SuperSpeed Golf - Your Performance

christof87

I’m hoping to get some member thoughts on your progress with the SuperSpeed training programme.

Q1. How fast have you gone with each of the sticks on a regular swing?

My bests are (using SS Radar):

Green - 140mph

Blue - 128mph

Red - 119mph

Q2: How fast is your driver clubhead speed?

I had a lesson a couple of weeks’ ago and I was managing 104-106mph using a Trackman.

• Thanks 1

My best is 131 with the green 124 with the blue and 119 with the red. I'm about 4 weeks in and I'm up about 10-13 mph per club since I started. My right handed swings (lefty) are up about 30 mph and are getting closer to my lefty numbers.

My driver started at about 95 mph and I'm up to about 103-105 tops right now. With the extra speed has also come some dispersion woes but the distance gains are real. I've also gained a club on my irons.

So far it hasn't helped my scoring but I am committed to keeping this going as my swing has never felt better.

@princelyryno - sounds about right. Fastest I’ve swung my driver using the radar without a ball is 121mph and 116mph with a ball on the range.

Single Trackman session with a ball was 104-106pmh. My estimate is that the SS Radar is minimum 5mph slower than Trackman.

How many months have you been using the training system for? And what’s your progression been like?

@Haber - thanks for sharing your numbers. I’m into week 11 now, and my starting numbers and position after 4 weeks we’re similar to yours aside from the green being a bit higher.

Out of interest, how do your step swings (feet together, move to top of backswing, then step towards target, then swing) compare to regular swings?

Keen to understand a bit more about performance ratios between green, blue and red clubs if anyone has any more thoughts?

I think my green performance (140mph best) is significantly better than blue (128mph) and red (119mph).

Wondering if this is an indicator that I might be more responsive to a lighter shaft...

> @christof87 said:

> @Haber - thanks for sharing your numbers. I’m into week 11 now, and my starting numbers and position after 4 weeks we’re similar to yours aside from the green being a bit higher.

>

> Out of interest, how do your step swings (feet together, move to top of backswing, then step towards target, then swing) compare to regular swings?

My step swings are very similar to my regular swings. There is the odd one that is a couple MPH faster but most are pretty close.

Highest ever w green 141. Highest ever recording of driver CHS was 118mph on GCQ.

That was last year... got injured this year and just started on SSG training again. Current highest green stick is like 126, fastest driver speed on the radar was 108. It's only been about 2 weeks though, the first time I ever did SSG I started around where I am right now and by week 6 I hit 140 on the green. Usually see one initial spike in performance, then a little bit of a stagnation, then another large jump, followed by slow linear increase which eventually will probably slow down to almost no gains after a while, then training becomes about maintaining the speed long term.

@Z1ggy16 - sorry to hear about your injury. Wishing you a speedy return to top form.

My progress has been directionally upwards, but more up and down in between certain sessions. All final swings and green stick:

Week 1 - Session 1 - 126mph

Week 1 - Session 2 - 131mph

Week 1 - Session 3 - 134mph

Week 1 - Session 5 - 136mph

Week 2 - Session 8 - 139mph (all other measures really high during this session)

Then nothing above 135 until week 9 - mostly 128-134s. Possibly due to work travels and only 3 sessions done over a 2-week period. During this time, I thought I’d maybe ‘fluked’ the 139mph in week 2.

Week 9 - Session 24 - 136mph

Week 10 - Session 27 - 137mph

Week 10 - Session 28 - 139mph

Week 10 - Session 29 - 140mph

Week 11 - Session 32 - 140mph

Week 11 - Session 33 - 141mph

What I’ll also say is that as I’ve hit the 140s my timing can be off and I drop right back to 120-130, then next swing get high 130s again...

Here is a quick reference table I put together based on the "expected" swing speeds for each stick based on your current "normal on the course" driver swing speed. I took the percentage differences (+19% for green, +15% for blue, and +10% for red) from one of the SuperSpeed webinars they have posted on their site. I'm sure these numbers are just averages and could actually vary from person to person, and there was some discussion in the other SuperSpeed thread on how to actually interpret these numbers, but it might be a good reference to see if perhaps you might be able to get more out of the SuperSpeed training. **So take this chart with a grain of salt.**

76omktwqlwfq.png

I did them in two degree increments so the table didn't get too long.

• Like 1

What's interesting is I recently saw a graph posted by Monte on Instagram where it showed a linear correlation between Club head speed and ground force pressure. The line was quite steep though meaning a very small increases in ground force would equal a pretty large increasing clubhead speed. So any little mess up in technique that you do during the swing can have pretty large effects on Club head speed.

I know that when I really feel myself squatting and pushing up hard with glutes I get a big jump up in speed. If I don't engage the core and lower body, speed will really drop off.

> @christof87 said:

> @SirFuego - thanks for sharing. Great idea to build out a table ?

>

> Are any of the other webinars useful in terms of key insights / important takeaways?

>

>

In have found at least the first 4 to be useful. Haven't listened to the 5th. The first is a general intro, second is on ground forces, third is kinematic sequence and fourth is about lag. Not sure there were any single takeaways, but they really help to explain why the protocols are organized as they are and various things to consider when training. For example, step change is intended to help motivate the use of ground forces, so if can't do well with step change, you may have an issue with ground forces.

> @christof87 said:

> @princelyryno - sounds about right. Fastest I’ve swung my driver using the radar without a ball is 121mph and 116mph with a ball on the range.

>

> Single Trackman session with a ball was 104-106pmh. My estimate is that the SS Radar is minimum 5mph slower than Trackman.

>

> How many months have you been using the training system for? And what’s your progression been like?

