.

> I recently hit the MC501 at Club Champion and man, were they sweet. Dispersion was the tightest out of any club I hit (apex pro 19, mizuno mp18 sc, ap2, i500) and distance was not sacrificed at all (the average was actually a touch longer with the Miura's too). The fitter that helped me had a full set of them and that 4i is pretty intimidating (for my eye) so I was thinking of trying a set of the CB 1008?

I can, they look similar but the topline on the CB-1008 is marginally thicker. I'll post pictures tomorrow, my CB's are raw so sitting next to a chrome MC they look really different, but in daylight they're much more similar.

> @"Josh L." said:

> > @golfinz said:

> > Can anyone post side by side pics of the MC 501 and the CB 1008? Want to compare the offset, top line, head shape, etc.

> > I recently hit the MC501 at Club Champion and man, were they sweet. Dispersion was the tightest out of any club I hit (apex pro 19, mizuno mp18 sc, ap2, i500) and distance was not sacrificed at all (the average was actually a touch longer with the Miura's too). The fitter that helped me had a full set of them and that 4i is pretty intimidating (for my eye) so I was thinking of trying a set of the CB 1008?

>

> I can, they look similar but the topline on the CB-1008 is marginally thicker. I'll post pictures tomorrow, my CB's are raw so sitting next to a chrome MC they look really different, but in daylight they're much more similar.

Thanks! I’ve done a lot of reading on them and they sound fantastic. A few commenters did say the offset gets noticeable going up the set. Some pics of various irons would be a huge help!

> @golfinz said:

> Thanks! I’ve done a lot of reading on them and they sound fantastic. A few commenters did say the offset gets noticeable going up the set. Some pics of various irons would be a huge help!

Here's 2 six irons, thats the longest iron I have in the MC-501, I use The 3-4-5 in the CB-1008, Have a 3-4-5 in the CB-301 coming though. In the photos it looks like the MC has more offset, but standing over the ball the offset looks identical. The MC has a thinner top line, and I haven't measured but visually the MC looks to have a narrower sole. They blend well together though as most Miura heads do.

l0yyqvowy4bk.jpg

rplhgxcpqw5b.jpg

1hutaz8vhj7o.jpg

n4uq3ussjlct.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks > @"Josh L." said:

> > @golfinz said:

> > Thanks! I’ve done a lot of reading on them and they sound fantastic. A few commenters did say the offset gets noticeable going up the set. Some pics of various irons would be a huge help!

> Here's 2 six irons, thats the longest iron I have in the MC-501, I use The 3-4-5 in the CB-1008, Have a 3-4-5 in the CB-301 coming though. In the photos it looks like the MC has more offset, but standing over the ball the offset looks identical. The MC has a thinner top line, and I haven't measured but visually the MC looks to have a narrower sole. They blend well together though as most Miura heads do.

> l0yyqvowy4bk.jpg

> rplhgxcpqw5b.jpg

> 1hutaz8vhj7o.jpg

> n4uq3ussjlct.jpg

Thanks! They almost look to be cut from the same cloth! Would love to find someone in Austin that has a set to see/hit.

@pearls24 How are the Steelfiber FC115’s working out for you? Currently I’m gaming the Apex Pro DOT’s with the Catalyst 100 shafts and they are really growing on me but the transition from steel might be easier with something a little heavier. I would love to here your take on the FC115’s. I also have a set of CB 1008’s collecting dust that would be a good candidate to test the FC’s in.

Instagram: @TourUseOnly

> @Chex said:

> @pearls24 How are the Steelfiber FC115’s working out for you? Currently I’m gaming the Apex Pro DOT’s with the Catalyst 100 shafts and they are really growing on me but the transition from steel might be easier with something a little heavier. I would love to here your take on the FC115’s. I also have a set of CB 1008’s collecting dust that would be a good candidate to test the FC’s in.

Hey Chex:

Final verdict isn't out yet. I think the shafts themselves are really good. Just not sure they are the right ones for me. I was using 125's in X so it is quite a bit different in weight and I'm prob. better suited for a heavier shaft. That being said, when I am swinging well they feel really good. Just need some more time with them. Before the Steelfiber 125's I was using the KBS Tour V's.

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

• 2 weeks later...

As a lefty, I die a little inside every time I see a set of these in the wild. Incredible clubs.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

I played my first round with the MC501 Today with KBS Tour V Stiff and had one of the better ball striking days ive had in a while . These clubs feel great (to me) and they are pretty forgiving for the design. I believe they have made their way into the bag after 1 round. I also have CB2008, Callaway XForged 18, MP18 Blades and these are going to be the gamers for some time. I was really on the fence about buying them without a proper demo period but took a shot and it paid off . I am really pleased with the results.

• Like 1

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

• 1 month later...

Are the CB-1008’s really much more forgiving than the MC-501? Seems like there would not be a big difference.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

• 3 weeks later...

Hey....I am thinking of getting a set set of MC501's but dont have the ability to see them in person...can you guys give me an idea to their size (notably blade length and offset)...anything comparable like a titleist MB or closer to a larger Srixon Z forged....or something off the rack??? If you have any pics to share that would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a set of 4pw. They are great. a little too much offset for purest. But they are a solid offering from Miura with their 'new' vision. I still prefer the BB over these but won't sell the MCs any time soon as they are very forgiving and I could see one day playing them over traditional blades. I would rank the feel of hitting it pure, 3rd behing BB then MB001s. Very nice feel for sure

> @ivygynonc said:

> I have a set of 4pw. They are great. a little too much offset for purest. But they are a solid offering from Miura with their 'new' vision. I still prefer the BB over these but won't sell the MCs any time soon as they are very forgiving and I could see one day playing them over traditional blades. I would rank the feel of hitting it pure, 3rd behing BB then MB001s. Very nice feel for sure

I have the same 4-pw. I have 3 sets of BB, one set of 501, one set of MB001 and tournament blades. I too think the BB are the best for me but the MB and 501s are undoubtedly a superb blade. I like the BB squareness at address and the MB workability. I play ping BPs for the trajectory but if I could play more, I would prob play the BB and MBs exclusively.

> @ivygynonc said:

> > @ivygynonc said:

> > I have a set of 4pw. They are great. a little too much offset for purest. But they are a solid offering from Miura with their 'new' vision. I still prefer the BB over these but won't sell the MCs any time soon as they are very forgiving and I could see one day playing them over traditional blades. I would rank the feel of hitting it pure, 3rd behing BB then MB001s. Very nice feel for sure

>

> I have the same 4-pw. I have 3 sets of BB, one set of 501, one set of MB001 and tournament blades. I too think the BB are the best for me but the MB and 501s are undoubtedly a superb blade. I like the BB squareness at address and the MB workability. I play ping BPs for the trajectory but if I could play more, I would prob play the BB and MBs exclusively.

Sorry! didn't realize I was responding to my own post! A Little too much Macallan tonight...