I’ve been super lazy with it but copying what I put in my notes on my phone:

Super speed

4/26/19

Driver pre warmup max-102

Green pre warmup max-109

Green max 119

Driver max 109

4/28

Driver pre- 103

Green pre-116

Green post-129

Driver post-110

4/30

Driver pre- 105

Green pre-114

Green post-118

Driver post-115

5/3

Driver pre- 108

Green pre-125

Green post-128

Driver post-112

5/6

Driver pre- 108

Green pre-118

Green post- 123

Driver post- 113

5/8

Driver pre- 104

Green pre-120

Green post- 129

Driver post- 119

6/9

Driver pre- 110

Green pre- 114

Green post- 122

Driver post- 117

6/11

Driver pre- 112

Green pre- 125

Green post- 121

Driver post- 114

7/9

Driver pre- 112

Green pre- 126

Green post- 135

Driver post- 117

7/12 indoor

Driver pre- 110

Green pre- 120

Green post- 128

Driver post- 117

7/15

Driver pre- 112

Green pre- 116

Green post- 127

Driver post- 114

7/29

Driver pre- 112

Green pre- 124

Green post- 131

Driver post- 114

My highest

Green - 148

Blue - 139

Red - 133

Highest trackman recorded 125. Gained about 10 mph with each stick and probably 2-3 mph on course driver speed over a year, but i also lift weights so hard to say what’s the cause

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

> @christof87 said:

> @provx - impressive scores! Can’t see myself hitting those heights!

>

> Do you focus on any specific types of lifts as part of your gym workout?

I train exclusively with kettlebells, mostly because i enjoy it compared to barbell and dumbbell stuff. I don’t know much speed they add, i have the genetics for decent speed somehow, just not the greatest golf skill genetics.

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

• 1 year later...

Hello-I am hoping someone could provide their results with a slower swing speed and is a senior golfer.

I am starting with driver clubhead speed of 86-88MPH. I am 3 weeks into SS training:

Green- Started at 97 and at 105 MPH

Blue- 95 to 100

Red 90-95

Can someone with similar starting stats tell me how they progressed through the 6 weeks(or more) of training and what their results were for the training sticks and their actual driver clubhead speed?

Thank you all in advance!

Jeff

1 hour ago, getitdaily said:

Buying these bad boys tomorrow. About to start my journey.

No dog in the fight, but you might want to consider  https://www.maxswingspeed.com instead.

Half the price, and a more current GolfWRX sponsor.  Also, the developer has been super responsive on this board.

I’m on board with the need for speed, so good luck with your own journey. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2019 at 3:53 PM, SirFuego said:

Here is a quick reference table I put together based on the "expected" swing speeds for each stick based on your current "normal on the course" driver swing speed. I took the percentage differences (+19% for green, +15% for blue, and +10% for red) from one of the SuperSpeed webinars they have posted on their site. I'm sure these numbers are just averages and could actually vary from person to person, and there was some discussion in the other SuperSpeed thread on how to actually interpret these numbers, but it might be a good reference to see if perhaps you might be able to get more out of the SuperSpeed training. **So take this chart with a grain of salt.**

76omktwqlwfq.png

I did them in two degree increments so the table didn't get too long.

Is this chart wayyyy off for anyone else?

I’m just two training sessions in, and my max speed with green so far is 133, max blue 125, max red 120. Measured with a PRGR device. 

But shortly thereafter, I hit some drivers going all out on trackman and topped out at 122, 181 ball speed.  And 117-118 is pretty easy. According to this chart, I should be much faster with the sticks or much slower with the driver. 

Edited by Indygolf21

I'm only on my 2nd session but yah way off for me. It may be the prgr monitor though a little bit. My green max was 101 and my driver speed is 99. On a launch monitor warmed up I can consistently hit 98-99 every swing. 

My son was closer to that at 76 green and 66 driver. 

That prgr is weird. Into a net close I get way low readings. Once I get it to see more ballflight everything goes up to normal. I have no idea why it would read swingspeed lower but it does. I puchased 20 trackman hours at GolfGalaxy for $300 when they had a deal so I'll have plenty of time to test for real over the winter. 

On 11/15/2022 at 10:21 PM, Indygolf21 said:

Is this chart wayyyy off for anyone else?

I’m just two training sessions in, and my max speed with green so far is 133, max blue 125, max red 120. Measured with a PRGR device. 

But shortly thereafter, I hit some drivers going all out on trackman and topped out at 122, 181 ball speed.  And 117-118 is pretty easy. According to this chart, I should be much faster with the sticks or much slower with the driver. 

Someone else DM'd asking a similar thing.  SuperSpeed updated their website with more recent numbers, although I don't think it differs much from what I posted previously:

https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news/how-fast-should-i-swing-my-superspeed-clubs

The data in the table is just averages and without standard deviations (or ranges) you have no idea if you really are an outlier.  Even if you are... Does it really matter? 

I personally wouldn't worry about it.  As long as something is getting faster over time, it's good progress. 

• 11 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 11:31 AM, SirFuego said:

Someone else DM'd asking a similar thing.  SuperSpeed updated their website with more recent numbers, although I don't think it differs much from what I posted previously:

https://superspeedgolf.com/blogs/news/how-fast-should-i-swing-my-superspeed-clubs

The data in the table is just averages and without standard deviations (or ranges) you have no idea if you really are an outlier.  Even if you are... Does it really matter? 

I personally wouldn't worry about it.  As long as something is getting faster over time, it's good progress. 

Yeah, that’s the goal.  Progress.  

I would think some of the discrepancies from one to another using these is the “all out” mentality is different from one player to another.  And that’s the barrier for some capable of more speed but unduly cautious when playing.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar